• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone listen to Steve Price and Bolter in morning or Chris Smith in the afternoon on MTR1377? Those guys speak the truth. Don't disagree with me, i speak facts.

Choc

Banned
Gez said:
Anyone listen to Steve Price and Bolter in morning or Chris Smith in the afternoon on MTR1377? Those guys speak the truth. Don't disagree with me, i speak facts.

This is a *great* start for a junior member in ausgaf

both of them are FUCKING IDIOTS just like Alan Jones and Ray Hadley

People listen to radio for something other than music?

Obviously being facetious with those two posts, but by "Bolter" did you mean Andrew Bolt? If so... Oh dear.

Card Boy

Banned
Choc said:
This is a *great* start for a junior member in ausgaf

both of them are FUCKING IDIOTS just like Alan Jones and Ray Hadley

I don't know who Ray Hadley is, i assume he is Sydney based?

Come on! I don't get whats so bad about them. They have some views i agree with in regards to the Carbon Tax and the Labour government. I'm not right wing by any means, but it's good listening to views that are not always from the far left which the ABC tends to be.

Everyone needs to read this thread. Such a good laugh.

Gez said:
Don't mind Choc. He is angry sometimes. Also my radio doesn't move from Triple J, every other channel gives me the shits too quickly.

Omi said:
People still listen to the radio? :p
Mock-yeah. Ing-yeah. Bird-yeah.gif

Choc

Banned
they come under the terms of shock jock continuously, are biased as shit and continuously break ACMA rules (and are being investigated for it right now) by not offering the views of both sides. Its a legal requirement that they offer both sides of airtime on an argument and they never ever do

shock jock
SLANG a radio talk-show host who features material that is deliberately offensive, vulgar, etc.

Omikron

Gez said:
I don't know who Ray Hadley is, i assume he is Sydney based?

Come on! I don't get whats so bad about them. They have some views i agree with in regards to the Carbon Tax and the Labour government. I'm not right wing by any means, but it's good listening to views that are not always from the far left which the ABC tends to be.

:p

reptilescorpio said:
Don't mind Choc. He is angry sometimes. Also my radio doesn't move from Triple J, every other channel gives me the shits too quickly.

Mock-yeah. Ing-yeah. Bird-yeah.gif

Sage advice re-Choc.

As for radio dial is constantly stuck on sports radio tbh.

Card Boy

Banned
Choc said:
they come under the terms of shock jock continuously, are biased as shit and continuously break ACMA rules (and are being investigated for it right now) by not offering the views of both sides. Its a legal requirement that they offer both sides of airtime on an argument and they never ever do

Cool, but your talking more about Alan Jones are you not? I don't listen to that, I can't be bothered to stream or podcast it. Price and Chris Smith always have both sides on their shows.

Choc

Banned
Gez said:
Cool, but your talking more about Alan Jones are you not? I don't listen to that, I can't be bothered to stream or podcast it. Price and Chris Smith always have both sides on their shows.

I agree that Chris smith is fair

i'm more talking bolt, jones and hadley have this issue

I wish like Bolt i could be a complete arsehole and cock on radio and be rewarded with a tv show

Fredescu

Scientists receiving death threats is one of the saddest and most depressing things about the world today. Guys like Andrew Bolt are directly responsible for this. Fostering a public distrust in science is despicable.

jambo

Gez said:
I'm not right wing by any means, but it's good listening to views that are not always from the far left which the ABC tends to be.

032yq.gif

Omikron

If you want to be informed by a left leaning media outlet, start reading Crikey....can't think of too many others. And even then I think Crikey tends to be fairly even handed.

Fredescu said:
Scientists receiving death threats is one of the saddest and most depressing things about the world today. Guys like Andrew Bolt are directly responsible for this. Fostering a public distrust in science is despicable.
I'm of the opinion that this world is too far gone. We will never learn from our mistakes and put everything back on track. The reaction to the GFC was a good indicator to this. Things aren't going to get better. The only logical solution is to burn the world down and allow the next civilisation the chance to do things right. Would also mean people like Bolt wouldn't get rich from continuing the destruction of society so win win.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Don't you get scared at night with all the creepy silence? If not you should watch more horror movies. Also it is awesome having someone to rant to. Also cooking, would never bother making a roast just for myself. Shit even bacon & eggs is borderline a hassle for one person considering how long it takes to make versus the 30 seconds it takes to eat.
Not at all. And the best thing about where I live is that it's in the same block of units as my brother (I'm #1, he's #4) so if either of us get bored we just pop on over. The cooking thing does suck, though... making anything remotely interesting usually involves overbuying on ingredients or just giving up. Still go over to Mum and Dad's for a roast (or just get a takeaway one).

Still, walking around completely naked whenever I want, not having to wait for a shower and dropping the kids off with the door open are certainly advantages ;)

PS. Steam ID is Shaneus2k2, but I won't be able to accept any friend requests until I get home tonight.

jambo said:
I don't think I'd be able to live by myself. Almost every night my housemates and I will play cricket, or cook some food together and have some wine or beers, play video games or just hang out.

