• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

evlcookie said:
I don't really have a good list of parts yet, It's just me dicking about with the idea of an upgrade. So i'm taking the average price of baords, ram etc into my cost.

I always do a huge amount of research before buying a new PC and i'm still trying to be patient with bulldozer. Plus, Playing BF3 at 1920x1200 in high settings at 60fps is one aim i wouldn't mind hitting, So maybe waiting it out a little longer could be a good option.
Yeah bulldozer could be worth waiting for, even if it just means that Intel will have to drop the price of the 2500K.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't think we need to wait until E3 for "outstanding" conferences. AMD has gone going at the moment at computex. Holy fucking shit is it bad.

evlcookie said:
I don't think we need to wait until E3 for "outstanding" conferences. AMD has gone going at the moment at computex. Holy fucking shit is it bad.
The Tegra stuff was pretty cool, AMD are doing pretty bad by the sound of it? Showing off Bulldozer?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
reptilescorpio said:
The Tegra stuff was pretty cool, AMD are doing pretty bad by the sound of it? Showing off Bulldozer?

Didn't even mention it. Shows off llano with the built in GPU, I think they showed off dirt 3 for about 10 seconds and that was it. Then lots of marketing dudes and how they are using fusion for their upcoming netbooks etc.

markot

Banned
Great game. Some of the missions are amazing. And the music/sound effects are really brilliant.

Plus its still damn pretty!

Id love to see Relic do a modern era COH game.

remz

markot said:
Great game. Some of the missions are amazing. And the music/sound effects are really brilliant.

Plus its still damn pretty!

Id love to see Relic do a modern era COH game.
Fuck yeah. That'd be so good. Maybe after the Space Marine game?

Salazar

That said, I was just brutally smashed in a skirmish.

"HOW THE FUCK DO THEY ALREADY HAVE TANKS ???!!!!"

It was very enjoyable when I was wiping the floor with their advance infantry, though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
my typing style is currently very "hunt and peck" and I'm looking to get some touch-typing happening. Any good typing-tutor recommendations?

Choc

Banned
Rez said:
my typing style is currently very "hunt and peck" and I'm looking to get some touch-typing happening. Any good typing-tutor recommendations?

the best way to learn to type is to chat, so come on steam or go on an irc channel or something

its seriously how i did it. Or if you want a program, mavis beacon is very good

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, I'm lightning quick (yo) with my current style, but it just seems silly to me that someone who plays the piano at a relatively serious level hasn't built up the finger dexterity to deal with a keyboard using all his fingers.

and yes, I need to get on the Steam chat more often. I might just do that tonight if I remember.

Fredescu said:
I learned to type quickly by playing MMOs.

yea pretty much the constant use of the fingers for fast talking and consistent conversation is how i learnt. i only really type using 4 fingers on left hand and 2 fingers and thumb on right. little bit weird lol.

Choc

Banned
when i went for a job many moons ago they wanted me to do a typing speed test (no idea why, was nothing to do with typing fast)

result was

191 wpm with 99% accuracy

Rahk

Rez said:
I'm thinking about learning a DVORAK layout, so we might be in the same boat pretty soon.

Choc said:
A fierce debate about sexism in federal politics has erupted after a Liberal senator meowed at Finance Minister Penny Wong during a Senate hearing.
more and more like America every day, and they get paid lots of money to do this?
Penny Wong is NOT meow worthy. Obviously the Liberal senator isn't getting any action at home. Vote Labor.

Rez said:
and yes, I need to get on the Steam chat more often. I might just do that tonight if I remember.
Just leave it up all day. You will be much less productive that way.

Rahk

Choc said:
when i went for a job many moons ago they wanted me to do a typing speed test (no idea why, was nothing to do with typing fast)

result was

Sure that wasn't CPM? ;)

Danoss

Choc said:

result was

You sure? Most professional secretaries aren't/weren't that fast. 140 would be considered a benchmark for them.

Salazar

Bt85b.jpg

"IT'S just a little thing that I do."

That's how Julie Bishop explained the cat-like gesture she made to Julia Gillard on Monday that attracted so much attention.

I am a little turned on.

Choc

Banned
Danoss said:
You sure? Most professional secretaries aren't/weren't that fast. 140 would be considered a benchmark for them.

thats what they told me

i agree dan, it seemed awfully high.

jambo

Choc said:

result was

Uhh... the world record is something like 215 so I somehow doubt that. Most advanced typists hit about 100-120.

Danoss said:

Testing on our secretary now......

