• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus

Only just kicking in that we're coming into a long weekend. Kinda excited, but hopefully I'll be inspired to do more than just sit on my arse and work through my backlog.

Gazunta said:
Fuck you BanShunsaku, FUCK YOU

Am I doing it right?
I'd much prefer to be told to get fucked than to have snide "jokes" aimed at me.

Anyway, I'm off home to throw some faeces around the bathroom.
I might play some Duke Nukem as well

Shaneus

Anyone want to tell me about Dark Souls... or Demon's Souls for that matter? Kept cropping up in the GotS thread for E3.

Actually, quick poll of AusGAF: E3 GotS? Rather get opinions of people I "know" rather than randoms who go out of their way to post in that thread.

Personally? Forza 4 (duh) and Saint's Row 3. Oh, Wipeout 2048, too.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
Given the Origin talk here, I was inspired to make a few slight tweaks to my avatar...

you are no longer cool :mad:

EDIT: Also i just read DOA Dimensions is being reclassified in aus

what the fuck

if they bow to swedens bullshit, then we have lost the plot. I have the game, ITS NO WHERE NEAR WHAT SWEDEN THINKS IT IS

Saw a student getting lead out of the exam area today by 2 security guards towards the security office. Congratulations mate, you are expelled! Good luck getting into another uni!

$39 for Skyrim? Sure why not.

RAGE pushed back to October 4th. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF RAGE.

Also screw you Karnivool. Damn trolls. They were on Triple J talking to the Doctor about the 2 new songs they have been playing live, which both have different tunings.

Doctor: So when are you going to be recording these new songs so we can hear them?
Drew & Ian: [massive pause] We have talked about recording. Maybe at the end of the year? I dunno. Maybe next year?

Goddamn trolls.

Enjoyed this thread. Hopefully CVG finally get banned so we don't have to keep having these bullshit rumours pop up.

Shaneus said:
Anyone want to tell me about Dark Souls... or Demon's Souls for that matter? Kept cropping up in the GotS thread for E3.

Actually, quick poll of AusGAF: E3 GotS? Rather get opinions of people I "know" rather than randoms who go out of their way to post in that thread.

Just go ahead and buy Demons Souls for $24. Also pre-order Dark Souls CE for $56. You will like it even if you don't.

Loved Wipeout and Uncharted Vita but Prey 2 takes the cake for me. I get to play out all my Rick Deckard fantasies. Hope there are unicorns to take down.

Dead Man said:
With very good reason. There are other players that should be dropped for younger players before Katich.
Good decisions and Cricket Australia are mutually exclusive. This quote is exactly what I was thinking (with bold added for emphasis),
To be given the reason that it's because the opening partnership needs to bed down for 2013, when I know for a fact that Watto and I have thoroughly enjoyed opening together, and it's been one of the bright spots of our team in the last two years, I find it very hard to believe that [a new partnership needs to come in].

Shaneus said:
Only just kicking in that we're coming into a long weekend. Kinda excited, but hopefully I'll be inspired to do more than just sit on my arse and work through my backlog.
Don't worry! Microsoft has you covered! Kinect up your lounge room!

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
Choc how long was the line to play Happy Feet 2 (in miles)?

haha, it was the same as Wii U mate, 5 hrs wait

that said, i did see it, looks pretty cool for a kids game :) u guys do good stuff

Danoss

Kritz said:
So I want to buy a new monitor.

Something that pulls 1080p, probably 24", has to have both DVI and HDMI ports. I'm not interested in 3D mostly because it's balls expensive, and I have a 5850 so I can't get the cool nvidia 3D stuff.

Looking at PCCG, this ASUS monitor is $225 (not including shipping, which puts the total up to $265).

Any better suggestions?

EDIT: 24"... not 14. :D
If you didn't need HDMI, I would say, get this one. A Dell U2311H IPS monitor. I have 2 (though need a new desk to set up the other) and it's seriously awesome.

Alas, no HDMI.

Danoss

Clipper said:
Given the Origin talk here, I was inspired to make a few slight tweaks to my avatar...
Also, I wish I could con Gaz into drawing a cockroach wearing a NSW Blues jersey, so I could have an Origin Gazatar.

Gaz! Mate!?

:(

Just a quick question about OzGameShop. Have never used them before but how quick do new release games tend to take for them to ship/arrive?

Jintor

Shaneus said:

If Hitman had had any gameplay or public presence I would have subbed them straight in

Kritz said:
So I want to buy a new monitor.

Something that pulls 1080p, probably 24", has to have both DVI and HDMI ports. I'm not interested in 3D mostly because it's balls expensive, and I have a 5850 so I can't get the cool nvidia 3D stuff.

Looking at PCCG, this ASUS monitor is $225 (not including shipping, which puts the total up to $265).

Any better suggestions?

EDIT: 24"... not 14. :D

I don't know anything but I've heard IPS > TFT. I couldn't find anything about either in that link so is to safe to assume it would be TFT?

Salazar

Huh. The game director for Space Marine worked on Far Cry 3 for a year before switching projects. Says it is enormously different from when he was on it; was taken aback by what he saw at E3.

Going to try the uninstall PhysX drivers - install older ones method to get Alpha Protocol up.

How to go about this ? Apart from going to Uninstall Program and selecting the NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.10.0514 ?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sal, where did u get alpha from? A dd store or retail, if dd which one.

