• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Clipper

Gazunta said:
Speaking of things arriving, Clipper did you get your AWESOME BOOK yet? It should have arrived well by now.
Yes, got it last night. Didn't have a chance to thank you yet.

Also, I've gotta say, great idea on the layout including little summaries explaining your motivations (or lack thereof) for drawing each week of comics. Great stuff.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
Was it Revenge that was the really good one? I might go bargain hunting at lunchtime to see if I can find it. I remember there was one on "next gen" that was like the previous gen ones.

Revenge was terrible! Takedown was the best, Some would argue that #2 is actually better and it's a fine game as well.

Revenge is where it started to go downhill ;D

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
Revenge was terrible! Takedown was the best, Some would argue that #2 is actually better and it's a fine game as well.

Revenge is where it started to go downhill ;D
Okay... Takedown's the one to get, then! I'm pretty sure that ran BC on 360 as well as 2 (which I'm positive it does... not too badly, either).

Omikron

So hey, been avoiding the forum until I finished Portal 2. Is awesome. Now to finsih off the co-op campaign.

Oh and thanks Valve for giving me gift passes to all the valve pack for the golden potato.... just need to find people to give them to. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Portal 2 makes other games look like silent films.

Omi said:
So hey, been avoiding the forum until I finished Portal 2. Is awesome. Now to finsih off the co-op campaign.

Oh and thanks Valve for giving me gift passes to all the valve pack for the golden potato.... just need to find people to give them to. :p

:D darkares01?

Clipper

codswallop said:
So it's a dressing gown. Could be good if you wanted to keep heating costs down, but why the hell wouldn't you just use a blanket?
It's more of a wearable sleeping bag. Blankets have to be rearranged and don't give you extra padding underneath you when you sit/lie on the couch.

I have to admit, I'm tempted...

Shaneus

Anyone know if most EBs still sell original Xbox games dirt cheap? Wondering if I might strike gold and find Burnout 3.

Choc

Banned
apple posted a US 6 billion profit this quarter

i believe this now makes them the no 1 company in the world and they have taken over exxon

!

Choc said:
apple posted a US 6 billion profit this quarter

i believe this now makes them the no 1 company in the world and they have taken over exxon

!

how is that possible? this was the only quarter I didn't buy anything off them.

Stackboy

evlcookie said:
To me personally, I think they have given the Burnout series away since Burnout 4 (I forgot the title). That game was ass and so was Burnout Paradise.

I can't believe the hurtful things I'm seeing. I've loved the Burnout franchise, with every iteration. Paradise moved away from the crash aspect, sure, but I still felt it was a great installation of the series. Put 80 hours put into the game.

evlcookie said:
5 day weekend

11 day weekend.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
commanderdeek said:
I thought cookie was the burnout super fan here? Or is that Mar? I forget.

I don't like burnout paradise, Mar loves it.
Mar doesn't like the older burnouts, I love those.

Stackboy

roosters93 said:

I'm taking 3 days off next week, so the 5 day weekend stretches out to the following weekend. QLD has a public holiday the following Monday too. Not sure about the rest of 'straya.

Choc

Banned
Stackboy said:
I'm taking 3 days off next week, so the 5 day weekend stretches out to the following weekend. QLD has a public holiday the following Monday too. Not sure about the rest of 'straya.

the answer to this question is no the rest of Australia does not have may day

fucking ripped off honestly, NSW has the least pub hols of any state and they want to take more off us

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:

fucking ripped off honestly, NSW has the least pub hols of any state and they want to take more off us

dealwithit.gif

Stackboy

Choc said:

QQ some more, then move to Queensland.

I just did a reasonably complicated trig calculation for work in Excel. The final result was a thing of beauty, with pushbutton-initiated macros, cross-sheet checks of error margins, fancy conditional formatting and some pretty sweet graphics. The calculation may have been pointless, made to answer the whim of an overcautious upper manager, but I made that equation squeal like a bitch.

I haven't done anything like that since uni. Feels good man.

Stackboy said:
QQ some more, then move to Queensland.

I remember moving up to QLD in hs and losing a week of my easter holidays. I was under the impression that there were LESS holidays here...

Also getting my wisdom teeth out today!

Mar

evlcookie said:
I feel like playing NFS again, Maybe this weekend i will jump back on and see who has beaten all my times :(. I still need to finish the single player mode as well, Although it does drag on a bit.

I really like NFS HP, though it seems the online has died off recently. Last time I went to play it I could only find one other person in about 10 minutes of looking.

Also, I bought some DLC that added some new modes, and no one is ever playing them so I wasted my money.

Stackboy said:
Paradise moved away from the crash aspect, sure, but I still felt it was a great installation of the series. Put 80 hours put into the game.

It's the best game in the world, not just the best of the series. My 400 hours or so is proof.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
I really like NFS HP, though it seems the online has died off recently. Last time I went to play it I could only find one other person in about 10 minutes of looking.

I've noticed that with quiet a few online racers. The online seems to be all there for a few weeks and then it just vanishes. I'm sure there's still some hardcore guys on every game out there that still play it weekly, But the general population seems to move on quickly.

That's why i loved burnout 3 so much. It's online was consistant for such a long ass time and i had my usual hardcore online mates that i would always play against. Hell we would play all damn day on the weekends and when they weren't around, Getting a game wasn't too hard. This easily went on for close to 12 months.

It seems impossible these days for a racing title to hold a large group of people's attention. FPSs like Bad company and CoD seem to have taken over, Which is a shame.

I might see if NFS online on PC is still alive although if the 360 is dead i would expect the PC to be a wasteland by now.

