• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
I would consider Wilson indie since he has produced his own stuff his own way for so long now. Also he is awesome.

Yeah, I have man-love for Wilson. Best gig I have ever been to was Porcupine Tree a few years back.

legend166

And just to clarify in case anyone misunderstood. I was completely joking about the whole 'indie cred' stuff. I don't actually care about 'indie cred' :p

Shaneus

Salazar said:
Blur is fucking golden.
Blur was up for sale, was it? I bought it and *have* loved it, but it has extremely shitty performance with Crossfire.

Actually, I might throw that out there... what would be a suitable nVidia replacement for my dual 5850s? Performance-wise, I mean. If it's cheap enough, I might ditch them on eBay (or here) so I can fuck off CFX performance issues.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Really sucks that Blur was never more popular. Although it is still easy to find people to play with (360 anyhow).

Rubixcuba

Banned
evlcookie said:
If you still want it then sure. Can you grab it and gift it to me? PM me your paypal and i will shoot whatever the half of it is across.

Changed mind, I've resisted the sale and don't need to add to my backlog with a game that does look interesting but I probably wont play :/

legend166

I feel like playing some Wii games with the pointer so I'm going to buy Sin and Punishment 2 and Goldeneye from ozgameshop.

Someone quickly push me over the edge.

Shaneus

HOLY FUCK Transformers 3 is TWO AND A HALF HOURS LONG?!?!?

Gonna be a late night for Shaneus. Out of the cinema by *maybe* 10pm then I have to train it home to Geelong.

Whatever happened to popcorn movies being 90 minutes long like in the eighties?

A movie doesn't have to be long to be good*, dammit.

* Says the guy who watched the LOTR EE DVDs back-to-back in a day a few years back.

Deeku

Picked up NFS Hot Pursuit and Infamous 2 on the way to work this morning since I had some games to trade in.

Think I'll play NFS first. Haven't played a racing game since Paradise.

Shaneus

codswallop said:
Whatever happened to popcorn movies being 90 minutes long like in the eighties?

A movie doesn't have to be long to be good*, dammit.

* Says the guy who watched the LOTR EE DVDs back-to-back in a day a few years back.
Ugh, that's what I'd like to know. Transformers is what you'd think to be a "popcorn movie" but there's no fucking way it should be 2.5 hours long. Perhaps if Bay cut out all the reused footage from The Island then it would be 90min?

Fogz

legend166 said:
Ok no one pushed me over the edge but I bought them anyway.

Sin and Punishment 2 for $30

Goldeneye for $20.

Yay.

My copy of Goldeneye arrived yesterday. Didn't see Sin and Punishment though, might have to grab that as well.

Damn backlog :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
Blur was up for sale, was it? I bought it and *have* loved it, but it has extremely shitty performance with Crossfire.

Actually, I might throw that out there... what would be a suitable nVidia replacement for my dual 5850s? Performance-wise, I mean. If it's cheap enough, I might ditch them on eBay (or here) so I can fuck off CFX performance issues.

A GTX580 by the looks of it but even then that isn't really worth your time.

Have you tried the CF caps?

legend166

I don't know why you guys are surprised, all of Michael Bay's movies are long:

Bad Boys - 118 minutes
The Rock - 136 minutes
Armageddon - 150 minutes
Pearl Harbour - 183 minutes
Bad Boys 2 - 147 minutes
The Island - 136 minutes
Transfomers - 144 minutes
Transformers 2 - 150 minutes
Transformers 3 - 157 minutes

The guy is the very definition of bloat. It's why most of his movies are terrible. You could cut 30 minutes off practically every single one of those and they'd be better films (well, only marginally, but still).

Fusebox

Banned
markot said:
Why would anyone watch his crap >_<?

Lol, and miss out on fun movies like The Rock and Bad Boys? No fucking way...

And salazar, I read that. I can't understand how the guy who got pissed on managed refrain from violence. I would have tried to beat the shit out of anyone idiot who pissed on me.

I can't believe they let him off with a warning too!!

Shaneus

markot said:
Why would anyone watch his crap >_<?
It's part of an FB group I'm in of regular movie watches and I was invited a few weeks ago. I skipped the last one because it was too far out for me to go (Jam Factory... I'm in the city) so I figure I should go to this one. Besides, in 3D it can't be *that* bad. Going for the spectacle more than anything else.

