• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

BanShunsaku said:
No, no you shouldn't.

Edit: I'll summarise the movie for you: 2 and a half hours of grey metal rolling around the screen and a few explosions.

Pretty much.
You watch transformers for the action movie that it is.
What annoyed me most is when people talked to me about it after the 2nd movie and were like "omg that storyline was so hard to follow there was so much going on"
I just had to take a deep breath, sigh and walk away.

On that note, and don't hate on me here because im asking out of interest.
About the only superman stuff ive seen is a few old movies and smallville.
Last night i sat down and watched a superman cartoon that a mate had on, i cant remember what it was called, but he goes into the sun at the end to turn it from blue back to yellow.

Anyhow, point being i like and am now familiar with smallville characters and my first question to my mate was "whos that with clark" his response being "lex luthor u fkn moron". So i am assuming i am just not knowledgeable on the old superman stuff because ive never watched the "original shows"

Just something that i noticed though is that so much crap happened in the last 45 minutes of the thing, i had no idea what was going on and it just seemed REALLY disjointed. it was like 5 mini stories all happened in 1 episode so when it all ended i was just thinking "wtf just happened?, oh superman is dead....whatever"(also watched mad max 1 on the weekend and this has not aged well....its so random and disjointed also i couldn't even watch it till the end)

EDIT: ./win post 10001

Shaneus said:
Bahaha, the responses are AMAZING.

This viewing should be memorable, though... if only because it's THREE-DEE EYEMAX! First time I've been to the Melbourne IMAX, too.
Shakycam battle in 3D? Hells no. I don't get motion sick but I reckon that could do it for me.

Jintor

Reading a 4 panel gag manga all day. Soooo goooood. I wish I owned a personal manga publication translation company, there's still a few good ones out there that haven't had their rights all bought up just yet

Came to the new page expecting all manner of banners and animated GIFs.

AusGAF, I am disappoint.

EDIT: No one else is, so I will.

Congrats AusGAF! Let's celebrate with one of my favourite GIFs.

IAnHu.gif

Kerrby

Banned
I remember really liking the first Transformers and how well received that one was. Didn't see the second though so I can't understand the sudden hate for it.

Was it really that bad compared to the first?

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is a clunky title but there is pretext.

Beneath the Planet of the Apes
Escape From The Planet of the Apes
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
Battle for the Planet of the Apes

So long as the new movie has nothing to do with the Wahlberg/ Burton atrocity, I'm in.

ClivePwned said:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes is a clunky title but there is pretext.

Beneath the Planet of the Apes
Escape From The Planet of the Apes
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
Battle for the Planet of the Apes

So long as the new movie has nothing to do with the Wahlberg/ Burton atrocity, I'm in.

Best part of Tim Burton's Apes was Estella Warren.

Kerrby said:
3DS getting lay-by'd at the moment. It should be law if you buy something on ebay that you should have to pay right away. My AFL Live game sold for $71 last night and I need that money to get my 3DS haha.

You get a good deal on a 3ds?

Omikron

Rezbit said:
Uhhh....how did he know he had the piercing on his dick? Did he whip it out?

Back story is... the dude got hit on his crotch...
Then he took a peek to see if he's ok down there... as in if his piercing is ok..

The ref found out... then ask him to come off the pitch so that the ref can have a look at his cock...

after he verified the piercing, decided that the guy need to be sent off on the basis of illegal piercings on the pitch...

Allegedly. Probably more likely that one of his mates on the sideline mouthed off to him asking if his piercing was alright and the ref heard.

jambo

I missed the 10,000th post because I spent all morning working on updating my banner

PoXfJ.jpg

4 hours solid work, totally worth it!

Shaneus

pieatorium said:
Everything I've heard seems to indicate that because of 3d there wont be any shaky cam.
Possibly because all the footage "borrowed" from The Island wasn't in shaky cam either?

Anyway, I'm going into it with pretty low hopes... of both the movie and the 3D experience. Avatar is the only thing I've seen and having to wear glasses over my glasses was a right cunt.