Plus if you want some alone time you just go to your room, whereas if I was living alone and wanted to hang out with someone there's no guarantee that someone would be able to come around. This way we get the best of both worlds.
Fair call. Because I've never lived with anyone who wasn't related to me (other than the occasional friend that would crash) I've always just seen the hassle of living with someone else... split (and not paying) bills, food, privacy etc. Shit just seems easier when you have to pay everything yourself!

jambo

Shaneus said:
Still, walking around completely naked whenever I want, not having to wait for a shower and dropping the kids off with the door open are certainly advantages ;)

That's why it's awesome to have an en-suite, never have to worry about other people being in the shower, plus I leave the en-suite door open at all times.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
God damn, The noctua box is huge for a cpu cooler, The CPU cooler is also bloody big.

Let's hope i can fit it into my case.

Now i'm just waiting on the SSD to turn up although i would love some sleeving as well for the cables :(

Shaneus said:
Holy shit, anyone else see the new trailer for the Muppet movie? Looks amazing... and Amy Adams is in it.
I wouldn't have given a shit, except that it's written by Jason Segel who is clearly a huge Muppet fan.

Shaneus said:
PS. Steam ID is Shaneus2k2, but I won't be able to accept any friend requests until I get home tonight.
Lol. I've been spamming a Shaneus from Australia on Steam with requests. Whoops. Although Steam says there is not a Shaneus2k2. Also I live with my fiancée and child so all the above goes for me too. :)

Shaneus said:
I've always just seen the hassle of living with someone else... split (and not paying) bills, food, privacy etc. Shit just seems easier when you have to pay everything yourself!
I've always lived with close mates from uni so the hassle was more learning how messy they were. All my friends are able to control themselves financially and we know what are interests are too so I never had any problems. Got lucky when I lived on Res and had great housemates, was drunk all the time anyway so it didn't matter much.

Shaneus said:
Holy shit, anyone else see the new trailer for the Muppet movie? Looks amazing... and Amy Adams is in it.
Jason Segal has had this in the works since before Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Expecting it to be pretty great, loved the old Muppet movies.

Salazar said:
Listened to GFW again last night. Completely lost it at Shawn's raps. I love Idle Thumbs, but this is another level.
You know Shawn works over at Irrational as a level designer? Wish Remo would get more podcasts up there.

elfinke

I can not stand Andrew Bolt, and yet, I find Insiders on Sunday morning lacking without him to get angry at and disagree with for 60 minutes. I felt like he was trolling me the entire time
LLShC.gif

Mrs elfinke on the other hand is overjoyed at his disappearing from Insiders, as it is now much quieter in the house during those hours :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
OoT selling early apparently at Gametraders (AU versions)

Anyone able to ring and confirm, and that they're the AU version.

Clipper

US region OoT CD details have changed again:
Club Nintendo said:
Thank you for your interest in this offer. All members who registered the game by 12:01am Pacific Time Tuesday, June 21, 2011 will receive the CD. Beyond this date, we will continue to send CDs to registrants on a first-come, first-serve basis, while supplies last.

So those of you that were waiting on shipping still have a chance, but you have to register ASAP as we are back to an unknown limited quantity that could expire at any moment.

You will not get a popup for registration or any indication if you will or won't qualify until next week, though.

mandiller

VOOK said:
OoT selling early apparently at Gametraders (AU versions)

Anyone able to ring and confirm, and that they're the AU version.

I phoned my Gametraders and they told me they are still waiting for stock and aren't selling it yet.

Kirby102

MelbGAF, I just called Chadstone GameTraders and they've started selling them lol. (EU versions)

SydGAF, They're getting stock in tomorrow to start selling... D: should they get it in tomorrow.

ediT: WHY THEY EU VERSIONS. FFFUUUUU- >< rrghh.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Lol. I've been spamming a Shaneus from Australia on Steam with requests. Whoops. Although Steam says there is not a Shaneus2k2. Also I live with my fiancée and child so all the above goes for me too. :)
I'm pretty sure that *might* be me, I get confused easily enough between (I think) my Steam ID and my login... or something.

BTW I added you on XBL, too :)
reptilescorpio said:
Jason Segal has had this in the works since before Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Expecting it to be pretty great, loved the old Muppet movies.
Yeah, I knew it was in the pipeline for a while. Honestly, I can't see anyone in Hollywood doing as accurate a job at writing a modern-day Muppet movie as him. He's shown his chops in FSM and Get Him to The Greek so I have fairly high expectations.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gametraders are selling Ocarina of Time 3D early. They're EU copies though so you won't get the CD if you buy it. Not a street date break.

Even though they are EU copies Nintendo will go spaz. You'll find it won't be all GT stores doing this. Just ones that don't get stock directly from Nintendo.

If they did Nintendo would no doubt block/blacklist them for selling imports as it would contravene their agreement with Nintendo. This has happened to friend of mine who used to own a GT.

Ventron

Choc said:
they come under the terms of shock jock continuously, are biased as shit and continuously break ACMA rules (and are being investigated for it right now) by not offering the views of both sides. Its a legal requirement that they offer both sides of airtime on an argument and they never ever do.

They want to but nobody from the other side ever wants stay on their show despite all their offers.
Just yesterday I read how Luke Grant wanted one of his guests, I think it was Anna-Maria Arabia, to stay behind and debate Andrew Bolt when he came on, and she didn't want to.

Also, I recently won a Dreamcast Collection vinyl record, woot.

Top Bottom