• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
so ourbrisbane.com is shutting down soon.

what's another good source of information on upcoming events, festivals, concerts, markets etc. in Brisbane?

Clipper

For the new page... SydGAF, Marsh's trip got postponed so we are going to try to shift to this weekend instead as jambo is here (and we haven't told jambo yet, so lol).

Come on and celebrate the Mr. Syd Gaf Jr. event, but let us know ASAP which day you prefer so we can get some sort of organisation going if possible.

Click here to register interest.

Saboteur is awesome (apparently slightly better on PS3 if you're that anal) if you liked games like Crackdown, Just Cause 2, Red Faction Guerrilla. for $20- get it now.

I might finally bite on Beatles Rock Band for $15

Probably less awesome but I just picked up a copy of Duke Nukem. My expectations are in check so I'm hoping for a good, fun time of watching my wife walk past the TV with her jaw dropped...

"Did he just pick up that turd?"

Have to go now to pick up a (newly) one-eyed cat from the vet and have him look at me all the way home. "why, I though we were friends?"

Must resist urge to rename him either Cyclops, Hugh Borg or Rooster Cogburn.

Danoss

ClivePwned said:
Have to go now to pick up a (newly) one-eyed cat from the vet and have him look at me all the way home. "why, I though we were friends?"

I know! Emilio Largo.

idmMvW.gif

If not, call him the Eye of Sauron.

Shaneus

ClivePwned said:

Kang or Kodos would be better.

DualShadow said:
Cheapest place to buy a wired 360 controller?

They are actually really hard to find and still quite expensive. I got my from my local Game store about 3 weeks ago, it was $39, down from $59. Call up your local Game store and check.

Danoss

BanShunsaku said:
Already have plans for this long weekend unfortunately, I swear I am never meant to go to one of these things :(
It's no coincidence. :p

I doubt I'll be there on the weekend thingy, so have fun all that do. Hopefully, I'll make the next one.

Scrow said:
so ourbrisbane.com is shutting down soon.

what's another good source of information on upcoming events, festivals, concerts, markets etc. in Brisbane?

Local papers? I never really used ourbrisbane anyway.

Danoss said:
It's no coincidence. :p

I doubt I'll be there on the weekend thingy, so have fun all that do. Hopefully, I'll make the next one.

Never got to chat about the NSW team for game two. What do you think? Strengths and Weaknesses etc? Thoughts on players brought in for game two?

jambo

BanShunsaku said:

Man I love that GIF :lol

Clipper said:
SydGAF... Unfortunately, Marsh's trip has been postponed so he wouldn't actually be able to be our catalyst for SydGAF 2 for a little while yet. However, jambo is actually with us over the long weekend, so I changed the dates to match those. Please register again if you haven't yet, or register now if you didn't see it earlier.

Yes, it is short notice, but it's Friday and we need a reason to look forward to the weekend...

I'm over to see family, so I'm not exactly sure when I'll be free to have a pint. I think Monday would be best, but I'll try and find out soon and let you guys know!

So Kinect still doesn't have voice support for us right (when the hell is it happening)? How are they able to sell Mass Effect 3 to us with the 'Better with Kinect" advertising when we can't even use its features? Has anything been said about voice support for Aus customers coming soon?

ClivePwned said:
Saboteur is awesome (apparently slightly better on PS3 if you're that anal) if you liked games like Crackdown, Just Cause 2, Red Faction Guerrilla. for $20- get it now.
Agreed, loved Saboteur. Best game Pandemic made, so disappointed EA canned them.

DualShadow said:
Cheapest place to buy a wired 360 controller?
They are super cheap on ebay. Buying a knockoff version that was recommended to me for $16. Ebgames has them for $15 if a store near you has any stock left.

Choc said:
exhausted.
Bring back lots of swag!

Kritz said:
Now I want a large pizza.
After 2 years of not being able to stomach the idea of pizza we grab 2 last night and they were DELICIOUS. So good.

Sutton Dagger said:
Has anything been said about voice support for Aus customers coming soon?
Convicts don't deserve voice support.

