• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Fogz

codswallop said:
Wait, he actually finished them? How many were there in the end? And how many pages, heh.

Yeah I think he left notes for someone else to finish the last book before he died. Think it came out not long ago. Not 100% sure though as I haven't really been keeping up on it.

Turns out Robert Jordan died in 2007 (I do seem to remember hearing that back then, but I'd given up on the series by then). A different author is trying to finish the series with the 14th book, and over 4m words for the series.

Thanks, Wikipedia!

codswallop said:
Wait, he actually finished them? How many were there in the end? And how many pages, heh.

Brandon Sanderson finished them/is finishing them.

I haven't read any Wheel of Time but Sanderson's The Way of Kings is fantastic, any fans of the genre should check it out.

Choc

Banned
according to wikipedia, 780,000 people fly between Sydney and Melbourne each month

we need high speed rail link for a fail over, thats ridiculously high risk to have a transport medium be relied on that much.

Gazunta

Lettuce is great. The next time I make burgers I will put on twice as much lettuce as usual to make up for you.

I really should play more Frozen Synapse. Every time I sit in front of the PC I get guilty for not working on something. Like during lunch I was going to fire up Steam but ended up drawing a comic about Ultima IV instead.

Gazunta

now lettuce all tell Vook how wrong he is.

Yeah Choc :) I can see the whole cabinet being run like a dog boarding house or something :) Can't wait to bring him back to experiment!

The idea of dedicating specific days to a particular theme is really appealing. It'll mean a rework of the site, and some other stuff...but hell yeah, I really like it. It'll probably have to wait until September 'coz that's when the book compilations start from. But first I'll get rid of the walls of text on the Comics page and just have nice and friendly clickable icons for each theme with the most popular ones at the top.

AH WEBSITES ARE FUNS

jambo

Gazunta said:
now lettuce all tell Vook how wrong he is.

tOb6t.gif

Fusebox

Banned
Choc said:
according to wikipedia, 780,000 people fly between Sydney and Melbourne each month

we need high speed rail link for a fail over, thats ridiculously high risk to have a transport medium be relied on that much.

I do Sydney <-> Melbourne at least once a fortnight. Not sure why you think it's high risk though, if I can't go with Qantas I'll just go with Virgin instead.
VOOK said:

Maybe you've just been eating too much watery iceberg lettuce.

Rocket > Iceberg

Choc

Banned
Fusebox said:
I do Sydney <-> Melbourne at least once a fortnight. Not sure why you think it's high risk though, if I can't go with Qantas I'll just go with Virgin instead.

Maybe you've just been eating too much watery iceberg lettuce.

Rocket > Iceberg

an ashcloud proved this theory wrong though.

Having one single means of high speed travel on a route that busy is crazy risk economically for business in those two capital cities.

also

lols @ tobacco companies. Build something that does not kill people and uses billions of tax payers dollars each year treating them and i will have sympathy for you.

Fredescu

Choc said:
lols @ tobacco companies. Build something that does not kill people and uses billions of tax payers dollars each year treating them and i will have sympathy for you.
Haven't you heard? A "nanny state" protecting you from addictive poison sticks is bad!

Fusebox

Banned
Choc said:
an ashcloud proved this theory wrong though.

Yeah, I had to use our VC that day. Nothing a hire car can't fix in an emergency but I suppose a high-speed rail option would be good too.

Choc

Banned
tobacco companies will lose and they will lose the stupid high court challenge they are going on about with IP bullshit as well.

I've been watching it pretty closely on abc24 the debate, its interesting.

and not a single fuck was given that day about tobacco companies.

also

that website is just hillarious.

