• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

justin.au

Can we play a game called "how many different types of alcohol have you ingested tonight"? Because I as sure I would win.

James Squire Golden Ale
Heineken
Boag's Draught
Carlton Draught
Jim Bean Black (On the rocks; yes I am a wuss).
Amstel "premium lager"
Broo Lager

justin.au

Neverender said:
Just Canadian Club for me.
That was my Year 10-12 drink.

One of my friends got sent home from one of the parties I attended (in 2009) for drinking a 1L bottle in 1 hour.

Am I a bogan?

Why is this female IPL franchise owner so ugly? What is going on?

justin.au

I'm most terribly sorry

I shall request a perma-ban from a mod immediately.

Just kidding, you inactive fuckers made me start a thread in OT. Get you act together AusGAF, it's only 01:45.

Shaneus

justin.au said:
*On the night before a public holiday.

There is not excuse not to be munted tonight.
Family gathering? It's okay, I have a housewarming Friday night where there's no security to worry about. There's also food.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Shaneus said:
Sixteen Candles then The Breakfast Club on 7two. If I wasn't going out I'd be watching the shit out of these.

never seen either, but lol. must be community fans ;)

Frawdder

Finished Portal 2. Brilliant game all round. Great writing, voice acting, pacing, level design, everything.

Certainly not a game you want spoiled and I'm glad that I paid no attention to most of the pre-release stuff (that was mainly because I wasn't really interested in playing Portal 2 up until last Saturday).

Anyway, stop reading this and go play/finish Portal 2 if you haven't already.

Also, I'm up for some co-op this weekend if anyone wants to play.

justin.au said:
Passiona and Brandy is surprisingly good.

Future alcoholic.
Future?

justin.au said:
Why is this thread so dead on the night leading up to the Easter holiday/s. Is it the overrated Portal 2? Or is no-one else as utterly smashed as I am? C'mon, half you guys are at uni. It is your obligation to be drunk tonight.
People are out getting drunk or asleep? I know I was trying to sleep, big drive today. I would say quite a few other people are going away for the weekend as well.

justin.au said:
I just ate a bit of raw bacon so that Dennis Pell would die a little bit on the inside. Even my strictly catholic grandparents hate that conservative prick.
Who is Dennis Pell? Also bacon is not a red meat. It comes from a pig.

justin.au said:
Mmmmm, this sausage is delicious. DO YOU HATE ME YET GOD? DO YOU?
Is it a beef or lamb sausage? I'm pretty sure he would more hate you for the foul language in the previous quote. And masturbation.

Frawdder said:
Kritz's drunken ramblings were far more entertaining than this.
Drunken artwork would be a great source of entertainment.

Isn't it awesome that Agnostics/Atheists get Easter as well!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuck, I forgot my saves are all located in the stupid windows location so my NFS ones are gone.

It also seems like i have no autolog recommendations? Isn't that why i'm forced to sigh in to your shitty service EA, So you can store this shit online and track it?!

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
Isn't it awesome that Agnostics/Atheists get Easter as well!
After-work drinks yesterday, everyone clinks and says cheers to the long weekend. I cap it off by saying 'Thanks for dying, Jesus!' and it goes down like a fart in Church.

Tried to drop the smug arseholish out of my atheism ever since I tought philosophy of science at uni and had to deal with the type of kids who are totally into atheism/skepticism as a badge of honour and spout stuff they've seen or read from Penn and Teller, Derren Brown or Richard Dawkins (even though I have an appreciation for each of those to varying degree).

The know-it-all atheist is just as much a pain in the arse as the creationist kid.

As for celebrating holidays which have zero meaning to me - I'm totally down with having a few days off and an excuse to gorge myself on yum yums. I see the religious connotation as part of the mythology and have no problem with shopping centers with nativity scenes or religious imagery - it makes the world a more colourful place and people should stop being so precious. Santa is about as real as God(s) yet he's allowed on cartoon shows for kids yet Jesus isn't. How boring.

Bernbaum said:
After-work drinks yesterday, everyone clinks and says cheers to the long weekend. I cap it off by saying 'Thanks for dying, Jesus!' and it goes down like a fart in Church.

Tried to drop the smug arseholish out of my atheism ever since I tought philosophy of science at uni and had to deal with the type of kids who are totally into atheism/skepticism as a badge of honour and spout stuff they've seen or read from Penn and Teller, Derren Brown or Richard Dawkins (even though I have an appreciation for each of those to varying degree).

