• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

I feel like firing up my Windows Media Center since it's been pretty bored since the UCL Final. Is there any good Australian TV guide that actually has robust viewing options? About the best option I can see on most of them is to choose where I am.

Windows Media Center alone does way better, but since half the data is missing, it's hard to find, say, all the docos or motor sport (apparently Speed Week is the only motor sport show this week) coming up in the next week.

trinest

codswallop said:
Windows Media Center alone does way better, but since half the data is missing, it's hard to find, say, all the docos or motor sport (apparently Speed Week is the only motor sport show this week) coming up in the next week.
My guide is perfect :/

jambo said:
I won a free Hungry Jacks Whopper from tipping 8 out of 8 last week in the AFL on footytips.com.au

That's lunch sorted for tomorrow :lol

To be fair, last week was probably the easiest week to get 8/8.

Also, been listening to Idle Thumbs. Their opinions are actually worth listening to, two years on. Wtf.

The Yahoo! TV Guide seems to be the best. You can get it to just list all of one type of programme in a big list (tick a category, then tick the display highlighted only option), which is pretty much what I wanted.

Fredescu said:
Doesn't seem to have robust filtering.

trinest said:
My guide is perfect :/
It has all the shows, but viewing by category, keywords doesn't seem to work as well as I expected.

Jintor

Guess I'm going to Supernova Sydney this weekend? Anyone else turning up?

/edit also an EB games guy told me that the company had apparently only ordered 200 copies total for Child of Eden and that he had the very last one in that store, and he had been planning to buy it for himself... I told him to keep it. I'll just get it online (and play this debug copy until it's here)

Fly away...

Jintor

Not really, but I'm getting in for free, going with friends, and I'm running a con in a month, so I'm loath to skip the chance.

Danoss

Jintor said:
I may be going if my mate isn't working the weekend.

Also, Gazunta, if you want Gazunta.com.au I can hook you up. A mate of my has a reseller account with Ventraip.com.au and can onsell domains, you won't need an ABN at all. Let me know if you want it.

Choc

Banned
Jintor said:

/edit also an EB games guy told me that the company had apparently only ordered 200 copies total for Child of Eden and that he had the very last one in that store, and he had been planning to buy it for himself... I told him to keep it. I'll just get it online (and play this debug copy until it's here)

Fly away...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU EB

no wonder we get fucking generic shooter after shooter when good games get 200 orders nationwide

fucking useless

Shaneus

Well, here's the places I checked for Child of Eden today:
Dick Smith online
Dick Smith B&M
JB online
JB B&M
Gamecafe
Dungeon Crawl
Big W online
Kmart B&M

I'm so desperate for this game, but there's no way I'm paying $30 more than online. $20? Fine. But $30 is just too much. Gotta have my principles.

In other news, loaded Steam on my new subnotebook at work today. Fired up Wolfenstein and Osmos on the train, felt badarse.

PS. FU EB.

PPS. Awesome interview with Mizuguchi, Serrels!

Choc said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU EB

no wonder we get fucking generic shooter after shooter when good games get 200 orders nationwide

fucking useless
I'm not sure this is true... There are 400 EBs and my local store had multiple copies. Doesn't sound right.

MrSerrels

Jintor said:

Fly away...

As I said to you on twitter - as expected from the buyers at EB.

These are the guys that were going to pass on Guitar Hero.

The guys that thought no one cared about Grand Theft Auto when 2K were trying sell-in GTAIII. And still didn't get it when Vice City came around.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
EB are clueless moronic fucks driven by what's cool and hip, they have no idea what is though and don't give a flying fuck about 'gamers'.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like smart business to me. That game should have been downloadable.

Shaneus

Rez said:
I wish it was. Steam has spoiled me far too much regarding releases and now with a decent net connection and HDD on the 360, there's no excuse. Even if it was full RRP I'd still rather have it via XBL than on disc.

Jintor

Rezbit said:
Does Child of Eden have the same sort of electro soundtrack as Rez, or is it all with that chick singer?

It's all by Genki Rockets, so yeah, all-female vocals. My more musically-inclined friends say it's all trance and house, a lot more upbeat than Rez's cold synthetics.\

Neverender said:
I'm not sure this is true... There are 400 EBs and my local store had multiple copies. Doesn't sound right.

It's possibly he may have meant EB Sydney

Rez said:
Game Informer gave me the impression it is only about 2 hours long max. If it was downloadable I might bite but at the moment I will wait until I pick up a Kinect. As it stands this is the only game I want one for.

VOOK said:
EB are clueless moronic fucks driven by what's cool and hip, they have no idea what is though and don't give a flying fuck about 'gamers'.

Why do you say that Vook?

If it wasn't for them we would never have gotten those cool Twilight Princess Zelda statues into Australia!

