• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Rezbit

reptilescorpio said:
Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

Dani hot!

Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

OMG they don't know how to cook *insert food*!

Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

Tears!

Mchef fail!

Tears!

Well it's not like you're talking about games anyway, Mr!

EDIT: My post number is a palindrome. Awesome.

Fogz

reptilescorpio said:
Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

Dani hot!

Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

Tears!

Mchef fail!

Tears!

Wow, its just like that time when steam chat worked!

legend166

evlcookie said:
I wanted to finish it when i have the second book so i can jump straight in. At the moment it might leave me a few days break, which is fine i guess.

Also i totally need to try the GTA4 graphic mods now that i have a real comp, Something for the weekend!

I usually like to give myself a few days off between anyway. Mainly because the next book never, ever picks off from where you want it to. So it's good to clear the mind so you can read the next book as its own thing.

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

Dani hot!

Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

Tears!

Fucking coles ad!

Tears!

Mchef fail!

Tears!

No need for spoilers.

Gazunta

Reptilescorpio said:
Can we have Presidog every day?

I like you :)

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what to do with Funny Webcomic. I'm having a blast making it, but I think it could be doing heaps better than it is now. Maybe it's because the theme changes every week, and people who are fans of, say, Presidog, get disappointed when they come back and there's some comic about breakfast radio DJs instead. When you go to Garfield you get Garfield, so it's easier to build up a fan base around it.

Should I just pick one character / theme and just stick to that? If so, which one should it be?

Or you know, I could actually write and draw better. Nah that couldn't be it...

Gazunta said:

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what to do with Funny Webcomic. I'm having a blast making it, but I think it could be doing heaps better than it is now. Maybe it's because the theme changes every week, and people who are fans of, say, Presidog, get disappointed when they come back and there's some comic about breakfast radio DJs instead. When you go to Garfield you get Garfield, so it's easier to build up a fan base around it.

Should I just pick one character / theme and just stick to that? If so, which one should it be?

Random comic Monday. Presidog comic every Wednesday. Old Videogame Jokes Saturday. Something like that.

legend166

Gazunta said:

Honestly, I find your site pretty hard to navigate. I mean, the only way to get to your different comic themes seems to read through a giant wall of text. You should make it so I can just click on a link and see all the comics for that category.

perhaps a central character who could interact with the various characters in your comic such as Presicat, Harold the Prudish Caramel Bar and Black Teenager's Problems.

By central- not the stick figure guy

Choc

Banned
ClivePwned said:
perhaps a central character who could interact with the various characters in your comic such as Presicat, Harold the Prudish Caramel Bar and Black Teenager's Problems.

By central- not the stick figure guy

no the cat has to be the defence minister

Defence Minister Lolcat

and various other animals for presidogs cabinet

You need a Sarah Palin like animal as well

may i suggest a sea lion from alaska.

also gaz you could do this

a different theme for each day of the week

Monday Presidog
Tuesday old video games
Wed Perverted choc bar

then fans of each know which day to hit the site if they really just want that. Gives you some structure and a week to get ideas for each comic to rather then having to pump out 5 quickly.

Rezbit

I thought this show Can of Worms was going to be like, chatting to random -people and surveying opinions about controversial shit. Instead it's another panel show with Dgrade Australian celebrities and sportsmen trying to be funny, hosted by that dude Dicko.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, now they've gone to the people.

Rezbit said:
I thought this show Can of Worms was going to be like, chatting to random -people and surveying opinions about controversial shit. Instead it's another panel show with Dgrade Australian celebrities and sportsmen trying to be funny, hosted by that dude Dicko.
Yeah it really is bleh. The ads looked great. Just run the ads for 22 minutes! A proper community vox pop of controversial things would be interesting to watch.

Rezbit

reptilescorpio said:
Yeah it really is bleh. The ads looked great. Just run the ads for 22 minutes! A proper community vox pop of controversial things would be interesting to watch.

Who are these two chicks? This is pretty boring, come on who is really offended by bogan? Vox pop show would have been way better.

kase23

Somethings for pc-gaf to look over.
After all the delays I got fed up waiting for Bulldozer and brought a little upgrade kit today :D
tube of ceramic compound in the top right corner

These are my results from half a day of OC testing, a stable 4.5ghz overclock on only 1.28vcore,
to say really impressed with this chip is an understatement.
I'll give it a few days to decide if i want to try to get it stable at a lower voltage or up the clock speed further.

