• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Rezbit

Bernbaum said:
Here's a Cadbury Creme egg baked into a chocolate muffin.

b6160e4f.jpg

Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Holy shit I'm salivating.

Also where is Kritz sailing?

Nemesis_

Neverender said:
Thanks dude.

No problem. If you need to read something to make you feel a bit better, read TRMK.org.

The MK Australia Ban topic is on the front page and it shows a lot of people even have the game right now in Australia. Crazy stuff.

I'm hoping mine arrives, I was too scared to go courier shipping this time since my experience with Silent Hill Homecoming.

Bernbaum

Well I guess when you quote Ozymandias like that, it's hard to be surprised that people thought I actually made that, which I didn't.

CadburyCreme/Cupcake/Abortion came from BoingBoing.

Rezbit

I would actually throw that in a muffin rather than a cupcake, and make a regular mix rather than chocolate. Then a thin layer of choc icing on top. Mmmm. If I could be arsed baking I would.

Jintor

After listening to this week's Giant Bomb and playing some more MvC3, I really need to get MK.

Goddamnit Capcom I know all your pride's in your tournie mode or whatever, but why couldn't you have put a decent singpleayer mode into MvC3? Damnit!

Kritz

Banned
Back from the journey. Was pretty humbling in all. Mix of fun and serenity (as it was for my grandparent's ash scattering), and a small amount of all consuming fear of wood's ability to remain buoyant.

Rezbit said:
Also where is Kritz sailing?

We ended up in a little crevice by Bruny Island, which is like 5km or so off the main bit of Tasmania. Not far, could still see land on both sides.

I have quite a lot of photos that I'll cherry pick and post links to.

Rezbit

Kritz said:
Back from the journey. Was pretty humbling in all. Mix of fun and serenity (as it was for my grandparent's ash scattering), and a small amount of all consuming fear of wood's ability to remain buoyant.

We ended up in a little crevice by Bruny Island, which is like 5km or so off the main bit of Tasmania. Not far, could still see land on both sides.

I have quite a lot of photos that I'll cherry pick and post links to.

Yeah, what a nice spot for that. Haven't been to Bruny for years. Tassie is really beautiful, and as you mentioned, serene.

Kritz

Banned
Here's a few more images

Nothing special. Just a few random snaps.

A few notes:

The beer was brewed by my cousin's boyfriend and was pretty decent.

The shot with the lady was on the cabin at the top of the ship. She was showing me a few awards and locations the boat has been.

The one inside is below sea level, the crew living area. It was really small, but also really nice. You'd have no problem living there for a week.

I got to go into the captian's bedroom and see the ship's cat, and a few medals and stuff. Was interesting. Forgot to get a shot of the cat before it ducked out of sight.

We had about 25 people on board, but they say it can fit 65 as the maximum. No idea where you'd throw all those people.

And, yeah, a few random people on boats drove up to say hi and see what the family was doing.

Was fun.

Oh hai AusGAF.

Just got back to Sydney after 5 days at my parents farm without mobile phones, cable tv or internet.

Did I miss anything?

Oh yeh I forgot about the portals!

One thing I miss about not living on the farm is setting things on fire.

I made this in honour of Jesus etc last night before we left.

BaJAD.jpg

dXYWR.jpg

Jintor

I'm sure Jesus appreciates you setting fire to as many things as possible.

That does look fucking cool though. Fire!

Kirby102

Dear AusGAF,

I was at woolies, and i want to do the frozen creme egg thing, would the creme egg mini's do justice?

ediT: The things I do for them creme eggs, I haven't had them in ages.

byHij.jpg

O9I5O.jpg

Posting from sunny
fucking dreary
Hamilton! To the only chemist open yesterday, f you! $32 for a can of baby forumula? God this place sucks balls.
I will never forget my Son's milk powder again.
Also the only place that had Portal 2 was Harvey Norman. For $110. Dick Smith don't get it in until next Thursday, must have broken a street date in the past. Also the local Video Ezy had it for rental (all out) and every other new release for purchase but no Portal 2. Balls. Rediscovering my love for long-necked beer though. Get drunk quicker because you don't want it to go flat!

evlcookie said:
There's a good chance I have no ideal game :(
Sounds like you need to play Curse of Monkey Island. Did you enjoy Assassin's Creed 2?