Mar

evlcookie said:
I've noticed that with quiet a few online racers. The online seems to be all there for a few weeks and then it just vanishes. I'm sure there's still some hardcore guys on every game out there that still play it weekly, But the general population seems to move on quickly.

That's why i loved burnout 3 so much. It's online was consistant for such a long ass time and i had my usual hardcore online mates that i would always play against. Hell we would play all damn day on the weekends and when they weren't around, Getting a game wasn't too hard. This easily went on for close to 12 months.

It seems impossible these days for a racing title to hold a large group of people's attention. FPSs like Bad company and CoD seem to have taken over, Which is a shame.

I might see if NFS online on PC is still alive although if the 360 is dead i would expect the PC to be a wasteland by now.

Yeah, all true.

Though last time I looked BP is still going strong!

Shaneus

Mar said:
I dropped off playing HP (at least for the time being) on PC because it ran like shit on my PC (as did Blur). If you can't give me consistent 60fps even when dropping detail levels, GTFO.

All that said, I'm still going to look for a copy of Takedown during my lunch break. Hopefully one of the 3 EBs around Melbourne city have a copy.

Edit: Agree with your statement on racers as well, cookie. Unless you organise something with mates you're pretty well screwed as far as random online races go with PC games :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't know if i would recommend going back to playing burnout takedown. I guess it all depends on how you're eyes like the old 3D look because sometimes, It sure as hell looks like ass and it's impossible to see what's what.

It's still an outstanding arcade racer but it's major points were online. Since you won't be playing it online it might be a bit of a bore. Unless you like crash mode i guess and just general single player racing / beat the clock stuff to unlock cars.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I just did a reasonably complicated trig calculation for work in Excel. The final result was a thing of beauty, with pushbutton-initiated macros, cross-sheet checks of error margins, fancy conditional formatting and some pretty sweet graphics. The calculation may have been pointless, made to answer the whim of an overcautious upper manager, but I made that equation squeal like a bitch.

I haven't done anything like that since uni. Feels good man.
I spend a fair amount of time working on massive excel files at work. Just like yours, they include a bit of everything. Button, macros, formulas so long that they read like gibberish, pivot tables, conditional formating, cross-sheet and file checking.

There's nothing quite like watching a 5 minute macro do it's thing: gathering data from other sources, collating, sort, pruning, moving, coping, deleting, formatting, moving the data to and from other sheets, creating other workbooks and then emailing the data to people.

It's awesome pushing one button and watching what used to take someone half a day to do being accomplished in 10 minutes.

Which just means I get even more work to do. Yay?

Planet_JASE said:
It's awesome pushing one button and watching what used to take someone half a day to do being accomplished in 10 minutes.
A few years back I wrote a script that basically made someone's job obsolete. Yeah automation!

Choc

Banned
Figure this one out

Flights to E3 on QANTAS.

First Class is cheaper than business class right now.

What :|

May as well fly first if thats the case :|

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
You'll never want to fly any other way, Choc.

It's an A380 as well on that route apparently. First in an A380 would be to hard to go back from. It's a bloody hotel room.

but seriously it would seem stupid to book business ahead of first when its more expensive.

Deeku

How is that even possible:/ Go first class then choc.

Also just had the shittest phone interview. The woman kept stopping me mid sentence because her typing couldn't catch up.

I got 3 Street Passes walking around the Perth CBD this morning, I was amazed, last time I had walked around the CBD in the morning I got none. I'm also finding myself when I have the time in the morning walking through the Bus Depot and the undreground train station just to see if I can get more Tags.

Bernbaum

Worthintendo said:
I got 3 Street Passes walking around the Perth CBD this morning, I was amazed, last time I had walked around the CBD in the morning I got none. I'm also finding myself when I have the time in the morning walking through the Bus Depot and the undreground train station just to see if I can get more Tags.
Coming in at about two a day now. Will get a few high-level hits from mates over the weekend, but it seems to be quietening down. Sitting on about 40 or so hits all up for the two weeks I've had it.

Almost done with the first tower quest, but according to a friend at the EB offices, there
are multiple passes of the 'Find Me' quest each with their own rewards
. Nothing is more frustrating than spending 10 play coins on puzzle pieces and have them all come back as duplicates.

Oh, and I forgot my 3DS today.

codswallop said:
HELL. YES. First used Hulu in the US and then was able to use a proxying service like with Pandora for a while (use PuTTY to shell into a server and proxy that way) but when they stopped it was a sad day.

YESSSSSS
So excited.

Presenting to a group at my company in 15 minutes....sh*tting myself.

Bernbaum said:
Coming in at about two a day now. Will get a few high-level hits from mates over the weekend, but it seems to be quietening down. Sitting on about 40 or so hits all up for the two weeks I've had it.

Almost done with the first tower quest, but according to a friend at the EB offices, there
are multiple passes of the 'Find Me' quest each with their own rewards
. Nothing is more frustrating than spending 10 play coins on puzzle pieces and have them all come back as duplicates.

Oh, and I forgot my 3DS today.
I spend all my play coins on Find Mii. I do hate getting streetpass hits from people who don't have any new puzzle pieces to offer, though.

Bernbaum said:
Nothing is more frustrating than spending 10 play coins on puzzle pieces and have them all come back as duplicates.
I'll raise you on the frustrating stakes for Find Mii, Stuck on a level with a Ghost with a Light Blue Shield and for the life of me I can' seem to hire a hero with a Light blue shirt to be able to take it out. And of course given that all but 3 of my Tags are from Males, they are all wearing the same normal Blue Shirt. Would it kill people to have their Mii in a colour other than Blue.

Top Bottom