Oh, has anyone here seen Kung Fu Panda 2 yet? I'm thinking about borrowing someones kid as an excuse to go see it, my nephews are too young :(

Mistle said:
Any The Living End fans here? They've put a new song up for download, "Machine Gun". It's pretty groovy! In a heavy way.

http://www.facebook.com/thelivingend/posts/198819676833150

They suck so fucking much now. I don't wanna sound like that guy. But holy shit. White Noise was eh, but this new one looks to be the shittiest yet.

BanShunsaku said:
Came to the new page expecting all manner of banners and animated GIFs.

AusGAF, I am disappoint.

EDIT: No one else is, so I will.

Congrats AusGAF! Let's celebrate with one of my favourite GIFs.

IAnHu.gif

It's because we have mods now.

My shipment from ozgameshop just arrived :D

Playing Dungeon Siege 3 put me in the mood for more dungeon crawling clickety clickety, so I ordered Sacred 2 and the Ice and Blood expansion (PC).

Less than $25 total for both of them, and they both took less than 10 days to arrive.

Looking forward to playing it a bit tonight, I own Sacred 2 on the 360 but that port is a screen-tearing nightmare.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
AahahaAhahahaha.

Here is one for choc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MciOb4GtkvU

Omi, actually its interesting you bring this up. This was discussed in our referees forum and the outcome was basically if we ever, ever do that we will be kicked out of the federation and lose our accreditation.

he broke so many rules its not funny on that one.

You are only allowed to demand the removal of jewelery for that which a referee can see in the regular time of play, not when players are getting changed or injured.

FWIW the reason the referee knew he had the piercing was he was injured in the match apparently and had his leg or something treated and it became apparent.

I've heard of a referee being suspended for a season for making a joke to girls about piercings in nether regions. They take it very seriously the referee federations.

Omikron

Choc said:
Omi, actually its interesting you bring this up. This was discussed in our referees forum and the outcome was basically if we ever, ever do that we will be kicked out of the federation and lose our accreditation.

he broke so many rules its not funny on that one.

You are only allowed to demand the removal of jewelery for that which a referee can see in the regular time of play, not when players are getting changed or injured.

FWIW the reason the referee knew he had the piercing was he was injured in the match apparently and had his leg or something treated and it became apparent.

I've heard of a referee being suspended for a season for making a joke to girls about piercings in nether regions. They take it very seriously the referee federations.

To be fair to the ref, he didn't joke about. Just sent the bloke off.

What should he have done out of interest? Just warned him and made him take it out? Seems fair enough to me.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
To be fair to the ref, he didn't joke about. Just sent the bloke off.

What should he have done out of interest? Just warned him and made him take it out? Seems fair enough to me.

Let him play with it. It was not a danger to other players, only himself. Therefore its allowed.

I agree that is stupid, but thats the rules.

Salazar

Omi said:

I would have pretended I didn't see it.

Choc said:
It was not a danger to other players, only himself.

I imagine the consequences of the piercing catching on something would be absolutely excruciating.

Mistle

Megadrive said:
They suck so fucking much now. I don't wanna sound like that guy. But holy shit. White Noise was eh, but this new one looks to be the shittiest yet.
Whoa, that's harsh :O Eh, I still really like them.

Omikron

Choc said:
Let him play with it. It was not a danger to other players, only himself. Therefore its allowed.

I agree that is stupid, but thats the rules.

Heh fair enough. I play/played hockey with a body piercing (not cock :p) and nfi what the rule was in regards to them. Figured if I injured myself, my own stupid fault. :p

Salazar said:

Probably one of those situations where you can't unsee.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Salazar said:

I imagine the consequences of the piercing catching on something would be absolutely excruciating.

Youtube comments have it right for once, who has a piercing in their dick?

Rahk

Was roped into seeing Transformers 3 last Thursday. It was better than the second one, but that's not saying much. I didn't really like the first one either though. At least RiffTrax made watching them bearable.

Real3D doesn't do much for me. Gives the picture more depth, but it's not really a huge jump from 2D. Pretty much felt the same about Avatar. Maybe it will be better at IMAX.

jambo

Rahk said:
I believe you can make these yourself with two pairs of 3D glasses. Rip out the lenses and put two left lenses together and two right lenses together and then you have two pairs.

Interesting...

I have 3 pairs of 3D glasses sitting at home, I could totally make a non-3D pair.

jambo said:
Interesting...

