• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
markot said:
240 dollar fines to be introduced for swearing in Victoria
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431879

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

They may as well call it the collingwood tax. Although some of those morons would think $240 to swear at an AFL umpire is worth it

I guess this is how you pay for the big budget blowout of the myki

I guarantee, the police do not agree with this law.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
I've got a feeling it will only end up being used where people are actually swearing directly at police instead of answering their questions and stuff. I'm all for that.

we already have that in NSW. The way the victorian legislation and news articles read, its swearing full stop.

Also LOL LOL

the cops could sit on XBLA and PSN and make a billion dollars each night.

EDIT: What happens when the television swears? and a movie?

markot

Banned
Clipper said:
I've got a feeling it will only end up being used where people are actually swearing directly at police instead of answering their questions and stuff. I'm all for that.
Already is in alot of places. And its stupid. They are cops, not freaking princesses.

Choc

Banned
markot said:
Already is in alot of places. And its stupid. They are cops, not freaking princesses.

I don't agree with this Markot.

it is written into FIFA football laws that if i am sworn directly at, i have the right to send the player from the field with a red card. I usually get a bout of industrial deafness when it happens but every so often i will utilise that right.

If i am allowed to remove players and punish them for swearing at me, then a cop sure as fuck should be able to.

markot

Banned
Choc said:

it is written into FIFA football laws that if i am sworn directly at, i have the right to send the player from the field with a red card. I usually get a bout of industrial deafness when it happens but every so often i will utilise that right.

If i am allowed to remove players and punish them for swearing at me, then a cop sure as fuck should be able to.

Thats different, you choose to sign up and play football, and play by their rules.

Police often just use it as an excuse, usually to arrest young men and put in an extra charge, and over overwhelmingly against Aboriginals. I forget the name, but there is a term in the legal profession for the 'triple charge' that young males are usually hit with. 'Drunk and disorderly, resisting arrest, offensive conduct'

Dead Man

Choc said:

This is not just swearing at cops though. It also removes any possibility of a defence if a cop mis heard you, and removes any semblance of fairness from the process. Swearing laws are stupid, ridiculous, and outdated. Laws to cover aggressive behaviour are one thing, a blanket ban on all swearing is insane.

Waikis

Dead Man said:
This is not just swearing at cops though. It also removes any possibility of a defence if a cop mis heard you, and removes any semblance of fairness from the process. Swearing laws are stupid, ridiculous, and outdated. Laws to cover aggressive behaviour are one thing, a blanket ban on all swearing is insane.

You won't be arrested for simply saying the word "fuck", the court will look at community standards and determine whether such word is offensive within the meaning of the act.The Court has now accepted that "fuck" is commonly used in a normal conversation.

Dead Man

Waikis said:
You won't be arrested for simply saying the word "fuck", the court will look at community standards and determine whether such word is offensive within the meaning of the act.The Court has now accepted that "fuck" is commonly used in a normal conversation.
These will not be going to the court. They will be on the spot fines. Which very rarely get overturned if you contest them.

And if it is NOT going to be used for fuck, then don't make it a swearing law, make it an aggression law.

Choc

Banned
Waikis said:

waikis

not under this new victorian law

Waikis

Dead Man said:
These will not be going to the court. They will be on the spot fines. Which very rarely get overturned if you contest them.

And if it is NOT going to be used for fuck, then don't make it a swearing law, make it an aggression law.

ahhh havent read the article yet

Choc

Banned
in legends abscence

1 Downton Abbey Seven 1,807,000 496,000 529,000 315,000 214,000 252,000

FUCK, 1.8 million?!

Choc

Banned
gaz your sega rally comic is v funny, especially considering i was playing the XBLA variant last night

but

you missed GAME OVER YEAAAAH!!!!!!

Clipper

Gaz, the Super G-Man comic today has brought a tear to my eye. I remember that game very well too. My experience with it was short lived, though. For some reason, my cassette of the game stopped working. I can't remember why and I think it was close enough to when we bought it that I got a refund or replacement with a different game. Unfortunately, I never saw the game again in a store, so haven't been able to play it since the day it decided to die on me.... Perhaps that was a good thing as I was pretty addicted by the game, despite how crappy it was...

