• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Game Trailers have been really good this year. They've won back some good will from me.

Shaneus

The highs and lows of the Sony OT were amazing. Uncharted 3? BEST CONF EVER. Focussing on Move? WORSE THAN MICROSOFT'S CONF.

Dead Man

GT stream quality has been great, the three talking monkeys... not so much.

Edit:
Kritz said:
Man, Sony killed it. It's nice to see they still give a shit after Microsoft's bullshit casual parade.
Indeed.

Kritz

Banned
jambo said:
What about all the Move bullshit and Kobe?!

It's standard fare for conferences to contain "yo sports" shit, so not too worried about that guy who was on who I don't know.

And, like, they can't not do something on the Move now. As much as it's rubbish, when Microsoft is making the Kinect their main console accessory, Sony can't just ignore it and provide no competition.

---

On a separate note, does anyone know the best course to get my PS3 repaired? Its warranty is fucked, and I'm not really one to enjoy shipping shit back to manufacturers, but will do it if it's the best course. Anyone in TAS know if there's any good local repair shops / hobbyists?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
also iOS5 and iCloud have actually been the highlight of the day for me.

hamchan

PSVita day one. Glorious day, callooh callay!

Sutton Dagger said:
So what sort of price can we expect from the PSVita, they do have to add the 'Sony Tax' to it in Aus?

Same price as 3DS probably.

Fredescu

Any decent games for the Vita yet? It looks awesome, but I don't commute anymore, so unless there are some sweet WRPGs I probably won't bite.

Fredescu said:
Any decent games for the Vita yet? It looks awesome, but I don't commute anymore, so unless there are some sweet WRPGs I probably won't bite.

Only decent game so far looks like Uncharted to me.

So what's everyones fav game shown so far, I'm totally blown away by Battlefield 3, it just looks too damn good. Also Farcry 3 looks amazing.

Whoever posted about the $15 Alan Wake from thehut a few weeks back, thankyou~

It came in the mail today :D ... now I just have to wait till exam are over.

Shaneus

Sutton Dagger said:
So what's everyones fav game shown so far, I'm totally blown away by Battlefield 3, it just looks too damn good. Also Farcry 3 looks amazing.
Forza 4, obv. I love so much, I wanna take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.

Dead Man

Sutton Dagger said:
Only decent game so far looks like Uncharted to me.

No games have really blown me away, the Vita features look pretty good, I guess probably SR3 or Skyrim.

Frawdder

Battlefield 3 and Far Cry 3 stood out to me as games that I will probably play. Although after Far Cry 2, I'm going to be a little cautious on 3.

markot

Banned
Sadly, all they needed to do was deleted the respawning checkpoints, or at least make them respawn on much longer cooldowns, and teh game would have gone from goodish to greatish.

Dead Man

markot said:
Sadly, all they needed to do was deleted the respawning checkpoints, or at least make them respawn on much longer cooldowns, and teh game would have gone from goodish to greatish.
That would have gone a long way to fixing the game, but so would having a couple people that didn't shoot you on sight. How can a whole fucking country know you and want to kill you? It was a stupid situation.

Fredescu

Sutton Dagger said:
I guess Trackmania 2. Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and BF3 I'm only cautiously interested in. The rest looks rubbish. I guess I'm now a grumpy old gamer. It was only a few E3s ago that I remember thinking "THIS IS AMAZING, LOOK AT THIS LONG LIST OF GAMES I AM GOING TO PLAY". I'm fairly sure most of them ended up being crap. I kinda want to dig up that post and find out.

Fredescu said:
I guess Trackmania 2. Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and BF3 I'm only cautiously interested in. The rest looks rubbish. I guess I'm now a grumpy old gamer. It was only a few E3s ago that I remember thinking "THIS IS AMAZING, LOOK AT THIS LONG LIST OF GAMES I AM GOING TO PLAY". I'm fairly sure most of them ended up being crap. I kinda want to dig up that post and find out.
Skyrim looks good but so did oblivion back in the day so hype is on hold for that for me at least. BF3 looks amazing.

Fredescu

Skyrim has potential, but it all looks so soulless, in the same way Oblivion did. I know being Bethesda it will have some awesome side quests, so it's still a Day 1er.

Rezbit

PSV price is great...but where are the games?