Quotes from new 'laws'

ALL STUDENT ACTIVITY IS NOW MONITORED
AS OF THE 15TH OF JUNE 2021 THE AUTHORITY WILL DIGITALLY MONITOR ALL CAMPUSES AND BE CONDUCTING REGULAR AND UNANNOUNCED SECURITY SWEEPS OF STUDENT HOUSING.
SIGNED INTO LAW AND DATED 23RD OF MAY 2021
THE AUSTRALIAN INTERIOR AUTHORITY

HOLDERS OF EXPIRED ID CARDS WILL BE PROSECUTED
NOTICE NO.1058 THAT REQUIRES ALL CITIZENS TO HAVE AN ID CARD HAS NOW BEEN AMENDED TO SET INTO LAW PENALTIES FOR ANY CITIZEN FOUND HOLDING AN EXPIRED, DAMAGED OR FORGED ID CARD. MINIMUM SENTENCE FOR BREAKING NO.2393 IS A SIX (6) MONTH CUSTODIAL SENTENCE.
SIGNED INTO LAW AND DATED 16TH OF APRIL,2021

REPORT ALL LECTURERS USING NON-OFFICIAL TEXTS. IT'S THE LAW.
EDUCATIONAL LECTURERS, TEACHERS, TUTORS AND FACULTY STAFF FOUND TO BE TEACHING FROM NON-OFFICIAL TEXTS MUST BE REPORTED AND WILL BE PROSECUTED. UNDER NOTICE NO.6296 OF THE STRONGER AUSTRALIA ACT 2021- A NON-OFFICIAL TEXT IS ANY BOOK OUTSIDE OF THE AUTHORITY MANIFESTO.
SIGNED INTO LAW AND DATED 1ST OF APRIL, 2021

ALL PREGNANCIES MUST BE APPROVED
HENCEFORTH EVERY CITIZEN MUST SEEK ADVANCED APPROVAL FOR ALL PREGNANCIES. UNDER NOTICE NO.0743 OF THE STRONGER AUSTRALIA ACT 2021- THE GROWTH AND DISTRIBUTION OF POPULATION GROWTH WILL BE EXPRESSLY MANAGED BY THE AUTHORITY.
SIGNED INTO LAW AND DATED 25TH OF MARCH, 2021

ALL PUBLIC GATHERINGS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
FORTHWITH ALL PUBLIC GATHERINGS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED. UNDER NOTICE NO.6296 OF THE STRONGER AUSTRALIA ACT 2021- A PUBLIC GATHERING CAN BE DEFINED AS THE UNAPPROVED ASSEMBLY OF THREE (3) OR MORE CITIZENS.
SIGNED INTO LAW AND DATED 9TH OF AUGUST 2021

giri

codswallop said:
He did better then leave notes, he spent the last 2 days of his deathbed dictating to his wife and sanderson how the story was to end. and spent basically the last couple months doing nothing but fleshing out the storyline for sanderson. They ready very well with the rest of the series.

Of course, i'm a huge WoT fanboi, so take it all with a grain of salt.

legend166

The cigarette plain packaging thing is exactly like the pokies thing.

You've got them all saying "Pffft, stupid government, this law isn't going to change anything anyway!" one minute, and then "HOLY CRAP IF THIS LAW GOES THROUGH WE ARE SCREWED"

Which is it?

markot

Banned
legend166 said:
The cigarette plain packaging thing is exactly like the pokies thing.

You've got them all saying "Pffft, stupid government, this law isn't going to change anything anyway!" one minute, and then "HOLY CRAP IF THIS LAW GOES THROUGH WE ARE SCREWED"

Which is it?
What I love about the pokies thing is the 'we need the money to support the community!'... does the community need the money from these problem gamblers? Is it right to take their money even if it goes to some, few, good causes >.>? just seems to awful.

And now the freaking NRL is backing the clubs... buh.

Salazar

I have a huge billboard up near my house.

WHO VOTED FOR A LICENSE TO PUNT ?

IT'S UNAUSTRALIAN.

Somewhat more embarrassing, even, than the erectile dysfunction sign it replaced.

Choc

Banned
markot said:
What I love about the pokies thing is the 'we need the money to support the community!'... does the community need the money from these problem gamblers? Is it right to take their money even if it goes to some, few, good causes >.>? just seems to awful.

because the truth is, without poker machines in clubs, NRL clubs will go broke.

I don't agree with it, but thats the truth.

giri

markot said:

Whilst i feel no sympathy for tobaco companies, they're not wrong that the government is making us a nanny state.

Top Bottom