• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

jambo

MrSerrels said:
This is very true. And they're hot in that 'I'm an alternative girl with my own mind and my own unique beliefs, I only work here so I can fund my band/art/novel writing endeavours' kinda way.

DO WANT.

[Even though I'm married]

*emails post to wife.*

Deeku

Clipper said:
To be honest, I think it will last at least until June 30 like the European deal does. You should receive it just fine, but make sure you register it on US Club Nintendo ASAP once you receive it. I do hope that's the case, but I'm hedging my bets by ensuring I enter the code on day 1 too.

Note that you will also need a US address registered on Club Nintendo to receive the CD in this manner. If you don't have friends over there, Shipito or HopShopGo addresses should work.
Yeah I should probably set up a US Club Nintendo account now that I'm bound to import all this 3ds crap. Cheers for the tip.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, I try to jump onto the Dymocks website and I'm greeted with this:

Dymocks.com.au said:
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

The fuck? At first it was just a general server error message, but then I actually read it and it seems they've IP-banned me for some unfathomable reason.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
reptilescorpio said:
Shouldn't have imported all those books from bookdepository.com. Dey tuk uur jubs!

To be serious I would say they have shut down.

That seems more likely. As it turns out, BD has the books I'm after in stock.

Kritz

Banned
a3BUol.jpg

My cat found a comfortable place to sleep.

jambo

Its very sad that Borders in the Adelaide CBD shut down, I used to love going in for a browse.

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of Carl Sagan's "A Demon Haunted World," might have to look online now.

jambo said:
Its very sad that Borders in the Adelaide CBD shut down, I used to love going in for a browse.

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of Carl Sagan's "A Demon Haunted World," might have to look online now.
I'm sure internet sites will recreate the experience eventually. I think they tried virtual tours like 10 years ago? Might work a little better these days.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Well run back to JB and pick her up man! Also the chicks who work at JB are hot! Love the red tips.
This one wasn't *that* hot, but chicks who are openly into partying++ (one of the reasons I still like to go out in Geelong. Not for the ones who are spastic drunk but the ones who obviously know how to have a good time and carry themselves while still looking/acting awesome. Like me, but female)

Oh, and holy shit I've just realised that I have wireless headphones for Child of Eden. OMFG.

PS. Just got Crackdown 2 today :D

Shaneus said:
PS. Just got Crackdown 2 today :D
I loved Crackdown 2, I don't get why soo many people where done on it. It was just great stupid fun for me. Driving around at night and plowing through hordes of not zombies was soo stupidly amazingly fun. Need to get around to finishing it this weekend me thinks.

Shaneus

Worthintendo said:
I loved Crackdown 2, I don't get why soo many people where done on it. It was just great stupid fun for me. Driving around at night and plowing through hordes of not zombies was soo stupidly amazingly fun. Need to get around to finishing it this weekend me thinks.
I think it's because it wasn't as much of an improvement over the first (I'm guessing). I'm not expecting miracles, but I know for sure I'm going to get my $14 out of it!

Went to buy Mario Galaxy 2 today. It was $92 at JB HI FI and $88 second hand at EB games. What the shit?!! I'm used to games being expensive but seriously wow. Its not even that new a game (Mario Galaxy 1 was the same price, btw).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I can't view spoilers, iPhone doesn't let me unless I fail at the technique to view them!

Upgrade is probably the answer but it's the weekend so eh. It's got funky lines and dots, so I'm reseating the heatsinks and getting rid of the dust, fuck theres a lot if dust!

Maybe I need to try find a cheap videocard and hold out on the upgrade for another few months.

Nemesis_

Jintor said:
Suck it up and buy it

Definitely the best advice anyone can give re: Child of Eden.

I honestly feel you have to be a little bit "into" music to PROPERLY play it though. Anyone can wave about and enjoy it, but music enthusiasts will get that extra level of enjoyment out of it.

Deeku

shanshan310 said:
Went to buy Mario Galaxy 2 today. It was $92 at JB HI FI and $88 second hand at EB games. What the shit?!! I'm used to games being expensive but seriously wow. Its not even that new a game (Mario Galaxy 1 was the same price, btw).
Buy it online!

http://www.ozgameshop.com/wii-games/super-mario-galaxy-2-game-wii

Mario games rarely drop in price, nor should they need to. I'm pretty sure they still sell Mario Kart DS for full retail price.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
Tapping shows me spoilers through the second app site. Anyway, I was suggesting looking for a flashable 6950 2GB.
Well it seems dead.

I dont think I would buy a 6950 on it's own, my c2d is probably going to bottleneck it. It's a nice idea at the same time if I go with bulldozer but I get the feeling newer cards have to be around the corner then.

So I seem to be stuck between a rock and a no computer place.

Crap.

Fredescu

Why buy a shitty video card that you're only going to use until you upgrade? Might as well buy the new video card now and just pop it into your new system when you upgrade the rest. I don't think going less than a 560ti/6950 is very good bang for buck. Plus, you're 7200 is running at ~3.5 right? I don't think it's going to be the bottleneck for all that much really.

Jintor

Nemesis556 said:

I honestly feel you have to be a little bit "into" music to PROPERLY play it though. Anyone can wave about and enjoy it, but music enthusiasts will get that extra level of enjoyment out of it.

I don't know how 'into' music I am, but I'm into music enough to hit that 'holy shit music is awesome' zone that Eden and Rez heavily rely upon

Ydahs

Sweet, my app finally passes 1000 sales :D Slowed down a lot, but hopefully it'll get a slight boost with the upcoming update.

Also just started developing my second iOS app and have gotten pretty far already. It's a simple puzzle game. I'll post a little preview next month :)

Salazar

You dudes are going to have to help me upgrade when it's time.