Also Battlefield 3...god damn I need to get my new PC, hurry up tax time!

markot said:
They must have done this in a patch. When I played FC2 I never noticed it and wondered why everyone was bitching about it. Great game. Also Clint Hocking is at Lucasarts now so FC3 will probably be fairly different to FC2.

PSVita is a day one purchase at that price. Fantastic technology and the games they have shown off look great. Uncharted and LBP will be instant pickups, maybe even ModNation Racers if I'm not busy with Trackmania 2. Looking forward to seeing what 3rd party games are going to be announced for the Vita over the next few days since they have so many publishers on board.

Shaneus

I'd love to say that I'm going to get a PSV on launch... really would. But chances are we'll get ripped off here, not to mention the fact that I'm fucking terrible with handhelds.

If they break it open and I can homebrew the shit out of it, I'll be sold. That said, it's been a while since I've fired up my PSP :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For me so far i guess the games i'm looking forward too are Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, Far cry 3 looks amazing graphics wise it honestly reminded me of crysis which isn't a bad thing. Christ they are all 3s!

Sly cooper for PS3 as well, They were great games on the PS2.

Sesame street kinect, for the obvious reasons :D

NFS the run looks like it could be interesting but it feels like they have gone and fucked it up by dicking around with the on foot segments. I wasn't a fan of those at all from what was shown.

Nintendo i will watch out of curiosity but their games haven't interested me in years, So i can't see anything being announced that will make me go WOO HOO.

So far this e3 hasn't been amazing. I haven't caught up with everything yet though so who knows, There could be some hidden gems over the next few days.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the PSV is a slick device, but as always there is no chance of me being there at launch. There isn't really a killer-app yet. Really impressive device sophistication versus price ratio, though, that's for sure.

So is there anywhere I can find a list of what will be available on the eShop when I dust off my 3DS tonight?

I'm sure the list is short and uninspiring

Shaneus said:
Australian dollar > US dollar
Australian price > US price

Does not compute.
Said this in the other thread but it's the same for nearly everything gaming related so no real reason to single this out, and If that is including GST where the US price isn't including tax the difference won't be that big.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Omi said:
MS + Sony both are underwhelming.

Best things I have seen so far are BF3 and maybe Rayman Origins.
But Rayman Origins looks SO GOOD

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Fredescu said:
There might be some good carrier deals for the 3G version.
I expect the iPad pricing model to be adapted wholesale.

Salazar

Witcher 2 continues to be great.

I'm in Flotsam - three of the paths are still locked. So I don't have Yrdem. What do I do ?

Fredescu

Rez said:
I expect the iPad pricing model to be adapted wholesale.
Which is what exactly? There aren't any carrier deals for that are there?

If I'm reading it correctly, you can get the Xperia play fairly heavily subsidised. http://www.telstra.com.au/latest_offers/xperia-play/?ti=TR:TR:June11:seplay:MOBindex:642x140#pricing

With a $59/month plan, you pay $25/month for the device, which is a chunky saving over the outright cost. It is a phone though. The discounts won't be quite as good for a non phone I'm sure, plus whatever plan you go on is probably of dubious utility.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wait, are we talking about the Vita 3G?

you don't subscribe or anything, you buy prepaid 3G data that expires after a set amount of time. It's roughly $20 for a couple of GB to use in a month, or something? I'd be more specific if I wasn't so lazy.

r1chard

Those complaining about the PSV price just be thankful you're not in Europe (or Japan, but mostly Europe).

US: US$299US$249
Australia: AU$338 -> US$361
Europe: €249 -> US$363
Japan: ¥24,980 -> US$311

Edit: ok, I missed that the Aussie one mentioned was the wifi version. Mere taxes can't explain the difference. They suck :)

Fredescu

Rez said:
you don't subscribe or anything, you buy prepaid 3G data that expires after a set amount of time. It's roughly $20 for a couple of GB to use in a month, or something? I'd be more specific if I wasn't so lazy.
Surely this would be country specific, no? Or does it use Magic like the Kindle 3G does?

Deeku

BanShunsaku said:
So is there anywhere I can find a list of what will be available on the eShop when I dust off my 3DS tonight?

I'm sure the list is short and uninspiring
Just dusted mine off too. Pretty dusty!

Downloading the free excite bike and pokedex.

Top Bottom