The know-it-all atheist is just as much a pain in the arse as the creationist kid.

As for celebrating holidays which have zero meaning to me - I'm totally down with having a few days off and an excuse to gorge myself on yum yums. I see the religious connotation as part of the mythology and have no problem with shopping centers with nativity scenes or religious imagery - it makes the world a more colourful place and people should stop being so precious. Santa is about as real as God(s) yet he's allowed on cartoon shows for kids yet Jesus isn't. How boring.
My son gets to wear a bunny costume and we all get chocolate. Everybody's happy. I'm agnostic but I have a few athiest friends who go over the top about it. They are fine with every other topic of conversation but if someone tells them they are catholic BAM. Lecture bomb of knowledge and doucheyness comes flowing out. One of them has lost a few jobs by putting down the wrong people.

Also the rest we get the time off is for easter so I'm not going to go around saying "happy holidays" instead of "happy easter". Same with christmas.

roosters93 said:
Happy holidays sounds kind of stupid imo. It's more of an American saying isn't it?
Yes. It's because they have large populations of people who don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday, so don't want to offend. Makes sense to me.

codswallop said:
Yes. It's because they have large populations of people who don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday, so don't want to offend. Makes sense to me.
Yeah it definitely makes sense, I just don't hear many people say it over here so it's weird when I do.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Also the rest we get the time off is for easter so I'm not going to go around saying "happy holidays" instead of "happy easter". Same with christmas.
I say "hoppy easter"... then if people pay me out, it's because it was a shit joke, not political correctness!

Salazar said:
No fucken Creme Eggs at the shop this morning.
I have half-a-dozen in my freezer :D

Shaneus

roosters93 said:
Hey Shaneus, did NBA2k11 ever come? What'd you think?
Yeah, it arrived... seemingly fairly quickly, too! Haven't installed as I'm still powering through Operation Backlog (or at least, trying to) but I've heard awesome things about it... mostly from big basketball fans. Pretty sure it's the first basketball game I've bought since NBA Jam on the Megadrive so I'm sure I'll be blown away, regardless of how good it actually is!

guidop

It is a great time for fans of TV. Game of Thrones started last week and Season 2 of Treme starts in 2 days with Chris Lilley's new comedy coming up too(11 of May i think) its a bloody good time to be a couch potato

guidop said:
It is a great time for fans of TV. Game of Thrones started last week and Season 2 of Treme starts in 2 days with Chris Lilley's new comedy coming up too(11 of May i think) its a bloody good time to be a couch potato

Been meaning to watch Treme. Finished Boardwalk Empire a few weeks ago and just started Six Feet Under.

Kirby102 said:
Hey AusGAF,

Sorry for posting this, but can you guys do me a favour?

My friend is asking for some responses for her assignment, it's about ethics and religion...
So could I ask you guys to help me and her out, by filling it out? :D

You don't have to do it... but it would be awesome of you all :)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en_GB&formkey=dE5Zd2ctcnF3OTVFZlgtMTVRcUdGcmc6MQ#gid=0

- hope I don't get banned for these things D: -

Who's going to not tick murder and assault and all the obvious ones? Seems a little redundant.

Kirby102

Neverender said:
Who's going to not tick murder and assault and all the obvious ones? Seems a little redundant.
Murder, what if you're in the military etc.

There are those types of people in the world, we wouldn't know what their beliefs are and such. As redundant as it may be to ask in this demographic, I guess it's just for research purposes.

Kirby102 said:
Murder, what if you're in the military etc.

If your friend wants to get at that then she shouldn't use the term Murder, she should use Military Kills/Deaths (but make the phrase more coherent).

Kirby102

FreeFallin' said:
If your friend wants to get at that then she shouldn't use the term Murder, she should use Military Kills/Deaths (but make the phrase more coherent).
Yeah, fair enough, I should get her to improve on it.

I apologise for the poorly worded survey, it's limited to what I was presented with... so I guess make use of that? Sorry :(

Kirby102 said:
Yeah, fair enough, I should get her to improve on it.

I apologise for the poorly worded survey, it's limited to what I was presented with... so I guess make use of that? Sorry :(

It's just seems a bit limiting. Rather than being open-ended enough that I could discuss my views in full it's questions force me to narrow them down, which is good for allowing the collating of results to be a painless affair, but not good for getting the respondent's whole view.

mandiller

I've got work tonight for some unknown reason. There's no Lateline or Lateline Business videos to post since the shows aren't on today, or any 7.30 so I dunno what I'll be doing since its a video shift and that's pretty much all I do. Yay for working Good Friday?