Gazunta

Thanks Clipper! Glad you enjoyed. Love seeing comics make a connection like that!

I fired the game up again last week to do the comic and OH GOD DO NOT GO BACK THERE MAN, HOOOOO BOY YIIIIIIKES

jambo

Finally got a chance to watch the F1s, so I can now return to Steam chat and this thread :lol

Work has been pretty crazy the past 2 days. There was a blackout on the weekend and it was so bad that ETSA had diesel generators running all Monday to power the businesses on our block. They fixed it Tuesday morning at about 3am so a few of the servers fell over again this morning.

Oy vey!

jambo

aDDiKt24 said:
Montmartre is the nicest place in Paris hands down. Go there and enjoy the bohemian way of life!

I love the cobblestone streets! So many bakeries, the smell was just amazing. And kids stealing baguettes :lol

Rahk

Got an email alert from Frozen Synapse that Aon challenged me to a game.

Wishing there was an iPhone version with cross platform play right about now.

Kritz, Orbi, x3n05, challenge me to a game and take your turns, then I can take mine all at once!

Aon

Rahk said:
Got an email alert from Frozen Synapse that Aon challenged me to a game.

Kritz, Orbi, x3n05, challenge me to a game and take your turns, then I can take mine all at once!

Yeah, I just played a move against everyone on my list this morning. Figure some games might get done tonight, some might play out more luxuriously over a couple of days :D

Also the game would end the world on an iPad.

jambo

Totally didn't realise you could link your YouTube account to Steam and add videos to your Community profile.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jambo/videos/

Awesome!

Rahk

Aon said:
Yeah, I just played a move against everyone on my list this morning. Figure some games might get done tonight, some might play out more luxuriously over a couple of days :D

iPad killer app.

It would make me consider buying one.

Question for those who have played Alpha Protocol recently (as I know a couple of people here have)

I want to play as a totally suave/sleazy/arrogant prick. Is this going to make things difficult for me?

BanShunsaku said:
Question for those who have played Alpha Protocol recently (as I know a couple of people here have)

I want to play as a totally suave/sleazy/arrogant prick. Is this going to make things difficult for me?
For a second there I thought Jack Scofield had invaded Ausgaf

your avatar if you don't know what I'm referencing

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
BanShunsaku said:

I don't know if that system actually worked well in the game. I guess it all depends on if you want + or - points as you are talking to each person.

For me I always wanted to try and be nice, while I did start off suave I don't think my character ended up being suave at all.

It was more, This character seems to like the middle left responses, Suave I guess. Where as this character doesn't like the middle left but loves the middle right responses.

If you don't care about the + / - points towards each character and just want to be a pure dick, I'm pretty sure that's an option and will take you down a very different path.

Jintor

Aon said:

I'd fucking buy an iPad if I could get Frozen Synapse on the move

AP people, the total dick ending is really funny and good in my opinion

Aon, what server are you on, this sharded bullshit hurts, I hope they can integrate the servers asap

Salazar

When does the Witcher (1) pick up ?

If I light these candles and sort out the beast, am I close to a pick up in the action ?

Arozay

Salazar said:
When does the Witcher (1) pick up ?

If I light these candles and sort out the beast, am I close to a pick up in the action ?
I'd say near the end of Chapter II is when it picks up.

fappenmeister said:
After twelve business days of waiting, The Witcher 2 still hasn't arrived from Ozgameshop.

Got mine this morning :D

Holy crap this is the best packaging for a standard edition game, ever! Comes in a pretty big box with 2 dvd cases with the game, OST, special features, map, two papercraft figurines, a sealed letter and... an oren coin. Not going to touch it until I finish the first game though.

Finally Operation Backlog rules allow me to buy a game, and Portal 2 is out of stock at Ozgameshop, who are not only the cheapest but have a $5 off coupon for purchases over $30. Dammit.

Aon

Jintor said:
I'd fucking buy an iPad if I could get Frozen Synapse on the move

AP people, the total dick ending is really funny and good in my opinion

Aon, what server are you on, this sharded bullshit hurts, I hope they can integrate the servers asap

All the AusGaffers besides yourself are on UK2, since that's the GAF tournament standard. I agree with the sharded servers being shit, especially since it doesn't seem to have stopped the server issues.

Top Bottom