• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Salazar

I thought I would somehow punch through their left and then scissor back and melee from behind, driving them toward my cannons.

None of that happened.

Sutton Dagger said:
Good. I'm ashamed that Australia is letting religious practices/morality dictate secular law, I thought we had moved passed institutionalised discrimination.

I await a brain-breakingly stupid editorial from Barnaby Joyce, criticising the advert as an infringement of - simultaneously - Australia's Judaeo-Christian heritage and Enlightenment principles.

Jintor

Your speed:

100 wpm
Time:

0:23
Accuracy:

97.4%

Dicks, I was up to 114 with 100% accuracy at one point and then my fingers betrayed me

Rez said:
what topics are you guys covering at the moment?
Sorry rez, didnt notice this before.

We're using lua in tandem with Gamebryo's "Toolbench" application, which is sort of a WYSIWYG editor, very similar to Unity's. It uses lua to interface with the Gamebryo engine. We're using it for rapid prototyping. We thought up this game last week (3d roguelike) and they're expecting a completed 1st stage prototype by Friday night where we'll have to present.

Basically you create a model (its like uml), which is just an object, then drag some other properties it should inherit from (ie: Actor for animation, Mesh for a static mesh etc) and, depending on what we need, implement "behaviours" which are the lua scripts, which trigger based on certain actions we define.

So we could have in our actionfile, the space key to trigger the lua script (all scripts are global, beh) "MoveForward". This script fires and modifies the model it's attached to. And so on.

Pretty sure Oblivion was created in much this way.

MrSerrels

VOOK said:
Maybe the more things the ACL fuck around with that's not the R18+ people might start actually seeing them for the dim witted fucks they are.

The Jim Wallace Twitter incident has seriously damaged their credibility.

Danoss

Just finished reading A Game of Thrones, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Though it does have its own contained story, it appears that it is a big setup for what is to come.

EB expo tickets on sale soon. Is anyone coming along?
If anyone is keen to organize a meetup and accommodation etc i will be driving down with a couple of mates.

Fredescu

Found a case for your new build cookie:

lian-li-2011-06-01-0.jpg

jambo

I just got an email from Gearbox about the First Access Club for Duke Nukem Forever. We all get a free DLC MP pack :D

Bernbaum

Tickets for the EB expo go on sale about now.

I'm sure it'll be a great day for a lot of gamers, but it really doesn't look like my kind of thing. Highly commercial; big focus on AAA console games; manboobs guaranteed; over-inflated cost of entry; and convened by the standard-bearer of retail mediocrity.

I'll probably go, but I'll wear my extra-hipster hipster glasses just so everyone knows how much I don't want to be there.

Choc

Banned
isnt the ps store supposed to be up by now

uh

are the tickets not on sale yet or is it sold out already?!

answer:

EBGamesAus EB Games Australia
#EBAUEBX11 Bit of a technical difficulty with online Expo Tix. Stay tuned to FB and Twitter we'll keep you updated once tixs are available.

couldnt organise a piss up in a pub let alone a major event like this.

gg eb

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Bernbaum said:
Tickets for the EB expo go on sale about now.

I'm sure it'll be a great day for a lot of gamers, but it really doesn't look like my kind of thing. Highly commercial; big focus on AAA console games; manboobs guaranteed; over-inflated cost of entry; and convened by the standard-bearer of retail mediocrity.

I'll probably go, but I'll wear my extra-hipster hipster glasses just so everyone knows how much I don't want to be there.

Of course then you could cover it for dear old Vooky? :)

Choc

Banned
CHANNEL 9 has reignited the Sydney versus Melbourne feud, promoting national program A Current Affair by trashing Sydney as out of touch with the rest of the country.

Nine this week launched a "made in Melbourne" campaign for ACA, claiming it as a Victorian show, despite executive producer Grant Williams and senior staff working out of the network's Willoughby head office, its base since 1971.

Down south the ad declares ACA to be a Melbourne program and says "the other 6.30pm shows all come out of Sydney - so how can they possibly understand the issues affecting us?"

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...mo/story-e6frfmyi-1226067578736#ixzz1O56GTakE

LOL

Channel 9 obviously not realising that people in Melbourne talk to people in Sydney and this was always going to be known up here

jambo

2K, Activision, Bethesda, Bluemouth, Capcom, Codemasters, Disney Interactive Studios, Electronic Arts, Incomm, Konami, Logitech, Mindscape, Namco Bandai Partners, Parrot AR.Drone, Plantronics, Pop Cap, QVS, Razer, Sega, Square Enix, THQ, Turtle Beach and Ubisoft

That's a pretty good line up tbh, fuck it I'm gonna ask my travel agent housemates to look up flight and accommodation details!

Gazunta said:
Edit: Would it kill people to center text inside speech bubbles

I've got a feeling the comic wasn't originally in English.

jambo

Why does Club Nintendo Australia have to be so shit? I have 3200 stars and there is literally nothing worth getting. Towels Nintendow, towels? REALLY?!

viciouskillersquirrel said:
What I never got about comics was the tendency of the people writing them to bold random words even though it makes no sense, even if you use the bold as emphasis.
What do you mean? I have no issue with it.

Just found out i may be down in Sydney 15/16/17 june for work training.

