• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Rahk

Shaneus said:
PSP Go supports CFW? Shit, I might get one for that price, would definitely be an upgrade over the 1000.

PS. No points from Fishpond today, so I sent them a "Contact Us" thing regarding my order.

Fucking pissed too... was hoping to use those points on some Double Fine XBLA goodness. Anyone know any sites that mail out codes that are cheap?
From memory, a while back I ordered some points which I did not receive by the ETA. I emailed them and they sent me another which I actually did receive.

But yeah, seems apart from random Fishpond sales the cheapest place to get points is on Live, which is only slightly cheaper than retail.

BTW, Jase, using your CC to buy points doesn't lock it down. It's different from using it for a Gold subscription. It will save in the system for future purchases, but it won't use it for renewing/creating a Gold subscription.

Went to EB Games Goulburn today to get OOT 3D, they wouldn't have the game to sell until Monday, But Kmart just around the corner did have the game, on the shelves, and for only $49, I'm so happy our local EB sucks now.

image.jpg

EDIT: added image

Mistle

For those with the Ocarina Edition- I read on a forum that the Ocarina is actually ceramic. I find this incredibly hard to believe. Can anybody confirm if it is/isn't?

EDIT: Found pics online. Definitely plastic:

tEw0A.jpg

Tyhf1.jpg

hirokazu

That Ocarina looks kinda crap. Glad I didn't bite. Got the bundle with the guide for $59 at JB and it's rocking!

Anyway, I just signed up for Club Nintendo, and I've got 3 years worth of codes to register. Not sure how many since I kinda lost interest in Nintendo around the time they starting doing Club Nintendo with Mario Kart and Wii Fit.

Do we have stuff like Silver, Gold, Platinum or whatnot statuses like Japan and America? If so, what is the requirements for each? Thanks.

hirokazu

What the fuck is this instruction manual for Zelda? Where's my 20 page booklet?!

LOL this is a big shock. Do all 3DS games come with a dumb folded quickstart-eque manual instead of a proper booklet? At least it's on colour though.

Clipper

jambo said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm getting it. Ask AusGAF Steam Chat if you don't believe me, as I mentioned it this arvo. I was planning to get the Falcon, but then they went and discontinued it about a fortnight before I planned to finally pick it up (I had found a way to ship it at last) and the prices were pretty much more than double (putting it over $1000) so I decided to let it go, grudgingly. I'm not going to miss out again...

The only question now is, do I get the following at the same time?
10212-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

2500 pieces and the wings do rotate into flight mode :D

hirokazu said:
What the fuck is this instruction manual for Zelda? Where's my 20 page booklet?!

LOL this is a big shock. Do all 3DS games come with a dumb folded quickstart-eque manual instead of a proper booklet? At least it's on colour though.
IT'S THE FUTURE!!

get used to it :(

hirokazu

Planet_JASE said:
IT'S THE FUTURE!!

get used to it :(
Oh well, I'll live.

Anyone registered Zelda on Club Nintendo yet? I'm hesitant to do so until there's confirmation that we'll get the OST even if we register before, uh, Nintendo's street date.

Mistle

hirokazu said:
Oh well, I'll live.

Anyone registered Zelda on Club Nintendo yet? I'm hesitant to do so until there's confirmation that we'll get the OST even if we register before, uh, Nintendo's street date.
Apparently it just says it's invalid. Probably locked from registering until the 30th.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So it looks like I don't have a small enough screw driver to put my custom fan on the gpu :/.

CPU is on and working but I seem to be missing the extra stable plate which gives it more support and probably stops the vibration rattling that I'm currently getting, so the case is on an angle to stop that noise :D

Will email noctua to send me out one which they should do for free. It's a big bastard too, it could be because of the direction I've placed it but that was the only way to fit it.

SSD has been updated and I'm currently installing windows to it. Let's see how long she takes.

Back to cleaning :(

Ahh nice relaxing baby free night. The one thing I will miss most about Geelong is Hi Sushi. Seafood Harumaki with Tori Don. Washed down with Asahi. Followed by Banana Fritter and Green Tea Ice Cream. So good.

