• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kerrby

Banned
VOOK said:
Starfox, Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart....

Then like Metal Gear Solid 3, Crush 3D, Layton, Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions, Tetris, Driver, Cave Story 3D.

Yup, no games.

Sorry, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

hamchan

Kerrby said:
Sorry, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.
Nah he's right. All those games are post September or not dated I think. Why Nintendo is stacking the end of the year so much I do not know. Maybe they're going to have a price drop and a renewed marketing campaign lol.

Jintor

hamchan said:
Nah he's right. All those games are post September or not dated I think. Why Nintendo is stacking the end of the year so much I do not know. Maybe they're going to have a price drop and a renewed marketing campaign lol.

3DS needs to go mad at Christmas probably...?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, good, JB Hifi might be saving me from pizza delivery. Software Advisor interview scheduled. Wish me luck, etc.

Fredescu

"Are you looking for something with an intruiging narrative that really engages you on a fundamental level?"

"Uh, I just want a word processor"

Rez said:
Oh, good, JB Hifi might be saving me from pizza delivery. Software Advisor interview scheduled. Wish me luck, etc.

Good luck. Don't forget lie your ass off in the interview. I love helping people blah blah blah.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The deputy mayor of Sydney on the 7pm Project talking about then invasion thing and she was hilarious. So honest and to the point in a politically unpolished way. I don't know what she actually stands for, but I love her based on that alone.

Gazunta

I've just found out about Doctor Cat MD.

PRESIDOG COULD KICK ITS ASS.

PRESIDOGS > DOCTORCATS

Edit: OK. I have calmed down now. I am just lashing out because Doctor Cat MD is very good and I wish I had time to do more Presidog comics.

Shaneus, good work for finishing Crackdown 2. I would kill to have a beer with the designers and listen to them talk about what they planned before the realities of development kicked in. It sounds like so many cool features had to get left on the cutting room floor. I don't regret buying it for full price on day one
at EB even!
. God I love Crackdown so much.

And personally I attribute more of Crackdown's success to Gary Liddon than Dave Jones, but that's probably just the Zzap! 64 fan in me.

Shaneus

Okay, Crackdown 2 is officially finished... the story is at least, anyway. Doesn't have the charm of the first and the story tried too hard to be interesting. Even though vehicle morphing is a tiny part of the first game, I kinda miss it from this one.

Boss/energy thing battles could definitely have been planned better, too. Just spamming more powerful enemies and having some bullshit knockout mechanic where you're powerless while beasts pound you feels REALLY cheap, especially by (and during) the final battle.

City doesn't seem as fun to explore, either. In fact, at the end I found huge chunks of the city I clearly hadn't been to by virtue of there being shit-tons of orbs floating around.

Quickest turnaround for a full-priced (when it was released) game, too!

Salazar

Left 4 Dead 2 is indeed pretty badass. Just tried it out a little.

I love how very differently shit goes down each playthrough. My brother had a shot, and I thought I could tell him what to expect - hell no.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Salazar said:
Left 4 Dead 2 is indeed pretty badass. Just tried it out a little.

I love how very differently shit goes down each playthrough. My brother had a shot, and I thought I could tell him what to expect - hell no.
Wait until you play Hard Rain. It's so good.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Shaneus, good work for finishing Crackdown 2. I would kill to have a beer with the designers and listen to them talk about what they planned before the realities of development kicked in. It sounds like so many cool features had to get left on the cutting room floor. I don't regret buying it for full price on day one
at EB even!
. God I love Crackdown so much.

And personally I attribute more of Crackdown's success to Gary Liddon than Dave Jones, but that's probably just the Zzap! 64 fan in me.
Can you remember where you heard about the features that didn't make it? Any more info would definitely be cool.

Ideally, for a third (and they definitely left it open for another at the end) I'd love to see the city rebuilt and perhaps more of a focus on crime than trying to get too deep into a story. Just thinking about it, they could easily ape almost any of the plots from a John Carpenter movie (such as Assault on Precinct 13 or even Escape From New York... maybe a bit of They Live thrown in for good measure) and it would suit the Crackdown universe perfectly. Slightly cheesy, obviously, but that's part of what made the first one better (in hindsight) than the second.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
More fuel for the street date break

the Mercs club nintendo code looks like it won't work until thursday

Either does the Ocarina one?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
There was no street date officially on Mercs, is what I was told just this afternoon.

Oh yeah and Splinter Cell and a few others have UK codes and work fine, Nintendo just has to activate them.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Salazar said:
I just grabbed it off Steam, regular like. I assume that means yes.
I played it censored and had a blast. *shrug*

jambo

Interesting, I wasn't sure if there had been any successful circumventions of the censoring yet. Of course, I have the uncensored version so I haven't exactly been looking.

Operation Deliverance went well. Took the family down to the backwater county of Warrnambool yesterday to go house hunting and looked at several lemons while avoiding the wrath of the local folk. Got a call at 5:15pm that I had "training" the next day so it meant sleeping on my bro-in-laws floor while the gf and son drove on to Hamilton for the night. IT IS SO FUCKING COLD IN WARRNAMBOOL AT NIGHT. Sucked so much. Anyway after finding the brand new office (no thanks to the incorrect address I was given) turned out it wasn't training, just the first day everything was getting set up. Including the first meeting with the Government representative of the contract. Also by the way I had to borrow clothes from my bro-in-law since I didn't bring anything half decent when we went house hunting. Thankfully I have a high Cunning attribute so I was able to negotiate the meeting to make myself look intelligent and resourceful while I tried to take in what my job was actually supposed to be.
After all that it turns out they want me to do some training at the Geelong office to get a feel for it before coming to Warrnambool and pretty much coordinating the team. Coolio. Also looked at another house that was strangely perfect for us. Almost. Too. Perfect. I suspect a haunting (especially from the gun cabinet in the linen closet) but alas, I require a hovel for my family post haste. Just got back to Geelong and my son has never been happier.

Also saw Red Dragon which was pretty good aside from the couple of moments that of illogical writing. Edward Norton was great as always. Still enjoyed Hannibal more. Dat Gary Oldman.

VOOK said:
Yeah but you can't see which stores have stock.
Yep, was great for working out which stores had the cheap pre-owned wired 360 controllers for $15. Never did make it to that store out the other side of Melbourne. Now I don't know which store it was!

codswallop said:
I require one new Mos Def album stat. Given up on Black Star ever happening again. :(

What is this garbage about Resi Mercenaries not allowing you to start a new game? Seriously? One playthrough only? What if my gf wants to play from the start? How do magnets work?

Top Bottom