• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus

Dead Man said:
If by weird you mean 'flawed but incredibly fun and awesome', then yes, it is weird.
Yerp.

For some reason, now watching Tommy Boy... only because Airheads or Zoolander aren't available in high def :(

Clipper

Rezbit said:
Oh my god I am so ridiculously hungover. I spewed ALL over some poor guys taxi last night. And on myself too. I'm also a best man. Awesome.
Did you pay for the hour's cleaning time?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys have any modem recommendations that arent going to break the bank but can also support upwards of five wireless connections, including Apple products which seem to be a problem for Linksys/Cisco, for home use?

Shaneus

Modern recommendations of... then who was phone?

Edit: Oh, MODEM, not MODERN. Herpy derp derp. I'm currently rocking a Billion BiPAC 7300N, but I don't have any wireless Apple products (other than my iPhone) so I couldn't tell you how well they'd work. My netbook and iPhone work fine, though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shaneus said:
Modern recommendations of... then who was phone?

Edit: Oh, MODEM, not MODERN. Herpy derp derp. I'm currently rocking a Billion BiPAC 7300N, but I don't have any wireless Apple products (other than my iPhone) so I couldn't tell you how well they'd work. My netbook and iPhone work fine, though.
iPhone and iPad are the key offenders, but even my MacBook occasionally drops the connection.

How did I become the guy with all the Apple products? Oh well.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Billion 7800N here with no issues at all. Super stable, Macs, iPad, iPhones, tivo, god knows what else is all connected to it and i haven't heard anyone bitch about it dropping like the old belkin. That's also with a apple time capsule connected to it as well.

Probably around $150 these days, That could be breaking the bank, Not too sure.

There is the NL which is it's little brother but i don't know enough about it.

Edit. 9 devices are connected, half of those have expired although i'm sure they are still working. That's not including 2 iPhones that aren't in the house at the moment. It has had a connectivity to my adsl record of 50 days, Until i updated the firmware :D

I really should learn the ins and outs of this modem, To make sure it is setup correctly.

markot

Banned
Rez said:
Do you guys have any modem recommendations that arent going to break the bank but can also support upwards of five wireless connections, including Apple products which seem to be a problem for Linksys/Cisco, for home use?
http://www.netgear.com.au/au/Product/Routers-and-Gateways/Fast-Ethernet-Router/WNR2000

We got this one, its good imo. Our old one wouldnt support that many wireless connections, but this one never has any problem with a few things/phones and what notses.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
thanks guys. That NetGear one is about 80 bucks, which is nice. I could go to 150 but, you know, 150>80.

I have a NetGear USB wifi connection for my PC which has been flawless (as opposed to the DLink one I used to have).

Linksys and DLink have always been nothing but trouble for me.

7800N is great.

ours has 3 Macs, NAS, iPad, Wii, PS3 and 360 with no problems. My older Billion Wireless protested more than Bob Brown at a pulp mill whenever I tried to use my iPad.

the main problem is finding one in stock.

Rezbit

Clipper said:
Did you pay for the hour's cleaning time?

Yes I was quite charitable and apologetic. Gave him 40 bucks or something. Most expensive spew ever! Now I have been laying into coke and toobs.

Shaneus

Rezbit said:
Yes I was quite charitable and apologetic. Gave him 40 bucks or something. Most expensive spew ever! Now I have been laying into coke and toobs.
Awesome. Unless they're right cunts, I always respect the cabbies that give me a lift home... either by talking their ear off and tipping generously or shutting the fuck up and tipping generously. I've seen some of the other pricks they must have to deal with.

Gazunta

40 bucks? You got off CHEAP.

God, I already know I'm going to be a miserable cunt this week at work. Not being at E3 is going to SUCK.

I'm fully aware what a spoiled bastard I am thanks

Gazunta said:
God, I already know I'm going to be a miserable cunt this week at work. Not being at E3 is going to SUCK.

You spoiled bastard.

Shaneus said:
Hey Shane are you interested in getting some stuff from the Telltale sale? Might save on postage if we get it all in one order then separate in Geelong. The posters and Sam & Max book/dvd looks pretty good if they are 75% off.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gazunta said:
40 bucks? You got off CHEAP.

Join us in steam chat at 2am and pretend like you are there!

Jintor

I'll be there

So the latest Doctor Who (UK pre-cliffhanger one) was fairly rad, although by no means perfect. Neil Gaiman episode is still the best.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jintor said:
I'll be there

So the latest Doctor Who (UK pre-cliffhanger one) was fairly rad, although by no means perfect. Neil Gaiman episode is still the best.

Was indeed rad! !! ! !

