• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

HolyCheck said:
The melbourne schnitzel do not do that, it tends to just be a piece of crumbed chicken breast.
You mean it's not flattened? Plenty of places in Melbourne do that. But I haven't noticed too many with gravy...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Omi said:
Try the Sherlock Holmes.

Collins St, between Queen and William Sts. Their pub fare is pretty top notch and well priced imo. I am not down with the parma thing and don't get why Victorians love them so much, but if I am to have one, I will have one there. Usually pretty good and not completely dried out like most places. Seen a few people get schnitzels (they may just have veal ones, but unsure), and they also look pretty decent. Gravy is unknown.

Also, their Tuesday night trivia is quality. Likelihood of bumping into me? Fairly high.

many thanks Omi, i shall give it a look into

Danoss said:
Haha, cheers mate. I'm watching on Foxtel. Nice tight game of footy.

I'd be going for Manly if they weren't playing the Eels also. This is strange, we're supposed to hate each-other according to tradition.

Oh shit dude...I feel bad. It always sucks when you get a try scored against you in the last minutes, I know how it feels :(

Danoss

Sutton Dagger said:
Oh shit dude...I feel bad. It always sucks when you get a try scored against you in the last minutes, I know how it feels :(
Too right it does. Nice win by the Sea-Eagles to keep pushing and not giving up. Disappointing result for the Eels, but they should be proud as they have been rubbished by everyone and they really put what I think is the top team in the comp to the test. I enjoyed every minute though, they both put on a great show and an exciting game of footy. Win or lose, that's the sort of game that makes me love Rugby League as much as I do.

Also, check your PM's, I have a solution to your non-Foxtel solution.

Those who've read Game of Thrones and watched the last episode of the first season: How far into the first book did the first season of the TV series get?

Jintor

Given where they were up to last episode, I'm going to make the educated guess that the first season is the entirity of the first book

Dead Man

http://www.news.com.au/business/caught-off-guard-by-a-name/story-e6frfm1i-1226078848687
A SURF turf war has erupted between lifesavers and lifeguards, with allegations of money-grabbing flying across the sand.

The feud broke out after Surf Life Saving Australia quietly trademarked the word "lifeguard" and moved to restrict its use in merchandise.

Lifeguards are furious, accusing the cashed-up SLSA of greed and sneakiness.

The dispute has deepened divisions between volunteer lifesavers, who patrol beaches on weekends and public holidays, and lifeguards - professionals employed by local councils on weekdays and throughout winter.

The SLSA has also trademarked the famous red and yellow patrol flags and terms such as "surf rescue", "surf patrol" and "nipper" with Federal Government body IP (Intellectual Property) Australia.

Australian Professional Ocean Lifeguard Association secretary John Andrews, whose organisation represents hundreds of Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast lifeguards, said his members were shocked and "miffed" at the move.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

He said it could wipe out funding to his organisation, which provided training and support for members - most of whom were also lifesavers - and was sponsored by companies selling lifeguard apparel.

"It was a big surprise to us," Mr Andrews said. "They've done it without any industry consultation and we're somewhat miffed that they've taken this approach."

Mr Andrews said retailers selling lifeguard-branded merchandise had been told to stop, and his organisation's sponsors were getting nervous.

He said many groups and companies which used the word "lifeguard", such as water theme parks, would be affected by SLSA's "heavy-handed" action. The move was also believed to have affected hit TV show Bondi Rescue.

"Surf Life Saving Australia has taken a view that organisations using the word "lifeguard" have to get permission from them," Mr Andrews said.

"The financial impact for us is quite significant. Unlike Surf Life Saving, we receive no government funding."

Mr Andrews said SLSA appeared to be going down a commercial path instead of concentrating on saving lives.

A SLSA spokesman said the organisation had "trademarked the term lifeguard to ensure it is used by legitimate organisations for legitimate purposes".

"We're in no way stopping any legitimate group or organisation from using the term," he said.
Classy. :/

Ydahs

Dead Man banned? :eek: edit: oh boy, wasn't his proudest moment

Ferocious winds in Melbourne. Gonna be hard to sleep tonight.

Ydahs

Bloody hell, this wind is insaaaane. Windows are rattling like I've never heard before. Hope there's no damage in the neighborhood, as there are some fairly large trees on the sidewalks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shame to see Dead Man banned.

Hey, you guys, play Alice Madness Returns because it is really, really cool.

Choc

Banned
FYI people

QANTAS cancelled all flights from Canberra from 12pm

Sydney Airport from 3pm

:eek:

Virgin will probably follow suit

Tiger is grounded nationwide.

