• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
on the flip side, I think she's probably our most classy female actor. she's probably our one genuine A-lister at the moment.

Salazar

I adore Cate. This talk is madness.

I am really struggling to control helicopters in ArmA 2. There have been quite a few ludicrous crashes.

Gazunta said:
So in the light of the Silverchair revelations, is this now the thread where we admit to hating Australian things?
- Vegemite
- Southern cross tatts
- Any food/recipes that weren't brought here by post-WW2 immigrants
- All varieties of beer
- Rugby Union, Rugby League, AFL, Cricket, V8 Supercars, F1
- Bogans
- Leighton Hewitt and Karl Sandilands
- Hills hoists
- Negative gearing

If any of these things disappeared tomorrow, not a single tear would be shed in my house.

Salazar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
- Any food/recipes that weren't brought here by post-WW2 immigrants

- Rugby Union

Scones ? Really ?

As for union, I just can't bear to look or talk to you, Squirrel. Shame, such shame.

I wish Crytek had made a trains sim rather than that Ryse junk.

markot

Banned
Vegemite is the only food that almost made me vomit from the taste.

... Well that and these alcoholic chocolate thingys that tasted like vomit. LITERALLY VOMIT.

Salazar said:
Scones ? Really ?

As for union, I just can't bear to look or talk to you, Squirrel. Shame, such shame.
Scones are floury and their texture is too crumbly for my palate.

As for Union, I went to the oldest secondary school in Queensland - an all-boys, private altar to the glorious sport of the professional class and their spoiled progeny. For the years of exclusion and ridicule I suffered at their hands, I will hate the sport and all it represents until the day I draw my last breath, possibly longer.

Rez said:
what's there to hate about hills hoists?
They're ugly and no sooner does a kid swing on them, that they tilt at odd angles and knock you on the head when you're trying to hang up your laundry.

sjt333

Shaneus said:
Awesome. The auto shutdown for the 360 doesn't recognise that Foxtel is a media player thing, just asked if I wanted to keep it switched on while I watched Le Mans. I'm guessing it doesn't do this for streamed/downloaded movies, but it's obviously something that needs to be fixed-a-roony.
I fell asleep with it on the other night and it was still on when I woke up the next morning.

evlcookie said:
Driving lesson booked for Thursday.

I've made a huge mistake.

How old are you?

Just curious, I'm 20 and I have 45
minutes
of driving under my belt for that P license. Thinking of getting some lessons myself.

markot

Banned
I ran a red light on one of my final test thingys >.<

Took me 3 goes >.>

I was actually coming home and seemed to have passed it all, then 5 minutes from home... straight through a red light.....

Dead Man

trinest said:
They have areas refered to as the Centeral Coast? Even Google goes streight to that area.
I think only people from New South Wales would know that, and it seems it would be too common to google. Interesting it is not.

So nobody knows where I can get un-watermarked free-to-use stock images? Or will I need to take some photos myself?
If they are not for commercial use Flickr has lots of CC images, and I hate to say it, but Deviant Art actually has a pretty huge collection of stock photos.

Gazunta said:
So in the light of the Silverchair revelations, is this now the thread where we admit to hating Australian things?
I don't think I have anything controversial that I hate. Layton Hewitt, Neighbours, 7/9/10, ads on SBS, negative gearing, Australian apathy about social issues... that's about all I've got.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
OneMoreQuestion said:
How old are you?

Just curious, I'm 20 and I have 45
minutes
of driving under my belt for that P license. Thinking of getting some lessons myself.

27, L's end in December so i gotta get my Ps!

Deeku

Jintor said:
Learning to park... I hate it.

I bet everyone does.
Learning to park for the test was actually really easy since you only need to know how to parallel park with only a parked car in front.

Learning to park for reals on a real street in between 2 cars is still a fucking nightmare for me. Though the car I got recently has sensors and a bumper cam which has made it slightly less daunting.

Dead Man

POWERSPHERE said:
Fuck Australia is an overpriced piece of shit.
I know when I bought Australia I paid too much, and was very disappointed with the final product. Very low production values, repetitive story, and it seemed like it was designed aeons ago.

Fredescu

Dead Man said:
I think only people from New South Wales would know that, and it seems it would be too common to google. Interesting it is not.
There is a national sports team called Central Coast. There are other coasts with sunshine, but only one Sunshine Coast.

Jintor

Dead Man said:
I know when I bought Australia I paid too much, and was very disappointed with the final product. Very low production values, repetitive story, and it seemed like it was designed aeons ago.

It's funny, it's one of the newest things out on the market, relatively speaking

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
about to leave my mums house for the last time! on my way to dads for 2 nights then I fly off to melbourne on Wednesday morning :(

goodbye tv

goodbye shower

goodbye kettle

goodbye every object in the house i've grown up with!

goodbye doggies :(

Mush

HolyCheck said:
about to leave my mums house for the last time! on my way to dads for 2 nights then I fly off to melbourne on Wednesday morning :(

goodbye tv

goodbye shower

goodbye kettle

goodbye every object in the house i've grown up with!

goodbye doggies :(
So are you supposed to be Mario or Sonic?

