• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Managed to keep myself in the dark since Sunday over who won the UCL final, managed to watch it tonight. Great win by
that team that won
with some great goals from
the players

Also finished Enslaved, which I started playing Sunday afternoon. Probably about as long as it needed to be. It was hardly innovative, but a good solid game which achieved exactly what it set out to achieve. A crime such a polished and enjoyable game sold so poorly. The stupid
Matrix
ending was stupid, though.

hamchan said:
I just youtubed the ending of Enslaved after realizing I will never play it and wow, that's a pretty bad ending lol.
The funny thing is, I thought the characters and relationships were well plotted and fleshed out. A bit cliched, sure, but solid nonetheless.

The ending was just terrible.

legend166

Apart from being completely packed during peak hour, the London Underground is amazing. This is public transport done right.

People who have lived in London for ages will probably tell me how crazy I am for thinking that.

Why don't we have an Oyster Card system here?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
Apart from being completely packed during peak hour, the London Underground is amazing. This is public transport done right.

People who have lived in London for ages will probably tell me how crazy I am for thinking that.

We also don't have gypsies!

have you seen any gypsies yet? be weary.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
We have the oyster card here in melboune, it's called a myki. Although we sorta had it anyway with metcard, since it was a single card that allowed you to travel on any type of transportation but you can't charge it.

NSW is totally fucked when it comes to public transport, That's for sure.

Good to see scamcom has removed the drm for SSF4 on PC, It's a start.

Cookie, Oyster (and Hong Kong's Octopus) did a far better job than Myki could ever hope to, years before Myki was thought up. What a disaster Myki has been.

Also
PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

codswallop said:
Cookie, Oyster (and Hong Kong's Octopus) did a far better job than Myki could ever hope to, years before Myki was thought up. What a disaster Myki has been.

Also
PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif
It was my birthday on Wednesday.

NONE OF YOU GUYS REMEMBERED ;_;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODSWALLOP!

viciouskillersquirrel said:
It was my birthday on Wednesday.

NONE OF YOU GUYS REMEMBERED ;_;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODSWALLOP!
Uhh... I totally did remember. That's why I posted the picture!

Happy belated birthday VKS!

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:

And my I present to you ausgaf, the new choc. I've been saying this for ages.

Sydney needs to call up London. Pay a few billion to licence Oyster, and fucking get it going. It's not HARD

but no, the fucking morons want to justify their fucking jobs by designing a system from scratch. Governments are the most inefficient fucking businesses in the world. They would go broke in 5 seconds flat if it wasn't for us.

This is EXACTLY why Sydneys transport is shit. because londons is so good. its not until you experience european transport that you realise just how fucking shit our public transport systems are

Choc said:
Sydney needs to call up London. Pay a few billion to licence Oyster, and fucking get it going. It's not HARD
It must be, because Melbourne totally fucked it up. Completely and utterly. I tell everyone who will listen (and people who won't) that Oyster is fantastic, especially compared to Myki. I seem to remember Oyster having a significant discount to use it (an example on their literature at the time was a £5 trip using the old way would cost £1.40 using Oyster).

With Myki? It costs maybe $0.10 less. Or $0.20 more. Depends on where you are and where you're going. Plus Myki requires you to physically touch the card on the reader, whereas Oyster (and Octopus, and Paris' system) will work with a card in a purse in a handbag. What a waste of taxpayer's money.

Oh, and The Witcher 2 is coming to 360 this year. Comfy couch brigade for the... uhh win?

Choc

Banned
Cod sydney fucked it up first, we've tried 3 times to do it. At least you guys got a card in the end as shit as myki is

fred

http://www.smh.com.au/business/bank-boss-questions-gearing-20110602-1fit2.html

negative gearing in the crosshairs of ANZ economist again

yes oyster was about half the price of the regular fare. Also, when using oyster and you hit the daily cap of 8 pounds, it doesn't charge you again until the next day no matter what you use, its awesome.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh yea i know myki sucks compared to oyster but it's out shitty version of it.

Happy birthday!

It's no surprise TW2 was coming to consoles, although 360 only for now by the sounds of it?

40 mins till extreeeeemeee

evlcookie said:
It's no surprise TW2 was coming to consoles, although 360 only for now by the sounds of it?

