• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Madrical

Banned
Shaneus said:
High five!
hi.jpg

On another note, who has seen and recommends either The Wire and Arrested Development? I want good dramas to watch after getting into Mad Men. I'm downloading the entire series of Six Feet Under too. And yes, I realise Arrested Development isn't a drama!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ydahs said:
Brother just bought a 3DS. Printed an A4 sized '?' AR Card and playing that target game with the dragon is amazing.

Also, where are the 3D trailers? There was a GAF thread about there being all these trailers but my brother only found a Zelda OoT trailer (looked insane).

the importing holycheck wins!

theres heaps of trailers up there, OoT, resident evil, metal gear, animal crossing ,starfox, paper mario, mario, luigis mansion and a few more!

all good stuff

Rahk

Madrical said:
On another note, who has seen and recommends either The Wire and Arrested Development? I want good dramas to watch after getting into Mad Men. I'm downloading the entire series of Six Feet Under too. And yes, I realise Arrested Development isn't a drama!
Considering The Wire gets mentioned every other page, yes, it is required viewing. Six Feet Under is also great. And yeah, Arrested Development is also good.

Rezbit

Thanks for the case recommendations fellas. Just makes it harder to choose though, hah!

Also damn Monday sucks for TV on free to air. Choose between Rescue Ops and Offspring. I have watched 5 minutes of both and hate both enormously already. It's must shit TV.

Randomly applied for jobs and had a phone interview today that went well even though I still have no idea what the job really is. Get to suit up on Wednesday which will be fun. No interest in my exam on Thursday, don't need to pass so I don't care. Going to be that annoying guy who spends the whole time yawning and drumming my fingers bored.

codswallop said:
Surprised no one has mentioned The Living End yet (unless I missed it), especially considering their early stuff broke all sorts of records.
They are the Australian version of Green Day. Love the early stuff but once they moved into pop-emo territory I haven't enjoyed much of their stuff.

Salazar said:
Serious Sam HD downloading. Very slowly. PC digital distribution really is as good as all you dudes said.
Now to upgrade to lightspeed cable! Master race gaming!

Gazunta said:
Coz I can't fucking stand Cate Blanchett. Can't stand the way she acts, can't stand the way she talks in that bullshit accent, I don't get how anyone could find someone who looks like a creepy meth addict attractive, and I wish she'd just fuck off somewhere.
Decent actor. Would make sexy time with her. Didn't realise she was so annoying?

Madrical said:
On another note, who has seen and recommends either The Wire and Arrested Development?
Both are incredible. You should sit down and watch all of Arrested Development right NOW. Then start complaining that it never should have been cancelled with the rest of us.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
- Vegemite -little bit of Veg on toast with a poached egg
- Southern cross tatts - southern cross in general
- All varieties of beer - we should hang out so I can find you a good beer
- Bogans - every country has shit stains hanging around
- Leighton Hewitt and Karl Sandilands - Nuke from orbit
- Hills hoists - Four Goon bags pegged on. Great times all round (lol).

evlcookie said:
Driving lesson booked for Thursday.

I've made a huge mistake.
alreadydead.jpg + carcrash.flv = somethingidon'tknowhowtomakebutwouldbefunny.gif

Shaneus said:
High five!
Three way! The 690 II Advanced will be my next case after longing for it over the last 12 months. My friend has one and it is awesome. Cheap too.

Madrical said:
http://thenextweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/hi.jpg[/IM G]

On another note, who has seen and recommends either The Wire and Arrested Development? I want good dramas to watch after getting into Mad Men. I'm downloading the entire series of Six Feet Under too. And yes, I realise Arrested Development isn't a drama![/QUOTE]Six Feet Under, yes! The Wire is good. Also The Shield.

Madrical

Banned
Alrighty, I'll be downloading both The Wire & Arrested Development after Six Feet Under. Also getting Breaking Bad, The Sopranos and maybe The Shield from friends.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Madrical said:
Alrighty, I'll be downloading both The Wire & Arrested Development after Six Feet Under. Also getting Breaking Bad, The Sopranos and maybe The Shield from friends.

Breaking Bad is the greatest piece of television ever created. Do you anything besides the premise? If not, your in for an incredible and confronting experience.

Madrical

Banned
I've heard really good things so I'm looking forward to it. My mate who I'm getting it from loves it, he can't get over how good it is, so I'm really looking forward to it. Just hope I'm not OVERhyped haha. My internet is going to get smashed in the next couple of days.