Planet_JASE said:
While we will likely hate everything that's been produced since Sonic 2...
WTF Everyone knows that Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the peak. Are you sure you know Sonic fanboys/haters? Hater.
540837405_nK8hG-L-2.jpg

Shaneus said:
PSP Go supports CFW? Shit, I might get one for that price, would definitely be an upgrade over the 1000.

Fucking pissed too... was hoping to use those points on some Double Fine XBLA goodness. Anyone know any sites that mail out codes that are cheap?
Geelong Myer didn't have shit video game wise. Couldn't even see an Xbox for sale anywhere. Cheap toys though! Too bad they were sold out of giant Yoshi plushes, usually $30 down to $18. Might even try again on Sunday, I think the little guy would love one.

Also this is the site I use to buy points and Gold cards. Haven't used them in ages though. Also Australia doesn't get cheap card unlike those damn Americans. :(

RandomVince said:
Thats what I meant. It doesnt seem like we should register it til the 30th of june.
Even if you try it comes up invalid apparently. So once it ticks over to the 30th it should unlock the ability to use the code.

Ydahs said:
This new Coles commercial will be the deaf of me.
We have a Chuggington CD in the car. My ears hate me almost as much as my brain.

evlcookie said:
So it looks like I don't have a small enough screw driver to put my custom fan on the gpu :/.
Grab one of those mini-screwdriver sets from Super Cheap for like $5 and I've used them on all my controllers and all the random electronics I've had to fiddle with.

Shaneus

OneMoreQuestion said:
I was actually somewhat behind Poison, but defacing a random, insignificant site just to put your message up is in pretty poor form.

Edit:
Reason for hack; gumtree was founded by British bankers (enough said) who then sold the company to the American Zionist giant EBAY who supports and funds the illegal occupation of Palestine. -
Hm. Whatever.

Shaneus said:
I was actually somewhat behind Poison, but defacing a random, insignificant site just to put your message up is in pretty poor form.

Edit:

Hm. Whatever.
This is pretty typical of all hacking groups. Well, the ones who publicise their existence, the smart ones who make money from it keep quiet of course. Even Jester who is pretty impressive is pro-america and hacked Wiki Leaks. Shit even Anon hacked Westboro Church which got them a lot of followers.

bodyboarder said:
I like gumtree. Until they start charging that is.
Doubt they will, eBay need their free Craiglist equivalent for those people who don't like the cost of eBay as well as cutting down on the traffic to competitors. It's win-win for them.

Rahk

evlcookie said:

CPU is on and working but I seem to be missing the extra stable plate which gives it more support and probably stops the vibration rattling that I'm currently getting, so the case is on an angle to stop that noise :D

Will email noctua to send me out one which they should do for free. It's a big bastard too, it could be because of the direction I've placed it but that was the only way to fit it.

SSD has been updated and I'm currently installing windows to it. Let's see how long she takes.

Back to cleaning :(
It should have come with a screwdriver. At least my D14 did.

Gazunta

You know what ad shits me? Fucking Zoe and her preaching, smarmy, smug blog about how superior she feels about having health insurance. Fuck you Zoe.

I'm in a bad mood today.

Speaking of buying stuff has that retro guy posted his eBay auction yet?

Salazar

Noosa pretty sunny, really.

Hastings St. deserted. Bunch of places closing up.

I heard this morning that a restaurant a friend started up last year (it lasted 8 months) was paying $220,000 a year rent for the Hastings St. premises. Insanity. Anybody who hangs on there clinging to this business model more or less deserves the vicious fucking coming to them.

trinest

Anyone who has been Zelda hunting has all Kmarts been putting them out? I was over on the other side of town today and BigW didn't have it on the floor. I wasn't particularly looking for it- so I didn't go to Game and get the game yet.