But seriously, 157 minutes?!? It's Transformers, for fuck's sake.

I think the perfect antidote will be when I go sometime this week (by myself... at a reasonable hour) to see Kung Fu Panda 2.

I thought The Island was enjoyable enough, although my memories of it are more of Scarlett Johansson than anything else.

Choc said:
Pearl Harbour is an incredible film

larrydavid.gif

mandiller

No matter which Steam server I switch to I still only getting 12kb/s download speed. Argh. Damn you steam sales.

Can anyone tell me which download server you've had the most success at?

Japan, philippines, SA, New Zealand

Salazar

mandiller said:
No matter which Steam server I switch to I still only getting 12kb/s download speed. Argh. Damn you steam sales.

Can anyone tell me which download server you've had the most success at?

I'm getting about 130 from Japan.

Two Worlds II
Resident Evil V
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Garry's Mod
Dark Messiah

All on the go.

mandiller

Salazar said:
I'm getting about 130 from Japan.

Two Worlds II
Resident Evil V
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Garry's Mod
Dark Messiah

All on the go.

I was getting the same bad speed from Japan :-/ I might try it again after a few tries. Singapore up next.

Choc

Banned
:lol

you guys thought i was serious

edit: 11 Can Of Worms Ten 930,000 240,000 312,000 162,000 106,000 111,000

smh seriously.

legend166 said:
I don't know why you guys are surprised, all of Michael Bay's movies are long:

Bad Boys - 118 minutes
The Rock - 136 minutes
Armageddon - 150 minutes
Pearl Harbour - 183 minutes
Bad Boys 2 - 147 minutes
The Island - 136 minutes
Transfomers - 144 minutes
Transformers 2 - 150 minutes
Transformers 3 - 157 minutes
Of all those movies, I can only watch The Rock over and over. Even then it's too long and a bit too rah rah. Bad Boys is OK but it's not aged well at all.

Just watch this and you've already seen Transformers 3 (and Transformers 2, and Transformers): http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/michael-bay-presents-explosions.html

Edit: OK, that link might not work... http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/7/michael-bay-explosions-821047

Deeku

Anyone in Sydney should try Booktopia. They have free local pickup in Lane Cove West and prices are decent. I think shipping is like 7 bucks or so to anywhere in Aus.

ClivePwned said:
Don't know if this has been posted but TF3 is also a Michael Bay clip show

http://youtu.be/H7kcqB3thJM
I actully don't see this as too big of a deal, reusing shots probably saved them a few thousand bucks at least every time they did it and it's only a couple of action shots, it's not like they shopped Optimus Primes head onto Ewin Mcgreggors body.

BanShunsaku said:
So Amazon just bought Book Depository.

Won't effect me as much as it would have a year ago now that I have my Kindle, but still, Boourns.

(Sorry if this is old news)

Well in that case i shall be inspired to make a purchase incase the free shipping does get killed off. Just bought the 1st 3 books by Robert Jordan "wheel of time" series
Hopefully is good.

Has anyone read? thumbs up/down?

Marshmellow said:
Well in that case i shall be inspired to make a purchase incase the free shipping does get killed off. Just bought the 1st 3 books by Robert Jordan "wheel of time" series
Hopefully is good.

I read the first few... half a dozen I guess? Probably about 13 years ago now. It starts off alright, then gets freaking weird later, and the books get progressively larger. Given they're already large to begin with, it gets a bit out of hand. I gave up eventually but know people who have kept up with the series.

Fogz

Marshmellow said:
Just bought the 1st 3 books by Robert Jordan "wheel of time" series
Hopefully is good.

Yeah I really liked them, even though they really start to drag a bit. And they were being released so slowly I'd forget what happened in the last book I read by the time the next one came out.

Now they're all out I'm gonna need to read the whole thing again from the beginning.

codswallop said:
I read the first few... half a dozen I guess? Probably about 13 years ago now. It starts off alright, then gets freaking weird later, and the books get progressively larger. Given they're already large to begin with, it gets a bit out of hand. I gave up eventually but know people who have kept up with the series.

Yeah they get to the point where they have so many characters and sub plots going the 9th book or so only has like a day of progression

Also I could do without knowing about every stitch about what a female character is wearing at any given time.

Top Bottom