• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Salazar

Megadrive said:
I don't get the massive love those things get. I tried one and yes, it was tasty. But definitely not worth the massive amount the zombielike masses say.

It matters how you eat a Creme Egg, Megadrive.

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
Hell is waking up on a Sunday morning, only to find the Jackie Chan movie collection you found is entirely dubbed :(
You must have done something horrible in the past to earn that fate. Trully hellish. Although, with enough alcohol and some mates around, very amusing.

Shaneus

Megadrive said:
I don't get the massive love those things get. I tried one and yes, it was tasty. But definitely not worth the massive amount the zombielike masses say.
As said before, it's *how* you eat it. I'd never liked them normally, but once I read about trying them from the freezer, I had to try them. Haven't looked back since.
Dead Man said:
You must have done something horrible in the past to earn that fate. Trully hellish. Although, with enough alcohol and some mates around, very amusing.
Really fucking blows, so I ended up watching Rumble in the Bronx which is somewhat mostly in English anyway. Brought back fond memories of seeing it in the cinema here in Geelong when it came out :)

Rahk said:
I always wanted to try a Creme Egg when I was a kid, but never did. I don't think I've ever had one to this day. Maybe I will go remedy that today.

I didn't have one until a couple of years ago and found them thoroughly overrated. In my opinion they're mediocre at best. I have no idea why AusGAF loves them so much.

Edit: I did the freezer thing to, my dad loves them like that, still mediocre.

FreeFallin' said:
I didn't have one until a couple of years ago and found them thoroughly overrated. In my opinion they're mediocre at best. I have no idea why AusGAF loves them so much.

Edit: I did the freezer thing to, my dad loves them like that, still mediocre.
I agree.

Dead Man

Megadrive said:
Yeah, got to agree. I'll take a plain Lindt bunny any day.

Dead Man

Bernbaum said:
Well that was a quick 1000 posts.
Jambo way out in front with 63 posts, too.

evlcookie said:
The witcher 2 is $32 on D2D right now with some code, Gaf thread is here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428266

So tempting.

Darksiders is pretty darn cool so far, It's clearly a simplistic game but i'm a fan of the gothic cathedrals and demons running amok. Hopefully i can finish this before the holiday is over, Get rid of it from my backlog.
Shit, I've got to play the first one first.

Frawdder

Dead Man said:
sogood.gif
I'd take Lindt chocolate over anything, THE best chocolate.

I never found the amazing inside a Creme Egg, although it has been some time since I last had one. Might try the freezer thing if I can be bothered to buy a packet before they all run out

Dead Man

ClivePwned said:
was agreeing with midonnay in way that crude people such as myself understand.
Sorry, wasn't meaning to sound like I was getting on your case, I was trying to say Tanner was pointing out the obvious and irrelevant.

CryptiK said:
Creme Eggs and Lindt are awesome but this year I had a giant Kinder Suprise MY GOD!

Friend got a kinder surprise on Friday ... the toys are pre-made. Also the container has a hinge now. Oh and the toy, which was a dinosaur halfway out of its egg, was predominantly felt. Needless to say my nostalgia was stunted.

^^ That's redonkulous.

Did anyone know they're making a Johnny English 2? I haven't seen the original since I was in primary school, but I thought it was good back then!

CryptiK

FreeFallin' said:
Friend got a kinder surprise on Friday ... the toys are pre-made. Also the container has a hinge now. Oh and the toy, which was a dinosaur halfway out of its egg, was predominantly felt. Needless to say my nostalgia was stunted.
well the giant one I had was a GIANT EGG with a Giant suprise NO hinges and the toy had to be built it was 2 pirate ships once built they made a game soooo goood.

FreeFallin' said:
I didn't have one until a couple of years ago and found them thoroughly overrated. In my opinion they're mediocre at best. I have no idea why AusGAF loves them so much. Edit: I did the freezer thing to, my dad loves them like that, still mediocre.
Yep, not my cup of tea. Too sickly I think? Even frozen they just have a meh flavour. Don't like Mars bars either, more of a Snickers man.

Salazar said:
If there were a white chocolate Creme Egg, my life would be complete.
Your avatar is back to being annoying! GAF is starting to feel like home again. Also those new McDonalds white chocolate shakes look enticing.

