• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

r1chard said:
Those complaining about the PSV price just be thankful you're not in Europe (or Japan, but mostly Europe).

US: US$299
Australia: AU$338 -> US$361 (and don't forget, we pay GST, they don't and their sales taxes won't be in that $299 amount)
Europe: €299 -> US$436
Japan: ¥29,980 -> US$373
$338 aus is for the Wifi version which is 249 US$/euro

Is Super Mario Land available (and how many space bucks is it?) I am going to have some serious nostalgia happening when I boot that one up!

kase23

well it turns out the zip code for billing confirmation that the US 3DS store asks at check out does nothing, i just brought SML on my aussie visa card.

Saw X-men First Class today in Gold Class. I really enjoyed it.

My replay of Mass Effect hasn't gone well and I'm bored with it
Any chance Duke will break street before Friday?

r1chard said:
US: US$249
Australia: AU$338 -> US$361
Europe: €249 -> US$363
Japan: ¥24,980 -> US$311
OneMoreQuestion said:
EB Games has the Wifi version of PS Vita for $338

http://www.ebgames.com.au/psp-153020-Sony-PS-VITA---WiFi-PSP

I'm glad I hoarded up some EB credit, can't wait till this comes out!
I love importing so much. Not to mention the whole 3DS store price difference. Can get a PSVita from Amazon for $257AUD posted compared to $338. Cheaper PSN prices too, just have to get some cards sent over.

MrSerrels

jambo said:
Rumours are putting the price at $299 for WiFi.

EBGames could well change their price, they changed the 3DS price a few times before it came out

I think that $299 price is a misunderstanding based on a rumour.

All Sony Aussie reps are saying at the moment is that it'll be closer to the Euro price than the US.

That can either mean exchange rate as compared with the Euro price, or the Euro Price in Aussie dollars.

I would say it's probably the former.

Danoss

Sounds about right, Sony tends to pass our products through the Euro dollar and then convert to AUD. Yay for paying much more than necessary.

Glad I couldn't give a rats arse about it.

Jintor

That's one hell of a show.

Anyway, the eShop would be a lot cooler if there were more things i wanted to buy on it.

Like, I dunno

Cave Story

Clipper

BanShunsaku said:
Is Super Mario Land available (and how many space bucks is it?) I am going to have some serious nostalgia happening when I boot that one up!
Yes. It's apparently AU$6.00 for local buyers and US$3.99 for importers. Other local games are only AU$4.50 or something, though.

Jintor said:
That's one hell of a show.

Anyway, the eShop would be a lot cooler if there were more things i wanted to buy on it.

Like, I dunno

Cave Story
Cave Story is on the US store. US$9.99. However, I'm not buying it as I'm going to wait for the cartridge 3D release they have in the works.

What I did buy was:
Super Mario Land @ $3.99
Shantae: Risky's Revenge @ $11.99
Mario vs. Donkey Kong™: Minis March Again! @ $7.99

And also got the free Excitebike and Pokedex...

Salazar

I am supposed to copy mods for the Witcher 2 into something called a cookedpc folder.

I don't seem to have one of these, though. Any ideas ?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Salazar said:
I am supposed to copy mods for the Witcher 2 into something called a cookedpc folder.

I don't seem to have one of these, though. Any ideas ?

It should just be in the witcher 2 folder, CookedPC.

It's where all the movies, other assets, dlc is stored. You have to have it.

Shaneus

Anyone see the E3 thing on ACA tonight? I was at my folk's for dinner and it was on :/

Actually pretty good... only MS though, but we got to see in-game footage of Fruit Ninja! Also a brief interview with Phil Larson from Halfbrick.

Madrical

Banned
Vita bought (imported probably).
Sly 4 bought.
inFamous 2 pre-ordered.
Uncharted 3 definitely bought.
R3 bought when it's cheaper.

So far, IMO:
Sony 7/10
MS 4/10 (I'm sure Halo fans would have liked it, but other than third party games (Tomb Raider) and Gears of War, it was rubbish for me.)

Far Cry 3 looks amazing, but the second one is complete shit, so I'm not keeping my hopes up. The animation was out of this world.

Shaneus

Know what E3 trailer I just watched?

PGR4, E3 2007... still stored on my 360

Most impressive thing I've seen in the last 24 hours.

Dead Man

Madrical said:
Yeah OK, I know there's a massive fan brigade out there for it, so I'll correct that and say I didn't enjoy it at all. :p

And I have no idea how anyone else did.
No, stick to your guns. It IS shit, it's just shit that some people enjoyed.

Salazar

Replaying Witcher 2 up to the Kayran - which I still haven't fought. Not looking forward to that sonofabitch.

A bit of stuff has happened differently. Pretty damn satisfying.

Madrical said:
Yeah OK, I know there's a massive fan brigade out there for it, so I'll correct that and say I didn't enjoy it at all. :p

And I have no idea how anyone else did.
Madrical
(Today, 08:40 PM)

Am I doing this right?

