• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Clipper

Thought I might post a pic for later comparison. This is a picture from UNSW of the airspace over Sydney Airport taken at about 11:30. Let's see how it looks at 3PM when they are starting the shutdown...
photo-20.jpg

jambo

I just realised we've already passed 8,000 posts in AusGAF 3.0

It took us 4 months to reach 8,000 in AusGAF 2.0, but only 2 months to reach 8,000 in AusGAF 3.0.

Procrastination central!

trinest

jambo said:
I just realised we've already passed 8,000 posts in AusGAF 3.0

It took us 4 months to reach 8,000 in AusGAF 2.0, but only 2 months to reach 8,000 in AusGAF 3.0.

Procrastination central!
How long until we reach AusGAF 4.0

jambo

trinest said:
How long until we reach AusGAF 4.0

Well AusGAF 1.0 was 33,000 posts and AusGAF 2.0 was 20,000 posts so I'd say anywhere between those two.

At the rate we're going we could have a new thread in the next 4 months!

trinest

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I'll tell you what won't pull the chicks - Shantae. I was playing it on the bus last night and my fiancee looked over at what I was doing and said "Why are you playing a girl game?"
Well why are you?

Choc

Banned
RT @abcnews: International flights inbound to Sydney have been diverted to Brisbane #ashcloud

Sydney going down is serious business, so many people are going to be screwed.

It isn't a girl's game, dammit! Just because it has characters named Risky Boots and Rottytops and the main character is a dancing genie who transforms into a mermaid doesn't make it a girl game!

It's heaps of fun and a pretty solid metroidvania-esque 2D platformer with gorgeous backgrounds and spritework. Easily worth the price of entry.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Choc said:
RT @abcnews: International flights inbound to Sydney have been diverted to Brisbane #ashcloud

Sydney going down is serious business, so many people are going to be screwed.
They get to go to Brisbane instead of Sydney. Sounds like a good thing.

Jintor

It isn't a girl's game, dammit! Just because it has characters named Risky Boots and Rottytops and the main character is a dancing genie who transforms into a mermaid doesn't make it a girl game!

It's heaps of fun and a pretty solid metroidvania-esque 2D platformer with gorgeous backgrounds and spritework. Easily worth the price of entry.

Love the sprites.

Wish the game wasn't quite so 'you have no fucking idea what to do next and we're not going to remind you what you need to do next'

Jintor said:
Love the sprites.

Wish the game wasn't quite so 'you have no fucking idea what to do next and we're not going to remind you what you need to do next'
Yeah, and the game needs a more interconnected map, or at least better warp points. Other than that, it's pretty solid.

Jintor

I can't help but feel that it gets what little publicity it does get from being fairly above-average in a field of crap though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
SSD ordered and my coolers will be soon, will do it over lunch.

Since i now have to reinstall windows, Has anyone here lately done a W7 install with the latest updates/sp1 included? Along with any tweaks/apps/whatevers? If so, What app did you use?

I think Shantae suffers mostly in the level design. The dungeons are boss, but the overworld really needs better connections or backtracking for powerups and loot becomes a chore. Seriously, trying to get to the third dungeon from literally anywhere else on the map is so freaking annoying.

Also, the different sections of each area need to look less "samey".

That said, it is a lot of fun.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Any US 3DS owners want a copy of OoT3D... will have one now.

Also at the end of the day, I'm not really digging Shantae. Must be nostalgia glasses.

Jintor

I think Shantae suffers mostly in the level design. The dungeons are boss, but the overworld really needs better connections or backtracking for powerups and loot becomes a chore. Seriously, trying to get to the third dungeon from literally anywhere else on the map is so freaking annoying.

Also, the different sections of each area need to look less "samey".

That said, it is a lot of fun.

I love the monkey power

It is the best power

What's really grabbing me though is Pictobits. That game is very good

I am glad that Nintendo have taken this OS approach to their portables, but now they need to front up the software. Even if it's just digging into their extensive back catalogues they need to front the good software now.

I just wish the
bullet monkey
power did damage to enemies. Sections based on using it would have been so rad.

VOOK said:
Any US 3DS owners want a copy of OoT3D... will have one now.

Also at the end of the day, I'm not really digging Shantae. Must be nostalgia glasses.
Why didn't you ask yesterday? :(

I didn't even know the first game existed until they announced Risky's Revenge. I like it in spite of its flaws.

Clipper

It's getting a little cloudier over the airport at approximately 1 PM...
photo-21.jpg

And if anyone is having trouble with the big images (~2MB each) let me know and I'll post links instead.

markot

Banned
According to Dick Smith, the ash is so disperse that it does no short term damage, ie it wont burn out engines, but it will do some long term damage to planes that is probably why they are avoiding flying. He said its kinda stupid too!

Choc

Banned
BOM just announced that sydney airport is going to be affected for 48 hrs from this afternoon

fark

i have a feeling my flight is goin to get cancelled anyway

Clipper

Looks like they're stepping up their schedule pretty quickly. I'm seeing several planes taking off in quick succession and taking different flight paths than usual. Cloud is beginning to look a little ominous too.

jambo said:
You could make a gif clipper, take a shot every 15 minutes =P
Yeah, if I had a way to mount my iPhone to have a fixed position, like a tripod, I might have.

Choc

Banned
hey jambo ill wait for this ash stuff to stop before i post coe, ill try to get it to you for weekend

else it might get lost (it will go by air)

jambo

All good, would rather have it a little late than not have it at all!

I just hooked my 360 up down stairs on the weekend, I forgot how awesome it is on a huge plasma. Just wish it had wireless for LIVE =\

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gaaraa said:
Kmart will have OoT for $49 according to the catalogue starting this week. Can't see anywhere beating that.

I think DSE have it for that too.

Shaneus

Having just received both Crackdown 2 and Child of Eden, I've finally remembered what it's like to game without doing it for the sake of my backlog. Both are great to play for very different reasons.

Hi, I'm Shane and I'm addicted to orb collecting.

Top Bottom