• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Clipper

For the new page, SydGAF is possibly uniting again :p. Register interest here. Last time, evlcookie was visiting, this time it's Marshmellow :).

Also, if you do end up doing it on the Origin night Wednesday, I'll be barracking for the maroons to trounce you filthy Cockroaches...

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
Hey AusGAF, looks like Vita is region-free! Once it launches, I'll be waiting to see how it goes with warranty and reliability, but I suspect importing may be the best way to go for most of us.
Sweet. I think this may be my first handheld since...

SKY ATTACK 3D
Tomy-SkyAttackJap.jpg

That bad boy ruled the playground.

Tomy-3DSkyAttackDisplay.jpg

Clipper said:
Locking the 3G model to AT&T is not doing it right...
No, but I think I would prefer the wifi model anyway.

jambo said:
Gonna wait until EB, JB and DSE show prices, then decide on importing or buying locally. Who know, we could strike gold again like with the DSE deal.

Yeah, I'm going to wait for local pricing as well. Though pre-ordering on amazon couldn't hurt.

jambo

bodyboarder said:
Yeah, I'm going to wait for local pricing as well. Though pre-ordering on amazon couldn't hurt.

I did the same with the 3DS, it's incredibly easy to cancel pre-orders on Amazon.

el_rezzo

Neo Member
Marshmellow said:
Point being i loved it and therefore should be pardoned for lack of knowledge of game designer.
You should watch this video just to see why he is so important. Great guy, he even works on rockets as a hobby. Total boss.

Rezbit said:
When is MELGAF gonna hook up?
Yeah I would be up for a meetup.

Edit: BALLS. Not sure why but this profile booted up when I jumped onto Gaf. Join Date: 06-16-2009. I could have had a profile all this time? Wonder why I never got a confirmation email?

Saw this post in the BF3 livestream thread,
I'm so angry at these guys right now. Like I can't explain it to you how angry I am. Perhaps I could but I shouldn't. Ok I will. This makes me so angry that I feel like taking a sheet of paper, applying it to my penis, and then giving it a paper cut across my penis hole....the long way. That's how I feel.
Really entertaining thread. I just want to see the damn MP.

St Kilda school girl just keeps getting press. Seriously. Stop guys. The 7pm Project thing was awful, especially since they aired that stupid reversal afterwards. Great! Keep her in the spotlight! This is what she wants. Just let it die out.

I think we were waiting for the Mana Bar opening in Melbourne. Which we're still waiting for.

Hey SydGAF, tell me some good bars in and near the CBD. And good restaurants that I'll be able to get reservations for this weekend.

Shaneus

I thought I was, but that looks like it scratches that itch... not too hardcore but plenty of things to shoot. Reminds me of Mars Matrix. The idea that it's set on Mars colonised by the British in the 1600s makes it even more awesome.

MrSerrels

Dead Man said:
Sweet. I think this may be my first handheld since...

SKY ATTACK 3D
Tomy-SkyAttackJap.jpg

That bad boy ruled the playground.

Tomy-3DSkyAttackDisplay.jpg

Dude, you just gave me the weirdest erection I think I've ever had in my life. Congratulations.

Gazunta said:
creepyserrelsgif.gif

OK guys can you stop me buying games from The Hut I'm trying to save up for a studio space
Why only buy from The Hut? GameCafe can show you the cheapest price for ANY game anywhere!

Also lookout for a brand new SteamSale near you! Everyday!

TwiztidElf

A guy I know in Brisbane will be offloading an epic amount of retro stuff in the near future.
He has what I would regard as one of the best collections of retro video game gear in Australia, particularly C64 and Amiga stuff.

I'll get his ebay nick and post back.

There are about 35 big plastic containers of stuff. Yup, thats a stack of working Amigas in one of the boxes. And he has 3 working Vectrex machines that will be going.

More pics here:
http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8850

r757hl.jpg

6h84ns.jpg

2edmakk.jpg

wthi4z.jpg

Aon

Shaneus said:

I have been playing this all day. It's really quite a lot of fun, especially for someone who's never played a bullet hell before. Finished all the levels so far on the third difficulty level and I totally reckon I can go all the way. Great music, charming visuals and so very satisfying to play.