40 mins till extreeeeemeee
They hinted at a PS3 version in the past so there might be another announcement at e3. Maybe Sony are getting them up on stage for it, so they let out the 360 trailer already.

Fiancée pulled her neck getting out of bed so I have to stay home from work and look after her and the kid. My textbook for my exam in a week and a half turned up at work today. fml.

What are the chances of the
MGS Collection coming to Aus?

(Not sure if thats even a spoiler but just in case people want to find out themselves from the Konami Conference.)

Gazunta

Can't believe they didn't include
MGS 1
. PASS :(

The other night I realised I have bought 18 versions of Street Fighter. And SSF4 AE comes out next week or whatever...ah well.

(And yes I know that these two sentences don't compute together)

Gazunta said:
Can't believe they didn't include
MGS 1
. PASS :(

The other night I realised I have bought 18 versions of Street Fighter. And SSF4 AE comes out next week or whatever...ah well.

(And yes I know that these two sentences don't compute together)
Same with Silent Hill.
Must be Sony blocking the release of the PSOne games since they are up on PSN store

Maybe this horrendous idea of pre-recording the conference is so they could slip in a heap of hints for us to agonise over? A lot of things don't add up. The idea of other sites streaming something that isn't live is quite funny to me. I checked out the Giant Bomb stream and remembered why they aren't for me.

Choc

Banned
apparently the DNF first access demo is imminent

should be up around usual time XBL updates tonight, 7pmish

Guys, I've made an iCal Calendar you can subscribe to for E3 times and dates (if you use Google Calendar, or Outlook, or Thunderbird [well, Sunbird], iCalendar, etc -- just about anything can use an iCal). It automatically figures out your timezone so you'll see the schedules in your timezone without having to use your brain at all:
https://www.google.com/calendar/ica...2c@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Or you can look at an HTML version; I think it only computes timezones if you're signed into Google though -- use the iCal if you can.
https://www.google.com/calendar/emb...roup.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney

Agyar

codswallop said:
Guys, I've made an iCal Calendar you can subscribe to for E3 times and dates (if you use Google Calendar, or Outlook, or Thunderbird [well, Sunbird], iCalendar, etc -- just about anything can use an iCal). It automatically figures out your timezone so you'll see the schedules in your timezone without having to use your brain at all:
https://www.google.com/calendar/ica...2c@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Or you can look at an HTML version; I think it only computes timezones if you're signed into Google though -- use the iCal if you can.
https://www.google.com/calendar/emb...roup.calendar.google.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney

This is handy, thanks!

Shaneus

We should start a Tinychat AusGAF thing just for the E3 presentations... just to see all these stupid nerds who can't sleep because they're such nerds. I'll probably be awake for the MS one :(

Fake edit: Holy shit, that calendar was automatically imported into my Lotus Notes thingy at work. Boss.

2am Tuesday for me... the others I really couldn't give less of a shit about. Actually, Sony I'm keen on watching as well, if only for what they'll say about the PSN fiasco. And I guess Ninty as well for the Project Cafe stuff.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'm doing a live blog thingo for the Nintendo one, it's always good for a laugh.

I get way too excited ._.

I've put some other conferences later in the year in the calendar too. If there are more calendars/interesting gaming dates/events that you guys know of, I'm happy to add them to the calendar.

Shaneus

I think the threads on NeoGAF will provide liveblogging hilarity if past years are anything to go by, too. Exclusives becoming multiplatform are my favourites.

Stackboy

Hey Serrels, a good friend of mine worked on LA Noire as a short term contractor. I'm sure he would like to speak his mind. PM me if you are keen.

Dead Man

Yeah, I've been on the Oyster bandwagon for a couple years now, shit just works. The public transport in London is pretty expensive if you live further out and need to get into the city, but I would pay it happily for the system they have.

Omi said:
Dunno if there are any military / air force buffs in here, but this is insane either way.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=68f_1306880662

That's one fucking low flying aircraft.
*raises hand*

Holy shit, that is fucking low!

Choc

Banned
gearbox better have arranged a simultaneous release on ps3 360 and PC or shit is going to hit the fan in that thread

Top Bottom