• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
oh eb

• Amazing 3D visuals! A complete graphical overhaul!
• Analogue controls, plus greatly improved ease of use with touch-based inventory system!
• First-person shooting feature!

WAT

thats not new you idiots :D

Jintor

FallbackPants said:
Who do you work for Jintor?

I haven't tried grabbing screen caps for years, but I would have thought it would have been an option on a BR specific program. Is there something you can grab a trial of just for this one time?

Already managed it, resolution is too small for print (at the size we want)

FallbackPants said:
Who do you work for Jintor?

number2.jpg

Kritz

Banned
Fredescu said:
Or don't partition any drive. What's the difference between a D: drive, and a folder on C:? Nothing other than by making a drive you've put arbitrary limits on growth. It's a waste of time and space.

Organisation! Different drives for different things.

OS, Programs, Movies, Music, etc. I'd rather open up My Computer and see some nice little bar graphs telling me how much space each of these things is using up than having to right click a folder and look.

Fredescu said:
I owe you a beer. Just have to go through and find my installers for the more technical programs I don't want to copy across.

Also I would love a Google+ invite once people are allowed to again!

speedpop said:
Is there anyone here who is a massive Baldur's Gate 2 fanatic, and doesn't own the physical copy?
Me. I have been known to fondle my bro-in-laws boxed set though. Feel SO good. Wish we got boxes like that these days.

Salazar

Unf.

Football Manager 2011 refuses point blank to launch. Missing essential data my ass.

Off to football. Going to be fucking freezing.

kase23

speedpop said:
Is there anyone here who is a massive Baldur's Gate 2 fanatic, and does not own the physical copy?
Sort of, I lent my boxed copy that included that lovely 300page manual to a friend back in high school who moved away, since then id been using burnt copies which i then turned into a single DVD installation then later made into iso's and finally rebrought the collection off GOG, i still have the throne of bhaal box in my bookcase though.
As for being a fanatic, i've played BG2 in its entirety every year since 2000 , and since tutu came out been replaying BG1 and importing my character straight into BG2 + expansions :p

Any AusGAFfers who want an invite to Google+ could feel free to PM me or Gaz (or anyone else who now has it) with their Google account and I'm sure we will oblige when possible.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
kase23 said:
Sort of, I lent my boxed copy that included that lovely 300page manual to a friend back in high school who moved away, since then id been using burnt copies which i then turned into a single DVD installation then later made into iso's and finally rebrought the collection off GOG, i still have the throne of bhaal box in my bookcase though.
As for being a fanatic, i've played BG2 in its entirety every year since 2000 , and since tutu came out been replaying BG1 and importing my character straight into BG2 + expansions :p
I don't have the CDs/jewel case & the box anymore because they were in real rough quality so I threw them out, but I have the massive manual as well as the cloth map that it came with. Map is in excellent condition and the manual only has a few scruffs and marks on the cover itself.

Send me a PM with your name & address and I'll send them via post for free within the week. It's better for someone country-local who enjoys playing through BG2 to receive them than for me to hold onto them for no reason whatsoever. I was hoping for the items to head to someone who has the GoG collection, so yeah.

Axiom

The most rebellious thing I did today was talk about wanting Google+ on my Facebook status. Take that Zuckerberg

Pre-ordered Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon today, I chose this over L.A. Noire...if I buy Fruit Ninja Kinect it still counts as supporting the local industry right?

kase23

speedpop said:
I don't have the CDs/jewel case & the box anymore because they were in real rough quality so I threw them out, but I have the massive manual as well as the cloth map that it came with. Map is in excellent condition and the manual only has a few scruffs and marks on the cover itself.

Send me a PM with your name & address and I'll send them via post for free within the week. It's better for someone country-local who enjoys playing through BG2 to receive them than for me to hold onto them for no reason whatsoever. I was hoping for the items to head to someone who has the GoG collection, so yeah.
Aww man thats awesome of you, but id feel pretty bad just taking them off you for nothing, go pick something off GOG and ill gift it to you in trade? :)

Sorry Google+ chaps, just tried and got 'Sending email invitations will be enabled soon!'. I'm sure more will be available tomorrow -- the number of invites seems unlimited but the servers were melting so they disabled them for now...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So how do I get Netflix on my ATV with unblock-us.com, do I need a US iTunes account then?

Fogz

Legend, Legend! Just got Netflix going on the PS3.

Not 40 minutes later I get a call from my credit card fraud department. Good to know they are looking after me :)

legend166

Fogz said:
Legend, Legend! Just got Netflix going on the PS3.

Not 40 minutes later I get a call from my credit card fraud department. Good to know they are looking after me :)

Hah! I had the exact same thing. "Have you used Netflix in the in the last 24 hours?"

I'm currently streaming some of the later Stargate Universe episodes I didn't watch. Seems like it just goes HD by itself. Mine said Quality: "Medium/HD". I assume that's 720p?

