• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
QLD 3-0 was expected

They still have the epic team they've always had, but we've proven they are beatable

this is a big thing

we lost 3-0 last year and got smashed.

We blooded a few guys this year and we expected to be romped again really all except danoos the most authentic blues fan :)

to win, the way we did is what has made us excited. We didn't just beat QLD, we fucking dominated them for 70 mins straight.

Choc

Banned
2K did the right thing, and dropped that PR company and distanced themselves fromt he comments.

clearly they know its a turd :D

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Omi said:
so. its really no different to doing ant sort of dev work. amount of influence is relative to team size.
probably, but i think there are exceptions for certain people like miyamoto, kojima, sid meier, will wright etc. where their influence is relative to their ego/notoriety

Kirby102

I just got 3 double passes to IGN's Black Beta for Zelda OOT3D.

I can't go to it, since it's during my final exam ><

But I can't transfer the passes either, they're linked to the phone that sent it. (sorry for the pun) lol

Shaneus

So, who's getting Child of Eden today? I think I'm gonna have to dive in at JB... anywhere else getting imports will be sometime next week :/

Gazunta

Yeah, I'm thinking of picking it up today. Ozgameshop has it for $49, but I want it naow :/

What's the JB price?

Edit: Just checked, $79. Hrm :/

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Hey Choc. West Ham are signing Kevin Nolan.

wtf.

You have Big Sam as your manager

he wants two footed, red card challenges every week

Kevin Nolan is your man.

I predict West Ham to receive the most red cards in championship history.

Omikron

Choc said:
You have Big Sam as your manager

he wants two footed, red card challenges every week

Kevin Nolan is your man.

I predict West Ham to receive the most red cards in championship history.

Yeah, because that happened the previous year he was in the championship with Newcastle. :p

BTW, Old news, but day 0 DLC for BF3. Sigh. Map packs... boooo.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
You guys I have major Infamous 2 lust. Someone talk me out of it.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Yeah, because that happened the previous year he was in the championship with Newcastle. :p

times have changed, FIFA has outlawed studs up challenges directly at a player with a mandatory yellow card for doing it.

jambo

I won a free Hungry Jacks Whopper from tipping 8 out of 8 last week in the AFL on footytips.com.au

That's lunch sorted for tomorrow :lol

Not only is it cold but the windscreen on my car was iced over for the first time this winter. Like an inch thick. Had to use the ole jug of lukewarm water trick to get to my damn exam. Which was super easy. Which I half arsed and walked out after half an hour. Most of the MCQ ended up being D) All the above, so I get the impression that the lecturer doesn't think much of exams.

Gazunta said:
Acting like NSW won the series would mean that people were extrapolating the worst case scenario from a limited pool of data and baseless conjecture in an attempt to stir up hysteria.
That could be the blurb for Choc's twitter account. And the resulting CBS comedy series starring Leonard Nimoy.

Omi said:
I thought the map pack won't hit day one?

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
I thought the map pack won't hit day one?

Yers, turns out I am mistaken with the map pack at least. It is just a bonus for pre-ordering it seems. Purchasable at a later stage....

Who knows with other content they decide to make exclusive / done as DLC however.

r1chard

Rez said:
You guys I have major Infamous 2 lust. Someone talk me out of it.
Sorry, can't help you. Currently playing through my freebie Infamous and really looking forward to getting 2 ASAP when I'm done :)

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Lee Cattermole will be taken out to the glue factory.

thats why he was sent off 4 times this season.

that new rule

also, lulzsec hit the CIA, they really are fucking dumb arent they

Rez said:
Wow, that worked like a charm. Cheers!
Straight out of my Savvy Gamer™ Handbook.

Omi said:
Yers, turns out I am mistaken with the map pack at least. It is just a bonus for pre-ordering it seems. Purchasable at a later stage....

Who knows with other content they decide to make exclusive / done as DLC however.
Ugh. I don't even play those games but it annoys me. Pre-order bonuses can die. Die in a horrible, horrible accident.

reptilescorpio said:
Will still be cheaper in 3 weeks time. Quit trying to undo my work here, buddy!

Kritz

Banned
By far the most generation y thing I've done all week:

oWtgvl.jpg

I spilled orange juice and to fix it I put a towel over it and left a note.

Kritz said:
By far the most generation y thing I've done all week:

oWtgvl.jpg

I spilled orange juice and to fix it I put a towel over it and left a note.
...and then grabbed a camera... and then posted it on the internet.

Far less work than cleaning it. :)

Danoss

Omi said:
DICE came out and stated that the bonus weapons and such won't imbalance the game (not that I believe them). I don't care if the bonus weapons have a different skin or whatever, that's fine, but these are unique to preorders.

A free map is excellent perceived value for a pre-order pack, I can totally live with that. Not enough for EA (I'm sure DICE were forced), why stop there? Why not add extra shit in the game for "special" people and call it "DLC" when it could be on the disc for all to enjoy and just be early unlocks like BF:BC2. To top it off, if I want to pre-order on Steam, tough.

I just want a nice multi-player shooter to play. It will never be CoD, but EA is making sure to piss me off enough that I don't want it to be BF3 either. I want to buy BF3 because I'm sure I'll have some fun with it, but I don't want to support this rubbish any longer.

