• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Jintor

roosters93 said:
what is a falconer's glove

Dudes who trained birds to hunt were called falconers, falcons have talons that hurt, so falconers had gloves for the birds to land on so they could have them near but wouldn't have to develope years of scar tissue

roosters93 said:
what is a falconer's glove
You should hang out with Roland of Gilead
Hawks are just as cool

Danoss said:
I wish I could echo this, but I didn't even play God of War on it. :(
Crikey. If you sad sacks are so down about this drop custom firmware on it and boom. Portable emulation.

reptilescorpio said:
Crikey. If you sad sacks are so down about this drop custom firmware on it and boom. Portable emulation.

Too much effort.

Although, after reading through a guide, it sounds like I could install CFW without buying a pandora battery and just use some software. Has anyone here hacked their PSP just by downgrading software?

roosters93 said:
Too much effort.

Although, after reading through a guide, it sounds like I could install CFW without buying a pandora battery and just use some software. Has anyone here hacked their PSP just by downgrading software?
Lumines is a fantastic game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Falcon gloves do not work for girls on the train so this is useless for me!

I'm starting to get sick of getting home at 7pm these days. I think it's partly because it's out of my control since metro can't run trains on time, But 2 hours to get home just fucking sucks.

Part of me wants to pick up an apartment and move to the city, Live there for a few years until i hit 30 or something and then sell it and move back to the burbs. The other part just thinks fuck it and get a job that's closer to home but since i'm sorta in the middle of no where that could be a little hard. My job, From what i can tell is rather safe. I don't think they will be letting me go any time soon unless something bad really happens. I also believe i could slowly move into tech but i hate people and don't really want to fix their shitty macs.

Guess i just have to keep on hating life D:

evlcookie said:
Falcon gloves do not work for girls on the train so this is useless for me!

I'm starting to get sick of getting home at 7pm these days. I think it's partly because it's out of my control since metro can't run trains on time, But 2 hours to get home just fucking sucks.

Part of me wants to pick up an apartment and move to the city, Live there for a few years until i hit 30 or something and then sell it and move back to the burbs. The other part just thinks fuck it and get a job that's closer to home but since i'm sorta in the middle of no where that could be a little hard. My job, From what i can tell is rather safe. I don't think they will be letting me go any time soon unless something bad really happens. I also believe i could slowly move into tech but i hate people and don't really want to fix their shitty macs.

Guess i just have to keep on hating life D:
You work with Macs? That doesn't sound like fun. I spend stupid amounts of time in the PC thread looking at parts I want for my next PC. Also why don't you live closer to work? Keep an eye out for somewhere to live or ask people at work/friends if they want a housemate. I hate that it takes me 20-30 minutes every morning and night to get home, that's an hour a day I don't get to spend with my son
also petrol money. I would probably just use that hour reading about games anyway.

Also next Burnout.
An action arcade style game set in the fictional world of Crash City. The aim of the game is to cause as much damage as possible to traffic and buildings by crashing a car into them
Yes please.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
That new burnout sounds terrible. I guess if it's only a download title where you crash into shit using leader boards, That might be ok but if it's another open world racing game, Pass.

Rezbit

Just got back to Melbourne and saw petrol prices. Over $1.55....wow. Although I'm sure it's "the unrest in the Middle East" causing prices to go up. Lols.

Also :( 'cause I need to fill up.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Shit. I'm first aren't I? Another drawback to living in Geelong, too close to the the chainsaw banditos.
Nah, not first. Gaz is first. If you haven't seen it, watch Commando!
reptilescorpio said:
I recommend hitting up Aldi supermarket and your local Meat Shaneus, you been to the Meat Warehouse in Belmont? Fantastic value for money. Right across the road is a discount store that used to have heaps of great bargains like those McCains Mini Roast potatoes for like $1.50 a bag.

/end boast
Definitely checking it out. Massive hunks of meat are always wanted!

Oh, and onto Lumines... fucking love that game. Many nights when coming home completely smashed from a big night I'd fire that up on 360. Sublime shit. Probably my most played game on 360, too.

