• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus

I have bacon salt here, too. Haven't used it for ages, VERY tempted to try it on bacon. I also have low(ish) carb sausages that I'm thinking of wrapping in bacon. Maybe dipped in egg to help it bind together.

Fuuuck, I'm looking forward to breakfast already.

Shaneus said:
I have bacon salt here, too. Haven't used it for ages, VERY tempted to try it on bacon. I also have low(ish) carb sausages that I'm thinking of wrapping in bacon. Maybe dipped in egg to help it bind together.
Fuuuck, I'm looking forward to breakfast already.
I live on Chicken Salt. I put it on everything. Fish & Chips? Chicken Salt. On both. Lasagne? REQUIRES Chicken Salt to be consumed.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I live on Chicken Salt. I put it on everything. Fish & Chips? Chicken Salt. On both. Lasagne? REQUIRES Chicken Salt to be consumed.
You bastard. Chicken salt on lasagne sounds like the shit. But I could never find the right one from the supermarket. By far the best was the one they used at the chicken shop in Ocean Grove with their chips and (light brown) gravy.

Fuck, what I wouldn't give for that exact same dish right now. ARGH.

Fredescu said:
Try making your own bacon! http://phaz.imgur.com/bacon
Jesus H. Christ that's a lot of effort.

Shaneus said:
By far the best was the one they used at the chicken shop in Ocean Grove with their chips and (light brown) gravy..
Holy shit! That place was awesome, haven't been in years. The correct chicken salt is the one with green writing on it. Ended up buying a big bag of it at Campbells Cash & Carry a while back so I have no idea what the brand is. I just have several containers full of it....

Shaneus

Main street, yeah? Piping Hot Chicken Shop, IIRC. So many childhood memories of OG. Got my first Hyper at the newsagency, spent far too much money on the Mortal Kombat in the video shop and the Outrun at the fish and chip shop.

Tourist hole now, but before it was made over it was my second home :)

Danoss said:
Amen to that. I'm at the game, having a great time. GO THE EELS!

So damn close. Thought you guys had it, was looking forward to seeing the dragons lose for once.

Not a bad result, your for and against is pretty bad so the 1 point still works out ok.

Danoss

Well, the Eels didn't win, but at least they held the Dragons to a draw in OT. What an incredible game of football.

I LOVE FOOTY! GO THE EELS!

Also, some grubby Dragons fans thought they'd turn on during the game. Cops started swarming my bay because of the dropkicks.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
awesome.

week over.

packing tomorrow and sunday.

moving back into fortitude valley on monday.

Gazunta

This week was utter shit. This weekend will be spent working on fun cool things to be revealed later.

I was toying with the idea of making a Henry The Sexually Perverted Bar game in Shoot 'EmUp Construction Kit but that's a bad idea on so many levels I'm glad I trashed it.

Edit: welcome back Scrow!

Jintor

I've been writing Property Law case notes the whole day. The good news is that I've written all my Property Law case notes. That bad news is that they're probably terrible. Anyway, I guess I should take a break by doing some constitutional law instead tommorrow. Yay.

Jintor

Well, I'm definitely not going to be a barrister, I know that much. :T

It's a pity because I'm pretty sure being a barrister is an unspoken requirement to becoming a justice or a magistrate, which I would have liked to be one day, but whatever.

Waikis

Jintor said:
I've been writing Property Law case notes the whole day. The good news is that I've written all my Property Law case notes. That bad news is that they're probably terrible. Anyway, I guess I should take a break by doing some constitutional law instead tommorrow. Yay.

Use lss notes : p.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wanted to try Super Stardust HD, I guess. I don't even know what Dead Natin is but I'll try that too. I already have evything else.

Deeku

Jintor said:
I did some law elective subjects just to see what it's like. All I can say is that I'm glad I rebelled against my parents when they tried to force me to do Commerce/Law.

You're not alone in doing notes/studying through the weekend though. I need to learn how to delta hedge for my exam next thursday. But I think I'll play some Wipeout first.

Jintor

I don't mind law as such, it's just I vastly prefer media/writing.

Also regretting the decision to spend most of my tutorials browsing gaf

Rez said:
I've always wanted to try Super Stardust HD, I guess. I don't even know what Dead Natin is but I'll try that too. I already have evything else.
Stardust is great fun, also a great time waster if you just have 15 minutes to eat up.

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
It was interesting, but the amount of reading required really turned me off.

You're telling me. I have nearly 300 pages of pretty dense text to cover by Friday :T

Thankfully I found someone's old law notes from 2002 on the web, although I'm going to have to go over them

Actually my birthday, unfortunately. I remember when I used to look forward to them :(

No plans really as the misses has a big uni assessment due on Monday and is currently buried under legal ethics books. Going to celebrate with some good whisky and watch Once Upon A Time in the West on blu ray.

Rock and roll, I know.

Also, I'm currently wearing slippers and drinking earl grey tea... 29 is the new 60.

BanShunsaku said:
Actually my birthday, unfortunately. I remember when I used to look forward to them :(

No plans really as the misses has a big uni assessment due on Monday and is currently buried under legal ethics books. Going to celebrate with some good whisky and watch Once Upon A Time in the West on blu ray.

Rock and roll, I know.

Also, I'm currently wearing slippers and drinking earl grey tea... 29 is the new 60.
Fuck me, we're similar. 34, slippers, scotch drinker, don't celebrate my birthday, drink tea, living life to its fullest. I don't have a misses, so you win this round.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 20 and am enjoying a nice cup of English Breakfast as we speak. My housemates got me into this tea thang.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Doing Software Engineering at uni feels like I'm cheating. Totally relevant units, interesting material, decent textbooks and interesting practical even at lower levels.

That's one of the things I think Computer Science educators should feel super thankful for. With, say, music, when you're learning the lower-level stuff, you're fooling no one as far as the complexity of "twinkle, twinkle little star" is concerned. It sounds easy and the uninitiated think it's easy, but you're working so damn hard mentally to get it to sound right. Whereas with CS, the stuff professionals consider the easy stuff looks ridiculously hard to the uninitiated, so the gap between how much a beginner has to exert themselves and how difficult their output actually looks to them and the uninitiated is tiny, this making the learning feedback loop so much more inviting and, he'll, even inspiring in some ways. Having spent time teaching and learning piano across a few different skill levels, I'd kill for such an amazing feedback-loop at entry level education levels.

Top Bottom