• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kritz

Banned
Next lecture I'mma jump in her thread and tell her to get back to the lecture.

... Do girls like being stalked?

Deeku

shanshan310 said:
ha ha. I feel like I should leave again so you guys can go back to doing whatever it is you do when girls aren't around...
Nah, I think you'll find that ausgaf consists mostly of old married dudes who are mature enough to deal with it.

She quoted me!!!! ME!!!!!! Does that mean she likes me?? OH shit what do I do now? What are my chances????!

Kritz said:
Next lecture I'mma jump in her thread and tell her to get back to the lecture.

... Do girls like being stalked?
You know what, that would actually be really funny. Do it.

jambo

Definitely stay shan

commanderdeek said:
She quoted me!!!! ME!!!!!! Does that mean she likes me?? OH shit what do I do now? What are my chances????!

Get in your car and honk your horn, chicks love that!

Mar

VOOK said:
Well might as well tell everyone, I've lost 80 kilos in two years as of this week.

Congrats man.

Your soda drinking sounds very much like what I used to be like. I used to go through 2 or 3 litres of Pepsi Max or Diet Coke a day. When I dropped that and added a small amount of exercise, I lost most of my weight. I don't think people realise how bad that shit is for you, and drink it like water. If everyone swapped soda for water you'd see the national obesity problems literally wash away.

Last time I weighed myself (a few months ago) I was 99kgs, but I think I've probably put on a bit since then. My gym routine has changed from staying toned to actually attempting to gain muscle. I'm a tall guy and happy with my build.

Fredescu said:
Step 1. Find out their Reddit profile name
Step 2. <pending>

Hah. Guys, while you talk about your awkward stalking of girls, remember there are girls who read this thread too. Just sayin'.

jambo

I normally have a can or two every day, but then some weeks I'll have nothing but water and juice.

2-3 litres a day of pepsi though ._.

Is it true that Australia is the fattest nation in the world now ? :(

I don't really drink that much soft drink. I imagine they add a lot of sugar to juice though..

jambo

I think per capita we are in the lead for adults and children.

Haven't really heard heaps about it of late.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
obligatory did you do it via wii fit nintendo fanboy reference :)

no well done mate :)

Nope, Wii Fit has a 150kg weight limit and for the early part of this process didn't work with me at all. I don't need it now, prefer to ride my bike 10ks at a time.

FreeFallin' said:
Congrats Vook! Suppose you've been enjoying how refreshing water can be. Infinitely better than a glass of pepsi max.

Yep, drink it all the time now, never did really before :/

legend166 said:
Vook, you lost exactly one legend166.

That's seriously impressive. Good on you for doing it.

Thanks dude.

shanshan310 said:
ha ha. I feel like I should leave again so you guys can go back to doing whatever it is you do when girls aren't around...

Err why? Don't let them stop you from posting in here.

Mar said:
Your soda drinking sounds very much like what I used to be like. I used to go through 2 or 3 litres of Pepsi Max or Diet Coke a day. When I dropped that and added a small amount of exercise, I lost most of my weight. I don't think people realise how bad that shit is for you, and drink it like water. If everyone swapped soda for water you'd see the national obesity problems literally wash away.

Last time I weighed myself (a few months ago) I was 99kgs, but I think I've probably put on a bit since then. My gym routine has changed from staying toned to actually attempting to gain muscle. I'm a tall guy and happy with my build.

That's my next step, my arms are so tiny now >_>

jambo said:
Get in your car and honk your horn, chicks love that!

Don't forget to wolf whistle!

shanshan310 said:
Is it true that Australia is the fattest nation in the world now ? :(

I don't really drink that much soft drink. I imagine they add a lot of sugar to juice though..

Yep and yep. There's probably some good juice out there with zero added sugar n stuff but I've never had any like that.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
What's stupid about that campaign? Makes sense, going cold turkey most often doesn't work.

not necessarily the message, but the way its being done.

its like a parody of itself

also, why do people eat fatty food? its cheaper. significantly.

it is bloody expensive to buy healthy food, that is half the problem and the government could do something good by somehow evening up the odds. I don't know how, but that i think its the biggest issue.

jambo

A parody of itself? I'm not seeing it.

Do you mean the animation style, or something else?

EDIT: Cheaper? I don't think it's that at all.

I think it's because it's much easier to get fast food and most people are lazy. I'd wager you'd save tonnes of cash if you bought meat, veggies and fruit in bulk and then made meals during the week compared to getting fast food all the time. And snacking on stuff like carrots and dip is way cheaper than chocolate and crisps.

Choc said:
is it any wonder when we have stupid government ideas such as BE A SWAPPER NOT A STOPPER

yeeah I don't see those ads as being very effective.. You tell people to get off the couch and go for a walk like the balloon man in the picture, I doubt it will be enough to change anyones habits.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:

I think it's because it's much easier to get fast food. I'd wager you'd save tonnes of cash if you bought veggies and fruit in bulk and then made meals during the week compared to getting fast food all the time.

