• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

FallbackPants said:
Anyone watching the Super Rugby semi? Reds are on fire offensively, not so much on defense, but it's making it an exciting game
I'm sure I'm wrong but that sounds like some Speedball shit right there. Would totally watch Rugby if it involved more spikes and fatalities. I'm from Victoria so I have no idea what you guys do up there.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I'm sure I'm wrong but that sounds like some Speedball shit right there. Would totally watch Rugby if it involved more spikes and fatalities. I'm from Victoria so I have no idea what you guys do up there.
Ice-cream! Ice-cream!

markot

Banned
Know whats weird?

LOTR uses its own language... etc... all that stuff. Yet it still uses regular dates >.> October... March...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Harvesting moons in Ratchet and Clank is super-addictive. The Clank time puzzles seem like they have a lot of potential.

The story means nothing to me, unfortunately. I'm just skipping it.

Funny, ozgameshop sent this and Shadows of the Damned out at the same time and I only got one yesterday. I mean, they were separate orders but they were dispatched back-to-back.

Rez said:
Funny, ozgameshop sent this and Shadows of the Damned out at the same time and I only got one yesterday. I mean, they were separate orders but they were dispatched back-to-back.
Good man. I like you. You have good taste.

Jintor

Well, Tolkein was a linguistics professor. Odd that he'd overlook the Earth-derived names of months though. I guess you could theorise that it's just an automatic translation convention of Middle-Earth dates into... Earth-dates.

Salazar

Jintor said:
Well, Tolkein was a linguistics professor.

Philology. It comprehends linguistics, but he was in equal measure involved in the study of literature and history. At a time, too, when disciplines in Oxford were starting to get a bit less territorial and partisan. It helped that they built Old English (his speciality) into the literary syllabus - that more or less created ideal institutional conditions for Tolkien's intellect.

He was reputedly a crap lecturer and a difficult supervisor, though.

FallbackPants said:
Anyone watching the Super Rugby semi? Reds are on fire offensively, not so much on defense, but it's making it an exciting game

Reds won :) Now to try and get tickets to the final, don't like my chances though :(

Rezbit

RandomVince said:
Im just posting in here to say Go Essendon!!!

I was at the game, what a cracker! Had great seats in the Essendon members about 4 rows in. It pays to know people sometimes!

But my team got beaten by Adelaide :mad: Glad I didn't have to watch it.

I went into the steam sale thread and got super excited about shogun 2 being $30....

only its not...

:'(

I thought games were supposed to be cheaper on steam.

Rahk

Regional pricing.

You'll need to get someone from the US to gift it to you if you want it for $30.

You only have 2 hours left though.

Aon

Yeah, Total War games are a terrible deal in Australia. You have to get a yank or brit to gift it to you. I got Azentium, who is a hero, to gift me the Total War pack back when it was way cheap.

:( *sigh* maybe I'll just wait till next year. The price will have gone down by then I'm sure...

Also, WHAT.

549j5h.png

kase23

shanshan310 said:
I went into the steam sale thread and got super excited about shogun 2 being $30....

only its not...

:'(

shanshan if you want shogun 2 cheap buy it off greenmangaming.com
use the weekend 20% off coupon thats on the front page and it should cost you 33.56 USD / 31.1520 AUD,
register the key on steam and wait in the congested download ques for the next 3 days :p

shanshan310 said:
It was around $35 from OzGameShop since launch. PC retail in the UK is stupid cheap. Currently $37 on Zavvi.

kase23 said:
use the weekend 20% off coupon thats on the front page and it should cost you 33.56 USD / 31.1520 AUD,
register the key on steam and wait in the congested download ques for the next 3 days :p
Seems like greenman have a heap of deals. Might have to look at jumping on board. DE3 is very tempting.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Seems like greenman have a heap of deals. Might have to look at jumping on board. DE3 is very tempting.
Watch Gamersgate as well, they're doing some amazing deals too. Civ 5 $11 yesterday, today it's NBA2k11 for $7.

