• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kirby102

Choc said:
also donkey kong 94 is awesome. That is all.

EDIT: Aus retailer with Ocarina in stock. EU version

http://www.game-lane.com.au/3ds-games/3219-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-3ds.html

they ship quick.

FFFF to wait another week... or get it in 3 days.... Hmm. Exam's in three days. FFFFF.

Also, Donkey Kong '94 is awesome.

ediT: Just called them now, they only have 1 in stock lol. And someone's already preordered that. They said they were going to get more in stock later in the week, but it'll be by next week when it ships. :\

LAME XD

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I have an EU and Amazon version coming, but if it doesn't ship by tonight I'm gonna cancel it because my others will show up.

edit: Hmm decided to cancel my Amazon order and can't now :( Fuck.

Kritz

Banned
hUWewl.jpg

Fuck yo comfy couch.

markot

Banned
"Are you in favour of a law to impose a carbon tax?" put before Australians at a cost of around $80 million.

Heres a great use of some of your tax payer money!

trinest said:
You know I would be for a carbon tax if it was a REALLY small ammount, and a static ammount which wont change for at least 20+ years, as well as all the money attributed to it- been put aside to education and funding an Australian Science sector to invent and come up with more effencicent ways of electricity blah blah blah. Instead of just been another huge ass tax which will go streight to the fat cats pockets.

It's not. Carbon tax is such a misnomer.

elfinke

All the schnitzel talk on the page prior got me (
hungry
) thinking: are there any AusGAFFERS not in capital cities? Admittedly, I haven't paid a lot of attention in all the lurking I've done in here, so if you've loudly proclaimed your geographical location before then I apologise :)

Fredescu

If Newcastle and Geelong count, there's a few. Orbi is a country boy too I believe, but he doesn't read the thread so he doesn't count.

r1chard

roosters93 said:
It's not. Carbon tax is such a misnomer.
It's a testament to the utter incompetence of the government, and the ingrained bias of the loudest parts of the media, that we're in this position.

BTW, here's a fun fact for you. You know how we're "going it alone" or "doing it first" or some other such crap that the right-wingers love to say? The first "carbon tax" was introduced in 1990 in Finland. Sweden, Norway and Denmark followed within a couple of years. Then Germany. And Japan. All more than a decade ago.

markot

Banned
My guess is that they are betting on the compensation package winning most people over when it is announced. That plus some extra sweetners for the 'battlers'.

If they can sell the carbon price in a way to show that all the money recieved from business and whatnot goes towards compensating people and funding renewables and trying to lower over all emissions, I dont think most people will see it as a 'tax'.

r1chard

markot said:
My guess is that they are betting on the compensation package winning most people over when it is announced. That plus some extra sweetners for the 'battlers'.
But they shouldn't have to wait to ram home that the whole thing is designed to be revenue neutral. It should have no impact on the average battler. Why they're not constantly reinforcing this is beyond me.

markot

Banned
I think they do try to, but the Media/Coalition/interest groups are better at framing issues imo, especially when Labour hasnt announced the package, and cant point to x or y to show that most people will be equal or better off under the new system.

markot

Banned
Why dont they just set it up as digital downloads >_<? Wouldnt it be alot less expensive than mailing out all these cds?

hirokazu

trinest said:
You know I would be for a carbon tax if it was a REALLY small ammount, and a static ammount which wont change for at least 20+ years, as well as all the money attributed to it- been put aside to education and funding an Australian Science sector to invent and come up with more effencicent ways of electricity blah blah blah. Instead of just been another huge ass tax which will go streight to the fat cats pockets.
What.

hirokazu

markot said:
Why dont they just set it up as digital downloads >_<? Wouldnt it be alot less expensive than mailing out all these cds?
Fuck that. Physical copy with printed liner notes. Fuck the shitty 256kbps digital copies, if I wanted that, I could rip the CD myself. :p

Dead Man

hirokazu said:
Fuck that. Physical copy with printed liner notes. Fuck the shitty 256kbps digital copies, if I wanted that, I could rip the CD myself. :p
They could have a flac format or something. CD is a digital copy anyway, just on a disc.

Salazar

Tony wants a plebiscite, but refuses to confirm that he will not rescind the carbon tax anyway even if the results favour it.

A 70 million dollar propaganda experiment. Awesome idea.

hirokazu

markot said:
Its not an orchestrated sound track though is it? Outside of one or two songs?
My guess is that most of it will be similar to the original N64 soundtrack aside from the new additions. But still, I just like physical copies that I'll look at once and put on the shelf :)

markot

Banned
Abbots an imcompetent. (Just slightly more than the government >.<)

He is all about stunts. Surprised he hasnt put on the budgie smugglers and personally redirected a boat from xmas island to nauru...

Dead Man

Salazar said:
Tony wants a plebiscite, but refuses to confirm that he will not rescind the carbon tax anyway even if the results favour it.

A 70 million dollar propaganda experiment. Awesome idea.
He used the word plebiscite? He has come a long way, hasn't he?

Choc

Banned
markot said:
Abbots an imcompetent. (Just slightly more than the government >.<)

He is all about stunts. Surprised he hasnt put on the budgie smugglers and personally redirected a boat from xmas island to nauru...

people in glass houses.....