As for the PSP, I bought a launch model (1000) from a mate at work for $100 in insanely good condition (not counting the drive door which was held closed by a cover anyway), CFW'd it and put on the CPS2 emulator. Aliens vs Predator on the go is the shit.

Rezbit said:
Just got back to Melbourne and saw petrol prices. Over $1.55....wow. Although I'm sure it's "the unrest in the Middle East" causing prices to go up. Lols.
Also :( 'cause I need to fill up.
Poop, it was only $1.38 in Geelong this afternoon. Long weekend ahoy!

evlcookie said:
That new burnout sounds terrible. I guess if it's only a download title where you crash into shit using leader boards, That might be ok but if it's another open world racing game, Pass.
It sounds like Burnout 3. Which is all I want really, I don't' want to race, I want to smash the hell out of a car.

Found a copy of NOLF2. Loved the first but could never find a way to play the sequel. Super psyched, should mean I can hold off on Portal 2 until next week for now.

Mar

Danoss said:
I wish I could echo this, but I didn't even play God of War on it. :(

I bought my PSP soon after launch for full price, and even though I only ever got into one game - Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins - I do not regret the purchase as UGnG is one of the best games of all time. I'd happily spend that amount on a similar gaming experience.

evlcookie said:
That new burnout sounds terrible.

You sound terrible!

Which reminds me. I tried really hard to start an argument at the SydGAF meetup, calling Metroid Prime terrible and a few other things Nintendo related. But no one grabbed the bait. Disappointing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
You sound terrible!

Which reminds me. I tried really hard to start an argument at the SydGAF meetup, calling Metroid Prime terrible and a few other things Nintendo related. But no one grabbed the bait. Disappointing.

I think everyone agreed with you except clipper, He was in shock at the idea of metroid being bad.

Gazunta

I never "got" Metroid. I'm not going to say it's bad, enough people that I respect regard it as a classic, it just never appealed to me at all.

I grew up with Turrican.

It's kind of like not being into Play School because you grew up watching Hi 5.

Mar

Gazunta said:
I grew up with Turrican.

Good man. I grew up on Turrican as well, and Turrican 2 is certainly a pinnacle of the genre. Though I do admit that I like Super Metroid more.

My problem with the Metroid series is when it went 3D. It stopped being Metroid.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I was that nintendo fanboy when i was young that didn't like Metroid and Zelda, I still don't really like either game. I remember my only time playing Metroid was when my best mate at the time had it and was stuck on some boss fight, I gave it a shot and killed it on my first attempt. I think it had simple jump dodge missile and shoot mechanics, So nothing to hard.

I've played the latest Zeldas, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and whatever that other one was simply because they were "OMG ITS ZELDA YOU HAVE TO PLAY THEM". They did seem enjoyable but nothing too special.

trinest

FreeFallin' said:
It's only a matter of time. Unless you have a freaky metabolism.
Maybe. But years ago I was in the 70s for ages and now its 80s, but its doesn't change drasticlly- I'd probably be 90s in another ten years time.

evlcookie said:
I was that nintendo fanboy when i was young that didn't like Metroid and Zelda, I still don't really like either game. I remember my only time playing Metroid was when my best mate at the time had it and was stuck on some boss fight, I gave it a shot and killed it on my first attempt. I think it had simple jump dodge missile and shoot mechanics, So nothing to hard.

I've played the latest Zeldas, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and whatever that other one was simply because they were "OMG ITS ZELDA YOU HAVE TO PLAY THEM". They did seem enjoyable but nothing too special.

Zelda is my favorite Nintendo series. I hate Metroid- love the idea of Metroid, just hate the games. Mario I'm usually hit and miss as well with. I don't jump up and down for a new Mario title- yeah I'll play my brothers- or buy it later down the line- but Mario doesn't really excite me.

I tried very hard to go through P2 in a day. I couldn't do it, too good. It deserves to be spread out over two days. Savoured, like a fine wine. But sculled down like an uncommitted alcoholic.