Also if your playing all these pc games, y no steam chat!

Kritz

Banned
Danoss said:
If you didn't need HDMI, I would say, get this one. A Dell U2311H IPS monitor. I have 2 (though need a new desk to set up the other) and it's seriously awesome.

Alas, no HDMI.

Mmm, but I super want HDMI. The only reason I want the monitor is to hook consoles up to it when not using it for PC gaming.

roosters93 said:
I don't know anything but I've heard IPS > TFT. I couldn't find anything about either in that link so is to safe to assume it would be TFT?

I have no god damn idea what IPS / TFT are. Looking at the site, the IPS model is like $700.

I'm so out of touch. When did LED become a thing? Shouldn't LED stick to lighting my binary clock and telling me if I have capslock turned on?

Salazar

Still no work.

Still says PhysXExtensions.dll is missing.

I do a search, and PhysXExtensions.dll comes up in C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Alpha Protocol\Binaries

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Salazar said:
Retail - JB.

I would only jank up Steam Chat with bitching about Y GAMES NO RUN.
Make sure it's the retail patch then. I know I got mine from d2d and I had to use the patch from there, otherwise it just wouldn't boot.

I think the 1.1 patch removes activation, if all else fails just find the 1.1 crack and try that. Should give you a non fucked exe.

Kritz, ips will give you better colour representation over TFT, but it may have more latency which could bring on ghosting. That's my knowledge of it although I haven't followed it in a few years, ips could be perfectly fine these days for gaming.

markot

Banned
news_obsidian_logo1.png

Went to pay for coffee in town and the $10 I had is gone. Some fucker at work is walking around with my $10. Shouldn't be so trusting, time to start leaving it in a locked draw. It would have been a contractor who saw my bag sitting in the breakroom. Bleh. Also all this talk about cheap games made my trip to jb hifi uneventful. Nice work guys.

Salazar

Huh.

It upgraded to 1.1, so the patch worked.

But now I just get "Alpha Protocol has stopped working".

Reinstalling and repatching.

Ydahs

This knee keeps getting worse. Sharp pain in the knee whenever I bend it. Hope it 'fixes' itself like it has before, but it's getting worse :(

Kritz

Banned
evlcookie said:
Make sure it's the retail patch then. I know I got mine from d2d and I had to use the patch from there, otherwise it just wouldn't boot.

I think the 1.1 patch removes activation, if all else fails just find the 1.1 crack and try that. Should give you a non fucked exe.

Kritz, ips will give you better colour representation over TFT, but it may have more latency which could bring on ghosting. That's my knowledge of it although I haven't followed it in a few years, ips could be perfectly fine these days for gaming.

I'll give it the weekend to think it over.

I also want to get another PS3 at some point, although I think the E3 hype is wearing off on me. I still gotta play some Infamous, LA Noire, Uncharted 3 and ICO / SotC, though. So I will get one eventually.

While I'm on the forums, anyone know the cheapest place to get a PS3? Retail has them for like $400-500.

Jintor

Salazar said:
Huh. The game director for Space Marine worked on Far Cry 3 for a year before switching projects. Says it is enormously different from when he was on it; was taken aback by what he saw at E3.

Going to try the uninstall PhysX drivers - install older ones method to get Alpha Protocol up.

How to go about this ? Apart from going to Uninstall Program and selecting the NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.10.0514 ?

I saw it at TGS last year, and at that stage in development it was pretty much 'you are a walking turret and you sometimes do melee moves'

jambo

reptilescorpio said:
Prey 2 takes the cake for me. I get to play out all my Rick Deckard fantasies. Hope there are unicorns to take down.

The Prey 2 footage blew me away, game looks absolutely off the chart. Can't believe it's taken someone this long to make a 3D Blade Runner-esque RPG.

Gazunta

Danoss I'm a Queenslander so I don't rate your chances of getting a NSW Gazatar ;)

DarkStar One arrived from The Hut today. It's basically Elite on the 360. Elite is the greatest game of all time. I guess I'm not getting anything else done this weekend.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
Does anyone know if Skyrim is a steamworks game?
Good decisions and Cricket Australia are mutually exclusive. This quote is exactly what I was thinking (with bold added for emphasis),
Indeed.

Shaneus said:

SR3, Skyrim, Trackmania of what of I have seen so far. SCV looks cool, but I have always been a sucker for SC.

Edit:
reptilescorpio said:
Prey 2 takes the cake for me. I get to play out all my Rick Deckard fantasies. Hope there are unicorns to take down.
Why have I not seen this before? That looks awesome!!

Ydahs

So I heard an Aussie GAFer say he ordered a Vita from Amazon US for ~$260. Since when could we ship from Amazon US?

Deeku

Ydahs said:
So I heard an Aussie GAFer say he ordered a Vita from Amazon US for ~$260. Since when could we ship from Amazon US?
We got 3DS's from them too!

I guess it depends though, because they won't ship Catherine Deluxe Edition outside of US.

Speaking of amazon, I still have like 40 bucks of credit that can only be spent on launch 3ds titles. I guess SF4 3d is the best choice?

Jintor

My sources say no

I wonder if we get a summer sale this year from Steam... hoping for some Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 markdowns. And DA2, maybe.

Top Bottom