• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kirby102

VOOK said:
Your save file wouldn't carry though.

But the date is broken now basically, everyone who has stock will sell.
...always 1up-ing me VOOK.

Eh, it's Zelda, another 20-30 hours of my life on it couldn't hurt. :p

Might give GAME a call around then, soon :p

Shaneus

Not wanting to bring the haterade, I really don't see why people are excited about a port of a game from over a decade ago that, TBH, to me never looked that great to begin with.

Having said that, if someone decided to do a port of any number of same-gen Saturn games (hai Radiant Silvergun, Nights) I'd probably lose my shit, too. But only because Sega aren't renowned for milking the crap out of their existing games like Nintendo are.

Ydahs

Final exam in two hours. Foundations of Architecture! Why I took this subject when I'm doing Software Engineering, I do not know.

Wish me luck.

Shaneus said:
Not wanting to bring the haterade, I really don't see why people are excited about a port of a game from over a decade ago that, TBH, to me never looked that great to begin with.

Having said that, if someone decided to do a port of any number of same-gen Saturn games (hai Radiant Silvergun, Nights) I'd probably lose my shit, too. But only because Sega aren't renowned for milking the crap out of their existing games like Nintendo are.
Sonic says hi.

I only played this game for the first time last year and it was really good. I'm excited because I know I'll enjoy it and that the 3D and an improved frame rate will make it look extra pretty. I like pretty things.

Shaneus said:
I really don't see why people are excited about a port of a game from over a decade ago that, TBH, to me never looked that great to begin with.
Because the game itself is still one of the best that's been released in that time.

However, I agree, it really should've received the Monkey Island Special Edition style treatment. A full facelift with HD graphics, proper orchestrated soundtrack, updated controls (including optional motion controls), the ability to switch between original and modern graphics, developer commentary, in-game trivia and more. But the 3DS is not the platform for such a release.

Choc

Banned
Ydahs said:
Final exam in two hours. Foundations of Architecture! Why I took this subject when I'm doing Software Engineering, I do not know.

Wish me luck.

Building a software program is like building a house

first lay the ground work, then the foundations, then the polish

;)

Kritz

Banned
TF2 goes free to play, Meet The Medic video releases and Steam's Summer Sale is just around the corner.

Valve knows their shit.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
Someone should get a nintendo official comment on the eb docket picture

i want to see them squirm ;)

Well Serrels has them coming into the office soon, so even if I emailed I wouldn't get a response.

Shaneus

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Sonic says hi.

I only played this game for the first time last year and it was really good. I'm excited because I know I'll enjoy it and that the 3D and an improved frame rate will make it look extra pretty. I like pretty things.
The original Sonic games haven't been remade over and over... the hate should be reserved for the treatment of the IP, not any relaunching of games that were made over 10 years ago. The closest thing we've had are occasional DC ports to XBLA of Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure... and I'm not thrilled about those, either.

FWIW, it's not that I don't get Nintendo for putting the game out on the 3DS, it's more people who have played and enjoyed the game before getting more excited for this than for most "real" new games coming out on the same platform.

Fogz

I just called my local eb and all they would tell me is that they can't sell it to me until the 30th :( Being out here though they probably wouldn't even get the stock in until the day before!

Kirby102

Thanks EB, but screw you for charging me $70 for the standard edition. Gonna refund it then get from JB.

9QDjh.jpg

VOOK

commanderdeek said:
Got my copy of OoT from amazon last night.

Kinda impressed by how nice it looks.

What the fuck... where's mine then!

Also anyone want a US copy of it for cheap?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ydahs said:

Wish me luck.
this is why I'm at Monash ;)

good luck!

Shaneus said:
Having said that, if someone decided to do a port of any number of same-gen Saturn games (hai Radiant Silvergun, Nights) I'd probably lose my shit, too.

There was a pretty boss release of NiGHTS on the PS2 around the time the Wii sequel came out. Never made it out of Japan, unfortunately.

Shaneus said:
The original Sonic games haven't been remade over and over...

The Super Mario Bros. games have had two retail compilations and one set of individual re-releases (well, two in the case of the original) in 25 years. In the same period of time, the 2D Zelda games each had one retail re-release, there were two compilations featuring Zelda games that weren't available seperately at retail and now this OoT refresh. In five fewer years there have been six compilations featuring the Sonic the Hedgehog games and a (horrid) re-release of the original.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As kritz mentioned, TF2 is now free to play. This means if you don't own it and have it installed, you totally should.

Maybe an ausgaf saturday arvo / night of TF2? It's bound to fail since i just mentioned it.

Rezbit

Just went for an OoT hunt in Melbourne northern suburbs. No luck, no one had it on the shelves. Suppose I should have asked at the counter at EB?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Rezbit said:
Just went for an OoT hunt in Melbourne northern suburbs. No luck, no one had it on the shelves. Suppose I should have asked at the counter at EB?
yep.

commanderdeek said:
Got my copy of OoT from amazon last night.

