• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

kase23

Reccetear is on sale for 5 bucks now on steam,
if you've brought a PC in the last 7 years you can run it
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400/
no excuses now not to own this cool little gem
VOOK said:
Guess I should just go back to copy and pasting press releases, lest risk pissing someone off with my new stories then ey?
whats the worse they can do, put up your photo up at this years eb expo and refuse you entry?

Kerrby

Banned
I've gathered a list of sales for the console. if anyone finds anything cheaper please let me know.

Big W: $298 with either Rayman 3D or Super Monkey Ball 3D.
Target: $299 with either Giant Dinosaurs or Rabbids 3D.
K-Mart: $328 with accessories pack and Rabbids 3D or Spongebob Squigglepants.
Game: $328
Harvey Norman: $337
Dick Smith: $339 with either Asphalt 3D or Rayman 3D or Rabbids 3D or Shadow Wars.
JB Hi Fi: $339 with accessories pack.
EB Games: $348 with either Shadow Wars or Rayman 3D.
Toys R Us: $349 with accessories pack and Rayman 3D or Rabbids 3D or Shadow Wars.
Myer: $349 with case and Cars 2 (DS version).

Basically the best option would be Target and getting Rabbids 3D.

VOOK said:
Guess I should just go back to copy and pasting press releases, lest risk pissing someone off with my new stories then ey?

No! Don't give up Vooks! I believe in yoooooouuuuuu.

elfinke

The Wii Wipeout QL was good fun, but oh god this Kinect one has delivered. Trying to throw down lunch down quickly in between, you know, GAF and actual work while watching this is hard, er, work.

Yeah, it's a pretty slow Friday. In fact, it's been a slow ass week.

markot

Banned
Kerrby said:
I've gathered a list of sales for the console. if anyone finds anything cheaper please let me know.

Big W: $298 with either Rayman 3D or Super Monkey Ball 3D.
Target: $299 with either Giant Dinosaurs or Rabbids 3D.
K-Mart: $328 with accessories pack and Rabbids 3D or Spongebob Squigglepants.
Game: $328
Harvey Norman: $337
Dick Smith: $339 with either Asphalt 3D or Rayman 3D or Rabbids 3D or Shadow Wars.
JB Hi Fi: $339 with accessories pack.
EB Games: $348 with either Shadow Wars or Rayman 3D.
Toys R Us: $349 with accessories pack and Rayman 3D or Rabbids 3D or Shadow Wars.
Myer: $349 with case and Cars 2 (DS version).

Basically the best option would be Target and getting Rabbids 3D.

No! Don't give up Vooks! I believe in yoooooouuuuuu.
Except Rabbids is rubbish isnt it >.>?

Id get DSE with shadow wars.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
kase23 said:
Aww man thats awesome of you, but id feel pretty bad just taking them off you for nothing, go pick something off GOG and ill gift it to you in trade? :)
I've already got most of everything from GoG that I want. Trust me, it's fine. Send the PM~

Kerrby

Banned
markot said:
Except Rabbids is rubbish isnt it >.>?

Id get DSE with shadow wars.

I thought it looked alright haha. Have heard nothing good about Monkey Ball and Rayman on the 3DS.

DSE is $40 extra, may as well just get either Rabbids, Rayman or Monkey Ball and pay $40 to get Shadow Wars. That way you would get an extra game for the same price as the DSE bundle.

VOOK said:
Fuck that. If they threaten to pull anything from you make the knowledge public and plenty of people (myself included) will chip in so you can cover as much as possible. Would suck to lose special media access to certain stuff though.

kase23 said:
whats the worse they can do, put up your photo up at this years eb expo and refuse you entry?
But then who would cover any of the Nintendo stuff at the expo? /trollface

Gazunta said:
If you start a Presidog fan site I promise to give you hot exclusives
Until he starts running news items about how Chairmacat is cuter and more intellectual than Presidog and you threaten to pull support?

