• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Omikron

Choc said:
child of eden is amazing

Kinect justified.

lol.

Personally I am looking forward to Ghost Recon and high five-ing the enemy to kill him.

Edit: And fucking lol @ being introduced to some new guy that is working for us now by the guy I probably have the most run ins around the office, used to be classed a 'senior dev' by him, now its just 'coder'. lmao.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
You need to determine a Control Schnitz though Holy, how else are you going to add a scientific weight to the experiment. At the moment it just reads like an angry old man blog. Also a Parmy schnitzel should be cooked differently to a regular Schnitz. Otherwise it will get too dry by the time the Parmy ingredients are cooked.
The control schnitz is always the one Mum used to/does make. In our family that's always the ones from Safeway so it was a fairly low bar (sorry Mum) but it does provide a baseline.

PS. I'm with Rez on the "schnitty" thing. Ugh.

Omi said:
lol.

Personally I am looking forward to Ghost Recon and high five-ing the enemy to kill him.
Holy shit, just had the best idea ever, thanks to this post. Kinect Three Stooges simulator. Eye-poking, head slapping... it has to be done!

Choc

Banned
Watch politics today people, we might have an election called by the end of the day

Tony putting forward a motion to force a referendum on the carbon tax issue. I think it will get up and then the Labor part is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Choc said:
Watch politics today people, we might have an election called by the end of the day

Tony putting forward a motion to force a referendum on the carbon tax issue. I think it will get up and then the Labor part is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

I heard about this on the radio this morning, could get interesting.

jambo

People have a problem with the word "Schnitty" in here?

:lol

Crackdown 2 arrived today, hopefully it was worth the $13. I loved the first so as long as it's more of the same with a few sprinkles of new stuff I'll be happy.

Omikron

Choc said:

We need people to point out that we have 2 potential options for action on climate change from the 2 major parties.

1) is the carbon tax, which is an attempt to tax big business, compensating those normal folk.
2) is the giving of money to big business in order to 'encourage' them to lower their emissions.

Tony Abbott is a fucking idiot. End of.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
We need people to point out that we have 2 potential options for action on climate change from the 2 major parties.

1) is the carbon tax, which is an attempt to tax big business, compensating those normal folk.
2) is the giving of money to big business in order to 'encourage' them to lower their emissions.

Tony Abbott is a fucking idiot. End of.

no argument omi, but there is no doubt he has momentum at the moment

Omikron

Choc said:
no argument omi, but there is no doubt he has momentum at the moment

People are fucking stupid and labor are even more so by not selling their schemes properly and staying on message.

Fredescu

Choc said:
That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard. No way will it get up.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
People are fucking stupid and labor are even more so by not selling their schemes properly and staying on message.

We need Rudd back

Labor are tools for not reinstalling him! :p

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard. No way will it get up.

I was watching ABC 24 this morning, he has some of the independants support, fielding and xenaphon in the senate and he only needed 1 more in the lower house

it's more likely than you think and abc24 agreed

Omikron

Choc said:
I was watching ABC 24 this morning, he has some of the independants support, fielding and xenaphon in the senate and he only needed 1 more in the lower house

it's more likely than you think and abc24 agreed
lol.

Can't wait til that douche bag is gone. 8) Party time.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
jambo said:
Crackdown 2 arrived today, hopefully it was worth the $13. I loved the first so as long as it's more of the same with a few sprinkles of new stuff I'll be happy.

Sweet, hopefully that means mine will arrive soon. Been itching for something new to play.

Started Portal 2 on Thursday, finished it by Sunday. Found the puzzles--for the most part--not brain-teasing enough. Particularly once I figured out that just about every portal-able surface was there because it needed to be. There were almost no red herrings, and it seemed like most puzzles only had one solution which is a big shame.

Really enjoyable though, just long enough.