Also, if I did buy it, it would be from OzGameShop for far cheaper than here. Since I'd be buying it there, who's to say whether I'd actually get whatever pre-order bonus there is? EA seems to have had it separated from the game. It seems that it's not like BF:BC2 where the first batch was limited and the next was normal, but an actual separate pre-order bonus (that shops will probably run out of and screw people over with).

Gah, it's a mess and probably just easiest to walk away from the game entirely.

Fredescu

I'm going to get a 7800N soon I think. I need Wireless N and GB LAN ports. The 7402NX is obviously "better" but can you see yourself using the VPN? If you can, go for it I guess. I thought about it, but I'm going to save my cash and go for the 7800N.

Danoss

jambo said:
Walk away from Battlefield 3 over some DLC?

Are you mad?!?!
Slightly, yes.

I'll probably just buy the damn thing. I'm not paying $80 for it though, I'll probably import it and somehow not get the bonus.

VOOK said:
Guys need a new router, D-Link is shit, Belkin is shit and now I've been through two Netgears and they never work Wirelessly properly. So which of these is better.

http://ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=601194

http://ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=601117
If you want to really nerd out, you can be like me and build your own from these guys: http://www.pcengines.ch/

Put a unit together, load m0n0wall on there and you're off and racing. The most solid router ever and cheap as shit for what they can do. Especially since you can have a separate G and N module so any connecting G devices don't pull the N devices down to their level. Plus Senao make an 800mW module, for massive distance *drool*. I should build and sell these things.

trinest

Ydahs said:
Anyone else who preordered OoT from TheHut, did yours also ship today? Surprised since they said it'll ship on the 17th on their website.

Sometimes they ship preorders for international people just a tad ealier it seems.

I've had other products from them shipped ealier then they say. Sometimes by a considerable margin.

Choc said:
NEW SOUTH WALES
NEW SOUTH WALES
NEW SOUTH WALES
NEW SOUTH WALES

It was obious we'd win. First two games are bullshit and thrown- the only one which counts is the third one- and even then. Pff.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Vook, I have the 7800N and have no issues with it at all, It's been rock solid for me.

Record connection time was 50 days until I decided to do a firmware update. The Belkin before that was probably 4 days or something.

MrSerrels said:
Sup Chocarina of Time - though this might be relevant to your interests.

Why Buying Games Online May Actually End Up Saving The Australian Economy
And Leigh Williams’ assertions are being backed up by recent studies. Just two weeks ago the McKinsey Global Institute released a report stating that 21% of GDP growth in mature countries could be attributed to new industries driven by the internet – for every job lost offline, 2.6 jobs are being created online.
Good piece of news there Mr. Serrels. As someone who works in logistics it is very obvious that the industry has a lot of growth ahead. Harvey complaining is no different to the advertising campaign against plain packaging of cigarettes, companies trying to avoid losing easy profits. It would be nice for them to find a more efficient way to thrive.

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
Sup Chocarina of Time - though this might be relevant to your interests.

Why Buying Games Online May Actually End Up Saving The Australian Economy

very good read. You've done it again

If only Chocarina of Time had OOT 3DS for his trip to nz next week :<

if i get stuck due to ash i want my zelda!

EDIT: PS. If you have Westfield shares i would sell them now. The days of rent being more than London and New York combined in Sydneys Pitt Street mall will soon be over as well, people have stopped buying shit in the shops!

EDIT2: Mark, not to continually ply you with ideas for articles, but this whole DOA dimensions thing means its ripe for an investigation as to how that actually happened!

I reckon O'Conner will resubmit DNF to COB if it gets out about the alien rape level etc

Gazunta

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT

THE CLOUDS REFORMING TO PLAY SUPPORT ACT TO JESUS JONES

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=JESUSJON11

MY BODY. READY. ETC

kase23

Choc said:
2K did the right thing, and dropped that PR company and distanced themselves fromt he comments.

clearly they know its a turd :D
Firing your PR company that results in good PR for yourself, delicious irony :D

It was somewhat reassuring to wake to the news that the looming EA/Steam crysis (pun intended) was over some red balloons on the radar. I couldn't see myself buying BF3 if it wasn't sold over steam and considering Ive already paid for my upgrade parts that I ordered specifically for the game would be an extra kick in the teeth to the whole situation.

MrSerrels

Planet_JASE said:
I don't think I've said it before but I will now: You are the best Australian Video Games Journalist that we currently have. Well done on your continued support and promotion or mature, thought-provoking, well researched journalism, Mark.

HIGH FIVE/FIST BUMP OF ALL TIME!

[earth shakes]

Shaneus

Gaz: Looks like DSE are selling Eden for $70 and is in stock now. Whether that means "in store" I dunno, but I'll be making a trip there shortly. Only $20 premium to avoid (potentially) weeks of shipping, sounds like a good idea to me!

Shaneus said:
Gaz: Looks like DSE are selling Eden for $70 and is in stock now. Whether that means "in store" I dunno, but I'll be making a trip there shortly. Only $20 premium to avoid (potentially) weeks of shipping, sounds like a good idea to me!
You're falling into their trap!!!
:)

Shaneus

It's not a trap! If I can walk out of there with only a game and no sundry resistors or capacitors, I'll be happy.

They're overpriced for everything else, anyway.

Top Bottom