• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
MrSerrels said:
This is hilarious - Aussies still don't have Kinect voice control.

I did a little bit of digging. The company that did the Kinect voice testing and implementation finished their work in November 2010! That's seven months ago!

That almost sounds Nintendo like!

Cafe at EB Expo.. well if I haven't played it before then I might come up there :p

Planet_JASE said:
3 Day Passes are only $30 when you trade in any 3 weekend passes from other Game Expos*

I'm picturing an Expo where there are about 2 staff members working and about 1000 people needing assistance, whilst the rest of the staff hang around in the store room out back playing generic shooter #243 and flirting with the cute but slightly rubenesque female staff member with fluoro hair and piercings.

Fredescu

*blows tune softly on Chocarina*

THOSE FUCKING CUNTS. UNBELIEVABLE.

Oh genie of Choc, will you grant me three wishes?

FUCKING GENY Y ENTITLEMENT COMPLEX. FUCK.

VOOK

MrSerrels said:
Chocarina of Time.

Bahaha!

Hmmm wonder if there's a story out of Choc's Cafe EB revelations, might not be trust worthy enough ;)

MrSerrels

VOOK said:
Bahaha!

Hmmm wonder if there's a story out of Choc's Cafe EB revelations, might not be trust worthy enough ;)

I'm trying to chase it up! EB are giving me the blank stare of no confirmation!

Jintor - digging lesson one, spin Choc's posts into news stories!

I hope they reveal the proper name for Project Cafe at E3. Calling it Cafe just seems a little bit weird to me. Of course, I'll be there on day one
-thousand or so, or when Zelda Cafe releases, whichever comes first. I've sort of gone off consoles.

Buying a 3DS on launch day has pretty much put me off buying anything Nintendo on launch from now on. That thing has been sitting in it's cradle collecting dust since about launch day +3.

Shaneus

I think I've only ever bought one of my consoles day one... the 360. Didn't regret it either, as I still have my faux-carbon fibre PGR3 faceplate sitting on it. Looks badass. Almost everything else I've been a significantly late adopter on (except the original Xbox, which I got as soon as a Halo bundle came out for it).

Bernbaum

MrSerrels said:

I'm always surprised/horrified when Choc posts something like:

hey sererlsl herpy derpy derpy derpy post a stories about it

And then I load up au.kotaku and you've gone and written a decently-composed story about it.

Choc, I tip my hat to you for being a good sport and would probably buy you a beer at EBExpo

VOOK

BanShunsaku said:
Buying a 3DS on launch day has pretty much put me off buying anything Nintendo on launch from now on. That thing has been sitting in it's cradle collecting dust since about launch day +3.

Pilotwings Resort, Dead or Alive? No?

The question is who will have a story up first, me or Serrels about it?

I still use it every day, but I do it to play DS games. I beat Lego Star Wars III, but only because I felt I should. I needed to replace my DSi anyway, so it worked out for me, but yeah, launch window has been weak.

When does Ocarina release, anyway?

jambo

That reminds me, got another StreetPass last night. Only 6 so far, I think I need to take mine to EB and JB more often.

jambo said:
That reminds me, got another StreetPass last night. Only 6 so far, I think I need to take mine to EB and JB more often.
Got about 30 so far myself. Taking walks through the CBD at lunchtime does rack up the numbers. Also, if you spot a big group of Asian kids just hanging out, just walk in their general direction without being racist or stereotypical about it.

@VOOK: Maybe he doesn't like Pilotwings or DoA. That's why I didn't buy them.

VOOK

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Got about 30 so far myself. Taking walks through the CBD at lunchtime does rack up the numbers. Also, if you spot a big group of Asian kids just hanging out, just walk in their general direction without being racist or stereotypical about it.

@VOOK: Maybe he doesn't like Pilotwings or DoA. That's why I didn't buy them.

Blasphemous!

Kritz

Banned
I think the 3DS has more or less convinced me to never buy a handheld ever again. I just simply don't enjoy playing portable games. I mean, the 3DS was a decent SSFIV machine, but otherwise I don't have any attraction to any other title in the current collection. Which is more than I can say for the PSP.

I'll probably still buy each of the consoles day one. Maybe.

It's hard to justify when my PC gives me all the games I care about, give or take a Red Dead Redemption or LA Noire.

I'm sure there are some good games for the 3DS out there, I just haven't really bothered looking.

Its my own fault, I think I actually posted some livejournal bullshit in here about not getting sucked into the hype machine and day 1 thing and then I went and did it anyway.