Using overweight plasticine dolls to sell the message isn't the right one. Use humans who have successfully done this and do before and afters.

It works for jenny craig et al

jambo

There's only so much the govt can do imo, in the end it falls at the feet of the fatties to do something about their health issues.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:

I think it's because it's much easier to get fast food and most people are lazy. I'd wager you'd save tonnes of cash if you bought meat, veggies and fruit in bulk and then made meals during the week compared to getting fast food all the time. And snacking on stuff like carrots and dip is way cheaper than chocolate and crisps.

No argument. I think what i am talking about is the lunch time rush. So you could pay $5 and get maccas or you could pay $12-15 and get a very nice healthy fast food lunch

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
Hah. Guys, while you talk about your awkward stalking of girls, remember there are girls who read this thread too. Just sayin'.

Doesn't that mean if they are reading this thread that it will increase my chances of hooking up? Since they can see how desperate great i am?

jambo

Choc said:
No argument. I think what i am talking about is the lunch time rush. So you could pay $5 and get maccas or you could pay $12-15 and get a very nice healthy fast food lunch

Or you could bring lunch from home, way cheaper.

It's laziness.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:

It's laziness.

actually think of it like this. I remember seeing this comparison in the paper i think

you can pickup two family sized pizzas for $8 or so. That will feed a family of four quite easily but not healthily

You will notice the supermarkets crapping on that you can feed a family of four for $10. Thats more than $8 and of course thats if you follow what they have.

I regularly see steak and other meat which would feed a family being $16-17 each to buy (like the packets of fresh meat) so therefore its twice as much

sure if you just bought vegies, you might come out ahead but try to make a healthy meal including meat and you are well behind the fast food in terms of cheapness

Jintor

Are you bastards going to make me weigh myself now out of some misplaced sense of competition

I'll do it

I'll fucking do it man

jambo

Choc said:
you can pickup two family sized pizzas for $8 or so. That will feed a family of four quite easily but not healthily

Holy shit really? ._.

All the places around me the pizzas are $8-$12 EACH!

And if it does cost more then that's just what you have to pay to eat healthy. Yes the govt can subsidise certain foods, but at some point the consumer will have to start paying a little bit extra every now and then. Your health is worth the extra cost.

Gazunta

OK now I know I'm sleep deprived I swear I'm reading comments about my comics without posting them in here first.

I need to sleep.

Speaking of laziness and meals: I don't have lunch most of the time because it takes up valuable minutes during my lunch break. When I do it's whatever I can get the quickest which is usually not good. YES I should make a lunch in the morning, but that takes time I could use getting to work earlier.

So I'm sacrificing my health for extra productive minutes. It's got nothing to do with money for me, it's time.

We've been buying a lot of lite and easy dinners for the past few months - not for the lite factor but the easy factor. Coming home after an hour thirty commute and then spending an extra 30-45 minutes cooking meant that I didn't get to sit down and relax until 8 in the evening. Not fun. Again, this is about time - these things cost a fortune but save so much time.

I'm sure someone will now point me towards an article saying they're all secretly full of poison spiders or something.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
jambo said:

It's laziness.

This is what I do, and you guys wonder why I can afford 3 3DS's ;)

Shaneus said:
Pepsi Max is... bad? Fuck.

PS. Congrats Vooks. Trim the 'fro, drop another 10!

Yeah I'll be there by the end of the year.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
And if it does cost more then that's just what you have to pay to eat healthy. Yes the govt can subsidise certain foods, but at some point the consumer will have to start paying a little bit extra every now and then. Your health is worth the extra cost.

Yes but Jambo i don't think anyone would argue with this. But with the way food (meat and veg), healthcare, electricity, petrol, taxes, tolls etc are going through the roof at the moment, people are very stretched generally financially. The aforementioned things have grown at 3x the inflation rate apparently which is just absurd.

That leads to people having to get food cheap and as i said meat is just ridiculously priced in comparison.

I am not saying what the Gvt can do, if anything, but that is the biggest problem right now. Many people want to lose weight but can't afford it. It's a bit of a cop out sure but when two good pieces of meat are $17-18 to buy, its just ridiculous.

Shaneus said:
PS. Don't stress, Gaz, I like you. I'll kill you last.
Shit. I'm first aren't I? Another drawback to living in Geelong, too close to the the chainsaw banditos.

codswallop said:
That is a sale yet to be approved by the Minister of War and Finance.
I like to jokingly call her the Minister for Shoes. She was quietly hoping that the app that Penny wanted to make in Big Bang Theory was real.

shanshan310 said:
I am indeed. But I could be a guy... there are some pretty skinny dudes out there.
Still, a dude weighing 40 kilos? Maybe a teenager. Wouldn't want my fiance to be less than 60 kilo, that is pretty spot on my ideal weight for a woman (a 5 foot 6 woman of course). Also stick around, always good to get some variation to the conversation and another voice of reason. Worse comes to worst we will come up with a secret system to converse between males.