So nobody knows where I can get un-watermarked free-to-use stock images? Or will I need to take some photos myself?
Here are some old website I used to visit. I haven't visited them in quite a few years so they may have either closed, no longer offer free stock images or have turned into stealth phishing sites. Use at your own risk:

http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php
http://freestockphotos.com/
http://www.sxc.hu/

Scones are floury and their texture is too crumbly for my palate.
It's fairly cliche to reply with this but... "I don't think you've had good scones." The best scones in the world? Yeah, my Mums. You all know that, right?

Damn straight.

My backlog has taken a beaten this week and long weekend. It was such an impressive effort, I heard the Queen mentioned it on her Queens Birthday Honours. Hells yeah, Queen!

Rezbit

Sorry to be a cross posting whore, but thought I'd show some of you guys the PC I'm looking to build next month. Any feedback appreciated!

Antec Nine Hundred Case
Intel Core i5 2500k
MSI Geforce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB
8GB Ripjaws ram - is this too much? Will 4GB do?
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 Motherboard - not sure about this, couldn't find much in the way of reviews online. Anything in a similar price range that's better? Anywhere from $120-200au.
Corsair TX-650 V2 Power Supply - Is this good enough? Probably won't be using SLi for a while, but I guess it's future proofing though...would this be enough for two GTX 560s? Thinking maybe next year I'll chuck in another GTX 560, would that be worthwhile? Does SLi even work like that?

If I go for less ram/motherboard without SLi, can probably save $100, am I better off doing that?

Ydahs

Brother just bought a 3DS. Printed an A4 sized '?' AR Card and playing that target game with the dragon is amazing.

Also, where are the 3D trailers? There was a GAF thread about there being all these trailers but my brother only found a Zelda OoT trailer (looked insane).

Anyone know what is happening with OoT 3DS bonus Soundtrack for registering the game? Does Aus have the chance to get the soundtrack or are we getting shafted again? Vook?

kase23

Rezbit said:
Sorry to be a cross posting whore, but thought I'd show some of you guys the PC I'm looking to build next month. Any feedback appreciated!

Antec Nine Hundred Case
Intel Core i5 2500k
MSI Geforce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB
8GB Ripjaws ram - is this too much? Will 4GB do?
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 Motherboard - not sure about this, couldn't find much in the way of reviews online. Anything in a similar price range that's better? Anywhere from $120-200au.
Corsair TX-650 V2 Power Supply - Is this good enough? Probably won't be using SLi for a while, but I guess it's future proofing though...would this be enough for two GTX 560s? Thinking maybe next year I'll chuck in another GTX 560, would that be worthwhile? Does SLi even work like that?

If I go for less ram/motherboard without SLi, can probably save $100, am I better off doing that?
That's a pretty solid build though if its going to be a pure gaming machine 4GB should suffice so you can cut back on that if you wish,
also since your getting the unlocked 2500K model i take it your going to overclock the cpu? best to grab an aftermarket cooler if you dont already have one, a CM hyper212+ is good bang for your buck value.
I'm replacing my old workhorse amd x3 720 with a sandybridge build next week since i cant be arsed waiting any longer for the new AMD bulldozer chips.

trinest

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone know what is happening with OoT 3DS bonus Soundtrack for registering the game? Does Aus have the chance to get the soundtrack or are we getting shafted again? Vook?
I asked Vook the other day- he said he will email em' tommrow to see whats up.

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
My backlog has taken a beaten this week and long weekend. It was such an impressive effort, I heard the Queen mentioned it on her Queens Birthday Honours. Hells yeah, Queen!
Piece of advice: when tackling a backlog, don't hit up Just Cause 2. I tried to play as much of the story as I could (really), reached a total of 12 hours in the game (overall) yet I'm only at 8% completion :/

Did manage to watch the F1 replay and Le Mans, so I guess I did something! Motor racing FTW.

Ydahs said:
Brother just bought a 3DS. Printed an A4 sized '?' AR Card and playing that target game with the dragon is amazing.

Also, where are the 3D trailers? There was a GAF thread about there being all these trailers but my brother only found a Zelda OoT trailer (looked insane).
The trailers are on the US 3DS only at this stage (maybe Japan not sure about that)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sutton Dagger said:

Trin is right, emailing tomorrow.

Madrical

Banned
OneMoreQuestion said:
Go with an Antec 902 case instead, it's the same one I'm rocking. I believe the inside is painted as well compared to the nine-hundred.
Not saying it's better than the mentioned ones, but I'll put my hand up and say that the CM 690 II Advanced is a fantastic case. I don't believe I paid much for it but it does everything I want, and has more slots for extra fans etc.

Ydahs

Worthintendo said:
The trailers are on the US 3DS only at this stage (maybe Japan not sure about that)
Aww, thanks for the heads up :(

I can't stop playing these AR games. I absolutely love 3D (PS3 3D gaming is amazing) and after the Zelda OoT 3D trailer, I don't think I can wait another year for a revision to just be announced...

3DS, here I come!

Top Bottom