• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Gazunta

Feel like a dunce if you spent hours looking for the sword at the very, very start of the game. I blame N64 blurryness though.

I love watching fighting game tournaments. Thanks for the heads up!

Shaneus

This is my first one. I've turned it off now as I had other things to do... couldn't pull myself away. The whole time I'm thinking "This doesn't look too difficult! I could do this shit".

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
trinest said:
Dying in Zelda is a fact of life. Even the tough guys die in it.
I don't think I've ever seen the game over screen in any Zelda game post-Majora's Mask.

I think I will skip OoT. I have played it and I don't see a reason to buy a 3DS just yet.
Release a proper new Mario or Zelda and I will be in like a shot, Nintendo

Started inFamous 2. Liking it so far(I remember quite liking the first one despite some of the repetition)

Gem now has a reason for existence now that I've found out they're showing The Avengers on Saturday afternoons. But I can't look at Emma Peel without remembering her appearance in Extras with Daniel Radcliffe.

(hint- this is a 60's show about a smug pair of champagne-swilling crimefighters not Marvel superheroes)

Kerrby

Banned
Hello guys, new here. Just got approved after a year and a half in the moderation queue.

From Melbourne, love my games, love my sport. Mostly a PC gamer now after rarely playing my PS3. Extremely excited for the PS Vita, probably my most anticipated console ever.

That's about it :lol.

P.S I hope this actually works and I'm not just getting teased :(.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So is there anywhere that isn't selling Ocarina of Time now? GameTraders are going to get in so much shit.

EatChildren said:
So is there anywhere that isn't selling Ocarina of Time now? GameTraders are going to get in so much shit.
Congrats Mr. Mod! Nice to see you slumming down here in AusGAF! Also the whole supply chain/parellel importing thing could get very interesting in the coming months. Will Nintendo withhold stock? Will retailers push harder? Will the Wii U be at the EBGames Expo? Also Game Traders were selling UK stock so they will be fine. I've bought several games from EB that have just had Australian stickers stuck over the top of Euro ratings.

Kerrby said:
Hello guys, new here. Just got approved after a year and a half in the moderation queue.
From Melbourne, love my games, love my sport. Mostly a PC gamer now after rarely playing my PS3. Extremely excited for the PS Vita, probably my most anticipated console ever.
Welcome another Kirby! Nice to see another MelbGAFfer. Also import a Vita from Amazon for like $250AUD. PC gamers are very welcome here. Post your Steam ID and jump into the AusGAF group for some SteamChat shenanigans.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
reptilescorpio said:
Also Game Traders were selling UK stock so they will be fine. I've bought several games from EB that have just had Australian stickers stuck over the top of Euro ratings.

Yeah true that, but it was the straw that broke the camels back. GAME started selling, EB were being sneaky about it, and I know JB HiFi were selling it too, all over the counter.

If anything I hope this gives Nintendo Australia a kick up the arse about late releases.

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Welcome another Kirby! Nice to see another MelbGAFfer. Also import a Vita from Amazon for like $250AUD. PC gamers are very welcome here. Post your Steam ID and jump into the AusGAF group for some SteamChat shenanigans.

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Steam ID is Stud_Kick_Ass (Yes I know lol, no need to tell me).

Also congrats to the new moderator.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see new members finding the thread. I waited for almost two years before being approved back in 07.

EatChildren said:
If anything I hope this gives Nintendo Australia a kick up the arse about late releases.
As a consumer who has had to put up with their shit for so many years I would love for them to come around to the idea but it will all come back to how much they value our market. I know that there would be plenty of people at the other offices who probably want Australia to get same day release as UK/USA but something has been blocking it for a long time now. Hopefully NoA can convince the other territories that it will be worth it to go day-and-date. I'm not getting my hopes up. I feel it is more likely they get told to punish Game Traders and quietly screw over EB if they get the chance, not to a big degree but enough so that EB understands that Nintendo still hold power.

hirokazu

reptilescorpio said:
As a consumer who has had to put up with their shit for so many years I would love for them to come around to the idea but it will all come back to how much they value our market. I know that there would be plenty of people at the other offices who probably want Australia to get same day release as UK/USA but something has been blocking it for a long time now. Hopefully NoA can convince the other territories that it will be worth it to go day-and-date. I'm not getting my hopes up. I feel it is more likely they get told to punish Game Traders and quietly screw over EB if they get the chance, not to a big degree but enough so that EB understands that Nintendo still hold power.
I don't think NoA has any influence over anything about this, they've got NOTHING to do with Australia. If headquarters in Japan want it that way, that's the way it'll be. So much of their thinking is stuck in the past. I hope for more such shenanigans in the future because I don't think one incident will change much.

trinest

reptilescorpio said:
The problem is though, we have always essencially been a repackaged version of either the USA version (since they removed the region free from 3DS not anymore) or the European version. We hardly ever get AUS versions of items. Essencially- there shouldn't be any delay at all. There is no reason.

Rezbit

hirokazu said:
Lies. Especially in Ocarina of Time, unless it's death by chickens.
But Volvagia can take three hearts off you with one hit! And I thought I could spam attack!

Also welcome newbies. There's an AusGAF mod now? Shit, hide the contraband!
Congrats!