Since it's allowed to be discussed on GAF, has anyone downloaded the Deus Ex: HR leaked extended demo thingy?

Jintor

The fucking 30th? For reals? God fucking damnit.

/edit the entire 3DS lineup looks like absolute shit. They need to get their killer apps up and running ASAP.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Tntnnbltn said:
I know, what a terrible website.

No U

Jintor said:
The fucking 30th? For reals? God fucking damnit.

/edit the entire 3DS lineup looks like absolute shit. They need to get their killer apps up and running ASAP.

What line up? Nothing is fucking dated. It's all Q4. What are they going to do? Release Mario Kart, Super Mario and shit all at the same time?

HolyCheck

VOOK said:
No U

What line up? Nothing is fucking dated. It's all Q4. What are they going to do? Release Mario Kart, Super Mario and shit all at the same time?

MARIO KART SUPER MARIO PAPER MARIO MEGAPACK $79.99 YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Ydahs

Two great 3DS games come out in a matter of weeks and then nothing for another month or four.

They do have Star Fox, Super Mario, Kid Icarus and Mario Kart planned this year right? Better be seeing at least one or two by September.

Jintor

They gotta invent a time machine, go back to the E3 before the 3DS launch, and bring back working copies of all the awesome future 3DS titles for Nintendo to reverse-engineer, mass produce, and sell at launch.

That's what they gotta do.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ydahs said:
Two great 3DS games come out in a matter of weeks and then nothing for another month or four.

They do have Star Fox, Super Mario, Kid Icarus and Mario Kart planned this year right? Better be seeing at least one or two by September.

Starfox is July in Japan, September everywhere else. Super Mario, Kid Icarus and Mario Kart are 2011 sometime after that.

So you got Ocarina of Time at the end of the month, Mercs 3D (which to me feels cheap and rushed, but looks great, I have it) the week later then nothing.

It's all been horribly planned.

Stackboy

Sup Ausgaf, its been about a week. Just been enjoying the fruits of all things E3.

Picking up my ticket tomorrow for the EB Expo on the gold coast. Got a ticket for the Saturday night session.

Here's what I voted for in JJJ's hottest 100 Aussie albums:

Augie March - Moo, You Bloody Choir
Custard - Loverama
Drones, The - Havilah
Living End, The - The Living End
PVT (aka Pivot) - Make Me Love You
Screamfeeder - Kitten Licks
Something for Kate - Elsewhere for 8 Minutes
Spiderbait - Ivy and the Big Apples
Whitlams, The - Eternal Nightcap
You Am I - #4 Record

HolyCheck

Jintor said:
I got back my $20 for that scammy 2tb hard drive! Yay. Note to self: don't buy what AusGaf buys.

crap i never got my scammy 2tb hd

how do you get it back lol just lodge it with paypal?

edit: lodged a thingy

also, went to watch the latest amazing race episode on 7's website, im 15 minutes into hte episode and i notice the description next to the video

"The teams continue their South African odyssey in the beautiful coastal city of Cape Town, but the high-flying antics quickly come to an end for
Chris and Anastasia
at the Detour."

if they go out.. fucking 7 and your useless piece of shit.

Madrical said:
Since it's allowed to be discussed on GAF, has anyone downloaded the Deus Ex: HR leaked extended demo thingy?
Potential GOTY and as a huge fan of the original game I am very happy with the follow up. Things bode well for Thi4f as long as it is handled the same way.

HolyCheck said:
also, went to watch the latest amazing race episode on 7's website, im 15 minutes into hte episode and i notice the description next to the video
The guy should be forced to go to counselling. Such a douchebag. Shouldn't be allowed to treat anyone like that. Why do women put up with that shit?

elektrixx

Banned
After I uploaded that image the power went out. It's only just returned now, but we're still flooded in!

At least it gave me time to catch up on all the E3 podcasts.

Hey SydGAF, I straddled your wacky bridge on Saturday. Pretty good fun, too.

Jintor said:
I got back my $20 for that scammy 2tb hard drive! Yay. Note to self: don't buy what AusGaf buys.
Yeah, I got mine back a few weeks ago as well... Didn't I mention that? Oh dear.

Jintor

Gonna hand in my constitutional law assignment and head off to work

Girlfriends doing medicine blows.

Also, why did both my parents work when I was younger and needed more attention, and why is one of them not working now when I need them to be out of the house? This sucks.

Mar

Fellow MKAusGAFs (that's not a new McDonalds menu choice). How have people been inputting the code thingy that allows you to play online and download content?