Anyone like to meet me for a drink and show me around the city? (never been before)

hamchan

Choc said:
CHANNEL 9 has reignited the Sydney versus Melbourne feud, promoting national program A Current Affair by trashing Sydney as out of touch with the rest of the country.

Nine this week launched a "made in Melbourne" campaign for ACA, claiming it as a Victorian show, despite executive producer Grant Williams and senior staff working out of the network's Willoughby head office, its base since 1971.

Down south the ad declares ACA to be a Melbourne program and says "the other 6.30pm shows all come out of Sydney - so how can they possibly understand the issues affecting us?"

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...mo/story-e6frfmyi-1226067578736#ixzz1O56GTakE

LOL

Channel 9 obviously not realising that people in Melbourne talk to people in Sydney and this was always going to be known up here
Why would they do this WTF? Channel 9 is the worst channel and ACA is the worst show ever.

Bernbaum

VOOK said:
Of course then you could cover it for dear old Vooky? :)
Wouldn’t even need to go to provide accurate coverage of the event:

- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 trailer is shown. Once again you can pull right trigger to make a terrorist be dead; you play as a character that dies; and shit gets ‘real’.
- A bunch of already-seen media rehashed from E3 is re-shown.
- Nintendo shows literally nothing new.
- A neckbearded early 20-something man with a bustline a lactating wet nurse would be proud of shows up wearing a ‘The Cake is a Lie’ t-shirt and has an exponentially more fun than me despite remaining oblivious to his cultural irrelevance.
- I sit in line for a game longer than I get to play it and enjoy it less than the round of Ticket to Ride I played on my iPad whilst waiting.
- Washed up ex-Indy girls line working as booth babes line the exhibition hall and smile awkwardly all day.
- I pay $8.50 for a hotdog that takes all of 20 minutes to take an adventure through my digestive tract. I spend more time on the dunny than I did digesting it.
- Some loser who paid $100 for a VIP pass acts all smug for the entire day but goes back to his shitty life on Monday whilst I go back to being awesome.
- I finally get more than half a dozen 3DS streetpass hits, but as it is now October, I have finally lost interest in Streetpass.

-Bernie Bernbaum

Vooks.net

Bernbaum said:
- I sit in line for a game longer than I get to play it and enjoy it less than the round of Ticket to Ride I played on my iPad whilst waiting.

I bought the iPad version for my girlfriend the other day, which has essentially ended any chance of me ever using my iPad again.

Also, she is learning some gaming lingo as a result. I heard her yell "fucking ragequitters!" from the other room last night.

Gazunta

I have a feeling any spare moment I have during October will be spent preparing for Supanovember.

Speaking of which, I did a comic about Shinobi during my lunch break. Feels good man etc. Screw this 'taking time to unwind' crap

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:
Wouldn’t even need to go to provide accurate coverage of the event:

- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 trailer is shown. Once again you can pull right trigger to make a terrorist be dead; you play as a character that dies; and shit gets ‘real’.
- A bunch of already-seen media rehashed from E3 is re-shown.
- Nintendo shows literally nothing new.
- A neckbearded early 20-something man with a bustline a lactating wet nurse would be proud of shows up wearing a ‘The Cake is a Lie’ t-shirt and has an exponentially more fun than me despite remaining oblivious to his cultural irrelevance.
- Washed up ex-Indy girls line working as booth babes line the exhibition hall and smile awkwardly all day.
- I pay $8.50 for a hotdog that takes all of 20 minutes to take an adventure through my digestive tract. I spend more time on the dunny than I did digesting it.
- Some loser who paid $100 for a VIP pass acts all smug for the entire day but goes back to his shitty life on Monday whilst I go back to being awesome.
- I finally get more than half a dozen 3DS streetpass hits, but as it is now October, I have finally lost interest in Streetpass.

-Bernie Bernbaum

Vooks.net

Bern you clearly clearly missed my post yesterday which said 'ausgaf i can confirm that ebexpo will have Project Cafe units to play. I can't tell you how i know but i know'

therefore, it might be worth going :p

edit:

i will be there :|

Clipper

BanShunsaku said:
How much are the tickets? I'm assuming they will be at least $20 more expensive than similar Expos.
$30 per session (with three sessions, two on Saturday and one on sunday). There's also VIP passes for $100 per session that let you jump queues and stuff.

BanShunsaku said:
How much are the tickets? I'm assuming they will be at least $20 more expensive than similar Expos.
3 Day Passes are only $30 when you trade in any 3 weekend passes from other Game Expos*

*please check exclusion list for details

MrSerrels

This is hilarious - Aussies still don't have Kinect voice control.

I did a little bit of digging. The company that did the Kinect voice testing and implementation finished their work in November 2010! That's seven months ago!

r1chard

Anyone here into comics and graphic novels? Book Depository has a 10% off sale and I wanna get some new stuff.

So, anyone read anything recently they can recommend?

Previously I've read Sandman, Crossed, Preacher, Fables, Powers, Stormwatch, The Authority, Transmet, I Kill Giants, Battle Angel Alita, 100 bullets, Top Ten, Bone, Freakangels, Y: The Last Man, Doktor Sleepless, ... and geez, more stuff I can't remember :)

Top Bottom