Shaneus said:
I love that people are pimping OzGameShop now. My work is done! Fuck buying local price. Picked up Crackdown 2 late last year for ten pounds pre-owned when GAME.co.uk had a big sale. Not as good as the first but still good mindless fun. Podcast game.

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
it was colder in Brisbane than Melbourne yesterday. =/ Cannot believe how bloody cold it is.

Gold Coast is cold too.

Joining the Alpha Protocol caravan of hype today.

Anybody indicate what patch I need ?

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I love that people are pimping OzGameShop now. My work is done! Fuck buying local price. Picked up Crackdown 2 late last year for ten pounds pre-owned when GAME.co.uk had a big sale. Not as good as the first but still good mindless fun. Podcast game.
Eh, I've been onto them for *ages*, prior to that I was always ordering shit from The Hut, Zavvi and whatever OGSs UK parent was. Importing is the shit, it really is. Combining that with the Steam gifting thread, RRP is redundant.

Fredescu

reptilescorpio said:
I love that people are pimping OzGameShop now. My work is done!
AusGAF was built on importing. We sort of went CD Wow, to Zavvi, and then to OzGameShop. It was a bargains thread that lead to the birth of the first AusGAF thread in fact.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
AusGAF was built on importing. We sort of went CD Wow, to Zavvi, and then to OzGameShop. It was a bargains thread that lead to the birth of the first AusGAF thread in fact.

Just ordered my first 2 items from OzGameShop. Justifying it to the wife by including a game for her. :D

That'll work right?

Madrical

Banned
Fredescu said:
I'm unsure as to why I didn't use Ozgameshop to import Mortal Kombat, I opted for eBay instead for some stupid reason; still hasn't arrived.

I feel like whenever I post in this thread I'm asking a question. Nonetheless: anyone know if the limited edition of Dark Souls is exclusive to EB? I guess only an employee could answer that really.. I've googled it and there is no mention of it, but I had it pre-ordered there and then canceled because I remembered why I don't like EB when I picked up my Hero Edition of inFamous 2, and pre-ordered at GAME. However the dude there said they didn't have the limited edition in their registry. So not sure what the deal is. Usually EB Games usually pump up the fact that it's "ONLY AVAILABLE AT EB GAMES!". Same deal with Mass Effect 3 CE, although I think even EB don't have it in their registry yet since it was only just announced.

Also, bought a Razer Blackwidow keyboard, R.A.T 9 mouse and 7.1 headphones for gaming this week. Fracking love them all, especially the RAT. It's so incredibly smooth and feels awesome. Only problem is one of the batteries I think is dead ): Oh wellz.

Madrical said:
I feel like whenever I post in this thread I'm asking a question. Nonetheless: anyone know if the limited edition of Dark Souls is exclusive to EB?.

Same here! *Name-quote*

Anyway, if you don't mind waiting, you should preorder Dark Souls from www.dvd.co.uk. Coupled with it's cheaper price and removal of VAT once you checkout, it should come down to just under AUD52 for the Limited Edition :D

Madrical

Banned
OneMoreQuestion said:
Same here! *Name-quote*

Anyway, if you don't mind waiting, you should preorder Dark Souls from www.dvd.co.uk. Coupled with it's cheaper price and removal of VAT once you checkout, it should come down to just under AUD52 for the Limited Edition :D
Thanks for the heads up, might have a look. Kinda do mind waiting though :p Usually I don't care but I'm so damn hyped for this game! Also noticed that both EB and that website advertise the LE, whereas the GAME website doesn't. Hmm.

Omikron

Salazar said:
Grazie.

Trying now. Really quite keen to get playing it. I'm taking a break from TW2 and wraiths.

Edit: Nope. I already had newer physX stuff than that. The game is fucking with me by rejecting the licence key, and the patch is fucking with me by insisting I don't have something that I do have.

Pcgaming.

:embarrassed face:

BanShunsaku said:
I was into ozgameshop when they were called 365games and the eBay store was the only way to buy from them!
Man, the really old 365games web 1.0 layout looked so dodgy in the beginning. Always felt like I was dealing with black market traders or something. I think that made it even MORE enjoyable.

