• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I recommend buying an old iPod shuffle. I've had one of every generation and I love em. Can barely tell they are there. Should be able to find a second hand one for around $50.
I was just gonna grab it 'cause it's there. And it supports direct drag-and-drop as it's a vanilla storage device (according to Windows), plays FLAC, OGG and all yer other wanky audio formats too.

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
I recommend buying an old iPod shuffle. I've had one of every generation and I love em. Can barely tell they are there. Should be able to find a second hand one for around $50.

Also Time Gentlemen, Please! is $1 again. WHO WANTS A FRIGGIN COPY? Let me know Steam ID so I can friend you.

Does it matter how many games we already have on Steam :p?

Think of our poor brethren in the US who wont get Xenoblade or The Last Story
giga_girl_42___sketch_by_studiozel-d3klgci.jpg

So the Steam Sale thread is moving ridiculously fast, and at work I can't really check for the best sales etc.

Whats AusGAF's opinion, any worthwhile deals to pick up?

Fredescu

DualShadow said:
I got DoW2: Retribution gifted from the US for $15, and I'm going to grab Bit.Trip Runner and the Borderlands DLC pack when I get home. Recettear is good if you don't have that.

DualShadow said:
So the Steam Sale thread is moving ridiculously fast, and at work I can't really check for the best sales etc.

Ben There, Dan That + Time Gentlemen, Please! for $1.25
Bit Trip Beat/Runner for $2.50
Lead & Gold for $1.50 (for AusGAF game night?)

Shaneus

DualShadow said:

If you're not looking at begging for gifts, there are a few... mostly indie games like Bit.Trip Runner. TBH you're not really missing much today... Oblivion is cheap, though. TDU2 is as well, but it's very much a love-it-or-hate-it game. Incredibly unpolished but definitely not without it's charm.

Definitely drawing a hard line on shit I either will or won't play for this Steam sale. Little-to-no RPGs (at least, until I knock over Torchlight and Dragon Age Origins/Awakening) or FPS games as I always intend to play but never do. I'd probably never put the time into Witcher 2 it deserves so I'm glad it's not ultra cheap like in Russia. Racing games are pretty much a lock though, so I'm hoping for something on Race 07, Shift 2 (I guess) and whatever else there may be.

Indie games that are easy/short I'll also nab too as they're pretty easy on the ol' Paypal.

Oh shit, I should also have Sonic Colours for the DS waiting for me when I get home! Now, if only I knew where my DS Lite was...

Fredescu said:
I got DoW2: Retribution gifted from the US for $15, and I'm going to grab Bit.Trip Runner and the Borderlands DLC pack when I get home. Recettear is good if you don't have that.
I was going to, but then I realised I haven't even *started* DoW2 or Chaos Rising.

While I'm here, everyone needs to get onto Trenched, regardless of Steam sales and whatnot. It's a ridiculous amount of fun and has buttloads of charm to boot.

Fredescu

reptilescorpio said:
Lead & Gold for $1.50 (for AusGAF game night?)
It's hard to recommend this when there's like one Australian server run by some dude. It's good if you can get a bunch of people playing together and someone hosting, but getting AusGAF to play video games is difficult at the best of times.

Fredescu said:
It's hard to recommend this when there's like one Australian server run by some dude. It's good if you can get a bunch of people playing together and someone hosting, but getting AusGAF to play video games is difficult at the best of times.
A few of us in SteamChat were keen. Then we realised we would have to install the game. Damn overloaded servers.

Frawdder

Steam Sale Tickets!!

I'm putting this out there that if anyone wants to get the ticket for Lead & Gold, please join us in Steam chat as some of us are planning to create a server and headshot each other for the ticket. Still waiting for some to download the game, but we should be good to go in about 2 hours from the time of this post. And I'm sure that we'd be willing to help any latecomers, so don't despair if you're not on until later in the night.

Ydahs

Loving the simplicity of Google+. The concept of Circles and only sharing messages to particular groups of people is something that makes it more usable than Facebook for me.

Only issue is I doubt many of my friends will migrate to it from Facebook.

Ydahs said:
Only issue is I doubt many of my friends will migrate to it from Facebook.
Yeah, Google+ seems pretty sweet, but there's no compelling reason for the majority to switch yet. And a lot of people I know actually play Facebook games, so to them it'd be a lesser service.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
codswallop said:
Dammit, Netflix and PayPal!

Well it was fun while it lasted. Not that it ever got started.

I used my credit card just fine, infact my bank rang me and asked me about it lol. They never do that and I buy a ton of crap.

Anyone using unblock-us.com tried Pandora yet? I can't get it to work - comes up with a 'Unable to get genre stations checksum'.

Shaneus

Hey AusDudes, CBF linking, but the Gamersgate UK store has Civ 5 (registerable on Steam!) for just under 7 pound. I think it works out to be $10.45 when converted in Paypal. Next 20 hours only! It's possible they may run out of codes too (I guess... at that price).

Do eet.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For those in the google+ ausgaf circle, Are you all using your real names or are you using a fake one, your user name?

Shaneus

I'm using my real one. I'm in Gaz's circle, my first name is Shane. You should be able to add me from there (if you really want).

remz

Using my real name, had a couple random's I presume are from GAF comment on my stuff but I'm not too fussed about that tbh. (you know, like privacy wise) :)

there's an AusGAF circle? :eek:

Shaneus

So, AusGAF. Do I buy Oblivion? Keep in mind that I never got into it on 360 or Morrowind on the original Xbox. Also, Fallout 3 doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Salazar

Shaneus said:
So, AusGAF. Do I buy Oblivion? Keep in mind that I never got into it on 360 or Morrowind on the original Xbox. Also, Fallout 3 doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

The only reason I'm resisting is that the modding process sounds complicated*

*To me. Which doesn't mean much.

evlcookie said:
For those in the google+ ausgaf circle, Are you all using your real names or are you using a fake one, your user name?
Using my real details. Happy to add anyone from AusGAF (just PM if you want one -- no promises of turnaround during the weekend ;) or invite anyone still needing one.

Shaneus

Sweet... done! Today's bill... $13.50. $2.50 for Bit.Trip Runner and $11 for Civ 5 on Gamersgate (so technically, it wasn't from the Steam sale).

Deeku

Another reason to hate Sydney Buses:

2whfblj.jpg

ipw2tf.jpg

5kkldg.jpg

2mhy0yg.jpg

Car is only a few months old too:(((

Only consolation was that all the people had to get off the bus. But they just stood around and laughed at my loss:(

Top Bottom