Jintor said:
I'm really hankering for an RPG, but I've resolved not to get DA2 until it goes on sale, and I've already burned through most everything on my Steam list that's vaguely RPG related. Downloading Call of Pripyat now though.
DA2 is poop. You need The Witcher. Stat. Also make sure to grab the COMPLETE mod for Stalker, must have. Night and day.

Gazunta said:
would a game and watch be as good as a 3ds?
Twice as good, three times as enjoyable.

Strangely enough OzGameShop has Mortal Kombat available. Soooo tempting.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
DA2 is poop. You need The Witcher. Stat. Also make sure to grab the COMPLETE mod for Stalker, must have. Night and day.

Finished the Witcher yonks ago. Installing Pripyat right now, trying to get past some bloody engine error.

Nemesis_

Jintor said:
After listening to this week's Giant Bomb and playing some more MvC3, I really need to get MK.

Goddamnit Capcom I know all your pride's in your tournie mode or whatever, but why couldn't you have put a decent singpleayer mode into MvC3? Damnit!

IMPORT IT! I love Capcom and shit but MK is so good. Well, from what I played of the demo. It can only get better from there, right?

It's pretty amazing, and I know I'll be needing some Aussie buddies to play with. =(

Not that the Single Player isn't meaty enough.

reptilescorpio said:
Strangely enough OzGameShop has Mortal Kombat available. Soooo tempting.

It's 5 bucks cheaper from Zavvi, it's on the way to my place now :D

EDIT: Well, it used to be 5 bucks cheaper, they hiked up the price by a whole 2 pounds!

Darklord

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
Region free. Many people are reporting that the fastest shipping option from Amazon when gift wrapped is the best way.

Does that include the online code? That's region free as well?

Gazunta said:
would a game and watch be as good as a 3ds?
Do you mean would a Game & Watch game be good on the 3DS? There is a kind of soccer mini game hidden in the music player that looks like a Game & Watch game.

Also I tried a Cadbury Creme Egg for I think the first time today (or first time I can remember). Am I miss something, it was really way too sweet, I'll stick with my Crunchie Cadbury chocolate bar me thinks.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Hey dudes does anyone know if there is a way to watch AFL games if i'm not in Aus? A streaming site or something like that?

Nemesis_

Darklord said:
Does that include the online code? That's region free as well?

Not sure, but my imported Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Collector's Edition from the US provided me with an Xbox 360 code marked FOR USE IN THE US ONLY but it worked perfectly fine on my AUS account and Xbox console.

I'm assuming it's fine.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Things i need to stop doing, Looking at xbmc skins.

It makes me want a htpc xbmc setup which would require me to buy a rack for storage, then the proper audio equipment, the actual htpc, media storage and maybe a projector. Then I need to put all of that into a location so I need a house or apartment.

The only thing stopping me from doing this is that I would be required to rob a bank and that isn't going to happen :(

evlcookie said:
Things i need to stop doing, Looking at xbmc skins.

It makes me want a htpc xbmc setup which would require me to buy a rack for storage, then the proper audio equipment, the actual htpc, media storage and maybe a projector. Then I need to put all of that into a location so I need a house or apartment.

The only thing stopping me from doing this is that I would be required to rob a bank and that isn't going to happen :(
Orrrr.. buy an AppleTV, jailbreak it, install XBMC and have a lo-fi version of a HTPC setup. (Although the files still need to be stored elsewhere)

Not ideal, but pretty cheap.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
roosters93 said:
Orrrr.. buy an AppleTV, jailbreak it, install XBMC and have a lo-fi version of a HTPC setup. (Although the files still need to be stored elsewhere)

Not ideal, but pretty cheap.

Doesn't have enough power for 1080p.

In reality i would just replace the apple tv with the current AMD fusion setup, wouldn't cost all that much more unless i wanted a fancy case (i do!). And it can do 1080 mkv + audio over hdmi.