Rahk

I've got a 10% Zavvi voucher to use. Any blu-ray recommendations? Documentaries besides Planet Earth? Is Human Planet any good?

Kerrby said:
Do I just jump in AusGAF chat? It's a bit daunting.
Yeah, just jump in. Don't worry, we're a friendly bunch.

mandiller

My Ozgameshop copy of Zelda hasn't arrived yet. It'll probably only get here on Wednesday or so. The waiting it getting difficulty, especially since I was in EB Games today and the attendant gave me a demo unit of Zelda which I could play for a bit then he asked me if I wanted to buy a copy and I said 'no'... I bought the Ozgameshop copy so I would get it early...arggh

Had fun today, the ward i worked on was in the middle of a gastro outbreak. Makes life so much more difficult.

Also i probably shouldn't mention names but the hospital i was working at is really sub standard. There are things going on there which are definitely illegal or in some cases just really bad practice.

Then again i guess that's just standard for private hospitals!

Kerrby said:
I should be out clubbing now :(. Another Saturday night cancelled.

Playing games and chatting on steam > clubbing.

Gazunta

Writing comics about sexually perverted chocolate bars and old video games while hosting a cat on your lap and watching Simpsons > clubbing

So watching Run Fatboy Run for the first time. What the hell! The advertising when it was in the cinemas was horrid, made me think it was a b-grade rom-com so Simon Pegg could make some quick cash. Turns out it is actually a pretty funny movie. Even has Dylan Moran and a funny Indian guy. And Ross directed it? Huh. Also Down Periscope was the 5 shittiest minutes of movie I have ever seen. Turdburglers.

trinest said:
Essentially, there shouldn't be any delay at all. There is no reason.
hirokazu said:
If headquarters in Japan want it that way, that's the way it'll be. So much of their thinking is stuck in the past. I hope for more such shenanigans in the future because I don't think one incident will change much.
Yeah this is exactly how I feel. If they think we are worth the effort they will stop with the stupid delay, otherwise nothing will change.

Gazunta said:
Writing comics about sexually perverted chocolate bars and old video games while hosting a cat on your lap and watching Simpsons > clubbing
I don't think a person exists who would want to go clubbing rather than that. Which reminds me, new Futurama is out and I really should sit down and watch it.

hirokazu

Rezbit said:
But Volvagia can take three hearts off you with one hit! And I thought I could spam attack!
I don't know, I remember Ocarina of Time being piss easy. Everything's got a pattern, once you work it out its very difficult to die.

reptilescorpio said:
So watching Run Fatboy Run for the first time. What the hell! The advertising when it was in the cinemas was horrid, made me think it was a b-grade rom-com so Simon Pegg could make some quick cash.
I still think it was. Still enjoyed it a bit anyway. Could've been worse, could have been how to How To Lose Friends & Alienate People.

Except that movie had Kirsten Dunst, so, y'know.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
So watching Run Fatboy Run for the first time. What the hell! The advertising when it was in the cinemas was horrid, made me think it was a b-grade rom-com so Simon Pegg could make some quick cash. Turns out it is actually a pretty funny movie. Even has Dylan Moran and a funny Indian guy. And Ross directed it? Huh. Also Down Periscope was the 5 shittiest minutes of movie I have ever seen. Turdburglers.
I recall not minding RFR and being surprised at some of the cameos/guests in it. Pegg really needs to pick his roles carefully, though. Maybe he's just suited to stuff directed by Edgar Wright.

PS. Down Periscope was totally worth it for Lauren Holly in a tight naval uniform.
Lauren-Holly-Down-Periscope.jpg

Fake edit: Fuck, forgot about Futurama. Haven't seen a thread crop up in OT about it... is GAF slacking?

Kirby102

Kerrby said:
IMPOSTER!! :p Kidding :D I had to wait 1 year for my approval so... meh oh well, at least you're here... and a part of MelbGAF, I'm in SydGAF... so yay? :p

Also, woah EatChildren is a mod :D A fellow Aussie... nice! How'd you manage that? (may I ask)

Also, I'm up to the water temple in OoT3D... just picked up my JB copy after refunding my EB copy (it was a $70 (at EB) vs $59 (at JB). So yeah.

Plus, I just got back from a friend's b'day party, I'm sort of drunk. TIME TO PLAY ZELDA :D

bodyboarder said:
And it's an awesome movie to boot.
I saw the first 5 minutes that Rob Schneider was in and wanted to vomit. Maybe it got better after the start. I put up with it longer than Transformers at least, fuck that is a shitty movie. Has anyone made a youtube version with just the bots?

reptilescorpio said:
I saw the first 5 minutes that Rob Schneider was in and wanted to vomit. Maybe it got better after the start. I put up with it longer than Transformers at least, fuck that is a shitty movie. Has anyone made a youtube version with just the bots?

Yeah your right, Rob's bit was bad.

jambo said:
Well I went out and got drunk, lol u nerds
I completely forgot that a mate of mine was having a house warming last night. All I did was play some Infamous until I got too irritated with the eventually sloppy controls/geometry and channel surfed until going to bed while the gf was playing Facebook games. Does this mean I am old now?

Top Bottom