OzGameshop users: I just checked my recent credit card statement and noticed my last purchase the other week included a currency conversion fee. They're suppose to charge in AUD. Any of you other guys getting the same thing?

Edit: Wait, it's an "overseas transaction fee". I thought they had an Australian business where they received the money, but I suppose not. What a gyp.

Clipper

Mar said:
Fellow MKAusGAFs (that's not a new McDonalds menu choice). How have people been inputting the code thingy that allows you to play online and download content?
Either redeem code via the account panel on the PS3, redeem the code through playstation.com, or I think there is also a code redemption option on the online menu in MK itself. You need to do this on an account that matches the region you bought the game in. If you bought from the UK, your Aussie account should be fine (you might need a UK one though). If you bought from the US, just create a US account if you don't have one already and download it on that account. You'll be able to play on your Aus account after doing that.

codswallop said:
OzGameshop users: I just checked my recent credit card statement and noticed my last purchase the other week included a currency conversion fee. They're suppose to charge in AUD. Any of you other guys getting the same thing?

Edit: Wait, it's an "overseas transaction fee". I thought they had an Australian business where they received the money, but I suppose not. What a gyp.

How much was the fee?

DualShadow said:
How much was the fee?
About 3%, or $2.00. I paid with Visa.

Obviously not a big deal, but since I always just assumed the amount I saw on the screen was what I was paying I never even bothered to look into it. Just something to take into consideration if you're comparing prices, I guess. Never got the overseas transaction fee in addition to the currency conversion fee that I've noticed when purchasing from other places.

Just another way for the financial companies to screw us over.

Shaneus

That's why I use Paypal. Pretty much guarantees that you never get any of that stupid conversion fee shit. They also bill to Paypal in AUD as well so there's no extra fee on top, it's just straight out of my savings account.

Clipper

codswallop said:
About 3%, or $2.00. I paid with Visa.

Obviously not a big deal, but since I always just assumed the amount I saw on the screen was what I was paying I never even bothered to look into it. Just something to take into consideration if you're comparing prices, I guess. Never got the overseas transaction fee in addition to the currency conversion fee that I've noticed when purchasing from other places.

Just another way for the financial companies to screw us over.
Some banks have started charging overseas fees if the company is not registered for business in Australia, regardless of the currency type used in the exchange. It first came to my attention when ANZ charged me a fee for buying Aussie Wii points on the Wii. ANZ only started doing that last year sometime, I think.

Shaneus said:
That's why I use Paypal. Pretty much guarantees that you never get any of that stupid conversion fee shit. They also bill to Paypal in AUD as well so there's no extra fee on top, it's just straight out of my savings account.
Paypal's fee is factored in as a reduction to the exchange rate. You typically pay about the same amount either way.

Clipper said:
Some banks have started charging overseas fees if the company is not registered for business in Australia, regardless of the currency type used in the exchange. It first came to my attention when ANZ charged me a fee for buying Aussie Wii points on the Wii. ANZ only started doing that last year sometime, I think.
And what a bloody crock it is. Oh well, something to be aware of.

If these guys were running the Internet we'd be paying our ISP extra for each country we want to access.

Clipper

codswallop said:
And what a bloody crock it is. Oh well, something to be aware of.

If these guys were running the Internet we'd be paying our ISP extra for each country we want to access.
To be fair, it is a lot harder for them to process those transactions...

Shaneus

Clipper said:
Paypal's fee is factored in as a reduction to the exchange rate. You typically pay about the same amount either way.
Yeah, but because OzGameShop charges in AUD, there's no exchange. Exactly $13.99 was charged to me and taken out of my bank account from there, according to my Paypal history (for Crackdown 2).

In other news, Child of Eden comes out this week. Hype!

Shaneus

OzGameShop (that capitalisation is killing me) was charging just under $50, but you'd have to wait a week or two to receive it. I don't think I can wait that long, TBH.

Cheapest for me would be Dungeon Crawl (according to here) but that's because I wouldn't have to pay shipping. It's still $20 more than OGS but I'd get it straight away.

Deeku

Yeah Westpac's been charging a fee for all my foreign currency online stuff for past year or so. Wasn't like that before.

Problem is solved when I use paypal. Usually comes out slightly cheaper too because paypal has better exchange rates.

Yeah, I think I might start using PayPal for payments more now.

In the big scheme of things, a dollar or two here isn't a big deal, but IMO it's more about the point that the banks shouldn't be rewarded with my money just because they feel like introducing fees for no good reason.

Top Bottom