Also a big thank you to speedpop for sending me this Baldurs Gate 2 manual and cloth map , you're a legend mate! never thought id hold these again :D
PM me your email addy so i can gift you something from the steam summer sale

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Alright GAF, due to my over zealous purchasing I have a UK and a US copy of Ocarina of Time to sell, $30 each inc postage. Let me know if you want it.

Rezbit

reptilescorpio said:
Oh man, super jelly. Really can't wait for my 2500k upgrade. Need my tax money meow!
Also jelly.

Tax time will hopefully give me my whole rig. Around $1200 at this stage incl. monitor.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kase, How are you finding OCn the 2500k? Has it been easy? Hard? Did you just stick to the bios or use software?

I picked one up about 2 weeks ago and i haven't botherd OC'n it yet, Feeling lazy and haven't seen the need to do it just yet.

Rezbit

Okay guys, I'm going on a hot date with myself to the movies tomorrow arvo. Should I see Transformers 3 at a close cinema, or go for a drive to a scummier suburb and see X-men?

Rezbit said:
Okay guys, I'm going on a hot date with myself to the movies tomorrow arvo. Should I see Transformers 3 at a close cinema, or go for a drive to a scummier suburb and see X-men?
Get drunk and pass out in the gutter or some randoms bedroom.

Kerrby

Banned
VOOK said:
Alright GAF, due to my over zealous purchasing I have a UK and a US copy of Ocarina of Time to sell, $30 each inc postage. Let me know if you want it.

Oh wow, I'd take you up on that offer if I didn't spend my last $30 actually getting a 3DS.

Don't miss out people! OoT is amazing.

r1chard

Finally broke and replaced my $10 no-name brand keyboard (with windows key removed) with a Razer BlackWidow (the "cheap" one, not the glow-in-the-dark one) from MSY.

Feels so good.

Clicky-click!

And I don't have to tear off the Windows key, so that's a bonus!

Haven't figured out what I'll use the macro keys for yet, if anything.

I also may have accidentally put down a deposit on Skyrim LE. 5 goddamn months before it's released. But it was a dollar cheaper than the regular edition. Which confused me, so that probably contributed to the purchase decision.

Gazunta

Wow guys, thanks so much for the site feedback. Keep it coming! It's given me a lot to think about.

Salazar where the fucking fuck do you get the time to play all these games? Crazy jealous!

Salazar

Gazunta said:
Salazar where the fucking fuck do you get the time to play all these games? Crazy jealous!

Bullshit university wasting my time. There's a hoop I have to jump through, and they have spent months and months getting the hoop ready.

Due to me working my ass off last year, I am a little ahead of schedule with some stuff, so I figure I'll play games until they're ready for me.

Rezbit said:

Transformers 3 is a bloated slog that all just kinda blurs together after a while. I haven't seen X-Men, but I'd say it's the safer bet.

remz

r1chard said:
Finally broke and replaced my $10 no-name brand keyboard (with windows key removed) with a Razer BlackWidow (the "cheap" one, not the glow-in-the-dark one) from MSY.

Feels so good.

Clicky-click!

And I don't have to tear off the Windows key, so that's a bonus!

Haven't figured out what I'll use the macro keys for yet, if anything.
I have a keyboard with similar key switches, fucking fantastic for typing.

really hate going back to a rubber dome keyboard when I'm at work, I can feel the shitty mushy keys when I type. :(

kase23

evlcookie said:
Kase, How are you finding OCn the 2500k? Has it been easy? Hard? Did you just stick to the bios or use software?

I picked one up about 2 weeks ago and i haven't botherd OC'n it yet, Feeling lazy and haven't seen the need to do it just yet.
It was pretty painless compared to OCing my last cpu, which was an phenom II x3 720 both were set by simple clock multipliers though, I used the bios to set a slightly high vcore (started at 1.33vcore) and the avg peak OC for this chip series and worked my way down, on 1.28 its very stable and under ingame load the heat doesnt rise past 48c so im pretty happy to leave it at that for the next few days.