Gazunta

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU BASTARDS ARE GONNA SEND ME BROKE

TwiztidElf I am interested...even though I probably have most of it already :p

Mar

Clipper said:
For the new page, SydGAF is possibly uniting again :p. Register interest here. Last time, evlcookie was visiting, this time it's Marshmellow :).

Also, if you do end up doing it on the Origin night Wednesday, I'll be barracking for the maroons to trounce you filthy Cockroaches...

Strange coincidence. I was just about to post that we should arrange the next sydgaf soon. Serrels just tweeted to me that he wouldn't miss it... So he can't go back on his word right?

I'm in.

TwiztidElf said:
A guy I know in Brisbane will be offloading an epic amount of retro stuff in the near future.
He has what I would regard as one of the best collections of retro video game gear in Australia, particularly C64 and Amiga stuff.

I'll get his ebay nick and post back.

There are about 35 big plastic containers of stuff. Yup, thats a stack of working Amigas in one of the boxes. And he has 3 working Vectrex machines that will be going.

More pics here:

Like gaz, I am also interested. Though I think you under estimate the power of the ausgaf retro crew.

Dead Man

MrSerrels said:
Dude, you just gave me the weirdest erection I think I've ever had in my life. Congratulations.
You're welcome :)

Shaneus said:
I thought I was, but that looks like it scratches that itch... not too hardcore but plenty of things to shoot. Reminds me of Mars Matrix. The idea that it's set on Mars colonised by the British in the 1600s makes it even more awesome.
Well shit, I might have to give it a go then.

Danoss

Clipper said:

I'll be at the game, slinging shit at the filthy Cane Toads. Looks like there'll be 80 thousand strong at ANZ with me. God it's going to be deafening, I can't wait.

GO THE BLUES!

Hmmmmm... Vita (despite its name) is sounding veeeeery tempting. If I were to get one, it would be my first handheld since this thing:

835.jpg

Which I still have, somewhere.

Damn you, Sony!! I don't have the time nor the opportunity to play your handheld. Why must you tempt me so?

Shaneus

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit
(Crackdown 2, $14 shipped from OzGameShop)

I mean, it's obviously not amazing compared to the first one, but for the price of a large pizza... why not?

PS. Still not sold on Forza 4? One of the photo locations is the UK Top Gear studio! So much win.

PPS. Anyone know the date/price Child of Eden for 360 here? OzGameShop are shipping on the 17th for $50, but can't see if anywhere's selling it earlier.

What's with these amazing deals lately? Tempted to grab Crackdown 2 for that price. Very tempted indeed.

My girlfriend met 5 years ago today and I just bought a daily train ticket. Upon getting the change for the 40c I needed change for, there already was or the machine spat out (not sure had my headphones on) about $8 in $2 coins.

Today looks to be awesome.

Or I'm taking vks' luck. Sorry dude!

Heads up for those not wanting to get screwed by Steam regional pricing... I just bought Duke Nukem Forever for $35 AUD on greenmangaming.com

Never used them before but got my Steam key instantly, downloading now.

I wasn't going to buy it for full price but I'm sure there will be $35 worth of nostalgia!

EDIT: Re SydGAF meetup, unfortunately I have a State of Origin shindig on Wednesday and I'll be out of town on Thursday... Sucks cos I missed out on all the chloroform and shenanigans last time as well :(

Megadrive said:
What's with these amazing deals lately? Tempted to grab Crackdown 2 for that price. Very tempted indeed.

My girlfriend met 5 years ago today and I just bought a daily train ticket. Upon getting the change for the 40c I needed change for, there already was or the machine spat out (not sure had my headphones on) about $8 in $2 coins.

Today looks to be awesome.

Or I'm taking vks' luck. Sorry dude!
So you should be :p

Clipper

SydGAF... Unfortunately, Marsh's trip has been postponed so he wouldn't actually be able to be our catalyst for SydGAF 2 for a little while yet. However, jambo is actually with us over the long weekend, so I changed the dates to match those. Please register again if you haven't yet, or register now if you didn't see it earlier.

Yes, it is short notice, but it's Friday and we need a reason to look forward to the weekend...

Top Bottom