Forgot about this. Geelong really isn't a nice place to go drinking sometimes. Also didn't help that the news broadcasters asked people in Geelong how safe they felt at night and three separate people talked about how they have been attacked. Heard plenty of horror stories from people living on residences, there was a good couple of weeks where there was a rape every weekend at one point. Certainly glad I don't go out on Saturday nights any more.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Forgot about this. Geelong really isn't a nice place to go drinking sometimes. Also didn't help that the news broadcasters asked people in Geelong how safe they felt at night and three separate people talked about how they have been attacked. Heard plenty of horror stories from people living on residences, there was a good couple of weeks where there was a rape every weekend at one point. Certainly glad I don't go out on Saturday nights any more.
Certainly have to pick where you go out in Geelong now. Having said that, the most violent place anywhere around here at that time of night is probably the Macca's.

reptilescorpio said:

not to be a dick but that's not a bashing. thats just him being punched. a bashing is when one or more people completely lay into another, leaving them "bashed".

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
It's always the angry little bastards you have to watch out for.

Megadrive said:
not to be a dick but that's not a bashing. thats just him being punched. a bashing is when one or more people completely lay into another, leaving them "bashed".
I don't know, one person can administer a bashing just fine. Any time you have a broken nose, jaw, and eye socket, I would say you got bashed.

I can back up the angry little bastards statement. The bigger dudes generally aren't looking for a fight because they know not many people will mess with them. The little dudes have something to prove.

Shaneus said:
Certainly have to pick where you go out in Geelong now. Having said that, the most violent place anywhere around here at that time of night is probably the Macca's.
Yeah that Maccas is crazy, so glad they have security there all night now. The people that got through there are just insane. All the gangs meet up there before heading up the hill to do their gang attack stuff. Saw one guy in Maccas with his crew and he had a sawn of shotgun sitting on his knee in the booth. Thankfully they only go after other gangs because we were SHITTING ourselves.

Megadrive said:
I can back up the angry little bastards statement. The bigger dudes generally aren't looking for a fight because they know not many people will mess with them. The little dudes have something to prove.
Small penus syndrome.

Shaneus

Rezbit said:
WTF? Guess I won't be going down Geelong anytime soon! I thought Melbourne CBD was bad enough.
Depending on where you go Geelong is generally not that bad. Just stick to the main thoroughfares and you're fine.

Fake edit: I think that's the old me talking. It really has gotten considerably worse over the past year or two, I just rarely see it as I usually hang around in industry areas (DJ booths, VIP etc... it's all about who you know ;) ) in clubs and rarely walk anywhere other than to catch a taxi.

There are some awesome bars (and the odd club) down here that you'd be crazy to miss, just stay out of the majority as they tend to attract some major league douchebags.

Shaneus said:
There are some awesome bars (and the odd club) down here that you'd be crazy to miss, just stay out of the majority as they tend to attract some major league douchebags.
Basically don't go outside after 1am where douchebags hangout. In the club you are fine. Stay in a group. The usual stuff. Saturday nights are the worst. Sunday nights are great.

So, AusGAF, I think I've hit my first real snag in Operation Backlog. A game I don't think I want to finish, in the form of Crackdown. I left it probably 1/2 to 2/3 completed and just picked it up again tonight. I don't suppose there's anything more to the game later on, is there?

Does finally admitting to yourself that you're never going to finish a game clear it from the backlog?

Of course, I realise if a game's not fun, don't play it, and how I deal with my backlog is entirely up to me etc etc.

Yeah I know quite a few middle aged people from Geelong and all of them say its become pretty bad over the past couple of years.

codswallop said:
So, AusGAF, I think I've hit my first real snag in Operation Backlog. A game I don't think I want to finish, in the form of Crackdown. I left it probably 1/2 to 2/3 completed and just picked it up again tonight. I don't suppose there's anything more to the game later on, is there?

Does finally admitting to yourself that you're never going to finish a game clear it from the backlog?

Of course, I realise if a game's not fun, don't play it, and how I deal with my backlog is entirely up to me etc etc.

Yeah I know quite a few middle aged people from Geelong and all of them say its become pretty bad over the past couple of years.

if you want, we can team up every now and then in coop and beat it. my dude is pretty levelled though. but only play it together and you can try put a dint in your other games. i haven't beaten it completely yet

Fredescu

BanShunsaku said:
Been playing the Dungeon Siege III demo (PC). Pretty good, might have to pull the trigger on the Steam preorder deal.
Yeah, I liked it too. The kbm controls are pretty bad and the interface is way too big for a PC game, but otherwise it seems really good. Looking forward to the full release.

So it turns out that I grossly miscalculated when my Internet would go uncapped again. Turns out that when Telstra say "billing period to the 8th of May", they mean you get uncapped on the 9th and not the 8th.

Which means that I'm up at 2am and can't update my 3DS and I can't watch the Nintendo conference live because I currently have 1998 level Internet speeds. All because I decided to download LBP and Wipeout a day or two ago.

Soooooonnnnnnyyyyyyyy!!!!
Teeeeeeelllllllllllllllsssssssssssssstttttttttttrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaa!!!!
>:-(

I RUV U SHIGERU.

edit: 4 swords dsi free download? holy SHIT

i just saw racoon mario. does this mean smb3 remake? edit: nope

holy shit pitt's voice is annoying

edit edit edit edit: at the end of the talk now. fuck me nintendo brought the big guns this year. im actually excited for wiiu.

Ydahs

Man, post Nintendo conference felt like the good ol' GameFAQs days. Some insanely ignorant posts going on.

The Wii U and the controller are interesting to say the least. Love the concept :)

Top Bottom