Kerrby said:
Rayman was a fantastic game, no idea if the port hold up though. Would probably take that over Rabbids.

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
There's plenty of folks that do that out there. Might as well find your own niche by writing something worth reading!

which is somethign both vook and mark are doing

Vook, to be a journalist you need to have balls. You need to say fuck the corporates, i'm here for the readers

you need to post things without fear or favour (EXCEPT slanderous articles)

if you can backup your investigations with facts, you do it. If it stops activision sending you shit, so be it.

then you do what Kotaku US did. Write a post about it and have the community get up in arms, post all over gaf and eventually activision will relent

It's not your job to pander to the publishers. It's your job to report the truth. Don't be like the IGNs of the world.

Because like Mark said there is already enough fucking tools pandering to the publishres already. Your niche can be, i report the truth and hold publishers to account.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sorry guys, just got a bit down when I got a couple negative emails from people (not any of the publishers involved or local publishers at all!). Not going to stop what I'm doing for anyone, let alone EB Games.

I'd never do anything to deliberately piss off people, just report the facts.

I love doing what I'm doing and the way I'm doing it. :p

Anyway!

If you guys are ever in doubt about a 3DS game, we've reviewed 99% of them.

Just not giving one a 99% review....yet ;)

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
Sorry guys, just got a bit down when I got a couple negative emails from people. Not going to stop what I'm doing for anyone, let alone EB Games.

Anyway!

paste some quote from emails ? :)

VOOK said:
Surprised you didn't get an angry email saying, "Ocharihna of time is the BEST GAME EVER! you should be ashed of yourself for that score!"

Although you haven't got a OoT review up. Well that is that joke ruined. Nice work Vook.

Kerrby

Banned
VOOK said:
Sorry guys, just got a bit down when I got a couple negative emails from people (not any of the publishers involved or local publishers at all!). Not going to stop what I'm doing for anyone, let alone EB Games.

Was it that you we're a bit scared to have it on your website or have the articles published under your name?

VOOK

Yes, because of all the fancy news writing I've been doing the review has been delayed. I'm going over the final draft at lunch. Hopefully up tonight.

I tell you, it's the hardest review I've ever had to write.

Kerrby said:
Was it that you we're a bit scared to have it on your website or have the articles published under your name?

I've had my name on my articles for years, so I dunno that doesn't worry me.

Fogz

reptilescorpio said:
Rayman was a fantastic game, no idea if the port hold up though. Would probably take that over Rabbids.

I really liked Rayman 3D. But then I had never played Rayman 2 before.

kase23

reptilescorpio said:
But then who would cover any of the Nintendo stuff at the expo? /trollface
His almost identical sans big bushy mustache non union hispantic equivalent, Señor Voüks.

Fusebox

Banned
reptilescorpio said:

Rayman 3DS didn't work too well imo, the scenery kept breaking the 3D effect for me. Ghost Recon was awesome compared to Rayman and Rabbids, definitely my favourite launch title by far.

VOOK

Man if they put my photo up at the EB Expo that would be hilarious. Considering I've paid for my tickets already.

But yeah, I don't imagine much other Nintendo coverage coming from there.

There's not much Nintendo coverage in Australia period.

steam sale doesn't yet anything I either want or or don't already have. so far.

About the only game I haven't played but might want to (that has a PC version) is Fable III and I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about missing that completely (I liked 1 and 2 though)

I'd like to say BTTF but i would never play it.

VOOK

Gazunta said:
Vooks when are you going multiplatform :)

When I can clone myself 3 times so each of me could do as much work on each system as I do on Nintendo.

;)

VOOK said:

Anyway!

It can rattle you the first few times, but you get used to it.
I work for a small newspaper and the first few times people get up you about a controversial story it can make you rethink things. But it shouldn't. As long as you're standing by your evidence and your convictions, you're doing the right thing.

It's hard to say without sounding like a d bag, but if you're pissing someone off, you've probably hit at something. Especially if you're getting irrational responses to it.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
Man if they put my photo up at the EB Expo that would be hilarious. Considering I've paid for my tickets already.

