• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Salazar

Dead Man said:
Milk? You are dead to me.

Yes, milk. Milky milky milk milk.

EB Games, this morning.

I put Shogun 2 on the counter. He says he'll go and see "if we have any in the back" (lol wtf). He comes back with some deluxe edition box ($129 or something) and says "we have this one, if you want it".

Amazing. Never change, guys.

Aon

We should play a match of Japan War sometime Salazar.

Although I have only the most rudimentary grasp of old time tactics ><

Salazar

Aon said:
We should play a match of Japan War sometime Salazar.

Although I have only the most rudimentary grasp of old time tactics ><

You would feel bad. I am the most useless general - in any period, with any forces, in any situation. I am baffled by my rather sudden rush of enthusiasm for RTS.

Overheard a woman saying she was going to move out of the Gold Coast because the crime is getting too bad.

Stackboy

Sup Ausgaf. I'm in quiet rural NSW town, not watching any pre-E3 trailers. Back to brisbane tomorrow, with 2 weeks off. Can't wait for all things E3. Anyone else watching MS, Sony and Nintendo press converters conferences live?

Madrical

Banned
Anyone have a problem with the welcome back offers for PSP? I tried once and got it, but an error occured then I got booted from the store. Tried again, and it just says 'no content was found'. Tried it in MediaGo, same story. I want some free PSP games!

Salazar said:
Yes, milk. Milky milky milk milk.

EB Games, this morning.

I put Shogun 2 on the counter. He says he'll go and see "if we have any in the back" (lol wtf). He comes back with some deluxe edition box ($129 or something) and says "we have this one, if you want it".

Amazing. Never change, guys.

This seems like you're looking for shit to hate on. They often keep spare copies in the back room to save shelf space. The $129 was the collector's edition that they obviously had spares of, stands to reason that someone buying the game might be interested in the collector's edition. Sounds like he wasn't much of a salesman but I'm not sure what your point is.

Deeku

Madrical said:
Anyone have a problem with the welcome back offers for PSP? I tried once and got it, but an error occured then I got booted from the store. Tried again, and it just says 'no content was found'. Tried it in MediaGo, same story. I want some free PSP games!
Try going account management, and then transaction services. Should be able to access the stuff from there.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Stackboy said:
Sup Ausgaf. I'm in quiet rural NSW town, not watching any pre-E3 trailers. Back to brisbane tomorrow, with 2 weeks off. Can't wait for all things E3. Anyone else watching MS, Sony and Nintendo press converters conferences live?

I'm fairly certain there will be the usual suspects in steam chat like last year for the conferences.

Sony is the only one that will be tricky since it's on at 10am, I will be at work so i'm bound to miss it.

Salazar

Neverender said:
This seems like you're looking for shit to hate on. They often keep spare copies in the back room to save shelf space. The $129 was the collector's edition that they obviously had spares of, stands to reason that someone buying the game might be interested in the collector's edition. Sounds like he wasn't much of a salesman but I'm not sure what your point is.

Eh, he pretended that it was the copy they had out the back.

You can't ever just fucking buy something in EB. It's like a goddamn car yard.

Madrical

Banned
evlcookie said:
I'm fairly certain there will be the usual suspects in steam chat like last year for the conferences.

Sony is the only one that will be tricky since it's on at 10am, I will be at work so i'm bound to miss it.
Looking forward to Monday night. I'll be taking the first couple hours off work for the Sony conference, since it's on at 8am here.

Cohsae

Salazar said:
Eh, he pretended that it was the copy they had out the back.

You can't ever just fucking buy something in EB. It's like a goddamn car yard.
Not all EBs are created equal. The guys at my local one have always been cool, can't remember them trying to up-sell me much at all. My mate bought an XBOX360 from them shortly before a price drop, and they called him up to refund his money. So good job to those dudes.

Salazar

Cohsae said:
Not all EBs are created equal.

This is true.

Also, the dudes this morning were ragging on this little kid who had come in with his Mum. She was buying him something, and he'd already had a heap of loud humiliating shit from her, and then he got a whole bunch of extra teasing from the dicks at the counter about doing his chores.

Gazunta

Well there's different developers for different versions so I guess it was just easier to say that.

Edit: Just noticed it's detailed at the end of the trailer so it's safe to say here: The Wii, 360 and PS3 versions are developed by KMMG. The DS and 3DS games are by WayForward.