Kinda impressed by how nice it looks.
I got my copy form Play Asia yesterday and yeah I gotta agree it looks really good.

I'm kinda sad though that it is a remake, if this was an all new Zelda game on the 3DS and looked like this I would be floored by it. Man I can't wait for an all new original Zelda on 3DS, its going to be amazing.

Clipper

codswallop said:
Because the game itself is still one of the best that's been released in that time.

However, I agree, it really should've received the Monkey Island Special Edition style treatment. A full facelift with HD graphics, proper orchestrated soundtrack, updated controls (including optional motion controls), the ability to switch between original and modern graphics, developer commentary, in-game trivia and more. But the 3DS is not the platform for such a release.
It did get a full facelift to suit the level of graphics the 3DS supports (it can't do HD obviously), a new orchestrated song with the others considered for orchestration but then revoked as it no longer felt like OoT (OoT has a LOT of procedurally generated and randomised songs that switch frequently based on your actions, which is very dificult to do orchestrated), updated controls (including optional motion controls), in-game trivia (the new Sheikah stones with videos of cool stuff you may not have known about) and more (boss rush mode; super guide; mirrored, double-damage master quest; new gyro camera item; etc.).

That's pretty much everything you mentioned except developer commentary (we do get Iwata Asks, so that's close and audio commentary would be in Japanese anyway, which is fairly useless) and graphics switch (which isn't needed as the improved graphics are better in every way).

MrSerrels

Asked Nintendo about it.

"I really wish I could tell you all the stuff, but you know how it is, I just can't."

Clearly they knew. Clearly their hands were tied in the strangest way.

It's like a bunch of small mistakes on their part snowballed into one enormous, weird problem.

They will never approve anything like that Ocarina deal ever again. And I think Nintendo Australia will use this as an example for why they should be getting simultaneous release dates with Europe from now on.

VOOK

MrSerrels said:
Asked Nintendo about it.

"I really wish I could tell you all the stuff, but you know how it is, I just can't."

It's like a bunch of small mistakes on their part snowballed into one enormous, weird problem.

They will never approve anything like that Ocarina deal ever again. And I think Nintendo Australia will use this as an example for why they should be getting simultaneous release dates with Europe from now on.

Yes this. Going to write something about it later on today. ._.

Mistle

My local EB didn't have it. Though they stand by that whenever it arrives, they'll sell it if I ask at the counter. Hopefully it'll come on Monday.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I played the Infamous 2 demo, and I enjoyed it, but it made me realise that I kind of already played that game once already.

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
Asked Nintendo about it.

:)

Just call me Detective Choc

Jintor

Picked up my copy from Hornsby EB. Have to finish this review 3DS game first though.

Sounds like a classic case of someone trying to make everyone happy and in the end pleasing no one.

I'm pretty bloody pleased

Shaneus

Rez said:
I played the Infamous 2 demo, and I enjoyed it, but it made me realise that I kind of already played that game once already.
I played the first Infamous thanks to the PSN thing, but it just kinda felt clunky. I'm guessing the second one will be more of the same, except looking better.

Having much more fun with Crackdown 2, anyway.

Choc

Banned
markot, the economics of that does not add up so it will not happen

also

zelda get, when i asked the EB guy he seemed taken aback i knew

i mean wtf

edit: Mark, im sure your investigative skills will lead to an awesome article on this whole saga :)

even its a bit speculative :D

this is crazy times though

Choc

Banned
trinest said:
I'm kind of confused at why they would sabatage their own launch just to prove a point.

It's clearly as day that this was out of Nintendos hands.

as stupid as that may sound

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh god, It's train girl all over again except it's a nerdy cute looking girl who walks the same way to work as I do in the morning. Argh

Also, Some KFC girl said i she loved my shirt. I felt awesome until 30 minutes later when I realised she was probably 16/17. Why can't girls my age say i'm wearing an awesome T-shirt, Why they got to be underage?! Booooo

Putting my PC back together tonight even though i'm fully fucked from work. I feel the urge for some late night tinkering with headphones on in my own zone doing my own thing. For some reason working on a PC can keep me up for hours without making me tired.

Hopefully i don't fuck anything up and i get some nice quiet cooling happening on my cpu and graphics card along with a windows installation on my new SSD.

Then it's gaming time on the weekend, woo!

VOOK

evlcookie said:
Oh god, It's train girl all over again except it's a nerdy cute looking girl who walks the same way to work as I do in the morning. Argh

Also, Some KFC girl said i she loved my shirt. I felt awesome until 30 minutes later when I realised she was probably 16/17. Why can't girls my age say i'm wearing an awesome T-shirt, Why they got to be underage?! Booooo

16 is not underage...

jambo

I know Vook, wtf?!

evlcookie said:

If there's grass on the pitch...

Jintor said:
Cookie

walk up to nerdy cool looking girl and ask to hang out

do it

or even just start talking to her as you both commute in the morning. It's probably more awkward just silently walking near each other than conversing during the commute.

Top Bottom