• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Vek said:
Thanks for the add Salazar! Yeah, I tried searching for the AusGaf group but it says that it is invite only :\

And hey, the fact that he knows her name just means he's on the way to becoming a fan.
ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

I forget how... but I think I requested to join?

Fredescu

Vek said:
Thanks for the add Salazar! Yeah, I tried searching for the AusGaf group but it says that it is invite only :\
You can join the chatroom without an invite. Come hang out in there and someone will invite you to the group eventually.

Grassy said:
I loved Fable 2 but just never got around to buying number 3 even though I had planned on doing so at some point. That was until this morning when I came across this - Top 32 reasons Fable 3 Sucks!

Ok the guy is a bit over the top but it does seem like a letdown from Fable 2.
Never played Fable 2 or 3 but that video was reasonably funny, reason 32 made the whole thing though lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hyoyeon is better.

Fred, steam is running on the gal's pc, forgot to shut it down and she's using it right now. Tomorrow? Ga all I can hear is Dragonforce, kill me now.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sitting here judging you.

I'm trying to think of whether or not I have a dude equivalent, but no, I can't think of one, so I'll keep judging.

Gazunta

You fucking kids bringing knives to a gun fight.

297575-ricki-lee-coulter.jpg

Now shut the hell up and go back to talking about buying games you won't ever play.

Salazar

EatChildren said:
Hyoyeon is better.

Hyoyeon is awesome, true.

But better ? Mod status doesn't make you right.

Gazunta, Ricki Lee has the beginnings of tuckshop lady arms. Her boobs can't fix that, and her face has always been sub-par.

What the hell. I let my fiancée take the computer for the night to play Facebook games and come back to this? Where did AusGAF go? Well at least no one is talking about games.

Shaneus said:
Ugh, just saw that my brother was playing Fable 3 on Steam. I wish he would consult with me on buying shit :(
Make sure to reformat his hard drive and install a copy of The Witcher 2 for him before he starts talking about how Half Life 3 should be on rails and they do away with the silly science stuff in favour of big explosions. *shiver*

Salazar

Shattered Horizon and Blur join the list.

Titan Quest is not for me. It might be that I lack taste or aptitude or patience, bit it just isn't (lol) clicking.

Danoss

Gazunta said:
You fucking kids bringing knives to a gun fight.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/03/30/1225847/297575-ricki-lee-coulter.jpg[IMG]

Now shut the hell up and go back to talking about buying games you won't ever play.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://k.min.us/idDeYu.jpg

Karen Gillan says put that butter knife away.

Vek

shanshan310 said:
I forget how... but I think I requested to join?
Yeah, you just need someone/anyone from within the group to invite you into the group. Salazar was kind enough to do so for me.

So about those games one should buy but never play, anyone have some recommendations on the current crop of steam daily deals? I already bought into Magicka, Hoard, and Darksiders. BC2 for $5 has turned the 'add to cart' button into a mouse magnet, but I'm hesitant to buy since I was going to wait for BF3 to jump back into FPS gaming.

Rezbit

I was at a little bar in Fitzroy tonight, and the dudes toilet had manga as wallpaper and there were tits everywhere. Weird.

What's everyones Steam damage today?

Think I'm just going to get AC1 and 2? Tropico 3 is tempting for that price (don't really know what it is like, any impressions), as is Torchlight...

Already have Defence Grid, Torchlight, K&L2, Brotherhood and Tropico 3. Nothing is at an impulse buy pricepoint. Especially after all the $3 games I've bought the last 3 days that I won't play again. MIGHT grab Flight Control for $1 but not sure.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
Already have Defence Grid, Torchlight, K&L2, Brotherhood and Tropico 3. Nothing is at an impulse buy pricepoint. Especially after all the $3 games I've bought the last 3 days that I won't play again. MIGHT grab Flight Control for $1 but not sure.

$1.25!

Achievement/Ticket!

:p

Omi said:
$1.25!

Achievement/Ticket!

:p
After the last 3 days of scurrying around trying to obtain tickets the idea has lost its lustre. Especially since it is Monday, back to work day. By the time I get home at 5:30pm the last thing I will want is to try and get the ticket before I go to bed and the process starts all over again. Plus I already have 11. :)

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
After the last 3 days of scurrying around trying to obtain tickets the idea has lost its lustre. Especially since it is Monday, back to work day. By the time I get home at 5:30pm the last thing I will want is to try and get the ticket before I go to bed and the process starts all over again. Plus I already have 11. :)

Haha same... I think trying to get the Super Meat Boy one broke my back.

Fucking dark world.

Shaneus

Sutton Dagger said:

Think I'm just going to get AC1 and 2? Tropico 3 is tempting for that price (don't really know what it is like, any impressions), as is Torchlight...
$2.50.

Note to other SteamAusGAFfers: Transformers War For Cybertron is on sale for $7 today but for reasons unknown it's COMPLETELY unavailable on the Australian Steam store... so, if you want it, ask in the gifting thread.

That's about the only game that's come close to interesting me that's had a daily sale.

maladroid

Sutton Dagger said:

Don't usually post in here, but I needed somewhere to vent.

AC: Brotherhood (Got AC2 just after exams and loved it. Been wanting to get this ever since I finished 2, but as a jobless uni student, couldn't stomach the full price.)
Dragon Age: Origins (I've seen people mention it's ~$10, but it was 17 for me. Dunno how Steam really works, but've been meaning to check it out.)
Torchlight (2.99, so why not?)

I got Bad Company 2 yesterday, as well, so my funds (or lack thereof) is kinda hurting. :\

Shaneus

shiwasu said:
Don't usually post in here, but I needed somewhere to vent.