Kritz said:
/spent more time e-stalking the girl in front if me than listening to the lecturer. Waited for her to post on a forum she was on, refreshed right away, and used "most recent post" features to get her profile name. She then posted on reddit, which I used to confirm the alias. God I'm creepy.
Dude. Kritz. No.
Was she hot? Blink twice for yes

VOOK said:
Jeez or you could just ask her out. Worked for me.
Only once
Thisisausgaf.gif. We don't play games and we don't talk to girls (in person).

VOOK said:
Well might as well tell everyone, I've lost 80 kilos in two years as of this week.
Congrats man! Felt fantastic when I finally lost about 20 kilos a few years back. Had been carrying it around since I started drinking. That feeling of accomplishment will always stay with you so hopefully that will be enough to keep it off.

VOOK said:
7 months straight went without, from about 2-3 litres a day.
4 litres of Vanilla Coke a day first 2 years of uni. Thank god I've got a dental plan.

So our library has a bunch of awesome books I was going to buy but have worked out that my staff card means I can borrow them for twice as long as students can. And can have them for up to 4 months. Awesomeness.

Jintor

Man, I really don't like borrowing books. Apart from anything else I have a tendency to put them somewhere after I finish reading and forget about them. The other thing is that I really like owning books.

Anyway, Portal 2 was fucking nuts. In a good way.

jambo

Choc said:
It's a bit of a cop out sure but when two good pieces of meat are $17-18 to buy, its just ridiculous.

Don't get the best meat then, get the slightly lower stuff. I don't do heaps of the shopping for the house, but I'm pretty sure we get good quality meat that isn't that expensive.

And on the issue of money, I obviously don't know for sure, but I'd put money on the vast majority of people who buy fast food simply being lazy, and it not being because they can't afford to buy food at the supermarket.

Gazunta

I went from drinking 3 litres of Coke a day to never touching it again cold turkey. It was easy!

All it took was a 10am caffeine withdrawal headache that was so bad it literally rendered me temporarily blind. That was a fun morning! Haven't touched it since. That was in March 2004.

Heck, when I worked from home I used to have it home delivered by a local distributor, that's how much of an addict I was :(

Mar

evlcookie said:
Doesn't that mean if they are reading this thread that it will increase my chances of hooking up? Since they can see how desperate great i am?

Great point. We could be witnessing the beginning of a love story here.

Fredescu

Choc said:
Many people want to lose weight but can't afford it. It's a bit of a cop out sure but when two good pieces of meat are $17-18 to buy, its just ridiculous.
I think there's a kernal of truth in what you're saying, but you don't have to buy $40/kg meat to lose weight.

jambo

Here's some advice for any AusGAFers looking for love

AFMm1.png

Mar

Fredescu said:
I think there's a kernal of truth in what you're saying, but you don't have to buy $40/kg meat to lose weight.

Agreed. Good food is more expensive and it's common to have obesity problems in low socioeconomic areas.

But it is easy to do if you have some motivation. It doesn't cost anything to go for a jog.

MrSerrels

Gazunta said:
I went from drinking 3 litres of Coke a day to never touching it again cold turkey. It was easy!

All it took was a 10am caffeine withdrawal headache that was so bad it literally rendered me temporarily blind. That was a fun morning! Haven't touched it since. That was in March 2004.

I've had two headaches like that. Thought I was having a stroke.

Then thought I was going to die. Freakiest day of my life.

Lite n Easy is sooooo convenient Gaz. I was on it for a few months and my weight refused to change, but I wanted to stay on it because it meant not having to shop or cook.

Also, I just handed in the last document I was responsible for ahead of the huge deadline tomorrow. Tastes. Like. Victory.

Mar said:
Agreed. Good food is more expensive and it's common to have obesity problems in low socioeconomic areas.

But it is easy to do if you have some motivation. It doesn't cost anything to go for a jog.
I recommend hitting up Aldi supermarket and your local Meat Warehouse (or similar big meat shop at low, low prices). Eating healthy can be a lot cheaper if you know where to look.

Shaneus, you been to the Meat Warehouse in Belmont? Fantastic value for money. Right across the road is a discount store that used to have heaps of great bargains like those McCains Mini Roast potatoes for like $1.50 a bag.

/end boast

Kritz

Banned
Aha ha.

I remember when the PSP was relevant.

Oh, wait. No I don't.

But it's nice to see the poster hands have as much trouble holding that thing as everyone else.

(bitter because I paid like four hundred dollars for the thing and didn't get any use out of it aside from a shitty god of war game)

Kritz said:
Aha ha.

I remember when the PSP was relevant.

Oh, wait. No I don't.

But it's nice to see the poster hands have as much trouble holding that thing as everyone else.

(bitter because I paid like four hundred dollars for the thing and didn't get any use out of it aside from a shitty god of war game)
Negative nancy. I bought one of the Crisis Core bundles and have had a great time with it. Games were like $20 and it had the best Burnout game ever. Also Tactics Ogre and 3rd Birthday have been two of the best games of the year for me.

Top Bottom