Salazar

Wondering how much of my current build I can keep when I upgrade.

I don't suppose it's possible to say until the new stuff is out.

r1chard said:
I also may have accidentally put down a deposit on Skyrim LE. 5 goddamn months before it's released. But it was a dollar cheaper than the regular edition. Which confused me, so that probably contributed to the purchase decision.
I did this like 4 months ago when they gave out a Poster for Game Informer subscribers. The LE better damn well be worth it :(

r1chard

reptilescorpio said:
I did this like 4 months ago when they gave out a Poster for Game Informer subscribers. The LE better damn well be worth it :(
There's a cloth map. And some non-specific extra content that the guy in the store had no clue about but seemed like a friggin bargain! Seriously, I have no idea where my usual "no, I must check out the Internet and make sure this is a real bargain and what price is it likely to sell for on Steam anyway" self was ...

BUT IT'S SKYRIM! OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE WORTH IT! :)

Although it was just after I bought a 2nd-hand Katamari Forever. Which, by the way, ROCKS. Man, when people explained that game to me way back I thought they were insane. And the game is insane, but so much fun. My 7-year-old daughter rolled up 1,600m today while we both laughed our heads off.

Salazar said:
Still in the baby steps stages of Portal 2.

Quite impressed. I can tell that it is going to get somewhat crazier.

I can't believe people were actually calling valve lazy because they reused there old engine. Not only do i think the game looks fine but you can just feel the effort and polish that has went into this game. I wish the majority of other games i played were made by devs that lazy.

I don't even really like FPS or puzzle games that much but i think it's fantastic.

I really like the robots in co-op as well.

mandiller

kase23 said:
Somethings for pc-gaf to look over.
After all the delays I got fed up waiting for Bulldozer and brought a little upgrade kit today :D
tube of ceramic compound in the top right corner

These are my results from half a day of OC testing, a stable 4.5ghz overclock on only 1.28vcore,
to say really impressed with this chip is an understatement.
I'll give it a few days to decide if i want to try to get it stable at a lower voltage or up the clock speed further.

Very nice! I'm planning to upgrade to a 2500k from my Core 2 Duo very soon. A complete computer revamp, including case. I have the money but I'm just waiting for the SSD I want to be in stock.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The sad thing about the steam sale is that after all these years it's really predictable and not very exciting.

Frozen synapse is $13 but I can't see myself being any good at it :(

Rubixcuba

Banned
evlcookie said:
The sad thing about the steam sale is that after all these years it's really predictable and not very exciting.

Frozen synapse is $13 but I can't see myself being any good at it :(

You know you get two copies for $13? Go halves with someone and it's only $6.50 !
Go halves ?

Rezbit said:

Xmen FC was very good. I'm debating seeing TF3 (despite not liking TF2 and having already seen The Island) or Super 8 this week

Stackboy

Why are you guys even surprised that these free-to-air shows are rubbish?

Oh and with all the "I'm so Phil Collins indie" talk yesterday, I still listen to Ska. Because I like it. But I don't have any rare ska bootlegs.

Rezbit said:

Haven't seen Transformers, but Xmen was actually a good movie. I'd go for it if you haven't seen it.

reptilescorpio said:
Get drunk and pass out in the gutter or some randoms bedroom.

Or this

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the other XMen movies, but First Class was fun.

I was feeling very proud that I am yet to buy a single game in the Steam sales.

Then I realised it is probably because I already pretty much anything of interest that has been marked down :/

In other news, enjoyed my time spent with Sacred 2 last night. I'm not sure what it is exactly about that game, I find something about it very endearing, and the gameplay super enjoyable and relaxing. It has its problems but I am really glad I ended up buying a PC copy.

fappenmeister said:
Want to try and play coop? I've never tried it before.

I might try to play some of the campaign solo for a while to get used to the PC controls. If I'm still playing it in a week I would be up for some coop!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rubixcuba said:
You know you get two copies for $13? Go halves with someone and it's only $6.50 !
Go halves ?

If you still want it then sure. Can you grab it and gift it to me? PM me your paypal and i will shoot whatever the half of it is across.

Top Bottom