• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The guy sitting next to me is reading a game of thrones. Guess there may have been a few who picked it up due to word of mouth via friends and the tv show.

If only it was a hot female brunette instead :/

Jintor

I swear I was sitting next to Doctor Breen today on the train... or maybe old white dudes with beards all look the same.

Hey guys quick question, how do the Splinter Cell games play on PC with kb+m?

Never played the original and wouldn't mind picking up Chaos Theory again.

Thanks.

Gazunta

It plays the same but you get a smug sense of superiority while you play.

Sorry Jintor I got sidetracked and made a comic about Sega Rally instead.

Gazunta

Nick Xenophon is demanding the 46 million we spent on our World Cup bid back from FIFA amidst the ongoing bribery scandal.

I say we use the 46 million to host our own rival World Cup and see who comes here instead of boiling to death in Qatar.

Aon

DualShadow said:
Hey guys quick question, how do the Splinter Cell games play on PC with kb+m?

Never played the original and wouldn't mind picking up Chaos Theory again.

Thanks.

So good. Mouse Wheel for move speed. Fantastic :D

Tntnnbltn

I read a book, GAF.

I was trying out the Kindle iPhone app because I'm thinking of buying a Kindle for a friend, and wanted to see what type of selection they had on the Australian Kindle store. While playing around with it I downloaded a sample of their current top seller -- Water For Elephants.

Ended up reading the whole thing.

But now I've done no work tonight. :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
gYMB3.png

goes on sale this thursday at kmart

the one on the left comes with the following games

Alex Kid, Alien Storm, Altered Beast, Arrow Flash, Columns 3, Crack Down, Decap Attack, Dr Robotnik, E-SWAT, Ecco the Dolphin, Ecco Jnr, Shinobi 2, Flicky, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Jewel Master, Kidd Chameleon, Sonic Spinball, Shadow Dancer, Sonic & Knuckles

heres a video review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf96i_ai7LE&feature=related

legend166

Went to the Louvre today.

Have blisters on both my pinky toes from all the walking between yesterday and today.

The Mona Lisa is overrated. Also Gummi Venus de Milo > real Venus de Milo. I really enjoyed it, though. Even if the art is lost on my ignorant self, the architecture is amazing and the historical stuff is cool.

Also judging by the paintings, women in the past were just that little bit chubby.

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
gYMB3.png

goes on sale this thursday at kmart

the one on the left comes with the following games

Alex Kid, Alien Storm, Altered Beast, Arrow Flash, Columns 3, Crack Down, Decap Attack, Dr Robotnik, E-SWAT, Ecco the Dolphin, Ecco Jnr, Shinobi 2, Flicky, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Jewel Master, Kidd Chameleon, Sonic Spinball, Shadow Dancer, Sonic & Knuckles

heres a video review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf96i_ai7LE&feature=related
Any idea on compatibility of both? I still (somehow) know where my copy of Virtua Racing is and would love to play the fuck out of it.

Edit: The handheld is the non-SD card one. But that console... I wonder if it plays at 50 or 60hz? I always preferred Sonic @ 50.

Feeling human again! (livejournal post incoming)

Yesterday was a complete write off for me, had about two hours sleep on Sunday night before our upstairs neighbours (who are moving out it seems) decided to pull an all-nighter (literally) of packing and moving stuff around, on floorboards mind you.

So I was woken at about 1:30 AM and did not get a wink more of sleep, needless to say yesterday was a clusterfuck.

So it turns out that yes, silence is indeed golden, as I had probably the best sleep I have ever had in my life last night (they have now moved out).

/livejournal

Also, finished Witcher 2, that game is fantastic. Going to start my new playthrough of Alpha Protocol tonight, which I am surprisingly excited for (considering I bought the game on day 1 and was never that excited about it at the time).

BanShunsaku said:
Also, finished Witcher 2, that game is fantastic. Going to start my new playthrough of Alpha Protocol tonight, which I am surprisingly excited for (considering I bought the game on day 1 and was never that excited about it at the time).

Have you replayed Witcher 2?

I'm nearing the end of my second play through and highly recommend it.

Darklord

Banned
elektrixx said:
I was so sick last night. I'm convinced it was the hot chicken from Woolworths I bought that caused me to vomit all night.

Last two times I bought a hot chicken from woolworths it was still raw inside. Yuck.

DualShadow said:
Have you replayed Witcher 2?

I'm nearing the end of my second play through and highly recommend it.

Nah, I am saving my second playthrough for when they patch it again to fix the gamepad controls.

I finished it without installing the patch (as I knew it would fuck up the controls) and then installed the patch to see if it ran any smoother for me. The patch seemed to improve the framerate, but I just can't play with the fucked up gamepad controls now.

Hopefully I can burn through AP in a few days and by the time they release the second patch I will be ready for my Iorveth path playthrough. Or have they patched it or released a fix for the gamepad issue yet? I haven't looked in the Witcher 2 thread for a couple of days.

Darklord said:
Last two times I bought a hot chicken from woolworths it was still raw inside. Yuck.
At my Woolies they overcook the chicken consistently, which isn't that great, but it does make the wings extra crispy. Mmm chicken wings.

Also, stuffing is disgusting. Why do they do it?

BanShunsaku said:
Nah, I am saving my second playthrough for when they patch it again to fix the gamepad controls.

I finished it without installing the patch (as I knew it would fuck up the controls) and then installed the patch to see if it ran any smoother for me. The patch seemed to improve the framerate, but I just can't play with the fucked up gamepad controls now.