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:
Tuesday morning at 2am. There is an image of the dates 9 posts up.
And here they are in a way that they don't need to be clicked (and from my original source ;) )
E3times.png
e3times24.png

Jintor

Oh sweet, just realised I'm going to wake up tommorrow and there's gonna be lotsa news

Also just realised tht my exam is edging closer and closer faaaaar

Gazunta

Nah, it's not the conferences or any of the games stuff
Happy Feet 2 has game of the show locked down anyway
it's spending the week hanging out with my friends in LA. Can't be beat!

Oh by the way, the RetroGT shirts I ordered a couple of pages back? They arrived earlier this week and are VERY nice! I think I will buy more. Still to much writing on them for my liking though.

Dear Gazunta,

Will happy feet two will have Kinect compatibility? That would be awesome if a dancing game had Kinect support. I can't see me buying happy feet two without Kinect support. I mean, what's the point of a dancing game without motion control.

I have recently visited the Antarctic to watch penguins in their natural habitat and gotten my severely frostbitten arms and legs removed so I now can only play games via Kinect

please tell me happy feet two has Kinect support.

Did Cory Barlog help design happy feet two? I hear he's a nice chap without any serious personality disorders? He's the lead something at KM&M Games isn't he?

I'd like to shake his hand and tell him what a good job he's doing. But, as I've explained above, that would be difficult.

Jintor said:
For the first time ever I have an exam worth less than 70%. Going into the exam I have already passed the unit so whatever happens is just bonus marks. Feels good. No interest in doing law exams again, management units ftw!

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Hey Shane are you interested in getting some stuff from the Telltale sale? Might save on postage if we get it all in one order then separate in Geelong. The posters and Sam & Max book/dvd looks pretty good if they are 75% off.
Already ordered, I'm afraid! But when I put the order through, the shipping wasn't actually that expensive... I think the S&M pack and a t-shirt all came to under $50AU shipped.

Oh, I finally finished something tonight! First episode, season one of Sam & Max. Love the format, too... games that make you think (that I haven't really encountered in a LONG time), entertaining (though I was right-clicking through a LOT of convos) and short. Perfect for someone who can rarely be arsed sitting through a full-sized game.

Episodic content, I think I'm in love. Have the rest of the series, ToMI and BttF to go through too! Yay me!

Edit: Yeah, just checked. Even though it was $28US shipping, because all the other stuff was so cheap I really didn't think to look for a way of getting the price down any further. Sorry homie :(

Salazar

Well, I think he's going to get votes.

And I would be terribly surprised if Campbell Newman is as calm on the inside as he pretends.

Danoss

Holy shit, Doctor Who! If my jaw was literally capable of hitting the floor, it would have.

Moffat had that planned for a long arse time I bet, the bastard. The wait for the next part is going to be agonising. That episode is a prime example of why I love Doctor Who.

r1chard

Danoss said:
Holy shit, Doctor Who! If my jaw was literally capable of hitting the floor, it would have.

Moffat had that planned for a long arse time I bet, the bastard. The wait for the next part is going to be agonising. That episode is a prime example of why I love Doctor Who.
Fuck yeah.

And screw all the wannabes on the net who said they knew it all along :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't believe you need to be invited to join steam chat either.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few people in both areas, Steam chat proved a win last year though. See how she goes in under 24 hours time.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Oh sweet, just realised I'm going to wake up tommorrow and there's gonna be lotsa news

Ditto.

Tomorrow morning is going to be soooo unproductive.

Gonna work my ass off today to make up for it.

jambo

The Origin store link worked fine for me in Chrome 11.0.696.60

reptilescorpio said:
Don't do it man, we all love you.
Play Gay Tony if you have to, brings back a lot of the fun to the GTA4 world.

The moment I jumped in to GTA IV about 3 people Steam chatted me asking if I was going to host some MP, so I ended up doing that. Gay Tony too, the weapons and cars in MP are so much better than vanilla!

jambo said:
The moment I jumped in to GTA IV about 3 people Steam chatted me asking if I was going to host some MP, so I ended up doing that. Gay Tony too, the weapons and cars in MP are so much better than vanilla!
Ha, nice. Never spent much time in MP. Always nice when everyone gets interested at the same time, especially when it is spur of the moment.

EA still doing their sterling best at DD. Not unexpected. Will be interesting to see what they do with Steam.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
EA still doing their sterling best at DD. Not unexpected. Will be interesting to see what they do with Steam.

I tested the website in 3 diff browsers (Opera, Chrome and IE8) and all had variations on the broken layout.

Amazing.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I'm still disappointed that they didn't try to milk the Origin name for all it's worth.

Top Bottom