My situation has changed now and I can't afford to spend as much on games so that probably has a lot to do with my lack of 3DS use. That and the fact that I am trying to read more, and play more boardgames, which are much cheaper generally than video games.

Dead Man

Baillieu government in fine form:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/02/3233202.htm
The Victorian Government has cast the rules of Parliament aside to reintroduce a bill that will allow faith-based groups to discriminate on grounds such as religion, marital status or gender.

In a historic move, the Government used its numbers to suspend the rules of Parliament and conduct a second vote on the Equal Opportunity Amendment Bill, which was defeated last week.

The controversial amendment was defeated last week when Community Services Minister Mary Wooldridge missed the vote.

Labor tried to prevent the second vote, saying it was an unprecedented move.

But the bill passed the Lower House 43 votes to 42, following 18 speakers and almost three-and-a-half hours of debate. The bill will proceed to the Upper House, where the Government also has a slim majority.

A bitter debate ensued in the Lower House, with Premier Ted Baillieu labelled Jeff Kennett's "Mini-me" and Attorney-General Robert Clark accused of being homophobic.

Deputy Opposition Leader Rob Hulls said Ms Wooldridge deliberately missed the vote last week on what is a "rotten" bill.

"It was a deliberate meeting with members of her department," he said.

"This cock and bull about 'it was an accident - accidentally didn't front, accidentally didn't turn up' is absolute nonsense."

Mr Hulls said the Government's move to have a second vote on a bill that had already been voted down by the Parliament was an abomination.

"It is a corruption of the democratic process in this state," he said.

Mr Hulls urged Liberal Speaker Ken Smith to seek advice from the Solicitor-General about whether the bill would stand up to legal challenge once it becomes law.

But Attorney-General Robert Clark said the initial defeat of the bill did not reflect the will of the Parliament.

He said the Lower House was justified in looking to Federal Parliament rules, which allow for a bill to be voted on again if an MP accidentally misses a vote.
Regardless of the merits of the legislation (which are vile enough), it seems a pretty shady precedent to set.

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:

EB probably don't know what Nintendo are bringing yet. Nintendo has purchased area at the show however.

So nintendo probably just told we'll be there we want this area

But, cafe will be there!

edit

its pieces like this that make me rate serrels in the top 3 gaming journalists in the world

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/wh...inect-voice-control-in-australia/#more-448746

you know why? because its investigative fucking journalism, and its brilliant to read

So many game sites are just reviews and shit, this is proper investigative stuff :)

With this in mind, im surprised you don't like ye old la noire serrels!

jambo

I was thinking of getting LBP and WipeOut, but someone kept telling me to get InFamous so I dunno.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Yay!

How do I get my password reset, again?

PM me your user details

EDIT:
Clipper said:
No you won't. Free games are still coming 'soon'.

Aww =[

Kritz

Banned
GaDCTl.jpg

Fuck yeah.

VOOK

Choc said:
EB probably don't know what Nintendo are bringing yet. Nintendo has purchased area at the show however.

So nintendo probably just told we'll be there we want this area

But, cafe will be there!

Or it could just be for Zelda and the the Nintendo 3DS ;)

Rahk

r1chard said:
Anyone here into comics and graphic novels? Book Depository has a 10% off sale and I wanna get some new stuff.

So, anyone read anything recently they can recommend?

Previously I've read Sandman, Crossed, Preacher, Fables, Powers, Stormwatch, The Authority, Transmet, I Kill Giants, Battle Angel Alita, 100 bullets, Top Ten, Bone, Freakangels, Y: The Last Man, Doktor Sleepless, ... and geez, more stuff I can't remember :)
The Walking Dead? Scott Pilgrim?

Aon

Transmetropolitan is a really good cyberpunk series. Lots more punk than your average cyberpunk setting.

d4533

If you haven't already read them:
- The Dark Knight Returns
- Preacher
- Watchmen
- V For Vendetta
- The Killing Joke

All good reads

r1chard

Rahk said:
The Walking Dead? Scott Pilgrim?
I watched the first couple of eps of the Walking Dead TV series. Not enthralling stuff. Should I give the books a go anyway?

Scott Pilgrim movie was awesomesauce. I should give the books a try, yeah :)

Aon said:
Transmetropolitan is a really good cyberpunk series. Lots more punk than your average cyberpunk setting.
Yep, abbreviated to Transmet in my list. Awesome series. Got the Spider Jerusalem (and cat) figurine at home :)

d4533 said:
If you haven't already read them:
- The Dark Knight Returns
- Preacher
- Watchmen
- V For Vendetta
- The Killing Joke
Yep, have read all of them except The Killing Joke. It's on the list, thanks :)

Top Bottom