PC is currently a dream, though. Just Cause 2 is so beautiful. And the sound of the soldiers getting pissy - "hostiles in the sectaaaaaah" - never gets old.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
kase23 said:
remove the plastic heat sinks+fan and bake it, if its already artifacting you don't have much to lose.
I've had a custom cooler on it for over 2 years now. I think it's safe to day it's just dead :(

I might bake it but the dog is now asleep on me and I cbf moving ;D

Fred, see if you can spot something over at scorptec, I think they are open on Saturday.

I'm not a fan of picking something mid range up at the moment. It does feel like we should be getting new cards in a few months and the bf3 guys did say a 570 wont even max it, which is a little disappointing.

I guess I either just say fuck it and upgrade asap or go with a midrange and wait for bulldozer to suck.

Shaneus

Nemesis556 said:

Can't wait until I get into it... the DJ decks I have give some indication that I'm more into music than your average Kinect owner.

Jintor said:
I don't know how 'into' music I am, but I'm into music enough to hit that 'holy shit music is awesome' zone that Eden and Rez heavily rely upon
I think as long as you can hold a rhythm you would enjoy something like Rez/CoE. More about getting into the groove then liking a certain type of music. Since you have some input into the experience even those who don't like electronic music would enjoy it.

Shaneus said:
Can't wait until I get into it... the DJ decks I have give some indication that I'm more into music than your average Kinect owner.
DJ Hero 2? /joking

markot

Banned
Ydahs said:
Sweet, my app finally passes 1000 sales :D Slowed down a lot, but hopefully it'll get a slight boost with the upcoming update.

Also just started developing my second iOS app and have gotten pretty far already. It's a simple puzzle game. I'll post a little preview next month :)
Grats!

Salazar

Shaneus said:
I think it's because it wasn't as much of an improvement over the first (I'm guessing). I'm not expecting miracles, but I know for sure I'm going to get my $14 out of it!

Crackdown 2 makes me apprehensive about a Just Cause 3 - if indeed one ever gets made.

I'd hate the same thing to happen - not because it's a bad game, but because it's not the jump it could be.

Shaneus

Salazar said:
Crackdown 2 makes me apprehensive about a Just Cause 3 - if indeed one ever gets made.

I'd hate the same thing to happen - not because it's a bad game, but because it's not the jump it could be.
Yeah, I hear you. I have a little more faith in the guys behind JC2 though.

Oh, hey AusGAF. I was just playing Child of Eden with my Kinect and surround headphones. Pretty much everyone needs to buy a Kinect and this game. To be honest, I can't see how playing this with a Move will come even remotely close... there's just something about playing this without any kind of controller in your hand that just immerses you so far into this experience, it's fucking ridiculous.

Actually makes me wonder if we'd ever have a chance of seeing Rez HD with some kind of Kinect patch.

BTW Don't worry about the music being less edgy and aggressive than Rez... after all, the games setting (as a prequel to Rez, from what I can tell) suits it perfectly.

It has the full video for Heavenly Star in it, too ^_^

Dead Man

jambo said:

A fantastic book, even if it is a little dated now. Sagan was a wonderful communicator, not just of science, but of the scientific method and why it was important.

Shaneus

Nemesis556 said:
Nope, just a shitty quality "preview". >_>

There's a very nice and cockteasing preview at the title screen too.
I noticed that, too. Is it used to any extent anywhere else in the game (or unlockable fully)? I've only just finished the first world thingy.

It doesn't really matter, though... it's in Lumines, where I can play it on repeat for ever and ever and ever.

Shaneus

Hey Gaz, what's the origin of your GAF avatar? Only reason I ask is that I stumbled across this guy on Twitter looking up CoE stuff and it's in exactly the same style, right down to his initials on his shirt.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i'm so fucking boss at living alone. I just poured half a packet of cereal into my carton of milk, now i have cereal milk.

Nemesis_

Shaneus said:
I noticed that, too. Is it used to any extent anywhere else in the game (or unlockable fully)? I've only just finished the first world thingy.

It doesn't really matter, though... it's in Lumines, where I can play it on repeat for ever and ever and ever.

I have yet to find out. I'm only up to the third archive so far, I really doubt it though. Kind of wish they did. It would be cool if they released some new archives via DLC at some point in the near future too. I doubt it would happen, though. =(

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Woke up just now after one of the wildest nights of my life and I still have all my hair, both my eyebrows and I appear to have no injuries. Yay!

It couldn't have been all that wild then.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Woke up just now after one of the wildest nights of my life and I still have all my hair, both my eyebrows and I appear to have no injuries. Yay!
No blockbuster hollywood movie deal for you sorry.

Salazar said:
Crackdown 2 makes me apprehensive about a Just Cause 3 - if indeed one ever gets made. I'd hate the same thing to happen - not because it's a bad game, but because it's not the jump it could be.
Crackdown was the situation of a bunch of the original developers jumping ship (which is understandable when you are working on APB) and creating Ruffian Games. MS then got them to do the sequel but CD2 released only a year and a half after Ruffian were formed and you could tell a lot of the game was recycled from the original. It's a great game but was a product of the circumstances.

If Ruffian get to do a Crackdown 3 I would expect quite a large leap, like the one between Just Cause 1 and 2.

I wouldn't expect Just Cause 3 until the Wii U launches, now that Avalanche are on a roll after JC2 they will want to get some new IP up and running while publishers are interested. Renegade Ops looks like a lot of fun and we might even see Aion Guard development resumed.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bigger bag is required, glad I brought my own thou, doesn't look like Umart have bags.

I also missed the bus by a few minutes so now I wait 25 for the next one.

Top Bottom