Playing the Mac version and it looks and runs great, possibly better than the original did on Mac.

oh and I recommend optifast or optislim chocolate bars and milkshakes. 3 of them a day and some steamed vegies for dinner and lots of water. Do it. Lose weight.

jambo

I did Portal 2 in a single 6.5 hour sitting last night, currently heading back through the game. Even though I've played the whole thing, I'm still pissing myself laughing at times. The writing is fucking hilarious and the voice acting is beyond perfect.

Can't wait to hit up some co-op next Tuesday, anyone keen?

remz

jambo said:
I did Portal 2 in a single 6.5 hour sitting last night, currently heading back through the game. Even though I've played the whole thing, I'm still pissing myself laughing at times. The writing is fucking hilarious and the voice acting is beyond perfect.

Can't wait to hit up some co-op next Tuesday, anyone keen?
I'm up for coop

Jintor said:
Man, baked potatos are really easy to make! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM *smothers in cream*
That reminds me of my mum making baked potatos.
"They're so healthy!"
*we proceed to lather them in cream, cheese and sweet chilli sauce*
NOT ANYMORE

hamchan

All this healthy eating talk a couple pages back made me feel bad because I just had 4 meals today: milo cereal, pho, cheeseburger meal from hungry jacks and a double down meal from kfc.

jambo

hamchan said:
All this healthy eating talk a couple pages back made me feel bad because I just had 4 meals today: milo cereal, pho, cheeseburger meal from hungry jacks and a double down meal from kfc.
aXUg2.jpg

hamchan said:
You say 4 meals but that's probably more equal to 6 heh

hamchan said:

But did you get a small or diet drink with the meals? If so you're fine.

Danoss

reptilescorpio said:
I did and played some old games for a short while, then the novelty wore off.

Stackboy

You guys judging the new Burnout game, based on a description, is like all the dudes in the SSX threads saying the game is going to be all terrible like, before they've gotten their hands on it.

Also, surely shanshan can offer some lady advice to the dudes in thread that are falling in love on the train/bus and lose the love of their lives, because they don't know how to make the appropriate noises in the direction of their dream girl?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Stackboy said:
You guys judging the new Burnout game, based on a description, is like all the dudes in the SSX threads saying the game is going to be all terrible like, before they've gotten their hands on it.

I can judge because it sounds like ass :D

Having said that though, Criterion did a great job on need for speed HP, A really solid arcade racer aside from the shortcuts, It's what Burnout Paradise really should have been.

To me personally, I think they have given the Burnout series away since Burnout 4 (I forgot the title). That game was ass and so was Burnout Paradise.

If they decide to go back to a pure arcade racer for racing and throw in random driving through buildings and blowing shit up modes, I would be more than happy to play it. For me it's all about the races, learning the tracks, the cars and just trying to dominate each race through skill.

I feel like playing NFS again, Maybe this weekend i will jump back on and see who has beaten all my times :(. I still need to finish the single player mode as well, Although it does drag on a bit.

Choc

Banned
AFL Live is game of the year as it has holy grail and up there cazaely

fuck portal :D*

of course not

:)

game is better than NRL game. Legend you would like it i think.

Gazunta

Wasted a whole hour trying to do something and got nothing to show for it. A whole hour wasted. So fucking furious right now. Cheer me up!

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
To me personally, I think they have given the Burnout series away since Burnout 4 (I forgot the title). That game was ass and so was Burnout Paradise.

If they decide to go back to a pure arcade racer for racing and throw in random driving through buildings and blowing shit up modes, I would be more than happy to play it. For me it's all about the races, learning the tracks, the cars and just trying to dominate each race through skill.

I feel like playing NFS again, Maybe this weekend i will jump back on and see who has beaten all my times :(. I still need to finish the single player mode as well, Although it does drag on a bit.
Was it Revenge that was the really good one? I might go bargain hunting at lunchtime to see if I can find it. I remember there was one on "next gen" that was like the previous gen ones.

Top Bottom