• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Rahk

Jintor said:
Serrels, did the price of Human Revolution just shoot up?

Yes, Steam just added another $20 to it. FFfffff
Glad I preordered a couple months ago. Was expecting this would happen.

remz

Worthintendo said:
Now I feel bad for not picking it up :( I was waiting for the 3DS version which I'm sure was announced somewhere.

It doesn't have Shantae, everyone elses does, therefore it is crap :p
Best advice change your region to UK, more games on there.

I've seen EB doing that as well, they imported US copies of Layton 3 and put OFLC stickers on them. EB also put OFLC stickers on their import copies of Henry Hatsworth which wasn't released down here officially but was OFLC rated as G.
Got an imported Earth Defense Force from JB HiFi that had the stickers too. It's weird.

Also FU at the Dues Ex price increase.

senahorse

People, you can order Deus Ex from D2D for the 'normal' price. As it's a Steamworks game it will activate under Steam come release, I ordered 2 copies last night :D

Stackboy

x3n05 said:
People, you can order Deus Ex from D2D for the 'normal' price. As it's a Steamworks game it will activate under Steam come release, I ordered 2 copies last night :D

This is good to know. With the price drop, backing out on a steam purchase.

Thanks!

codswallop said:
Exactly. But the major networks would never produce something like that anyway.

Just read that the mandatory Internet filter is still going ahead, and some major ISPs are voluntarily starting to trial next month. Ugh. If I could get ADSL in my area I'd cancel Optus and tell them it's because of that.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/06/telstra-and-optus-voluntary-internet-filtering-coming-next-month/
Then you'd be stuck with Telstra since you need a telstra phoneline for adsl. Unless you go naked and pat the extra money.

So the wireless USB adapter I've been using to connect my PC to my cable modem is officially borked. Does anyone know where I can get either a wireless network card or another USB adapter in a hurry and on the cheap?

Failing that, about 3m worth of Ethernet cable.

Megadrive said:
Then you'd be stuck with Telstra since you need a telstra phoneline for adsl. Unless you go naked and pat the extra money.
Even though I get a phoneline with Optus, I never use it (the bundle I get means that even if I ditched it I'd pay the same amount), and would have no problem going naked DSL.

I'm 1.0-1.5km from the nearest exchange. Unfortunately the one I'm connected to is about 5.5km away.

Card Boy

Banned
x3n05 said:

You can get Deus Ex 3 for '40' bucks from Greenman Gaming if you use a referral link. We both get $5 in store credit for purchases over $5 (credited after purchase)

Yes it works. It's where i buy all my price gouged Steamworks games from.

BSmm9.png

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:

Uh steam messages? Where do they show up?
In a chat window :p

It was just a reminder about Ben & Dan, but if you don't have it anymore it sounds like it's a steal at full price anyway.

Choc

Banned
lol wat

On the day they are releasing OOT 3DS they are dropping the DSi and DSi XL price

way to confuse the market nintendo

199 for dsi

249 for XL

Gazunta

God damn who knew comics about Chip's Challenge would turn out to be popular.

DarkStar One is still awesome. The best 9 quid you'll ever spend on The Hut. It's rapidly turning into one of my favourite 360 games ever.

TV: Does anyone know when The Renovators is scheduled to start? The wife's TV boyfriend is on it so I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet.
the same kind the wife enjoys when my TV girlfriend Ricki Lee comes on

Anyone know where the best place is to get Ram? I'm specifically looking for 2x4.0GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz SO-DIMM 204 Pin. I'm thinking it would be better to get another 8GB to make 12GB rather than replacing the 2x2GB modules already in the iMac

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
lol wat

On the day they are releasing OOT 3DS they are dropping the DSi and DSi XL price

way to confuse the market nintendo

199 for dsi

249 for XL

From a simple every day purchasers view point it makes the 3DS a even harder sell I’d say.

Why is it $100 more for 3D? Is what they’ll say.

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone know where the best place is to get Ram? I'm specifically looking for 2x4.0GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz SO-DIMM 204 Pin. I'm thinking it would be better to get another 8GB to make 12GB rather than replacing the 2x2GB modules already in the iMac

ramcity.com.au (really very good for Mac Ram and excellent customer service)

Gazunta

haha Jambo, was waiting for that :)

Pretty cool about the DS price drops - so for the price of a 3DS I can buy a XL and OOT and just play OOT in 2D!

(I know, I know)

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
haha Jambo, was waiting for that :)

Pretty cool about the DS price drops - so for the price of a 3DS I can buy a XL and OOT and just play OOT in 2D!

(I know, I know)

no :p but thats exactly what people will think

Woot 3rd job interview done. Hopefully hear back tomorrow with good news.
Shaneus said:
In a chat window :p
It was just a reminder about Ben & Dan, but if you don't have it anymore it sounds like it's a steal at full price anyway.
Ah poop, didn't see a chat window from you at all. The fiancee had taken over the computer for the night with some Facebook peggle rip-off. Didn't finish playing until 11pm. It is usually the other way round :(. Still had it in my cart but the price had been jacked up. Grab Ben There, Dan That for free and if you love it grab the sequel for 3 pounds unless you want it in your steam list. At least you are in my friends list for future gifting now!

Gazunta said:
Man, nothing worse than people who refuse to give up on something that stopped being popular decades ago.
Gaz, the Retro gamer who only plays popular games.
Sonic Colours was awesome! Screw you guys

So the federal government spends $13 million on 20 schools to get the revolution going and now they want to close those schools to save $24 million? WTF? Who are these clowns? Can we get some competent people running our country at some point?

Choc

Banned
Gaz you should have been in steam chat last night

there was pure gold in text format for your webcomic ideas going on

everyone was talking about 80s tv shows :D

reptilescorpio said:
Wait really? All ready? What happened to Sonic 4 ep 2?
trollface.jpg

Also I will need to see some proper gameplay before I part with my money. Or a free hat.

It's a demo that's going up. Generations is a full retail release.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Wait really? All ready? What happened to Sonic 4 ep 2?
trollface.jpg

Also I will need to see some proper gameplay before I part with my money. Or a free hat.
I'll be getting it anyway... really does look the goods. Also, I think Trenched is up on XBLA tonight. Hopefully
not fucking likely
I'll have my points cards waiting for me from Fishpond so I can go on a Double Fine spending spree. Still haven't played Costume Quest yet :(

Shaneus

My frustration with getting 6000MSP from Fishpond. Not like any of you care, but this helps put into context the anger that was posted by me and by others on Ecogamer.

PS. Will buy, RS. Ta!

PPS. It's only $5.33 at full price? Fuck it, sounds like those gents deserve every penny. Or perhaps I should buy it discounted then donate extra cash, perhaps I'll get some super recognition for my generosity or summin'.

reptilescorpio said:
Hope it isn't a trainwreck.

Indeed. They've been on a roll since Unleashed (which was flawed but provided a decent base which was further refined in Colours) though, so unless they seriously cock up the Classic Sonic stages it should be fine.

Top Bottom