HolyCheck said:
It's my blog reviewing chicken schnitzels in melbourne.
So you're comparing an admitted "casual fast food" schnitzel against pub schnitzels? Might as well proclaim yourself a burger reviewer, and then go into McDonald's and start bagging it.

Why not try somewhere like Mrs Parmas?

Shaneus

Omi said:
High-five?

The idea came from physically hitting people with an open hand. My mind works in really, really strange ways.

Surprised to hear your copy of Crackdown 2 arrived today, jambo... I got mine on Friday and had a blast with it. Not quite the same feeling as the first game (feels a bit looser in general, for some reason) but there's nothing else like it out there so it's still pretty good.

Fredescu

Choc said:
It doesn't make sense. If a majority in the lower house don't want the tax, just vote against it. A referendum would never succeed so it's just burning money. Fiscally responsible :lol.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
It doesn't make sense. If a majority in the lower house don't want the tax, just vote against it. A referendum would never succeed so it's just burning money. Fiscally responsible :lol.

This x infinity.

Then there is the wanting a new election thing. Ridiculous.

jambo

codswallop said:
Started Portal 2 on Thursday, finished it by Sunday. Found the puzzles--for the most part--not brain-teasing enough. Particularly once I figured out that just about every portal-able surface was there because it needed to be. There were almost no red herrings, and it seemed like most puzzles only had one solution which is a big shame.

Can't wait for the DLC to come out, hopefully we'll get some more Portal 1 style puzzles with multiple ways to finish. It was pretty obvious that in Portal 2 Valve were guiding the player along a lot of the way.

Salazar said:
Kinect: Attacked by Bees.

oprah-bees.gif

Shaneus

Rahk said:
Terrible abbreviation.
I'm not sure it's even an abbreviation... same amount of syllables. "Schnitz" is okay because it takes half the time to say it (even though I've never used it).
jambo said:
Terrible? I find it goes along with a lot of other Aussie abbreviations. Schnitty, parmy, dunny, etc
Parmy? Parma.
Dunny? Toilet. Can.

Jintor

Fredescu said:
What are you basing that on? I would say Choc is more positive about more video games than anyone in this thread.

We're going to need data to support this hypothesis!

I thought Choc was the grump. Is he just not the grump for vidyagames?

Fredescu

Jintor said:
We're going to need data to support this hypothesis!

I thought Choc was the grump. Is he just not the grump for vidyagames?
He's not really a grump, he just enjoys a good moral outrage. Perhaps it's more evident in Steam chat, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him describe a game as "FUCKING AWESOME". I don't recall him expressing any cynical opinions on video games at all.

Kritz

Banned
jambo said:
Terrible? And it's more slang than abbreviation and I find it goes along with a lot of other Aussie slang. Schnitty, parmy, dunny, bottle-o, arvo, etc

The Australian art of bastardising words never ceases to amaze me.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
He's not really a grump, he just enjoys a good moral outrage. Perhaps it's more evident in Steam chat, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him describe a game as "FUCKING AWESOME". I don't recall him expressing any cynical opinions on video games at all.

Choc is in marketing yeah? :p

jambo

Shaneus said:
"Cunty" to you :p

Ok you cunty cunt-o =P

So I played some BFBC2 last night. It was fun, but I played so much back when it first came out that it was a little bit boring. I think one of the main problems is that I've been playing a lot of MP games with mic recently, and no one in the server I was on was talking at all.

Anyone up for some BFBC2 at some point with a vent or TS server for talk?

Jintor

Fredescu said:

Steam chat has become like every other chat channel that I used to frequent: dead when I am there

Clipper

Anybody with a US 3DS wanting the OoT 3D soundtrack CD, get a friend to buy you the game now and send you the code. The rules have changed:

Club Nintendo said:
Due to strong demand and technical issues, we are extending this offer. Members who register the game by midnight, Pacific Time on Monday June 20, 2011 will receive the soundtrack CD.