Yoshiya

evlcookie said:

In reality i would just replace the apple tv with the current AMD fusion setup, wouldn't cost all that much more unless i wanted a fancy case (i do!). And it can do 1080 mkv + audio over hdmi.
Wanting something like this myself, though a HTPC is just too expensive. This year's Apple TV revision (if there is one, hopefully) should do 1080p easily and still be tiny and silent (and $100) so I'll probably wait for that. My media generally seems to reach everywhere but the TV, where it'd actually look good enough to be worth watching :(

Danoss

evlcookie said:

Have you looked at the Boxee Box at all? It seems like a pretty neat little solution, beats my old AppleTV any day of the week, plus it's cheaper than building my own HTPC, which I have also considered.

I am currently using my Xbox 360 to do stream as a Windows Media centre extender (no mkv sadly). It sucks mostly because of the idiotic way Microsoft have allowed this. The DivX/Xvid codec is essentially free DLC, which forces it to have DRM, so as soon as my internet stops working or if I'm not signed into Xbox Live, it doesn't work. Neat, huh?

Bernbaum

You know when you go looking up new music, maybe browse a music site like Pitchfork or perhaps something more relevant, check it out on Youtube, flick through iTunes to see if it's available digitally, add it to your Wishlist and then forget about it then finally download it, oh years after first becoming intrigued, and then get blown away and regret not buying it straight away in the first place?

Totally got that just with Mastodon's 'Crack the Skye'.

Also, Four Tet, but that was like soooooooooo last month, know what I mean?

Kirby102

I feel so lame, I posted a comment on Gaz's blog.

It's not because of that, it's because I have to... It's part of my uni assignment haha, it has to "be half a page long and make a point".

So Gaz, should you find it, please comment back :D

<3

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:

That's such an outstanding album. I got to see them do it live in Melb, they played the entire thing from start to finish with very little interuptions.

One of the most awesome concert experiences. The two skinny Asian guys in front of me were going off, singing every lyric, noshing and just totally into it. It was hilarious but great too see someone so passionate and into what they are seeing and experience.

BSS said:
I've been using one of these for about 18 months now:
http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=ION 330

With XBMC. Added a USB TV tuner and IR remote. Does the job quite nicely.

I do know another guy with that who loves it.

My idea was to buy a small box that worked as my htpc + media server. 6 hdd bays where i could throw in 6x2TB and that should last me a lifetime.

At the end of the day i have no room for it which is why i need a house or apartment. Some of those xbmc skins look outstanding though.

Went for a run this morning for the first time in years. Fun, fun. :/

Nike+ on the iPhone is pretty cool though. But, it means I have to run with my iPhone in my pocket which isn't great. I guess I could get one of those armband things. Has anyone ever used one of them?

Bernbaum said:
You know when you go looking up new music, maybe browse a music site like Pitchfork or perhaps something more relevant, check it out on Youtube, flick through iTunes to see if it's available digitally, add it to your Wishlist and then forget about it then finally download it, oh years after first becoming intrigued, and then get blown away and regret not buying it straight away in the first place?

Also, Four Tet, but that was like soooooooooo last month, know what I mean?
They have a live cd/dvd out now that is awesome. You might want to check out Porcupine Tree, awesome prog band. Also I already have had too much chocolate.

Rahk

I always wanted to try a Creme Egg when I was a kid, but never did. I don't think I've ever had one to this day. Maybe I will go remedy that today.

Nemesis556 said:
No problem. If you need to read something to make you feel a bit better, read TRMK.org.

The MK Australia Ban topic is on the front page and it shows a lot of people even have the game right now in Australia. Crazy stuff.

I'm hoping mine arrives, I was too scared to go courier shipping this time since my experience with Silent Hill Homecoming.
Ordered mine and copies for my friends. My gt is Moosetwik it anyone wants an Aussie to play with.

Rahk said:
I always wanted to try a Creme Egg when I was a kid, but never did. I don't think I've ever had one to this day. Maybe I will go remedy that today.
I don't get the massive love those things get. I tried one and yes, it was tasty. But definitely not worth the massive amount the zombielike masses say.

Top Bottom