Mistle

trinest said:
Anyone who has been Zelda hunting has all Kmarts been putting them out? I was over on the other side of town today and BigW didn't have it on the floor. I wasn't particularly looking for it- so I didn't go to Game and get the game yet.
Kmart didn't have them on shelves in my area, but I didn't bother asking at the counter (have it preordered elsewhere).

trinest

Mistle said:
Kmart didn't have them on shelves in my area, but I didn't bother asking at the counter (have it preordered elsewhere).
Same, but I'll probably cancel it if I can find it while snooping around.

Gazunta said:
Speaking of buying stuff has that retro guy posted his eBay auction yet?
Need some retail therapy Gaz? Apparently his ebay account is diaminopurine but he hasn't got any items up at the moment.

Salazar said:
I heard this morning that a restaurant a friend started up last year (it lasted 8 months) was paying $220,000 a year rent for the Hastings St. premises. Insanity. Anybody who hangs on there clinging to this business model more or less deserves the vicious fucking coming to them.
Indeed it is fucking madness. Tons of shops in Geelong that are empty just because owners want to charge outrageous rent for them. So they just sit there. Unused. The main corner in town has only had a Discount Rug store since KFC closed up a few months back. Leading Edge Music has been abandoned for 2 years now? Ever since JB Hi-Fi turned up anyway.

The crazy thing is in the shopping plaza there is a shop run by an Asian lady where she sells handmade socks, scarves, etc. Been there for the past few years while large scale stores have been and gone. Would be interesting to see what rent she pays and what her turnover is.

trinest said:
2 separate staff members asked me yesterday if I was interested in the new Zelda game. Didn't say they were selling it, just asked if I was interested. I'm sure if I said yes they would have pointed to the big sign saying "Ask at the counter for Zelda!!!"

Salazar said:
Any advice on where to buy a region free dvd player ?
The ubercheapo ones are usually region free. My parents bought me a $20 one from Dick Smith 3 years ago that was region free.

Kritz

Banned
So I just spent the past day working on the second episode of Fucking Sweet Fred.

Here's the first episode
And here's the second
(Warning: lots of swearing, both in audio form and visual, and a few quick penises here and there)

I'm surprised it didn't take me more than about six hours to make it. From the script to the narration to animating it to forgetting to save it and watching flash crash, to redoing it all again. I'm happy with the way it turned out, and I think it's a lot better than the first. A while back I did a kind of not very good attempt at a second episode, which I wasn't really happy with.

If anyone cares to watch, let me know what you think. Like, the art style's pretty rubbish in some spots and I'd like to one day maybe make it less shit. Hopefully I can work out a kind of... balance between quick, easy drawings and stuff that actually looks decent.

Fuck gardening.

CrazedProfessional said:
So I got OoT 3D, do I have to wait until the 30th to register it with Club Nintendo because when I try to enter the code it says that it has expired. :X
Yes

Ydahs said:
Aaaargh I'm boycotting TV until this Coles commercial is removed. And Coles too.
I wish I could be bothered tracking down the marketing team who came up with this shit and beat the hell out of them. Then tie them to a chair and make them watch those ads for 7 hours.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
I wish I could be bothered tracking down the marketing team who came up with this shit and beat the hell out of them. Then tie them to a chair and make them watch those ads for 7 hours.

I turned down an entry level ad agency job.

So very glad I did. Chances are I would have been helping produce that kind of garbage.

Salazar

More than anything, it reminds me of putting in 9-5 days as a checkout dude, getting so spiritually exhausted that any pair of larger than average boobs was enough to draw my complete attention.

Shaneus

Salazar said:
More than anything, it reminds me of putting in 9-5 days as a checkout dude, getting so spiritually exhausted that any pair of larger than average boobs was enough to draw my complete attention.
Ahaha, same. Except I haven't seen the ad... is there a link?

PS. Most of my day has been spent watching http://justin.tv/shadowloohq ... I've never been good at 2D fighters, so why am I watching it? It's addictive as fuck.

Salazar said:
That sounds like any job I have ever had. Boobs make boring work less boring. Until they leave. :(

Shaneus said:
Even more annoying than the beat poet CGU guy.
Crazy talk, those CGU ads were crazy awesome.

Top Bottom