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
Game Informer gave me the impression it is only about 2 hours long max. If it was downloadable I might bite but at the moment I will wait until I pick up a Kinect. As it stands this is the only game I want one for.

It's weird

Because it's true you could run through the game in about 2 hours, if you were playing purely for content. But I don't think it's the kind of game you play that way.

Rezbit

Jintor said:
It's all by Genki Rockets, so yeah, all-female vocals. My more musically-inclined friends say it's all trance and house, a lot more upbeat than Rez's cold synthetics.\

It's possibly he may have meant EB Sydney

Damn! Was hoping for some variety.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
ColonialRaptor said:
Why do you say that Vook?

If it wasn't for them we would never have gotten those cool Twilight Princess Zelda statues into Australia!

Surely you jest.

TwiztidElf

I posted last week about a guy here in Brisbane who's on the verge of offloading quite a collection of retro gear.
His ebay name is: diaminopurine

I'll post back when he starts putting his sales up.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Pretty sure that it's the same measurement/length/scale as Rez is. Back-to-back, yeah, it's probably 2 hours... but the bonuses, extras and want for 100% of all levels would be exponentially higher.

Shit, I still fire up Rez every now and then.

VOOK said:
Surely you jest.

Well yes, in a sense :p

But I agree, EB don't really care about Gamers, but really... companies don't REALLY care about PEOPLE at all (or at least perhaps I'm just totally sour because of the way I get treated by the companies I've been lucky enough to be involved with), because all it ever comes down to is MONEY the cold hard stuff, the bane of the world, the thing that is fucking ruining humanity's step forward imo.

I feel myself hermit-ting myself just to stay away from the world because people suck and as long as I stay away from people there is no way for people to fuck me over any more so stay inside and play games... easy right?

Gazunta

Thanks for the updated Twizted, I'll be on the lookout.

Just played through the first two stages of Child of Eden. Wow. Once you get in the zone it's trippy as hell and looks and sounds amazing. It was worth sullying myself to shop in a retail store to get it.

Im sure Choc will be on any minute to let us know what he thinks :)

choodi

Banned
What pisses me off about EB is that they wont stock a game like Child of Eden brand new, but they will stock it second hand.

That sort of business practice from the biggest specialty retailer of games in the world guarantees that we will be buried under an onslaught of generic shooter games and games like Child of Eden will continue to be niche games that never make a profit.

Fuck EB! Bring on digital distribution!

Axiom

I was at EB the other day and they had 4+ copies sitting on the shelf, and asked about Alice thinking they might have broken the street date on that too. Not that I can afford either at the moment.

If I'd have known there'd be so few I'd have been very tempted anyway, but I've not even started Infamous 2 yet (been finishing the first one)

Edit: In response to Donkey Kong '94 popping up on the Nintendo Shop, I want to say that if you have the means, buy that sucker. It's my favourite game on the system and this coming from someone who considers Link's Awakening his favourite Zelda game

Any news on the Zelda soundtrack being available if you buy the Aus Oot? I'm debating whether I should buy it from ozgameshop or buy it locally. Also, what about the Zelda orchestra Ninty mentioned at E3, we will get one won't we?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Boo weather, I wanted to hit up the shops and pick up some puff pastry, mince, a tea cake and some cider but it's decided to rain.

Day ruined!

Choc

Banned
Child of Eden is like walking into a massive rave high on drugs waving your arms about

aka its fucking fantastic. The true sequel to Rez is here and finally an awesome kinect game

turn the lights off, pump the sound and wave about, AWESOME

no where near as good with a normal controller, game was clearly built for Kinect

evlcookie said:
Boo weather, I wanted to hit up the shops and pick up some puff pastry, mince, a tea cake and some cider but it's decided to rain.

Day ruined!
Sounds like perfect weather for those things to me!

markot

Banned
emeL3.jpg

Omikron

Choc said:
Child of Eden is like walking into a massive rave high on drugs waving your arms about

aka its fucking fantastic. The true sequel to Rez is here and finally an awesome kinect game

turn the lights off, pump the sound and wave about, AWESOME

no where near as good with a normal controller, game was clearly built for Kinect

What happens if I don't like raver music in even the slightest?

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Why do I have to login to Origin to view that link? Lame, anyway.

Now its a timed exclusive, will EA market it as such? Or still market it like people who pre-order will be getting this awesome content over other people?

why did you have to login to origin? i didn't.

Omikron

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3641676/Apple-to-ban-iPhone-gig-filming.html

IPHONE users may soon be stopped from filming at concerts — as a result of new Apple technology.

The leading computer company plans to build a system that will sense when people are trying to video live events — and turn off their cameras.

A patent application filed by Apple revealed how the technology would work.

If an iPhone were held up and used to film during a concert infra-red sensors would detect it.

These sensors would then contact the iPhone and automatically disable its camera function.

lol.

Top Bottom