• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Apple are single-handedly saving concert experiences. Now invent a technology that reverses bottles back on the person throwing them and we're good.

Omikron

Rez said:
Apple are single-handedly saving concert experiences. Now invent a technology that reverses bottles back on the person throwing them and we're good.

While I find people recording at concerts irritating, introducing something that prevents someone using a product they paid for in the way they want is not on.

markot

Banned
Omi said:
While I find people recording at concerts irritating, introducing something that prevents someone using a product they paid for in the way they want is not on.
Thats what Apple has been doing for years >_<

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was joking. I doubt this will actually be anything too relevant for concert experiences so much as it will be useful for things like cinemas, private press-screenings and other events.

I know nothing about the tech.

ozgameshop delivered infamous 2 in exactly a week- that's pretty good and much better than most of the UK places I've been getting games from lately.

This is important because it means once I finish DNF today, I can skip CoE completely and ignore all of the shaking fists and go straight to inFamous 2.

I think it's silly to pay $150+ for a concert ticket and then spend the whole time looking at your camera screen.

in 2006 i saw a one band back when they still made a big deal about keeping cameras out. in 2009, I saw the same band and they did a bit where they played a few songs up in the stalls right up the back, and those people sitting within fart-smelling distance of these guys they'd paid a lot of money to come and see LIVE were sitting there staring at their phones the whole time while they recorded.

Silly tech, but then could they use this technology for people with kids so Funniest Home Videos gets cancelled?

Danoss

Choc said:
Good. (Also, the first comment on that blog shows the utmost stupidity to be expected of someone who only read the title and is probably the type of person to skip to the score in a review. No wonder non-gamers look down their nose at this hobby when pit-stains like them are part of the vocal minority.)

Map packs I expected, because that's been their thing since BF2. I will now shut the fuck up. Pre-ordered from OzGameShop because Origin is the devil.

Actually, pre-ordering from OzGameShop will be good; by the time it arrives 2 weeks later, a lot of the horrible release day bugs should be gone.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Indie Variety pack on Steam looks pretty sweet; ARES, Atom Zombie Smasher, Capsized, Machinarium and Sword & Soldiers HD for $10. Added to Cart.
Sold. Any idea if any are regiftable? I already own Machinarium.

I'm slowly working through a fair few indie games on my new notbook and that package looks pretty sweet. Everyone needs to get Osmos, btw.

Decided I'm going to get Eden at no matter what cost now... if DSE doesn't have it in stock and JB won't pricematch I'll just pony up the $80. Sounds like it's worth it.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:

Hi Sony and OtherOS. I told you the precedent from this is FUCKED

Hey US 3DS owning Aus Gaf can anyone help me out with something. I've tried to buy money on the US eShop this morning but for some reason its not accepting my Aus Credit card. It was working fine earlier this week but I have a feeling the recent update may have done something but not sure. I'm using Zip code 97369 which is for somewhere in Oregon but its not working, I also tried another post code with the same result.

Anyone else having this issue with their US 3DS?

Danoss

Rez said:
If only I could just bring a point and shoot to do the same thing...

Seriously, what a waste of time. Apple really do think they are the only goddamn product makers on the planet don't they? Either way, nothing will come of this.

hamchan

HELL YEAH. Your ozgameshop.com order has been despatched

3DSG0006 1 3DS Games The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time Game 3DS SMALL PACKET - ROW

I gotta get back in time!

Clipper

Worthintendo said:
Hey US 3DS owning Aus Gaf can anyone help me out with something. I've tried to buy money on the US eShop this morning but for some reason its not accepting my Aus Credit card. It was working fine earlier this week but I have a feeling the recent update may have done something but not sure. I'm using Zip code 97369 which is for somewhere in Oregon but its not working, I also tried another post code with the same result.

There are two places to enter postcodes. One is for the state in which you live and the other is for your credit card. The state in which you live is for tax purposes and should be taken from a place in the US, preferably without tax. For your credit card, you should be using your Aussie postcode prefixed with a 0, as they actually use that to confirm with your bank whether the card is valid.

jambo

Was just looking at Steam and saw a F3AR pre-order link. I clicked it and it said the game is out on June 22nd...

When did that happen? =\

EDIT: Holy shit F3AR is going to have co-op =o Day 1

Shaneus

Danoss said:
If only I could just bring a point and shoot to do the same thing...

Seriously, what a waste of time. Apple really do think they are the only goddamn product makers on the planet don't they? Either way, nothing will come of this.
Special IR blocking stickers (ie. electrical tape) to be released soon.

Danoss

Shaneus said:
Special IR blocking stickers (ie. electrical tape) to be released soon.
Hahaha, well played sir. Apple is so far up their own arse, this probably never crossed their minds.

Actually, I can see them selling special Apple anti-IR tape and making millions. They'll tell everyone they've but a rare earth metal that stops IR penetration of the sensors. It will later be discovered that this rare earth metal interferes with their poor antenna system, so you'll need a new antenna sock to protect your phone signal.

kase23

Worthintendo said:

I just tried to purchase donkey kong on mine and my CC is also getting declined too, guess thats the end of virtual console for me =/
Impulse buys anyway, theres still the option of buying point cards I guess

Clipper

kase23 said:
I just tried to purchase donkey kong on mine and my CC is also getting declined too, guess thats the end of virtual console for me =/
Did you follow my advice on using your own postcode for the credit card?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
kase23 said:

PUT A ZERO INFRONT OF YOUR POSTCODE WHEN USING THE STORE AND CONFIRMING YOUR BILLING ADDRESS!

