• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

I better not buy Civ V just yet...I spent like 4 hours this morning playing just the demo, and it's bloody amazing. When I've finished Uni I will be keen to pick it up.

Fredescu

Sutton Dagger said:
I better not buy Civ V just yet...I spent like 4 hours this morning playing just the demo, and it's bloody amazing. When I've finished Uni I will be keen to pick it up.
My copy arrived the other day, and I should have known better than to install it straight away. I put in 17 hours over the weekend, and I was busy with work at the same time!

MrSerrels said:
It's killing me that this is getting traffic, because it's probably the worst thing I've ever written. Ever.
Everybody loves lists! It is a journalists special weapon in the fight for ratings!

Fredescu said:
The one thing I miss about long commutes to work is listening to Richard Glover's Drive in the afternoon (and of course Adam Spencer's Breakfast).
Our grandparents didn't fail us, even though the challenges they faced were so much greater. So why are we in the process of failing to live up to their example?
Greed and selfishness. Nothing more. Who cares about future Steve if it means current Steve can't save a few more dollars towards that jet-ski.

Megadrive said:
This post isn't about Donald or Danny Glover.
They are too old for this shit.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I missed my early train, first time in forever. This continues a shitty day. Random attack of depression is always fun and I'm guessing a 7pm home time, fuck!

evlcookie said:
I missed my early train, first time in forever. This continues a shitty day. Random attack of depression is always fun and I'm guessing a 7pm home time, fuck!
Think of how awesome the conferences will be tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a better, lolworthy, day. Also maybe a new train girl tonight!

Gazunta

Maybe old train girl is hiding on the later train!

Seeing as the chances of Crackdown 3 being announced during E3 are zero, I will not be staying up for the E3 thingymablob

jambo

So I did this to my work PC today, might do something similar at home...

EDIT: I replaced the Pictures panel with an Office 2003 one

Fredescu

Could be good for a HTPC I guess, but do you really want to minimise everything every time you want to navigate to something? I don't see the point on a regular PC.

Unless you have a third montior. Which I'm sure Jambo does.

jambo

I doubt it'll be a permanent thing, just playing around atm

I have the taskbar set to auto hide at the moment, but I can turn it back on and have all the normal functionality. If I was able to alt-tab to the Rainmeter desktop then I would probably leave the taskbar minimised.

At home I might set it up on my secondary monitor, which is currently used for Foobar2000, MSN, Steam and mIRC.

And that HTPC idea is a great one Fred, might set it up on my parents HTPC, it'd make it a lot easier for them to use, way bigger text and nicer buttons.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think I may have just spotted original train girl on my train home. No idea though, I did about 50 double takes and I still had no idea. I'm usually awesome with faces.

On the bus home woo.

I guess snacks will be needed during the conferences, suggestions?

Clipper

evlcookie said:
I think I may have just spotted original train girl on my train home. No idea though, I did about 50 double takes and I still had no idea. I'm usually awesome with faces.

On the bus home woo.

I guess snacks will be needed during the conferences, suggestions?
50 double takes or a single hundred-take?

Or perhaps a Serrels infinite-take
serrelsloop4.gif

Edit:
And with the potential disabling of this and other non-gaming threads in the coming hours, don't forget to bookmark:
http://mibbit.com/#AusGAF@irc.gamesurge.net
http://webchat.gamesurge.net/?channels=AusGAF

Shaneus

markot said:
Placing bets!

Number of times Microsoft mentions PC during... the entire e3 show!

Im going all out on 0!
Why would they? It's the Electronic Entertainment Expo and MS are doing very little on PC regarding "entertainment" on PC in comparison to 360.

markot said:
Placing bets!

Number of times Microsoft mentions PC during... the entire e3 show!

Im going all out on 0!
.....shit. I was going to say 0. Ah maybe they will reference it once, as in, "I know Gears of War 3 doesn't exactly seem PC, but we are planning on bringing it to the school yard! Tonka Centaurs for the sand pit! King Raven helicopters will knock those silly Transformers out of the sky! Your fully featured Assault Derrick will be the envy of every boy in school! (accessories sold separately)"

Shaneus

Quickie before I head to bed... that asterisk next to MS in the times sheet, does that mean that even though the conference is at 2am, the stream won't start until 2:30?

Edit: For those who didn't quite get what the asterisk meant in Clip's chart, here's a quick thingy from the official times thread:

Clipper said:
Did you notice the asterisks and the note below the times in the chart? The events start at the specified times, the keynotes, streams and shows start half an hour later. There will be stuff in that first half-hour (likely sizzle reals on loop) so there will be live-blog content at those times, but not streams. We hence need both times.

legend166

I hope you low cultured swine enjoy your video game conferences.