Man, Ryan Dunn died in a car crash. Big part of my youth was watching the CKY videos with my mates and doing stupid shit.

Rez said:
Yes, yes it is. American McGee somehow didn't drag the game down for once.

Ydahs said:
Bloody hell, this wind is insaaaane. Windows are rattling like I've never heard before. Hope there's no damage in the neighborhood, as there are some fairly large trees on the sidewalks.
Yeah it got quite bad. Thankfully none of the cars were flipped so I can still get to work. Yay!

Choc said:
FYI people
QANTAS cancelled all flights from Canberra from 12pm
Sydney Airport from 3pm
:eek:
Virgin will probably follow suit
Tiger is grounded nationwide.
Petrol prices to skyrocket confirmed.

Stackboy

reptilescorpio said:
Man, Ryan Dunn died in a car crash. Big part of my youth was watching the CKY videos with my mates and doing stupid shit.

Thats really sad, was just watching a feature on him this morning, about his new show.

Omikron

Rez said:
Shame to see Dead Man banned.

There is some sort of irony in the banning considering his disagreement with punishment in that thread. Heh.

Rez said:

Does it compare at all to the original?

Twas a very enjoyable game at the time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Omi said:
Does it compare at all to the original?

Twas a very enjoyable game at the time.
I haven't played the original. This is an excellent 3D platformer with a really cool combat system that is Bayonetta-esque in its focus on dodging and defense.

It's really, really fun and there is SO MUCH quality content. It reminds me of how games were before they became too expensive to last for over six hours.

It's very slow-paced compared to many games today, it doesn't constantly pat you on the back, but it taps into the nostalgia-centre in my brain and it's super, yo

Omikron

Rez said:
I haven't played the original. This is an excellent 3D platformer with a really cool combat system that is Bayonetta-esque in its focus on dodging and defense.

It's really, really fun and there is SO MUCH quality content. It reminds me of how games were before they became too expensive to last for over six hours.

Cool, I think I might check it out just for the fact its a platformer and on PC :p

You really should go back and play the original, although I get the feeling ti will feel quite dated.

Edit: For those into Football.... Aussie u17 team play this morning against Ivory Coast starting 8:45 on sbs (or at a stream near you)

Edit2: Linky! - http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/flash

Choc

Banned
Just pre-emptively cancelled my NZ trip

will go at a later time when this ash pisses off.

Sydney Airport being closed from 3pm means its going to be chaos there for at least a day

edit: also game of thrones is coming to foxtel in July, saw it on a bus

i know most of you dont care but some might

EDIT: Wow this is getting crazy

-QANTAS international looks like its gone from 3pm onwards. No London flights

-Gold Coast and Brisbane airport will be closed this afternoon along with Sydney and canberra

overnight the Darwin VAAC has realised that this cloud is bigger and more dense than last time it flew by. WTF!

:|

trinest

Went for a job interview, but I'm afraid my occasional nerves laugh, and horrible phrasing of some questions and the fact I don't have my Ps or higher yet; will hinder me.

Oh well, experience right? ha.

Choc

Banned
Shaneus said:
Really liked that article. Definitely puts that single tweet in context.

i found it brilliant. I feel sorry for the guy in a way now. What he tweeted was wrong, but shit, if he is talking about the destructoid review he is right.

Choc

Banned
Tasmania closed from 3pm

CASA will be controlling airspace over the next 3 days, not the airlines.

This is completely different to last week where they let the airlines make their own choices. This cloud seems bigger and more dense and the biggest problem, lower.

Melbourne airport closed from 4pm.

Airlines are urging people to fly only if necessary. Aka if you are at home, stay put.

I feel the nz cancellation is the right thing now.

trinest

Choc said:
Tasmania closed from 3pm.
I'm sorry but this is the funniest thing ever. It's like its an amusement park and its closed for the day. Some of the rides are broken down but we still love it.

jambo

I wouldn't mind if they closed Tasmania permanently...

;)

Adelaide Airport is also pretty much deserted, except for a few regional and international flights

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/adelaide-airport-quiet-as-volcanic-ash-cloud-passes/story-e6frf7jx-1226079051714

At Adelaide airport, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Air New Zealand were operating as well as some regional flights.

Qantas has suspended services to and from Adelaide, all Canberra flights to 12pm (AEST) and all Sydney flights from 3pm.

Its discount airline Jetstar has also cancelled Adelaide flights.

Virgin has suspended all flights to Adelaide and Mildura, while budget carrier Tiger Airways has cancelled all services around Australia before 2pm.

Most airlines say they will reassess the remaining flight schedule mid-morning.

Top Bottom