Everyone who completes a survey for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D game by midnight, Pacific Time on Monday June 20, 2011 will receive the soundtrack CD. You will receive an email confirmation within 7 days to confirming we have placed your order.

Please ensure the address on your account is your valid mailing address, so we can send the CD to you.

I am so relieved that I cancelled my Amazon order now.

trinest

You know I would be for a carbon tax if it was a REALLY small ammount, and a static ammount which wont change for at least 20+ years, as well as all the money attributed to it- been put aside to education and funding an Australian Science sector to invent and come up with more effencicent ways of electricity blah blah blah. Instead of just been another huge ass tax which will go streight to the fat cats pockets.

Deeku

Clipper said:
Anybody with a US 3DS wanting the OoT 3D soundtrack CD, get a friend to buy you the game now and send you the code. The rules have changed:

I am so relieved that I cancelled my Amazon order now.
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for my copy to be shipped:(

Oh well, maybe it will be as awesome as the mario anniversary cd and I won't care anymore.

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for my copy to be shipped:(

Oh well, maybe it will be as awesome as the mario anniversary cd and I won't care anymore.
Do you have any friends in the US that could buy the game, send you the code and ship to you? You should still have time to cancel the Amazon order (but not much, so check you still can first)...

We do know it should be better than the Mario one. It has 50 tracks! Although given what Nintendo got the orchestra to do at the conference and the Mario CD, a bunch of those could just be the item riffs and stuff, I guess.

Here's the dot points:
  • 50 tracks from the game, many never before released.
  • 1 fully orchestrated medley specially recorded for the soundtrack.
  • Liner notes include new character illustrations created for the Nintendo 3DS release, and a special message from Mr. Miyamoto and Mr. Kondo.

And it even has its own Iwata Asks...

Deeku

Whoa that's actually kinda awesome.

Luckily, I just msn'd my cousin in Canada and he said he will send the cd to me since he bought 2 copies of OoT.

Success!

fisheyes

Shaneus said:
Parmy? Parma.
Dunny? Toilet. Can.

These are wrong on every single level of their being. Its absolutely definitely a parmy. And a 'can'? Yeah... nah.

Speaking of which, having just got back from Hawaii, the Yank's inability to sell any sort of schnitty, let alone a parmy, is ridiculous. The rest of the holiday was amazing, though.

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
Whoa that's actually kinda awesome.

Luckily, I just msn'd my cousin in Canada and he said he will send the cd to me since he bought 2 copies of OoT.

Success!
Yay, but there is a slight problem.

If he hasn't entered it yet, perhaps get him to send you the code ASAP as the rules state that each person can only get one. If he registers both, he may only receive one. You also need to set your Club Nintendo address to a place that can ship to you and I don't know if your cousin's place is valid in that regard.

Choc

Banned
how the heck is this not a form of discrimination and legal?

A DATING website which promotes itself as the largest most exclusively beautiful community in the world is being forced to dump 30,000 ugly members after a computer virus allowed them to join up.

Last month Beautifulpeople.com was hit the Shrek virus - named after the ugly animated character - which hacked the software used to screen potential members.

But aesthetically challenged members are so outraged at the move that the website’s operators have been forced to set up a counselling line to help them deal with the rejection.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...ys/story-e6frfro0-1226078424607#ixzz1PmT2XgRc

On another note, once its fixed it would be interesting to try upload a profile and see if it accepts us lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think i may have sourced a cheap and quick way to get stuff from amazon from the new guy at work.

I'm not too sure if I will use it however i did a quick comparison on my SSD and CPU hamburger cooler before shipping.

PCG - $478
Amazon - $350

Both items from Amazon are cheaper than the single SSD from PCG. This shit is so tempting right now :(

I haven't been able to find the exact model for my GPU cooler at amazon and it looks like the price difference is only about $25 (pretty much the same difference between the cpu cooler). The $100 price difference on the SSD is the real killer here, Damn it's expensive locally.

Top Bottom