• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Salazar said:
Cheers. I'll play through censored the first time; there's no doubt at all I'll be playing this over and over again, though.

Once you play uncensored you can never go back. That being said, the first time I played it uncensored I was pretty shocked by how gory it was.

You should play through the zombies vs people mode. Now THAT is fun.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I require one new Mos Def album stat. Given up on Black Star ever happening again. :(
Tell me you've seen Be Kind, Rewind. Loved it, though it was pretty high on the obscure-o-meter. I keep meaning to listen to Mos Def and the most I've heard of his was a little freestyle he did on Chappelle's Show.

Shaneus said:
Tell me you've seen Be Kind, Rewind. Loved it, though it was pretty high on the obscure-o-meter. I keep meaning to listen to Mos Def and the most I've heard of his was a little freestyle he did on Chappelle's Show.
Rewind was soooooooo good. Def has had a great career in movies. Also you NEED to listen to his stuff. Start with Black Star which is Talib Kweli and Mos Def. Probably my favourite hip hop record. Then work your way through his solo stuff. Loved his latest record a lot.

Shaneus said:

His "Black on both sides" album has a few good songs. Also the song "quiet dog bite hard" is good.

Echoplx

jambo said:
I was just txting a chick, and my iPhone auto corrected a misspelling of netball to methamphetamine :lol :lol :lol

Could have been worse

g4EmD.png

Jintor

Oh my god, definitely my next phone text prank.

*prepares to lose friends*

/edit if only facebook or twitter plausibly had autocorrect

jambo

Salazar said:
Ankle ruining, over-refereed, abysmally designed crap.

You low corrosive lump of fecal horror! You maniac bastardly turd! I would rather drink stale urine from Bobby Kotick's ass pit than remain one moment more in your defiling company! You're filth! You're cack! You're the ooze of a burst boil. I abominate you, you towering mound of corrupted slime! Your every utterance is like the slithering hiss of a fat maggot in the putrid guts of a decomposing rat! Your face is fouler than the unwiped inner ring of Satan's rectum!

Rezbit

jambo said:
You low corrosive lump of fecal horror! You maniac bastardly turd! I would rather drink stale urine from Bobby Kotick's ass pit than remain one moment more in your defiling company! You're filth! You're cack! You're the ooze of a burst boil. I abominate you, you towering mound of corrupted slime! Your every utterance is like the slithering hiss of a fat maggot in the putrid guts of a decomposing rat! Your face is fouler than the unwiped inner ring of Satan's rectum!

.....hahahahaha!

Choc

Banned
Salazar said:
I did like a shooter from NZ a while back. She was hot, in a muscular way.

Edit: Irene van Dyk. Dat athleticism.

i do not agree with salazar. This is the woman he is talking about

New+Zealand+v+England+New+World+Series+Game+jzZD_Ao0Csal.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rez said:
Oh, good, JB Hifi might be saving me from pizza delivery. Software Advisor interview scheduled. Wish me luck, etc.

Which store?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If only Rez was working at DFO JB, I could at least stalk him there.

Prahran is just too far!

Also, It's super fucking cold in melbourne this morning, god damn.

I did play the witcher 2 over the weekend and while i think the game is good so far the combat fucking kills it for me, It fucking sucks. I've been told the combat is meant to get better after chapter 2 but good god it's bad in chapter 1, Almost enough to make me want to quit and punch small animals.

Good to see true blood is still as campy as ever going by the first episode of season 4!

evlcookie said:

Prahran is just too far!

Also, It's super fucking cold in melbourne this morning, god damn.

I did play the witcher 2 over the weekend and while i think the game is good so far the combat fucking kills it for me, It fucking sucks. I've been told the combat is meant to get better after chapter 2 but good god it's bad in chapter 1, Almost enough to make me want to quit and punch small animals.

Good to see true blood is still as campy as ever going by the first episode of season 4!

Apparently the latest patch made the prologue easier so maybe try that if you haven't already.

Shaneus said:

The Ecstatic was a good album.

You know what, in a way, the RE: Mercs permanent save game is a good idea (stay with me for a second here).

Because there's only one save, and it auto-saves (I assume), that means each decision you make and everything you do carries a lot more weight. This makes things more tense and the game is probably better for it.

However, not allowing you to reset and start again is totally retarded.

evlcookie said:
I think it's getting even more campy as the seasons go on. The tongue's probably going to end up through the cheek by season five. It's great.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
evlcookie said:

Yeah, it takes awhile to sink in, but when it 'clicks' its a lot more fun. Make sure to make good use of signs, and do a lot of defensive tactics like blocking and making sure you're not surrounded. Do go spamming the attacks like a brawler.

codswallop said:
You know what, in a way, the RE: Mercs permanent save game is a good idea (stay with me for a second here).

Because there's only one save, and it auto-saves (I assume), that means each decision you make and everything you do carries a lot more weight. This makes things more tense and the game is probably better for it.

It has been like that with a bunch of console games in the past I have noticed. Only allowing one save file or only an auto save file. Not allowing you to delete the save and playthrough again though is inexcusable.

reptilescorpio said:
It has been like that with a bunch of console games in the past I have noticed. Only allowing one save file or only an auto save file. Not allowing you to delete the save and playthrough again though is inexcusable.
Absolutely inexcusable, at least if they're charging full price. If it was a game that cost $5 for each 10-hour playthrough that might be a different story.

When I started playing New Vegas in Hardcore mode, when I first saved I noticed a "1/100 saves used" message. I mistakenly though that meant I only had 100 saves for the entirety of the game (excluding autosaves which for obvious reasons wouldn't have been included). The first 10 hours I was playing, I lived with every choice I made, for better or worse. It was freaking awesome, especially in a game where choice has such an effect on the overall game.