(bolding it so everyone reads, I did this the other week and bought Zelda)

edit: FYI what postcodes are people using? I'm using 90210 (kill me lol) and am paying the 3.99 prices (so no tax I assume?)

Shaneus

Danoss said:
Actually, I can see them selling special Apple anti-IR tape and making millions. They'll tell everyone they've but a rare earth metal that stops IR penetration of the sensors. It will later be discovered that this rare earth metal interferes with their poor antenna system, so you'll need a new antenna sock to protect your phone signal.
Hint: It'll be the same rare earth metal that they use in power balance bands ;)

kase23

HolyCheck said:

PUT A ZERO INFRONT OF YOUR POSTCODE WHEN USING THE STORE AND CONFIRMING YOUR BILLING ADDRESS!

edit: FYI what postcodes are people using? I'm using 90210 (kill me lol) and am paying the 3.99 prices (so no tax I assume?)

Done this already, last game i brought was zelda 2 days ago and it worked fine, new update yesterday added a region lock itseems

Clipper

HolyCheck said:

California doesn't have tax on digital purchases, so yeah, that's why. I'm using the postcode of the HopShopGo delivery center I use in Oregon, which is also free from tax.

Clipper said:
California doesn't have tax on digital purchases, so yeah, that's why. I'm using the postcode of the HopShopGo delivery center I use in Oregon, which is also free from tax.
There are looking at passing a tax on online stuff for California, OT is useful for something I guess heh.

Danoss

Shaneus said:
Hint: It'll be the same rare earth metal that they use in power balance bands ;)
Strap your iPhone to your arm with our specially made iPower bands for extra performance on the go. MORE MONEY!

Choc

Banned
2 questions

why does apple give a fuck peopel are recording concerts

i don't exactly see music execs coming out saying FUCK YOU ALL FOR RECORDING CONCERTS

so, why fix something which is not a problem

Choc said:
2 questions

i don't exactly see music execs coming out saying FUCK YOU ALL FOR RECORDING CONCERTS

Probably going to start selling concert footage on iTunes :p.

Gazunta

I've really gotta turn off Steam on my work PC

"Jintor is playing Frozen Synapse"

I wanna play Frozen Synapse :(

jambo

Choc said:
2 questions

It is a problem though, haven't you seen all the signs at concerts about not taking photos or video footage. I'm pretty sure they also stop people from taking cameras and handy cams in, but now that people have phones that can do the same, a different approach is required.

Of course, it's not actually a problem, it just is in the eyes of the music industry. It's not like I won't go and see my favourite acts live, just because I watched some footage on YouTube with tinny sound and shaky camera angles.

Jintor

Gazunta said:
I've really gotta turn off Steam on my work PC

I wanna play Frozen Synapse :(

Just turn off the friends playing game notification system

(and you can totally play frozen synapse at work... :p)

jambo said:
It is a problem though, haven't you seen all the signs at concerts about not taking photos or video footage.
The thing is, if I record with my phone's camera or even a small compact, the quality is barely worth bothering about.

Sure, if I took a 5D or pro camcorder with a tripod in, that's a different story, but most artists only let you shoot the first couple of songs at the front, and only if you have the right credentials anyway.

jambo

codswallop said:
The thing is, if I record with my phone's camera or even a small compact, the quality is barely worth bothering about.

iPhone 4 can record 720P.

But like I said in my previous post, it's not really a problem anyway, just in the minds of some in the music industry.

jambo

Footage didn't look edited and it could well have happened. It's healthy to be sceptical, but these days everyone seems to think that everything is fake or setup when it's on YouTube.

jambo said:
iPhone 4 can record 720P.

But like I said in my previous post, it's not really a problem anyway, just in the minds of some in the music industry.
Resolution isn't an indication of sensor quality. There's a reason they shot an episode of House last year with a 5DmkII and not an iPhone 4.

HolyCheck

jambo said:
Footage didn't look edited and it could well have happened. It's healthy to be sceptical, but these days everyone seems to think that everything is fake or setup when it's on YouTube.

watch the S when it comes out

edit: yeah def fake.

watch it by clicking the play/pause button lots when the camera pans, you can see the N aswell jumping about

Clipper

Worthintendo said:
Thats what I want to do, but I can't seem to find anywehre online I can buy the cards from, anyone know any places?
Did you try our suggestions out to use your Aussie postcode prefixed with 0 yet or not?

Edit: Sorry for the highlights when you had answered already, missed your post due to replying at the same time :/.

Edit 2: Also, I did just try it myself. Doesn't work for me either. So yeah, cards seem to be the only way to go, although I still have $38 as I charged it with $50 the other day when the original $40 of prepaid cards I had ran out.

I got those previous cards prior to the eShop launch from a mate living in the US. It helps him out as he gets Best Buy reward points for buying them, and I just pay him for the purchase with Paypal. I guess I'm back to doing that now.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Well, suspect a setup, but anyway.

apparently this really did happen, i was reading about it somewhere EDIT: guess not, but lols

also the chick on that show Lily Cerna got 100% in a 4unit maths exam in NSW or something crazy and crazy maths during Uni to

nerd, that actually doesn't look so bad

HolyCheck

Choc said:
apparently this really did happen, i was reading about it somewhere EDIT: guess not, but lols

also the chick on that show Lily Cerna got 100% in a 4unit maths exam in NSW or something crazy and crazy maths during Uni to

nerd, that actually doesn't look so bad

yar she has like 2 or 3 math degrees.

totally a fan <3 and richard and david!

Top Bottom