I have 3 pairs of 3D glasses sitting at home, I could totally make a non-3D pair.

The problem I have with 3D is that I have to wear the effing glasses though. So wearing two pairs sounds even worse. The whole trend feels like its finally dying off though. I though Avatar did it well, but pretty much everything since has been shite.

One of the benefits of living in a small town is that the (one) cinema here doesn't have 3D. That's probably outweighed by the fact that movies come here like a month later than everywhere else though.

Mistle said:
Whoa, that's harsh :O Eh, I still really like them.

I was really big into the self titled, Roll On and State of Emergency (Modern ARTillery was okay, but not as good as the others) but recently it's just as if they've tried to go more radio friendly (as if they weren't already). Like, come on. "The ending is just the beginning repeated" 12 times as a chorus? What? They're much better than this and they know it.

jambo

FallbackPants said:
The problem I have with 3D is that I have to wear the effing glasses though. So wearing two pairs sounds even worse.

fisxD.jpg

You don't wear two pairs, you put two right lens pieces in to one pair.

FallbackPants said:
The problem I have with 3D is that I have to wear the effing glasses though. So wearing two pairs sounds even worse. The whole trend feels like its finally dying off though. I though Avatar did it well, but pretty much everything since has been shite.
I don't think so. It's a new technology (well, sort of) and most of the 3D movies you've seen come out in the past couple of years have actually been changed to 3D in post production as opposed to actually being shot from day one in 3D.

Say what you want about Michael Bay, but at least he used proper 3D equipment to shoot his latest pile of crap.

I think 3D is going to get pushed down our throats more and more over the next couple of years, and if the technology ever becomes mature enough that it doesn't feel like a gimmick, it'll keep on keeping on. That said, if even State of Origin isn't broadcast in 3D, I can see it being drawn out for more than a decade on the TV side of things.

Megadrive said:
I was really big into the self titled, Roll On and State of Emergency (Modern ARTillery was okay, but not as good as the others) but recently it's just as if they've tried to go more radio friendly (as if they weren't already).
They reputedly toured for a year to get the right songs for White Noise. That'd mean they chose the most audience friendly ones I guess, and thus the most radio friendly ones.

Maybe a bit of insecurity as opposed to intentionally creating radio fodder.

So much weirdness in the newest OzGameShop email...

3UtqQ.jpg

Aha....

Apparently this turns your 360 into art.

RQHpw.jpg

The fuck?!?!

Look, I've played some games in my time that sound boring but at least they made it sound exciting. The blurb from this game tries to makes the mundane exciting by stating the mundaneness of it it all it's mundane glory!!

Brush off the dirt and make a clean sweep as you embark on a career to become an accomplished street cleaner. Choose from a selection of highly detailed sweeping machines as you navigate the city in search of detritus. From industrial areas, to residential and retail districts to motorways and even fairgrounds your skills are much in demand to bring shine and sparkle to the city.

As your experience grows, so will your tasks as you have to deal with ever more complex contamination using authentic clean-up techniques. With individually controllable brushes on your vehicle, along with manual management of the water tank, dirt traps and fuel, each vehicle is the ultimate in realistic simulation, complete with full 3D cab views.

Get up close to the grime with custom zoomed camera views and a dynamic particle system as your cleaning vehicle devours the dust in 14 challenging missions.

Polish up your business as you spend your hard earned income on upgrades and additional vehicles.

Your tasks are further complicated by pedestrians and traffic, both realised using state of the art artificial intelligence that bring both life and refuse to the grubby streets as you clean by night and by day!

Get swept up into fighting the flotsam and jetsam of city life with Street Cleaning Simulator!

Just to liven it up, though, they named it Street Cleaning Simulator.

Hmmmmm....

street cleaning simulator? lawl.

Hey jambo, what are the neogaf extensions/scripts/whatever you have installed? And where can I find the PM desktop notification thingy one?

edit: Found it

Choc

Banned
masterchef spoiler for tuesday night

for those who don't know channel ten has managed to spoil the Dani vs Chef result by including a shot in the previews where Dani is wearing the immunity pin in the wednesday team challenge. Good job channel 10

Top Bottom