• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Gazunta

So I wonder how much it would cost to get someone to do a custom Wordpress / Comicpress design / installation for me...

Dead Man

Ventron said:

R 18+ - RESTRICTED
Impact test

The impact of material classified R 18+ should not exceed high.

Note: Material classified R 18+ is legally restricted to adults. Some material classified R 18+ may be offensive to sections of the adult community.

Classifiable elements

THEMES
There are virtually no restrictions on the treatment of themes.

VIOLENCE
Violence is permitted except where it offends against the standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable adults to the extent that it should not be classified.

Sexual violence may be implied, if justified by context.

SEX
Sexual activity may be realistically simulated. The general rule is
“simulation, yes – the real thing, no”.

LANGUAGE
There are virtually no restrictions on language.

DRUG USE
Drug use is permitted.

NUDITY
Nudity is permitted.

Note: Some of the terms used in this category are defined in the List of Terms at the end of these Guidelines.
Generally pretty happy with that.

RC  REFUSED CLASSIFICATION

Note: Computer games that exceed the R 18+ classification category will be Refused Classification.

Computer games will be refused classification if they include or contain any of the following:

CRIME OR VIOLENCE
Detailed instruction or promotion in matters of crime or violence.

The promotion or provision of instruction in paedophile activity.

Descriptions or depictions of child sexual abuse or any other exploitative or offensive descriptions or depictions involving a person who is, or appears to be, a child under 18 years.

Gratuitous, exploitative or offensive depictions of:

(i) violence with a very high degree of impact or which are excessively frequent, prolonged or detailed;
(ii) cruelty or real violence which are very detailed or which have a high impact;
(iii) sexual violence.

Sexual violence related to incentives and rewards.

SEX
Depictions of practices such as bestiality.

Gratuitous, exploitative or offensive depictions of:

(i) activity accompanied by fetishes or practices which are offensive or abhorrent;
(ii) incest fantasies or other fantasies which are offensive or abhorrent.

DRUG USE
Detailed instruction in the use of proscribed drugs.

Material promoting or encouraging proscribed drug use.
As a general rule, computer games will also be Refused Classification if they contain:
(i) drug use related to incentives or rewards;
(ii) interactive drug use which is detailed and realistic.

Note: Some of the terms used in this category are defined in the List of Terms at the end of these Guidelines.
Also generally pretty happy with that, except for the weird way they treat drug use. Still a bit weird that it is seen as such a problem. With the wording they have, medical applications of prescription drugs could still be RC. :?

Clipper

In case anybody with a PS3 was unaware, Beyond Good & Evil HD hit the Euro and Aussie PS3 stores this morning. You can get 20% off (making it about AU$20 on the Aussie store) with the free Playstation Plus subscription from the Welcome Back offer. I couldn't wait for it to come to the US store (plus, I need my US friend to buy me some more vouchers), so I accepted the PS Plus thing and bought in this morning.

Don't worry about PS Plus expiring either. Discounted software is yours to keep forever. It's only the free stuff that has time limits.

It'll probably be cheaper on the US store, but we don't know when it's coming there just yet.

Looking forward to playing such a great game again...

Dead Man

Clipper said:
In case anybody with a PS3 was unaware, Beyond Good & Evil HD hit the Euro and Aussie PS3 stores this morning. You can get 20% off (making it about AU$20 on the Aussie store) with the free Playstation Plus subscription from the Welcome Back offer. I couldn't wait for it to come to the US store (plus, I need my US friend to buy me some more vouchers), so I accepted the PS Plus thing and bought in this morning.

Don't worry about PS Plus expiring either. Discounted software is yours to keep forever. It's only the free stuff that has time limits.

It'll probably be cheaper on the US store, but we don't know when it's coming there just yet.

Looking forward to playing such a great game again...
Never played it, have to grab that for sure.

jambo

I don't know if it's ever happened before, but we may have to have someone removed from the AusGAF community and maybe even NeoGAF as a whole

Exhibit A:
marsh-1.png

bodyboarder said:
Not to upset you, but I had no idea who he was until I just googled him.

2nd ing this. I don't really know people in industry.

I couldn't even name heads on companies or developers etc.

only name i really know is bill roper because of all the internet crap he gets.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I know who Carmack is, but I hate every single thing he ever did that wasn't Commander Keen. I'll start listening when he announces another one of those.

Commander keen was 1st game and series i ever played until i got a pc upgrade that let me play the warcraft series.(this took 3 years of bugging parents mind you)

Point being i loved it and therefore should be pardoned for lack of knowledge of game designer.

jambo

Hmm, I don't think I could kick out someone who loves Keen. It is after all, the bomb.

This reminds of a time at work when I was explaining to one of the secretaries what a trojan was. She was nodding along, but then asked why they used the name trojan. I said "it's from the old Greek Trojan Horse story, with the men hiding inside the wooden horse." She looked at me blankly and said "the only trojan I've ever heard of is the condom."

There aren't enough face palms in the world.

YAY work is flying me to Sydney and so i shall meet all SydGaffers that would like to come out for a drink.

ill be there on the nights of 15/16th June, clipper is going to help organize.

EDIT: If u come it is likely u will get a free beer.

hamchan

Oh Marshmellow...

*shakes head*

Anyways, that Japanese dude at the start of the Nintendo press conference, the one who was all smiles and was miming opening treasure boxes... Who the heck was he?

hamchan

Shaneus said:
Hey AusGAF, looks like Vita is region-free! Once it launches, I'll be waiting to see how it goes with warranty and reliability, but I suspect importing may be the best way to go for most of us.

Another positive for the Vita. It's like Sony is doing everything right with the thing, it's crazy. I'm actually hoping the Vita will be super successful now.

Clipper

jambo said:
Sony are doing everything right with the Vita, cannot wait for the launch!
hamchan said:
Another positive for the Vita. It's like Sony is doing everything right with the thing, it's crazy. I'm actually hoping the Vita will be super successful now.
Locking the 3G model to AT&T is not doing it right...

jambo

Yeah the whole locking it to a single carrier isn't a good move. Will be interesting to see what happens in Aus. I'm hoping for an unlocked device so I can use whatever SIM I want.

jambo

Tbh I'm not sure that I'll get the 3G Vita. I've already got 3G on my iPhone and Galaxy Tab, and my 3DS has been doing fine with WiFi only. Plus there's WiFi all over Adelaide, including the café next door to our building.

Gonna wait until EB, JB and DSE show prices, then decide on importing or buying locally. Who know, we could strike gold again like with the DSE deal.

Top Bottom