Stackboy

If you don't like what EB do, then don't shop there. It really is as simple as that. I have a bunch of friends bitching about paying an entry fee to the EB expo. If you don't like it, don't shop EB.

Kritz

Banned
Stackboy said:
If you don't like what EB do, then don't shop there. It really is as simple as that. I have a bunch of friends bitching about paying an entry fee to the EB expo. If you don't like it, don't shop EB.

I stopped shopping at EB once I got into Steam. I can buy games at launch for a quarter of the price, get the games faster and have no hassle buying them. Even if I do shop at retail, JB offer better prices and in TAS are way friendlier and don't constantly try to upsell you with bullshit.

Salazar said:
Milk in first.
God, my gf does that and it drives me insane. Just doesn't taste as good to me.

Russian Caravan Tea is the best I have ever had. 2 sugars, Milk AFTER the water has embraced the bag and the sugar.

Gazunta said:
This sure looks like a great video game to me! YEEEEEEEAH
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-happy-feet/714690
Great work Gaz! KMMG are Aussies are they? Took notice at WayForward doing the 3DS version, hopefully some gameplay videos pop up...

Neverender said:
They often keep spare copies in the back room to save shelf space. The $129 was the collector's edition that they obviously had spares of, stands to reason that someone buying the game might be interested in the collector's edition.
If they have a bunch of leftover stock that isn't moving why wouldn't they give it to another store that IS selling more? Or at least put it on sale to get it moving. Haven't been hassled by eb about upselling, usually it is Edge/Scratch protection/pre-orders. The one I have to frequent is pretty tight about the pre-order bonuses, almost to the point where I think they might sell them on ebay. Only started since GAME got run out of town so maybe it is a policy handed down to them? Wish we had a Game Traders down here.

Jintor said:
What the fuck, Doctor Who
karen-gillan1.png

jambo

Salazar said:
Well, some of you don't take milk in your tea. Savages.

I don't drink tea or coffee. People always give me weird looks when I tell them that I work in IT, yet don't drink coffee.

Danoss

Jintor said:
What the fuck, Doctor Who
Just caught up on the latest episode and that's awfully similar to my reaction. I love the show, but the multi-part episodes are painful (because they're so damn good). Luckily I'll wake up tomorrow morning and the next part will be available.

Jintor

Actually I thought the two-parter was a good premise but dodgily written and largely unsubtle, but DAT PLOT ARC-RELATED ENDING OH MY GOD

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Russian Caravan Tea is the best I have ever had. 2 sugars, Milk AFTER the water has embraced the bag and the sugar.
karen-gillan1.png
I've heard about Russian Caravan Tea. I'll just have to try some now, damnit.

PS. Selective quoting FTW.

PPS. Rewatching the original four seasons of Futurama. I seriously doubt there'll ever be an animated TV series that nails it as well as Futurama does. Yup, overall I enjoy it more than The Simpsons.

hamchan

Doctor Who fans! If I want to get into the series should I start from 2005 or should I just start from the current doctor?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
hamchan said:
Doctor Who fans! If I want to get into the series should I start from 2005 or should I just start from the current doctor?

seeing as how you sit up on the internet til 5am most nights, may aswell start from 2005's Rose, or just check the who thread for a run down on what eps to pick from the first 4 seasons then go full force from 5

Danoss

hamchan said:
It depends on who you ask. The 3 opinions you're likely to hear are:
  • Watch it from the beginning
  • Watch certain good episodes from Seasons 1-4 and then all from 5 onwards
  • Forget the early stuff and watch from Season 5 onwards only
I started watching the show before Stephen Moffat took over in Season 5 and while there were some bad episodes, I really enjoyed it. I don't regret it at all.

I did get to the point where I would see "by Russell T. Davies" in the opening sequence and cringe, but I persevered. Putting up with some of the bad Who episodes kinda makes the really standout ones more worth it, as silly as that probably sounds.