42wpm 95% accuracy

employee standard terrible? she does spend all day on the phone talking with friends.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Megadrive said:
As soon as I thought the c++ was getting hard, they throw lua at us. Someone hold me. :(
what topics are you guys covering at the moment?

Choc said:
A fierce debate about sexism in federal politics has erupted after a Liberal senator meowed at Finance Minister Penny Wong during a Senate hearing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/wong-hits-back-at-catcall-20110601-1ffyg.html#ixzz1O0Gnyq9O

more and more like America every day, and they get paid lots of money to do this?

A spokeswoman for Senator Bushby reportedly accused Senator Wong of being overly sensitive and using her gender to hide her overreaction to a simple request.
However, the senator later told news.com.au that he had not intended to attack Senator Wong because she was a woman.

"Her reaction to the issue of the secretary's appearance was like that of an angry cat. It could have been a male or female cat," he said.

"So I thought she was like an angry cat, the way they sometimes strike out. I like cats."

What dickbrains.

reptilescorpio said:
Penny Wong is NOT meow worthy

What does this mean?

Choc

Banned
I just did a test and got 104

sounds better to me. Like i said, i don't think their system was great, but thats what it told me

Rahk

Shaneus said:
I've always had Billion modems/routers and always been happy with them. In particular, I have a 7300N which is working a treat!

Actually, Rahk... I have a Billion here that I don't use at all anymore that has VOIP. 7401VGP. Let me know if you might be interested!
Hmm, I think I'll just get the 7401VGPR3. It has a newer chipset and OS, plus I should get one with Annex M since it's available.

Thanks anyway!

roosters93 said:
What does this mean?
I don't think she is hot.
As in it is entirely the wrong time and place to meow at someone. Even more so since you are supposed to be professional in there.
Marshmellow said:
Testing on our secretary now......
42wpm 95% accuracy
employee standard terrible? she does spend all day on the phone talking with friends.
Is she hot? If so employee standards are fine

Rahk

Choc said:
I just did a test and got 104

sounds better to me. Like i said, i don't think their system was great, but thats what it told me
Maybe it counted words under 5 characters as a single word or something.

87 wpm

reptilescorpio said:
I don't think she is hot.
As in it is entirely the wrong time and place to meow at someone. Even more so since you are supposed to be professional in there.

Is she hot? If so employee standards are fine

I though he was using it more to mean she was being catty. Especially since he's married. And would you still wolf whistle/whatever at someone you knew was gay?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/01/3233007.htm?section=justin
r776476_6648307.jpg

Heard this on Hack just now. Christian Lobby certainly don't do themselves any favours. I agree the ad shouldn't be on be on bus shelters but I can apply that to most advertising. The problem is that the ad was pulled because it was a gay ad. It isn't sexualised. If this ad can get pulled then the majority of condom ads I have ever seen should have been pulled. Not to mention all the regular advertising that is highly sexualised in order to sell the product.

roosters93 said:
I though he was using it more to mean she was being catty. Especially since he's married. And would you still wolf whistle/whatever at someone you knew was gay?
He was indeed, he even said that. I was just making a joke. People who whistle at women tend to do it because they find the person attractive.

Megadrive said:
I will do this tonight. I remember as a tyke (year 8 or 9) I could do around 80. that was more than 6 years ago now though.

Your speed: 82 wpm
Time: 0:41
Accuracy: 94%

according to typeracer. Did it twice, got 41secs both times with different passages. I just got home and it's freezing, so I may give it another go later and average it out.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Maybe the more things the ACL fuck around with that's not the R18+ people might start actually seeing them for the dim witted fucks they are.

VOOK said:
Maybe the more things the ACL fuck around with that's not the R18+ people might start actually seeing them for the dim witted fucks they are.
I agree with their intent most of the time but they are just too far out there. When the woman said that because the ad had the word sex (in small font next to the word safe) and a condom it was automatically sexualised I smacked my head. So much for promoting safe sex. They aren't interested in baby steps, they just want it their way 100%. Thankfully most Christians I know distance themselves from them.

Salazar

VOOK said:

If only they needed community support in order to persist and function as a lobby.

Napoleon Total War is pretty good. It hasn't made me dislike it. Looks excellent. Runs great. Minimum of bullshit.

It's no Company of Heroes, but it was a good $15 pickup.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you guys, Minerva's Den for PC is out. Hoo-freaking-ray!

Salazar

Holy shit.

Just got mercilessly crunched by some Austrians.

I guess this happens to most people every so often in Total War games.

Top Bottom