Anyone else working today?

Rezbit said:
Just saw Thor. Pretty good fun! God DAMN Home and Away dude got buff!
I just saw Thor as well. I hated it. Thor started out as a dick and never redeemed himself. Also, Loki was all over the place as far as bad guys go.

Natalie Portman's character and that of her friend were basically unnecessary too.

Jintor

Urgh. One of those 'I'll start something eventually' days where I don't start anything ever. I guess I did the general household stuff but I seriously don't feel like starting this assignment due on Wednesday. :T

legend166

Guys, help me pick what game I play next. Some I've started and some I haven't, but I haven't got very far in any of them:

Alpha Protocol
Bioshock
Chronicles of Riddick
Dirt 2
Oblivion
Ghostbusters
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Prince of Persia 2008
Puzzle Agent
Titan Quest Gold

Jintor said:
Urgh. One of those 'I'll start something eventually' days where I don't start anything ever. I guess I did the general household stuff but I seriously don't feel like starting this assignment due on Wednesday. :T

Don't worry there is still plenty of long weekend left, aka play games till Monday evening, then feel guilty and stressed all throughout Tuesday.

legend166 said:
Guys, help me pick what game I play next. Some I've started and some I haven't, but I haven't got very far in any of them:

Alpha Protocol
Bioshock
Chronicles of Riddick
Dirt 2
Oblivion
Ghostbusters
Prince of Persia 2008
Puzzle Agent
Titan Quest Gold

Play Alpha Protocol, then Puzzle Agent. Also join Rahk, X3no5, Kritz and me in our Neverwinter Nights 2 journey.

Shaneus

legend166 said:

Alpha Protocol
Bioshock
Chronicles of Riddick
Dirt 2
Oblivion
Ghostbusters
Prince of Persia 2008
Puzzle Agent
Titan Quest Gold
Dirt 2 is ridiculous amounts of fun, despite how XTREEAMMME the presentation is. Looks awesome, too.

kase23

legend166 said:

Alpha Protocol
Bioshock
Chronicles of Riddick
Dirt 2
Oblivion
Ghostbusters
Prince of Persia 2008
Puzzle Agent
Titan Quest Gold

Alpha Protocol - pistols and stealth psychopath run, it entails trying to earn everyone's trust with ethically balanced decisions early on in the game then doing a complete 180 and become a egotistic petty murderer that's always finding the best ways to piss of your handlers.
everyone who's played the game should try this run out atleast once

Got my copy of shogun 2 from ozgameshop yesterday, Anyone here dig the multiplayer? soon as im done with portal 2 ill pop that in and play the whole long weekend :D

Prince of Persia 2008 is pretty good fun. Everyone bitched about the 'die and immediately taken back to the last jump' mechanic but I didn't find it any different to other similar games.

Then move onto BioShock, since you can pick up the sequel dirt cheap and you'll probably want to because you'll enjoy the first.

Bonus: Both are relatively short and you can feel some sense of accomplishment.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So Portal 2, It's ok but not great.

Like that surprises anyone.

I haven't actually finished it but i've gotten to the point where i don't even feel like it. It's starting to drag on a little too much and i have no energy for it. I think i will finish it before the 5 day holiday ends, A day or two break might get me back in the mood for it.

Stackboy

Help me Ausgaf. I got to about 60% on downloading Portal 2 for PC (got the PS3 version). Now it won't budge, won't even start downloading again.

I don't want to be destined to play co-op on PS3, yukky!!

Fredescu

I don't know what gave you guys the impression that cookie likes video games. "Ok but not great" is comparatively high praise.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
I don't know what gave you guys the impression that cookie likes video games. "Ok but not great" is comparatively high praise.

I guess i'm just trying to be nice towards it ;D

I'm mixed towards the game. It clearly does some things really well but fuck there are some frustrating ideas going on there.

Portal was a great length, It was simple and to the point, Here's your 19 levels, go and have fun. This feels like they are just trying to throw in more levels to stretch it out so it's more of a full length game you can pay $50 for but it only makes the game less interesting and more frustrating.

I was honestly enjoying the game up until some point. I'm not too sure what it might have been but i'm guessing it was around
the time you start dicking around with the 3 gels
that i just couldn't be fucked any more.

I've never been burnt out on a game so quickly, It's a strange feeling.

Top Bottom