I think it all comes down to what you want to do. If you have the spare time to sit through all the episodes and specials, go for it. Take the good with the bad and enjoy the ride.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Starting from eccelston gives you more of a backstory about the doctor too, like the entire series, if you just jump in at 5 you wont know a hell of a lot of shit

Shaneus said:
Sup, early Sunday mornin' AusGAF.
Sup fellow GeelongGAF. Mate of mine is coming over to cook us all a roast and play vidyagames. Should be a lovely Sunday. Also yes OG Futurama is the stuff of dreams. Watching them just feels like a big, warm hug. Fiancée went out last night, cost them $60 to get a maxi-taxi from Bended in town to Lara. Insanity.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Sup fellow GeelongGAF. Mate of mine is coming over to cook us all a roast and play vidyagames. Should be a lovely Sunday. Also yes OG Futurama is the stuff of dreams. Watching them just feels like a big, warm hug. Fiancée went out last night, cost them $60 to get a maxi-taxi from Bended in town to Lara. Insanity.
Oh shit, they probably would've seen my brother (same one out at Deakin) DJ downstairs! Fucking Geelong, eh?

Shaneus said:
Oh shit, they probably would've seen my brother (same one out at Deakin) DJ downstairs! Fucking Geelong, eh?
Ha! Small world. She said he has playing the regular Top 40 stuff (Katy Perry, etc) so they ended up going to Edge to hang out with footballers before ending up at Lambys.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Ha! Small world. She said he has playing the regular Top 40 stuff (Katy Perry, etc) so they ended up going to Edge to hang out with footballers before ending up at Lambys.
Yeah, that's pretty much what he's paid to play downstairs. One of my good mates used to play upstairs up until a few months ago, apparently it's a bit shit now.

The amount of drinks I used to get out of that joint... oh man. They've tightened up hardcore now since my mate finished, though :(

Shaneus said:
Yeah, that's pretty much what he's paid to play downstairs. One of my good mates used to play upstairs up until a few months ago, apparently it's a bit shit now.
The contrast between upstairs and downstairs was always entertaining for me. Upstairs is where all the trendy, 18 year olds tried to hook up and the music was always a bit more Ministry of Sound while downstairs was the chillout bar where you could listen to the regular bar stuff like Top 40 and Ryan Adams. Downstairs has the best selection of beer while upstairs has the martinis and fancy looking drinks. Hooked up with my fiancée for the first time at Bended though so I have a soft spot for it even though my mates rarely want to go there.

Hey you like Chris Remo right? New Irrational Interview is up with the great Brian Reynolds.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Hooked up with my fiancée for the first time at Bended though so I have a soft spot for it even though my mates rarely want to go there.
Fair chance I was there when that happened! The guy who used to DJ upstairs worked there from the beginning (when it was Ink) and I'd been there pretty much every Saturday night since (save for a few weeks here or there). Usually doing the lights which is always fun when you're really out of it ;)

PS. Cheers for the link. I really should get on finishing Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2 and then Minerva's Den for the apparent single reference to Thumbs that Scoops put in there.

Rezbit

Oh my god I am so ridiculously hungover. I spewed ALL over some poor guys taxi last night. And on myself too. I'm also a best man. Awesome.

Jintor

I read 60% of Game of Thrones yesterday and went to sleep at 3AM and somehow ended up waking up at midday

what

my head

jambo

Shaneus said:
Sup, early Sunday mornin' AusGAF.

Two of my housemates left yesterday for the US and the other is at work, so I'm sitting at home not quite sure what to do...

GTA IV perhaps.

jambo said:
Two of my housemates left yesterday for the US and the other is at work, so I'm sitting at home not quite sure what to do...

GTA IV perhaps.
Don't do it man, we all love you.
Play Gay Tony if you have to, brings back a lot of the fun to the GTA4 world.
Not to sound like a dirty pirate but I have heard the Deus Ex 3 preview is making it look like a GOTY contender. Also pre-order the game. It is fantastic.

Shaneus said:
Fair chance I was there when that happened!
Highly likely, it was about 2 years ago after a Cats game.
Also I posted in the GOG thread about Australia Post having Grim, Dig, Full Throttle and Sam & Max for $10 each a while ago. That is where I picked up disc copies of them, thought I better post that information here too in case you miss my reply in that thread.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Highly likely, it was about 2 years ago after a Cats game.
Also I posted in the GOG thread about Australia Post having Grim, Dig, Full Throttle and Sam & Max for $10 each a while ago. That is where I picked up disc copies of them, thought I better post that information here too in case you miss my reply in that thread.
Cheers for the tip! Shame I can't just drop a couple of bucks into GOG and get them, but I'm guessing that it won't be long until they appear on there.

PS. Almost all the way through the Futurama seasons 1-4. Happy with this achievement!

Top Bottom