:)

Choc

Banned
On Wednesday i am due to fly to Wellington, NZ on QANTAS and home from Auckland (with a flight in between) on Friday by Emirates.

So lets have a guess @ what is going to happen. The ash cloud is predicted to be just off the NSW coast on Wednesday early hours. My flight is 9am.

1. QANTAS will cancel all flights to NZ on Wednesday. Choc won't go to NZ.

2. Choc will get to wellington but delayed numerous hours.

2. QANTAS will get Choc to Wellington on time, but he will get stuck and not able to fly to Auckland on Thursday.

3. Choc will get to Auckland thursday evening, but get stuck on Friday evening in Auckland.

4. The trip will have no interruptions.

Given the forecast of the ash, and given how qantas has been cancelling flights, my guess right now is no 1.

art-Ash_path-420x0.jpg

Ash forecast for next 36 hrs

Fucking QANTAS. Fuck them. Fuck them up the butt.

They're a terrible airline. The only one that wouldn't fly under the ash cloud because it cost them more money. Virgin, on the other hand, got me home from Sydney last weekend no problem*.

*OK, they did kick us off our scheduled flight onto a later one to help people who had already been delayed, so that sucked, but at least they were flying.

Choc said:
i actually dont care if i dont go to NZ. I do care if i get stuck there.

That's why #2 will happen. "QANTAS will get Choc to Wellington on time, but he will get stuck and not able to fly to Auckland on Thursday." Such is the will of airlines.

MrSerrels

Choc said:
On Wednesday i am due to fly to Wellington, NZ on QANTAS and home from Auckland (with a flight in between) on Friday by Emirates.

So lets have a guess @ what is going to happen. The ash cloud is predicted to be just off the NSW coast on Wednesday early hours. My flight is 9am.

1. QANTAS will cancel all flights to NZ on Wednesday. Choc won't go to NZ.

2. Choc will get to wellington but delayed numerous hours.

2. QANTAS will get Choc to Wellington on time, but he will get stuck and not able to fly to Auckland on Thursday.

3. Choc will get to Auckland thursday evening, but get stuck on Friday evening in Auckland.

4. The trip will have no interruptions.

Given the forecast of the ash, and given how qantas has been cancelling flights, my guess right now is no 1.

art-Ash_path-420x0.jpg

Ash forecast for next 36 hrs

Emirates is boss.

That is all.

Choc

Banned
i really need to stop watching air crash investigations just before i fly

A few years ago i watched one the night before I flew to NZ on Air NZ and it was about an AIR NZ FLIGHT!!!!!

its compulsive viewing though :|

jambo

Sutton Dagger said:
5. Choc will catch the flight, said flight will run into difficulties and plane will plummet 30,000 feet into the ocean...

He makes it to a deserted island, where he lives off of the local fruit and wild life whilst building a raft out of EA game boxes and promotional materials. Along the way he befriends a copy of Medal of Honor upon which blood stains form a face.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
He makes it to a deserted island, where he lives off of the local fruit and wild life whilst building a raft out of EA game boxes and promotional materials. Along the way he befriends a copy of Medal of Honor upon which blood stains form a face.

ah shit this is going to turn into one of those continue the stories posts isnt it

markot said:

If they can sell the carbon price in a way to show that all the money recieved from business and whatnot goes towards compensating people and funding renewables and trying to lower over all emissions, I dont think most people will see it as a 'tax'.

If all goes to plan not only will there be generous compensation for the low and middle class, there will an vastly increased pension, and the Ross Garnaut recommended tax cuts will be implemented. The government are actually very keen on implementing the last two to make the carbon tax look better, but knowing them somehow it won't happen.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
And Choc, you won't have Ocarina of Time for any of it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Choc

Banned
it begins

Virgin Australia has suspended all services into and out of Adelaide and Mildura tomorrow as the ash cloud from a volcano in Chile returns to Australian airspace.

Choc

Banned
A referendum,[1] sometimes called a plebiscite,[2] is a vote by all the people about a political issue

So call it a referendum?

wait there is a difference

Plebiscite
plebiscite (pl&#277;b'&#301;s&#299;t) [Lat.,=popular decree], vote of the people on a question submitted to them, as in a referendum. The term, however, has acquired the more specific meaning of a popular vote concerning changes of sovereignty, as compared to a regularized system of popular voting upon laws and constitutional amendments

So the Carbon Tax is a matter of sovreignty? what the fuck?

Omikron

Choc said:
A referendum,[1] sometimes called a plebiscite,[2] is a vote by all the people about a political issue

So call it a referendum?

wait there is a difference

Plebiscite
plebiscite (pl&#277;b'&#301;s&#299;t) [Lat.,=popular decree], vote of the people on a question submitted to them, as in a referendum. The term, however, has acquired the more specific meaning of a popular vote concerning changes of sovereignty, as compared to a regularized system of popular voting upon laws and constitutional amendments

So the Carbon Tax is a matter of sovreignty? what the fuck?

Abbott is odd. He also knows referendums (etc) fail in Australia.

Gazunta

Instead of marking the number of days he's been stranded on a cave wall he just writes a long list of "things that are FUCKED"

Top Bottom