I am about to go to a Gala at the Prague State Opera!

I want to watch the conferences.

Shaneus

Um, from memory:
Modern Warfare 3
New Tomb Raider prequel
Forza 4, motherfucker
Once Upon a Monster
Disneyland Kinect
Gears 3
Halo remake
Halo 4
Far, far too much Kinect stuff, although little bits of tech and the object scanning was kinda cool

Setting my morning alarm tomorrow for 1:45am so I can watch the Nintendo conference. I'm going to be absolutely wrecked for the rest of the week.

Oh, and the big boss asked us to work on Monday ( Queen's birthday public holiday). Yay.

The good news is that my buck's party is next Friday. BrisGAF is invited as soon as I decide on a venue...

watching the MS on gamespot stream on demand- content aside- it's flat and lacking in energy. It's almost Tretton-esque. maybe I just remember them as being snappier

oh Cliffy B just came on stage with Ice T. I see, it gets better with people who are better at public speaking. Dude from Sledgehammer seemed like he was about to piss his pants.
Ghost Recon seems to use the Kinect reasonably well. Pity I'm not a big customiser

is the sony one on this morning?

Gazunta

So Rlan, which piece of fruit were you in the Fruit Ninja trailer?

and will you wear the costume at the next BrisGAFfening

Gazunta said:
So Rlan, which piece of fruit were you in the Fruit Ninja trailer?

and will you wear the costume at the next BrisGAFfening
For whatever reason, I can only picture him as a slice of watermelon. Not a whole watermelon, mind - just a slice.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So far the conferences have been a little shitty. Well, MS was shit but the EA one was a-ok. I haven't been able to watch the ubisoft one but that sounded a little weak too.

I'm glad i waited to upgrade my PC. BF3 and even far cry 3 look outstanding, Graphically speaking. The BF3 demo was a little boring, There could have been more hyped crazy shooting, hell they should have just played 10 minutes of MP and called it a day.

I look forward to sony this morning, Hopefully i can sort of watch it at work :D

Jintor

Hoping Sony and Nintendo can save us

god I love Nintendo's press conferences. Even when Reggie is doing nothing but spruiking he's still really entertaining.

The Brothers in Arms title is the most unexpected thing so far. I'm looking forward to that (despite me not playing the series since the first one)

Dead Man

commanderdeek said:
Sony better be good, I'm sacrificing study time.
Same. Well, I call it study time, but it was probably gaming time and sleeping time after the mind numbing tedium of MS last night.

jambo

Modern Warfare 3 - meh
New Tomb Raider prequel - awesome
Forza 4, motherfucker - awesome
Once Upon a Monster
Disneyland Kinect
Gears 3 - awesome
Halo remake - awesome
Halo 4 - awesome
Minecraft Kinect - fuck awesome

Also fucking Far Cry 3 looks sweet.

And Sony conference is starting soon =D

EDIT: My $8 copy of Alpha Protocol came this morning, completely forgot I ordered it.

Shaneus

^^ That was a pretty rough list I posted, though. There was Kinect Sports 2 (developed by Big Park, which was odd. I thought Rare was working on the second one), various bits of Kinect tech (item scanning, photo/clothes skinning of avatars, other types of photo play which did look really cool. They also mentioned finger tracking) and a brand new dashboard based on the tiles from WP7 and Windows 8.

Just seemed that there was way too much emphasis on Kinect. Probably shouldn't have opened with non-exclusive games, either. Halo remake would have been better than MW3 and Tomb Raider Origins.

Good to see Peter Moore there, though! Oh, Tim Schafer made an appearance to promote Once Upon a Monster, too. Added some much needed humour and "dawww" moments <3

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The Sony conference has been a tad underwhelming. Even UC3 wasn't quite as fantastic as UC2's presence. But hey, Bioshock Infinite looks out-fucking-standing.

Shaneus

So, MS was slightly (fanboy goggles) underwhelming, Sony started strong then hit the underwhelming with Move and touch games on the NGP... Nintendo will save us with the Cafe?

To be honest though, I really haven't cared about any of the shows going into E3. It's pretty much all been about Forza. Though I am looking forward to Fruit Ninja.

Kirby102

So I sat through the last 30min of Sony's conference... heh, Vita.

"Viva la Vita", as fanboys will claim. (I called it first) :p

fml, I have an exam in 2 hours, why did I watch that lol.

Top Bottom