• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus said:
It's not a trap! If I can walk out of there with only a game and no sundry resistors or capacitors, I'll be happy.

They're overpriced for everything else, anyway.
They have a game clearance on at the moment so you will be tempted into spending another $40 anyway! Picked up Broken Sword Wii for $10 and Dante's Inferno is only $25!!!!

Shaneus said:
It's not a trap! If I can walk out of there with only a game and no sundry resistors or capacitors, I'll be happy.
It was more in reference to the "only $20 to get it naow!" aspect. But I also agree with reptilescorpio.

Danoss

jambo said:
My dictionary just had a stroke.
To be expected from someone who thinks wrestling is remotely respectable as a sport. I find the fact that anyone thinks wrestling is a sport astounding. Greco-Roman sure, but WWE?

If WWE is a sport, then my neighbours kids are athletes when they play pretend superheroes.

trinest

Danoss said:
To be expected from someone who thinks wrestling is remotely respectable as a sport. I find the fact that anyone thinks wrestling is a sport astounding. Greco-Roman sure, but WWE?

If WWE is a sport, then my neighbours kids are athletes when they play pretend superheroes.
I never said it was a sport. I just said it had more intergratly. If your going to make fun of me get it right.

Omikron

Danoss said:

I have even heard crazy people claim WWE is a form of entertainment.

much like rugby league

Danoss

trinest said:
I never said it was a sport. I just said it had more intergratly. If your going to make fun of me get it right.
If I just mention steroids in passing, it brings your whole point crashing down. Try again.

Also, intergraty, intergratly, integral, integration, ingrates, grating, grated cheese, etc.

Omi said:
I have even heard crazy people claim WWE is a form of entertainment.

much like rugby league
Entertainment, yes (though quite debatable); a sport, no.

Oh, I heard they're moving soccer underwater. It minimises the effect of diving if everyone is doing it.

0.jpg

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
It was more in reference to the "only $20 to get it naow!" aspect. But I also agree with reptilescorpio.
Ohhh.... gotcha. Yeah, TBH it really doesn't worry me, I very rarely get games as soon as they come out so paying a little bit extra isn't much of a stretch.

For those interested, DSE didn't have them in yet, JB were in (but $80) and Dungeon Crawl said they were in but the guy selling didn't know anything about it.

Danoss said:
iM3tK.jpg

The crowd is enthralled.
Yeah i think its the most boring shit aswell (NFL not much better) but i was refering to how it was basically run on steriods for 10 years which damaged it's intergratly.

Danoss

pieatorium said:
Yeah i think its the most boring shit aswell (NFL not much better) but i was refering to how it was basically run on steriods for 10 years which damaged it's intergratly.
Yeah, its interrogatly was terribly tarnished by them. The fact that they let a lot of it slide was poor form.

Get caught with anything like that in Rugby League and you're named and ousted for 2 years.

Salazar

Just Cause 2 on PC is a heck of a game.

Ran through the intro stuff, getting the memory cards, rescuing Karl, and now I'm just getting into fights.

Just like old times. Fuck, it's awesome when you shoot a boat driver from the front of his boat and he goes ragdolling through the propellor.

jambo

Best part is when you head off to do a mission, get sidetracked blowing shit up and then suddenly 2 hours have passed.

Also Top Gear is back soon, who'll be watching?

Choc

Banned
Danoss said:
Yeah, its interrogatly was terribly tarnished by them. The fact that they let a lot of it slide was poor form.

Get caught with anything like that in Rugby League and you're named and ousted for 2 years.

lets not get started on cycling.....

Gazunta

Thanks for the update Shaneus. I'll call my local DSE on the way home and see if they have any. After the day I'm having I've decided to buy a copy tonight.

evlcookie said:
Auto. Too much of a pussy and too lazy for manual.

Where are you learning to drive? I have to say, I'm glad I didn't learn in Sydney (or any major city), cause it would probably turn me off driving for life.

Gazunta

Bah. Called my local and nearby DSE's, they don't have it in their system at all. They suggested I try a store called EB Games instead. hahahahahah

Shaneus

Was just coming in here to post that. Seems like the only place doing it cheap is DSE. Boo-urns.

Luckily, I bought Jamestown on Steam last night. That will keep me going until tomorrow when I eventually either bite the bullet and pay $79 or DSE has it in stock. I could always try getting JB to pricematch DSE but I always feel guilty for some reason. Go figure.

Gazunta

Weird, the DSE site says it's available only online, and the way the DSE clerk said it wasn't in any of their stores makes me think the retail DSE's won't be carrying it.

I just called my local Big W, they don't have it. My local JB doesn't have it.

God damn it, just let me end today with a copy of this game :(

AusGAF... I want to register a .au domain name. Do I still need an ABN to do this? If not, any recommendations for domain registry company to go through? Thanks :)

Gazunta

I said it before, I'll say it again: Why get an expensive .au that's a pain to get because of business name requirements etc when you can get just a .com with $10 and five minutes?

Choc

Banned
Duracelllll said:
AusGAF... I want to register a .au domain name. Do I still need an ABN to do this? If not, any recommendations for domain registry company to go through? Thanks :)

yes you do and you need to have a valid reason to own the domain to stop squatting

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gazunta said:
I said it before, I'll say it again: Why get an expensive .au that's a pain to get because of business name requirements etc when you can get just a .com with $10 and five minutes?

I got a .au because I had to get an ABN for the E3 registration. lol.

Clipper

Duracelllll said:
Looks like you need an ABN to get a .com.au domain, but .id.au is open to anyone. I can't recommend registrars, though. Never used one. This seems to be the list of accredited ones, though.

Dang... beaten :(

Shaneus

Fredescu said:
If you can play Jamestown for a whole day without biting a bullet, you're a better man than I.
Oh, far from it.

Seriously, how good is that game, though? If there's anyone in AusGAF that doesn't have it (even if you have a shit PC) then there'll be hell toupee.

Gazunta

Gazunta.com.au would be an awesome Gazunta fan site domain. Get on it!

I still get special offers from Melbourne IT every year asking me if I want to buy that domain for the low low price of $100 a year. Har har.

He must make a fortune touring.

evlcookie said:
Auto. Too much of a pussy and too lazy for manual.

At least your honest. Though you really should have gone manual, you bound to pick up "bad driving habits" it'll be hard to re-do your manual licence in later years. A mate just recently took his manual driving test after driving auto for 10 years and has failed twice due to his "bad habits".

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
reptilescorpio said:
tourHeader.gif
Wasn't someone saying the other day that he was due for another tour? Must have seen a new house he wants to buy.

Some one was saying that! In steam chat i think

Salazar

Holy shit.

Those spider teapots in Alice: Madness Returns are fucking insane.

American McGee is a goddamn boss. Game is great so far.

Top Bottom