Madrical said:
I'm unsure as to why I didn't use Ozgameshop to import Mortal Kombat, I opted for eBay instead for some stupid reason; still hasn't arrived.

nyone know if the limited edition of Dark Souls is exclusive to EB?
OzGameShop didn't originally have Mortal Kombat available since it is an Australian focused store and would attract attention. All I know about Dark Souls is that I am importing from the UK. Maybe Zavvi? Someone got the Duke CE really cheap from HMV so maybe they are worth a look too?

Omi said:
Just ordered my first 2 items from OzGameShop. Justifying it to the wife by including a game for her. :D
That'll work right?
Singstar Dance and Moto GP 10/11 say yes.

Salazar said:
Katich is salty indeed.
With good reason in my opinion. Openers in the past have been given a LOT more leeway than he ever got. Still, gotta look to the future I guess.

Fredescu

There are different Alpha Protocol patches for each region. If you try to install the wrong one, you'll get an error (I don't know if its the one you're getting). Make sure you have the right patch.

Mar

Clipper said:
For the new page... SydGAF, Marsh's trip got postponed so we are going to try to shift to this weekend instead as jambo is here (and we haven't told jambo yet, so lol).

Come on and celebrate the Mr. Syd Gaf Jr. event, but let us know ASAP which day you prefer so we can get some sort of organisation going if possible.

Click here to register interest.

As much as I'd like to, I doubt I can attend this weekend. Enjoy a beer or 5 on me!

Salazar

Fredescu said:
There are different Alpha Protocol patches for each region. If you try to install the wrong one, you'll get an error (I don't know if its the one you're getting). Make sure you have the right patch.

Yeah, I looked at the SEGA site but their pages for both EU and US patches are down, as is the activation page.

= win.

I'll keep trying with others, but it's hard to feel optimism.

Salazar

I have the APGame.exe from the patch.

I'm in the config thing of AP, and I read that I am supposed to swap in the patch's APgame.exe for the APGame already there.

Is that right ?

Edit: Ugh, it still says PhysXExtensions.dll is missing.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
With good reason in my opinion. Openers in the past have been given a LOT more leeway than he ever got. Still, gotta look to the future I guess.
With very good reason. There are other players that should be dropped for younger players before Katich.

Clipper

Looks like we might be postponing SydGaf 2 for later, unless some others come out of the woodwork suddenly. I guess it's just a bad weekend for it. jambo, if you do find some spare time, let us know and we'll still catch up or something.

Danoss

Sutton Dagger said:
Never got to chat about the NSW team for game two. What do you think? Strengths and Weaknesses etc? Thoughts on players brought in for game two?
I was shocked that Hayne wasn't picked initially and thought it was a good thing, which it turned out to be. His subsequent performances for the Eels have been nothing short of great. Having him back in the side is nothing but a good thing, especially since he replaces Brett Morris, as he is woeful and was never an Origin winger.

As for the other choices, it's tough. NSW has so many options that are injured, so I think Stuart is making the best out of what he has. A lot of the things he's done seem at odds with what he originally said (many out of position players, not looking to the future), but again, his options are kind of limited.

I think if the Blues can limit the impact of the Maroons forward pack, they will be looking good. On top of that, if our smaller forward pack can compete (they really can't do worse than they did last time), then our backline can do some serious damage to them.

I'm picking Hoppa to slide to wing, Hayne to come infield and do what Soward and Pearce aren't capable of: putting on a great play. Soward is a good organiser, can kick but sucks at setting much up. Pearce can't kick and haven't noticed much else about him, 'cause he's ordinary.

I will say, it's going to be interesting.

Kritz

Banned
So I want to buy a new monitor.

Something that pulls 1080p, probably 24", has to have both DVI and HDMI ports. I'm not interested in 3D mostly because it's balls expensive, and I have a 5850 so I can't get the cool nvidia 3D stuff.

Looking at PCCG, this ASUS monitor is $225 (not including shipping, which puts the total up to $265).

Any better suggestions?

EDIT: 24"... not 14. :D

Top Bottom