Dead Man said:
I agree with everyone who says Lindt anything. Best chocolate I have ever had. Pure joy.

evlcookie said:
Darksiders is pretty darn cool so far, It's clearly a simplistic game but i'm a fan of the gothic cathedrals and demons running amok. Hopefully i can finish this before the holiday is over, Get rid of it from my backlog.
Loved Darksiders, art is fantastic and plays like a legacy Zelda title. Great fun all the way to the end. Hopefully they get a sequel out in a reasonable timespan, would love to get back into that world. Really want to 1000 this and Alpha Protocol soon, keep getting distracted by new games.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The secret best chocolate is Aldi chocolate. But Lindt bunnies are the king of bunnies.

CryptiK said:
well the giant one I had was a GIANT EGG with a Giant suprise NO hinges and the toy had to be built it was 2 pirate ships once built they made a game soooo goood.

Yeah but I don't want to have to rely on giant kinder surprises to get my shitty value, constructable, toy fix.

Bernbaum

89681884.jpg

Fuck yeah holiday afternoon!

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Your avatar is back to being annoying! GAF is starting to feel like home again. Also those new McDonalds white chocolate shakes look enticing.

My avatar is fine. Pipe down.

But thank you for the intel about white-chocolate shakes.

Nemesis_

Neverender said:
Ordered mine and copies for my friends. My gt is Moosetwik it anyone wants an Aussie to play with.

Will add you for sure when I get home.

It's now just the waiting game for my copy to arrive. =(

Shaneus

Nedjoe said:
My mk has cleared customs so I guess I gotta wait untill these public holidays end for it to be delivered to my house. Has anyone heard if the online pass that comes with the game works fine in Aus?
How do you know... tracking? How'd you buy it?

Nedjoe said:
My mk has cleared customs so I guess I gotta wait untill these public holidays end for it to be delivered to my house. Has anyone heard if the online pass that comes with the game works fine in Aus?
FIRST RULE OF MK IS YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT MK. Ahem. Sorry. But seriously anyone can read this stuff so best to talk about MK in PM messages at least until the first few months of release are over, or the next big RC title comes along (I pray that TW2 gets through before bed every night). Also online code should work no problem, if they make the disc region free it is highly likely they would use the region free code as well, it is a standard service charge code so it shouldn't be privy to regional pricing anyway (I would hope).

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
FIRST RULE OF MK IS YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT MK. Ahem. Sorry. But seriously anyone can read this stuff so best to talk about MK in PM messages at least until the first few months of release are over, or the next big RC title comes along (I pray that TW2 gets through before bed every night). Also online code should work no problem, if they make the disc region free it is highly likely they would use the region free code as well, it is a standard service charge code so it shouldn't be privy to regional pricing anyway (I would hope).
I would not expect it, but I would also not be surprised if it was region encoded. Lots of publishers use region locked DLC on region free discs on PS3, I'm just waiting for the day I get a game from the UK and can't use a code it arrives with.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I sincerely doubt customs officers have either the time or the moxy to spend resources on trawling the Internet for mentions of illegal video game importing and then actually taking legal action.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
reptilescorpio said:

Good point better to be safe than sorry.

Dead Man

Rez said:
I sincerely doubt customs officers have either the time or the moxy to spend resources on trawling the Internet for mentions of illegal video game importing and then actually take legal action.
Indeed. Can someone explain why MK9 seems to be causing so much worry with customs here? I have imported RC games before from Play Asia, and it was fine.

Clipper

Once you've received it, there's nothing to worry about. They can't retrospectively charge you for importing an RC game unless you try to sell it. I'd just take caution in putting too much information out there before the object is received, just because it could bite you in the arse if they do decide to make yours an example case. Also, not counting chickens and all that...

Thus, if you got it already, announce away. There's no danger and it will ease the anxiety for those people who have copies yet to come.

Rahk

Rez said:
Bahahaha. Relax, people. They have bigger fish to fry.
Indeed.

Obviously if you're reaching to the spokesperson for official comment they aren't going to say they're letting through illegal games.

I doubt it's getting any more attention than other games that have been refused classification in the past.

roosters93 said:
^^ That's redonkulous.

Did anyone know they're making a Johnny English 2? I haven't seen the original since I was in primary school, but I thought it was good back then!

Yeah saw a trailer for it the other day. Looks pretty good imo.

Top Bottom