Fogz

legend166 said:
Hah! I had the exact same thing. "Have you used Netflix in the in the last 24 hours?"

I'm currently streaming some of the later Stargate Universe episodes I didn't watch.

I'm watching Toy Story 3. Somehow I've managed to not see it so far.

Fogz said:
I'm watching Toy Story 3. Somehow I've managed to not see it so far.
I only saw it last weekend. It's great. I remember people saying it was nearly best picture good when it game out. I didn't think it was all that, but it definitely lived up to 1 and 2

So AusGAF, I managed to get the Uncharted 3 beta but I have a problem, I can't seem to find anyone local to play with!!!

So if any of you would add me (PSN: Zephyr_Ex) I'd be real grateful!

See you on the battlefield.

Salazar

Elbowed in the ribs at football. Can't lie down without stabbing pain.

So angry.

Now a Gamersgate+Steam fan.

Edit: Do Gamersgate downloads store your progress like Steam does ?

markot

Banned
Salazar said:
Elbowed in the ribs at football. Can't lie down without stabbing pain.

So angry.

Now a Gamersgate+Steam fan.

Edit: Do Gamersgate downloads store your progress like Steam does ?
Whatcha mean? If you stop a download you can resume it. (Im pretty sure >.<)(If thats what ya mean)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Salesssssss

So what's everyone picking up for today?

I might grab TDU2 as it's only $10. Still on the fence about borderlands and bit.trip since it's $2.50 apart from that nothing is really interesting.

Shaneus

Retribution is only $15 but as you'd expect, not in Australia. I would've already jumped in on the THQ pack as there's some amazing value, but I already own most of the stuff in there :/

Apparently Witcher 2 is only $15 in Russia so I've asked for that in the gifting thread. Why not, eh?

Shaneus said:
Retribution is only $15 but as you'd expect, not in Australia. I would've already jumped in on the THQ pack as there's some amazing value, but I already own most of the stuff in there :/

Apparently Witcher 2 is only $15 in Russia so I've asked for that in the gifting thread. Why not, eh?

Someone was saying that you can't PayPal to Russia though?

There must be a sly way to create a Russian account and Gift it to yourself though, right?

God damn you Steam. Making challenges so I have to buy games I don't want and spend hours grinding out achievements leading to my family leaving me because of my addiction.

Sooooo is Lead & Gold any good? :(

Also I feel like I am the only one who doesn't really care for Lord of the Rings. It was okay. The big battle was awesome. I wasn't bored or anything just kinda eh.

Loved Nintendo's response to Operation Rainfall. Hope and then burn. Nice touch that Nintendo are currently pimping a hidden-object Wii game on their twitter too.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
God damn you Steam. Making challenges so I have to buy games I don't want and spend hours grinding out achievements leading to my family leaving me because of my addiction.

Sooooo is Lead & Gold any good? :(

Haha... I figure I will probably own ~50% of the games they want you to grind out achievements on... so thats a start right?!

My OCD nature will result in me trying to get the other ones most likely.

*shakes fist at golden potato*

Edit: Steam/Valve do at least usually offer 1 simple achievement to get each day of their sales that don't require a game purcahse... so people should get a couple freebie things just by checking that out each day.

Seems I inherited $50 at the right time! :D

They really should make the store mobile friendly.

Todays deals aren't great except for bit.trip runner for $2.50 and Oblivion for $8ish. I hope bfbc2 goes on sale.

Jamestown for $6.70!

Beat Hazard for $2.50

AusGAFfers, I've sent some Google+ invites using a method which apparently gets around the disabled invites. If you've sent me a request, I've attempted to invite you. If you got it, great, if not, I guess we'll all have to wait a bit longer.

codswallop said:
AusGAFfers, I've sent some Google+ invites using a method which apparently gets around the disabled invites. If you've sent me a request, I've attempted to invite you. If you got it, great, if not, I guess we'll all have to wait a bit longer.
You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you dear sir.

Gazunta

I've no idea how to do the Google Plus trick, so anyone that's sent me an request and hasn't gotten it...hassle Cods? :)

Damn, BTTF is totally worth $12. Bought with righteous fury.

Omikron

codswallop said:

I have a couple people after invites, mind sharing how? :D

Shaneus

Sutton Dagger said:
Someone was saying that you can't PayPal to Russia though?

There must be a sly way to create a Russian account and Gift it to yourself though, right?
Doubt it... you should be able to gift anywhere in Russia. If not, I'm pretty sure you can gift money via the Steam wallet... I think.

Either way, $15 is a steal. I've decided to pass on Retribution (when I still have the DoW2 and CR still completely unplayed, it's pretty pointless*) and if I don't get W2 I won't care because of my backlog, but it'd be nice.

Top Bottom