AC: Brotherhood (Got AC2 just after exams and loved it. Been wanting to get this ever since I finished 2, but as a jobless uni student, couldn't stomach the full price.)
Dragon Age: Origins (I've seen people mention it's ~$10, but it was 17 for me. Dunno how Steam really works, but've been meaning to check it out.)
Torchlight (2.99, so why not?)

I got Bad Company 2 yesterday, as well, so my funds (or lack thereof) is kinda hurting. :\
Steam gifting thread. You can check the US prices (and availability, in the case of Transformers) at http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us and if there's something you like, just ask nicely in the gifting thread. As long as you have Paypal and are generous to sling a few extra dollars to whoever's doing you the favour, you'll live a long and prosperous life :)

maladroid

Thanks Shaneus. I've always found PayPal a bit stingy with their rates, so I didn't think it was worth the trouble this time around. If the price discrepancy gets any larger on something that catches my eye, I'll definitely look into the thread. :) Coming from the App Store, I've actually been pleasantly surprised at the parity between the two stores on most items, hehe.

Shaneus

Yeah, we've been pretty good, but now that Paypal is converting past parity, it's a drop in the ocean IMO. People who aim for gifting to save a buck or two kinda shit me. But when it's a ~$5 saving on a game that costs $10 on the US store, that's when I can understand why.

maladroid

I see your point (probably could've gotten an extra game going through the gifting thread. ^^'). Got a bit burned by an international transaction a couple of months ago through PayPal, so I've been a bit hesitant to use it (been using my debit card for Steam transactions and I've been pretty happy with how close their rate is to the actual rate, comparatively).

Shaneus

Was that through here? I've had nothing but good luck with the people I've dealt with. It's usually the same 5-10 who do the buying so just keep your eyes out for them and you should be apples :)

Salazar said:
Hyoyeon is awesome, true.

But better ? Mod status doesn't make you right.

Gazunta, Ricki Lee has the beginnings of tuckshop lady arms. Her boobs can't fix that, and her face has always been sub-par.

Well that's just patently incorrect. They can fix anything

Choc

Banned
this proves we are fucking too soft in Australia

http://www.news.com.au/national/mum...ter-egging-prank/story-e6frfkvr-1226086795933

charged with manslaughter? are you fucking kidding me

When i did legal studies the definition of murder was if there was a severe possibility that by the actions of the defendant that the victim would die, it was murder

if you stab someone in the street, i'd say you know, thats murder if the person dies. Murder is intent, you had intent when stabbing them. Whether you wanted them to die or not is moot at that point.

fucking ridiculous

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Yeah... hilarious, it was like the ref thought 'oh well, she didn't mean it, play on'

Embarrassing.

i've gotta say the ref had an okish explanation

The goalies shirt was very very close to the outfield plaeyrs and she got confused.

Problem is FIFA will drag her over hot coals for not making sure the shirt wasn't that close.

Choc

Banned
user_nat said:
She only held the ball for a few seconds, pretty easy to miss.

FOUR REFEREES MISSED IT

an AR can easily flag that, and the 4th official if they see it can even tell the referee

how the eff four missed it i will never know.

EDIT: FIVE REFEREES MISSED IT

i forgot that in international matches there is a back up AR as well.

Omikron

Choc said:
i've gotta say the ref had an okish explanation

The goalies shirt was very very close to the outfield plaeyrs and she got confused.

Problem is FIFA will drag her over hot coals for not making sure the shirt wasn't that close.

So she got it all wrong. Congratulations referee.

Meanwhile, the Aus side dominated most of the game. But had two aboslute shockers at the back to let the man for Guinea score.

Choc

Banned
to put it in context

I referee State league football. Semi-professional league, players get paid etc.

If i was under inspection and did that, not only would I be dropped to park football for 2 or 3 weeks I wouldn't even be given local Premier League.

It's a big mistake.

legend166

Choc said:
this proves we are fucking too soft in Australia

http://www.news.com.au/national/mum...ter-egging-prank/story-e6frfkvr-1226086795933

charged with manslaughter? are you fucking kidding me

When i did legal studies the definition of murder was if there was a severe possibility that by the actions of the defendant that the victim would die, it was murder

if you stab someone in the street, i'd say you know, thats murder if the person dies. Murder is intent, you had intent when stabbing them. Whether you wanted them to die or not is moot at that point.

fucking ridiculous

When I was a kid and we threw a water bomb at someone's house, if we saw any one coming we'd leg it as fast as we could and start crapping our pants. Stabbing them? Ugh. I can picture that exact group of kids, too. I guarantee one of them has a rats tail. GUARANTEE.

maladroid

Shaneus said:
Was that through here? I've had nothing but good luck with the people I've dealt with. It's usually the same 5-10 who do the buying so just keep your eyes out for them and you should be apples :)

Noo, I'm sure the people here are fine folk. I was sorting out accommodation for my trip to Tokyo, and I had to pay for it by a certain date. They made me pay through PayPal in Yen, so I was waiting for the rate to prop back up. I did, but to my surprise (it was my first and only sizable international transaction), PayPal's rate wasn't really close to the actual rate. I understand it's one of the ways they make their money, but considering they were already charging me a 2.5% transaction fee, it left a bitter taste in my mouth. I was naive to how it all worked (and still am), so I've been wary to use it. Maybe my debit card does something similar, but it's pretty negligible with the comparatively lower amounts I'm using it with.

Anybody know any good places I should hit up while I'm there, btw? ^^'

Top Bottom