Hopefully I can burn through AP in a few days and by the time they release the second patch I will be ready for my Iorveth path playthrough. Or have they patched it or released a fix for the gamepad issue yet? I haven't looked in the Witcher 2 thread for a couple of days.

As far as I know there has only been the 1 patch. I'm enjoying my second play through as much as the first, which is pretty rare.

I'm seeing a lot of love for AP lately might have to check it out when I see it cheap.

Clipper

viciouskillersquirrel said:
No... I think pretty much all stuffing is disgusting as a general rule. It always seemed so pointless to me, like soggy bread.
I love stuffing from certain shops. Even more so than the chicken sometimes.

Gazunta

markot said:
Too bad by now most people have quit the game >_<!
I often wonder what industry has the best ratio of 'time spent making it by developer' to 'time spent consuming it by customer'...

Game takes 2 years to make and people are done with it in a week.

Movie takes...what, 2 years on average? If everything runs smoothly...and people consume that in two hours.

Comic strip takes 2 or 3 hours and is consumed in 10 seconds.

Christ, BOOKS...I don't even want to think about that one.

Anyway my point is that it sucks to work on agame for two years and everyone is done with it by the time you buy it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Infamous 2 is in a week, I enjoyed the first and I might actually pick up the second. Looks like it's $57 at ozgameshop, Not too bad i guess.

I can't eat stuffing, It freaks me out for some reason. I always scrape it off the chicken and throw it out.

Jintor

Gazunta said:
I often wonder what industry has the best ratio of 'time spent making it by developer' to 'time spent consuming it by customer'...

Movie takes...what, 2 years on average? If everything runs smoothly...and people consume that in two hours.

Anyway my point is that it sucks to work on agame for two years and everyone is done with it by the time you buy it.

I'd argue the consumption time isn't quite so clear cut for a lot of things... games have mods, movies have related materials, people argue incessantly about comics, books inspire new modes of thinking... sure, if you're talking direct consumption time most media forms don't make the cut. But thought doesn't really work that way.

evlcookie said:
Infamous 2 is in a week, I enjoyed the first and I might actually pick up the second. Looks like it's $57 at ozgameshop, Not too bad i guess.

I can't eat stuffing, It freaks me out for some reason. I always scrape it off the chicken and throw it out.

The OT has just been created for this, I had no idea it was coming out so soon.

There are so many different pre-order options in the OT, I think we only have a few here.

I'll prob just pre-order it online and wait for the delivery.

Edit: Holy shit, Hero Edition for $189 at JB

ClivePwned said:
wordpress
Is there any way of activating comments so that people don't have to have an account to comment (but that still has a captcha so that the comments aren't just penis enlargement pill spam)?

Stackboy said:
I use to have one over on 1up.com, but that site went to the dogs, soon after the UGO takeover (now it's merging with IGN, worlds gone crazy).

Now I write over on www.gamingchronicles.com.
I don't think I could maintain a game related blog. Everything happens so damn fast, you barely have time to digest the news that comes in before it's already a million years old. Especially around E3.

Kritz

Banned
Gazunta said:

If you spend 2 hours on a comic and people read it in 10 seconds, then you only need... 720 people to read it to get that time back! :D

Is there any way of activating comments so that people don't have to have an account to comment (but that still has a captcha so that the comments aren't just penis enlargement pill spam)?
Yes, and you can also use Akismet which checks against a known spam database to determine, by the content type, if it's spam. You can also have a policy that you have to approve the first comment from any specific email address, meaning you can physically approve each human, but from then on they can comment however they want.

It's all very flexible.

Shaneus said:
Might have to see if I can track down my MD1 and something to get decent video from it. Must. Play. Original. Cartridges.
I plugged in my SNES and MD the other day to check they were still working after being in storage for so long. Both are working fine, but I really wish the MD had more than an RF out, as it looks terrible on a 55" TV, while the SNES still looks alright (not good mind you, but alright).

I don't think I could maintain a game related blog. Everything happens so damn fast, you barely have time to digest the news that comes in before it's already a million years old. Especially around E3.

The beauty of wordpress is that there are plugins that do all of this stuff. A pain to set up if you're not super familiar with CSS but not impossible ( I managed it). Even easier if you start with a theme someone's already got to the hard work of prettying up- lots offered on wordpress.

comments are the hardest thing to control and you really need a combo of plugins including the akismet plugin.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
VKS a gaming blog doesn't have to be all about news and the latest, look at retro blogs and things like Unseen64 for things that don't revolve around the current.

That's actually what I like to read, in depth analysis and thought about things, they can be current events - it doesn't have to be retro.

That's what I'm trying to do with my site, back off the news and fill it with more original content for people to read and discuss about. The news just takes all my time.

I'd say only do a gaming blog though if you can offer something different or don't care about it and just want your thoughts out there.

Clipper

DualShadow said:
The OT has just been created for this, I had no idea it was coming out so soon.

There are so many different pre-order options in the OT, I think we only have a few here.

I'll prob just pre-order it online and wait for the delivery.

Edit: Holy shit, Hero Edition for $189 at JB
Luckily, my supervisor is going on a trip to the US next week and he'll be there during the launch. I'm thus getting the US Hero Edition for US$99.54 + $0.99 shipping (release day delivery). Yay for personal couriers! :D

Before this option presented itself to me, I had calculated that it is still cheaper to use a service like Shipito or PriceUSA than buying locally, but not by much.

Top Bottom