But yeah, I don't imagine much other Nintendo coverage coming from there.

There's not much Nintendo coverage in Australia period.

lol

and the story out of that would be far worse for them than letting you in...

MrSerrels

FallbackPants said:
It can rattle you the first few times, but you get used to it.
I work for a small newspaper and the first few times people get up you about a controversial story it can make you rethink things. But it shouldn't. As long as you're standing by your evidence and your convictions, you're doing the right thing.

It's hard to say without sounding like a d bag, but if you're pissing someone off, you've probably hit at something. Especially if you're getting irrational responses to it.

With the Bungie story - I'll be totally honest - that kept me up at night. It just felt like I was being called a liar by everyone, including people I respected and thought respected me.

I think the best thing to take from it is to not take these things too seriously. It's not life. It's just video games. And another story will come along to piss people off and folks quickly forget.

Deeku

Jintor said:
Buy it now and set it up when you feel like it.
Good idea, but now I'll probably mess with bootcamp on the weekend lol

Also bought the Bit Trip games.

Couple o' bucks well spent!

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
With the Bungie story - I'll be totally honest - that kept me up at night. It just felt like I was being called a liar by everyone, including people I respected and thought respected me.

I think the best thing to take from it is to not take these things too seriously. It's not life. It's just video games. And another story will come along to piss people off and folks quickly forget.

it looks like its going to turn out true as well serrels. I've heard Destiny a lot recently

MrSerrels

Choc said:
it looks like its going to turn out true as well serrels. I've heard Destiny a lot recently

I knew it was true the minute the guy showed me docs to verify himself, and from the reaction of the Activision rep when I called to ask them about it!

That trademark trail on HBO pretty much confirmed it.

MrSerrels said:
I knew it was true the minute the guy showed me docs to verify himself, and from the reaction of the Activision rep when I called to ask them about it!

That trademark trail on HBO pretty much confirmed it.

Wait, what was the Bungie story? That their next game was going to be called Destiny?

Jintor said:
Heh

That advice will come back to haunt me if I ever move into srs journalism :<

It doesn't happen very often. Although, I seem to be writing more about morning teas than hard hitting stories so that could explain why not.

What I get more often is passive aggressive phone calls from PR people. I don't feel bad about ignoring them though.

Omikron

jambo said:
I would put money on him getting worse frames than a single 4870x2 :lol

Never mind the actual power usage.... :p

BTW Choc:

steamgames.png

Want anything to tempt you to the dark side? :p

All available apart from Terraria which is for a mate.

ClivePwned said:
About the only game I haven't played but might want to (that has a PC version) is Fable III and I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about missing that completely (I liked 1 and 2 though)
Skip Fable 3. So so shit.

HOLD A FOR 15 SECONDS TO CONFIRM

Edit: Opposing Force is the best game Gearbox every made.

MrSerrels

Jintor said:
One day I'll get to the position where people call me directly to bitch instead of my editor!

You should be safe - the person who was most notorious for it is no longer around.

I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!

Rahk

Omi said:
I already have it ready to go!

*shakes fist at golden potato*
I uninstalled it after obtaining golden potato hoping to never play it again.

*shakes fist at achievements*

Omikron

Rahk said:
I uninstalled it after obtaining golden potato hoping to never play it again.

*shakes fist at achievements*

I knew there was a reason for epic amounts of disk space!

Never uninstall anything!

Shaneus said:
Cccccombo breaker!

Thinking about buying this. Anyone have any experience with them? A teensy MP3 player with FM that supports microSD might just be what I need for walking/the gym/lunchtimes.
I recommend buying an old iPod shuffle. I've had one of every generation and I love em. Can barely tell they are there. Should be able to find a second hand one for around $50.

Also Time Gentlemen, Please! is $1 again. WHO WANTS A FRIGGIN COPY? Let me know Steam ID so I can friend you.

Top Bottom