Shaneus said:
Watch Gamersgate as well, they're doing some amazing deals too. Civ 5 $11 yesterday, today it's NBA2k11 for $7.
Yup picked up Civ 5 at the last minute. :)
Looking forward to it eventually downloading. GG has the occasional bargain, same with D2D. They have gotten really competitive with Steam on price lately. So much for Origin with their GeoIP locking.

reptilescorpio said:

Yeah, it's a pretty dumb name for the comp. I guess they wanted something that would resonate across all three countries.

Reds won though, could be the first Aussie team to win since 04. And most of them are younger than 24, unless Cooper goes to league, they could be a force for a decade.

All this talk of Civ V is making me want to play it again. Loves me some Civ

Shaneus

I started playing Civ Rev on my iPhone the other day... never *really* knew WTF I was supposed to be doing for the 30 mins I gave it a crack, but I think I started to get the hang of it towards the end.

Deeku

Recettear is sooo much fun!

And it runs well in my windows vm so I didn't have to find my windows discs and mess with bootcamp.

My thinking with EA games is:

I will get Battlefield 3 on PC, Day 1 for $80. I will probably buy it from an actual physical store locally if I'm paying that price.

I can't wait 2 weeks for a UK import since:
1- I will miss out on all of the instantaneous bitching about every single little issue, perceived imbalance, etc
2- Games like that are great when its new for everyone and people haven't found all the 'spoilts, camping spots, etc.
3- two week gap between BF3 and MW3 and chances are I will enjoy the MP for MW3 more.
I loved BC and BC2's Rush mode far more than conquest and I don't get a sense BF3 will bother much with Rush

Mass Effect 3 will be a console game for me anyway so will probably get on 360 locally.

I don't mind paying $80-100 if the game is good and I get a decent amount of playtime out of it.

I don't see the point of paying the same price on Steam or Origin as it costs to buy in the store. I can pop to the shops and back and have the thing installed in the time it takes to DL.

Shaneus said:
What the fuck, AusGAF? Is there some secret society you're all a part of that I wasn't invited to?

No-Shaneus'?

Haha.

I've found out a pub near me does $3 steaks on sundays, along with free pool, $3 drinks and had the UFC being showed live on every second tv (they had atleast 30 plasmas around the place).

bodyboarder said:
I've found out a pub near me does $3 steaks on sundays, along with free pool, $3 drinks and had the UFC being showed live on every second tv (they had atleast 30 plasmas around the place).

Dayum that's good.

hamchan

kase23 said:
You can do the same thing for Deus Ex 3 I think and prepurchase it for $36. Good way to avoid the steam tax.

kase23 said:

aww, thanks you guys. AusGAF always seems to know where to get a game cheaper...

Shaneus said:
What the fuck, AusGAF? Is there some secret society you're all a part of that I wasn't invited to?
SteamChat fool. Also helps that it is Sales time so everyone is playing games to win tickets for stuff they don't want.

Salazar said:
Sudden download speed surge.
Not for me. Working on Civ 5 now that Garshasp is all set to go. Shit has taken all day. :(

Vek

So where do I have to send my money to join the AusGaf steam group? I've just started buying some games on steam, and the state of my friends list makes me a very sad panda :(

Steam ID: reptilianspacepope

Salazar

Vek said:
Steam ID: reptilianspacepope

Just added you to my list. Sensational avatar.

I can't remember how I joined AusGaf Steam. Don't you just go to Community and search for AusGAF, then hit join ?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
More disgusting Tiffany lovers.

Ban them. Ban them all I say.

Vek

Thanks for the add Salazar! Yeah, I tried searching for the AusGaf group but it says that it is invite only :\

And hey, the fact that he knows her name just means he's on the way to becoming a fan.
ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

trinest

Salazar said:
Just added you to my list. Sensational avatar.

I can't remember how I joined AusGaf Steam. Don't you just go to Community and search for AusGAF, then hit join ?
You pm the Cookie Monster guy. Whats his name. I think hes an admin of it.

Grassy

Shaneus said:
Ugh, just saw that my brother was playing Fable 3 on Steam. I wish he would consult with me on buying shit :(

I loved Fable 2 but just never got around to buying number 3 even though I had planned on doing so at some point. That was until this morning when I came across this - Top 32 reasons Fable 3 Sucks!

Ok the guy is a bit over the top but it does seem like a letdown from Fable 2.

Top Bottom