And then I realised it meant I could have 100 separate saves, and I slipped into my old gamer habits (saving before talking to anyone, before taking or completing quests, etc).

codswallop said:
And then I realised it meant I could have 100 separate saves, and I slipped into my old gamer habits (saving before talking to anyone, before taking or completing quests, etc).
The PC gamer in me always feels weird not hitting F5 every 60 seconds playing games on a console. At least some developers are working around it, like CD Projekt making the consequences happen later in the game and being more of a ripple effect rather than blatant signpost (looking at you Bioware).

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:

I think it's getting even more campy as the seasons go on. The tongue's probably going to end up through the cheek by season five. It's great.

Fable did this a lot better.

Also yes it autosaves, but in the context of the mercs game there is no real huge decision that makes a massive impact on the game ;|

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
EatChildren said:
Yeah, it takes awhile to sink in, but when it 'clicks' its a lot more fun. Make sure to make good use of signs, and do a lot of defensive tactics like blocking and making sure you're not surrounded. Do go spamming the attacks like a brawler.

I think the problem is you seem to get surrounded way too much at the start. Once you get your abilities, stronger signs and other things, I'm guessing the surrounding is easier to hold off.

Walking into a cave only to find 20 half dead things ready to attack, surround you and just kick your ass isn't very fun. I had to constantly keep resetting the cave (they don't walk past a certain point) just so i could regen health to kill 1 or 2 more guys.

It doesn't help that blocking seems to be laggy or just doesn't work at all.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
evlcookie said:

Prahran is just too far!
All I'm hearing is: I'm not good enough.

Do you realise how that makes me feel?

evlcookie said:
I think the problem is you seem to get surrounded way too much at the start. Once you get your abilities, stronger signs and other things, I'm guessing the surrounding is easier to hold off.

Walking into a cave only to find 20 half dead things ready to attack, surround you and just kick your ass isn't very fun. I had to constantly keep resetting the cave (they don't walk past a certain point) just so i could regen health to kill 1 or 2 more guys.

It doesn't help that blocking seems to be laggy or just doesn't work at all.

Blocking uses vigor so make sure you have some!

Also that cave is alot easier if you use bombs and potions.

They can help alot at the start when you're just starting out.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
DualShadow said:
Blocking uses vigor so make sure you have some!

Also that cave is alot easier if you use bombs and potions.

They can help alot at the start when you're just starting out.

I used potions but it wasn't really enough. I did try place a bomb but it was behind the reset checkpoint, so kinda broken there. I was trying to pull them as a group one by one, WoW style into my trap but the game had other ideas!

If they hit you from behind you take a huge amount of damage, a few hits of that and you're dead before you notice wtf was going on.

It's a shame it seems so broken early on. I figured packs of 2 maybe 3 max would be enough to help you level up during the first few hours then throw on 4, 5, 6 and more as the game progresses. But it does love to throw 4 and 5 at you as you're just cruising along minding your own business, It's also a shame you can't seem to interact with doors if you're in combat. How am i meant to run away like a sissy!

evlcookie said:
That cave is the only point I had trouble with. Are you only using one save file? You should have a ton of save files so go back to the one just before entering the cave and drink up on the 3 main potions (health regen+, vigor regen+ and +10% sword damage) coat your blade in necro oil for +20% damage against the Nekkers and if you stand just after the drop point you will only get one or two Nekkers who will follow you up there at a time. If they patched that out then try to keep on the move and use daggers and/or aard to keep them off your back. There is a skill tree for stopping the backstab damage bonus too. Maybe even come back to the cave after you have spent some time in the forest where you will go up a few levels.

Echoplx

One thing that helped me a lot with the combat is finding the 'rhythm' of the clicks, just like the first game timing is required but it's just not as obvious as having icons flash on the screen.

So yeah, don't spam attacks.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Dead Rising? Oh, that's Capcom as well.

histopher

Is there any issue with local play between a US 3DS and a PAL? I have friends with PAL models but due to advice here and prices I've seen I'm thinking of going with the US model...

EatChildren

Shaneus said:
Vanquish for $18 delivered. Apparently it was alright. Anyone know what platform is the best?
http://www.game.com.au/vanquishsale

Edit: Link doesn't seem to work anymore. Boo-urns.

Both versions are basically identical in the visual department, with a slight loss on the Xbox 360 (nothing really noteworthy). The biggest difference is that the PS3 version is vsynced, and the 360 version is not. PS3 version if you can.

And its better than alright. ITS AMAZING.

EDIT: Out of stock. That was fast.

jambo

Salazar said:
Ugh.

Steam Mafia 1 launches and then freezes on a horrible aqua blue screen.

Everything else is running fine.

First thing to do is verify the integrity of the game files. Just right click the game, go to properties and then the local files tab.

EatChildren said:
Both versions are basically identical in the visual department, with a slight loss on the Xbox 360 (nothing really noteworthy). The biggest difference is that the PS3 version is vsynced, and the 360 version is not. PS3 version if you can.

And its better than alright. ITS AMAZING.

EDIT: Out of stock. That was fast.
It has been that price for about a week now. Thankfully it being out of stock means that some lucky souls are going to be able to experience the joy of Vanquish. So good. EVERYBODY PICK UP SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED. Mikami deserves the support for making such great games.

Salazar said:
Ugh.
Steam Mafia 1 launches and then freezes on a horrible aqua blue screen.
Everything else is running fine.
Try the Steam forum for it or maybe Google. Unfortunately a lot of older games are dumped on Steam and left for the community to get up and running properly unlike GOG who fix them up for win7 release.

Top Bottom