• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Gazunta said:
Lettuce is great. The next time I make burgers I will put on twice as much lettuce as usual to make up for you.
Now it is time to talk about the art of making burgers, a topic dear to my heart. Annnd... go.

markot

Banned
Plain packaging isnt nanny stating anymore than forcing them to hide the packs from customers, or putting a huge tax on the product.

And gambling is already highly regulated, I dont think we nanny state it up anymore by attempting to help the problem gamblers.

fisheyes

VOOK said:
Homer+Rock+Bottom.jpg

Hi.

Also, Lettuce is Oak-ay by me.
I've got nothing :(

giri

markot said:
Plain packaging isnt nanny stating anymore than forcing them to hide the packs from customers, or putting a huge tax on the product.

And gambling is already highly regulated, I dont think we nanny state it up anymore by attempting to help the problem gamblers.
Of course, you can take them in isolation, but it's a whole series of these type of initiatives that annoy me on the whole. I don't need the government to regulate my entire life.

giri said:
He did better then leave notes, he spent the last 2 days of his deathbed dictating to his wife and sanderson how the story was to end.
That is serious dedication. If I wasn't so lazy I might revisit it again, but it's been so long I think I'd feel it a waste of time.

markot

Banned
I have a bigger problem with the new laws about where people can actually smoke, its getting kind of silly. Either make it illegal or shut up imo >.<

giri

markot said:
I have a bigger problem with the new laws about where people can actually smoke, its getting kind of silly. Either make it illegal or shut up imo >.<
i do and don't, as a non-smoker i don't really care, and i'm happy that you cant smoke in clubs etc now. But i don't know which new ones you refer too.

codswallop said:
That is serious dedication. If I wasn't so lazy I might revisit it again, but it's been so long I think I'd feel it a waste of time.

As somone who has read it about 15 times, (the whole series), i'd say you're wrong. But yeah, fan boi:p

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
He better watch out for icebergs, then...
Damnit, I had an iceberg lined up and everything.

PS. Sourdough bread + chicken SCHNITZEL (FU jambo) + lettuce + mayo = win. Without any of those ingredients, it just isn't cricket.

markot said:

I have a bigger problem with people lighting up in front of me walking.

In other news I am finally spent all of my GAME store credit. Lesson learnt, never trade at game as they refuse to price match.

legend166

Go to Europe and you'll realise just how great restricted smoking areas really are.

Nothing more annoying than sitting down to enjoy a meal only to have a smoker sit next to you. Especially when it's 30 damn degrees outside.

Choc

Banned
markot said:

if you think people should be able to smoke whereever they want, go to paris and then see if you remain feeling that way

not being able to escape cig smoke is annoying

jambo

Shaneus said:
I was more focusing on the fact that I didn't say "schnitty" like some kindergarten student :p

Oh. So you've never used any Aussie slang ever?

And I use both, just like I say both dunny and toilet.

Also how do they get the schnitties all the way up to you when you're on your high horse? =P

Choc

Banned
whats that famous saying that people keep pulling out when game companies do something stupid but its more applicable to a few other government things

something like

people are only forced to accept change, when those people let the change happen.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:
Oh. So you've never used any Aussie slang ever?

And I use both, just like I say both dunny and toilet.

Also how do they get the schnitties all the way up to you when you're on your high horse? =P

just let him be jambo, us free australians must not associate with the criminal decendents

guidop

markot said:
What I love about the pokies thing is the 'we need the money to support the community!'... does the community need the money from these problem gamblers? Is it right to take their money even if it goes to some, few, good causes >.>? just seems to awful.

And now the freaking NRL is backing the clubs... buh.

If there bottom lines are so dependent on problem gamblers they are shitty businesses and don't deserve to be open. The proliferation of gambling especially pokies is the worst thing to happen to this country. How many pubs do you want to ruin pokies?

Choc

Banned
guidop said:
If there bottom lines are so dependent on problem gamblers they are shitty businesses and don't deserve to be open. The proliferation of gambling especially pokies is the worst thing to happen to this country. How many pubs do you want to ruin pokies?

the AFL, A-League and Super 15 clubs won't be fucked if the pokie law comes in

NRL used to be called ARL and Winfield Cup. NRL heavily relies on pokies

do i see a trend here?

HUGE thanks to the Fapster from Frozen Synapse. When I get internet setup in the sticks it shall be a fun time. Another early finish in Geelong, gotta pack and get to the Bool for work tomorrow. Fuck it is cold down there. Super jelly of the new Geelong office for the company, out in the industrial area but massive offices above a massive open warehouse. Glass walls. So nice.

legend166 said:
I feel like playing some Wii games with the pointer so I'm going to buy Sin and Punishment 2 and Goldeneye from ozgameshop.

Someone quickly push me over the edge.
EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2. I didn't even own a Wii at the time and I still bought a copy. No one else did though. :(

Choc said:
Pearl Harbour is an incredible film
Forgot an adjective to go along with incredible Choc. Unless you forgot the sarcasm tag.

Shaneus said:
Besides, in 3D it can't be *that* bad. Going for the spectacle more than anything else..
lol. I mean, 3D has improved a LOT of movie going experiences hasn't it? Avatar was great in 3D! And..... ah, maybe that other Avatar?

Omi said:
4.4 Earth tremor in Melbourne. didn't feel a damn thing.
Still feeling the god damn hurricane winds that have been pelting Lara since early last night. Too dangerous to drive at some points.

Jintor said:
So office talk is that Can 'o Worms is terrible
Yeah even the street was talking smack about it. Mainly that is sucked more than your Mum on an average Tuesday, etc.

BanShunsaku said:
I don't make as many purchases from them as I do but hopefully Amazon stay hands off.

Choc said:
we need high speed rail link for a fail over, thats ridiculously high risk to have a transport medium be relied on that much.
To intelligent an idea. You are fired. Run some schools into the ground before you will be allowed back into Parliament.

jambo said:
It's probably a viral ish smear ad about the plain packaging on cigarettes laws in australia."
:lol :lol :lol
Anyone who supports these fuckwits are dumbing down this country. Seriously, I would love to sit these fuckers down and explain why helping them push their message is ruining our society. Or just erase them from existence. Misinformation should NOT be tolerated. Thanks for costing us billions of dollars and thousands of lives you cunts.

Choc said:
because the truth is, without poker machines in clubs, NRL clubs will go broke.
I don't agree with it, but thats the truth.
Do the Germans have a word for profiting on the misery of others? Schadenpoope?

markot said:
The people in the tobacco industry need jobs unfortunately. They need to move them into a new job and make tobacco a substance you need a licence for. Those who are addicted have access but kids can't get started on it. Eventual win win.

jambo said:
get the schnitties all the way up
Schnitz work perfectly fine and sounds very manly. My lady friend says Schnitty.

Rezbit

legend166 said:
Go to Europe and you'll realise just how great restricted smoking areas really are.

Nothing more annoying than sitting down to enjoy a meal only to have a smoker sit next to you. Especially when it's 30 damn degrees outside.

Agree 100%.

Fusebox

Banned
Choc said:

NRL used to be called ARL and Winfield Cup. NRL heavily relies on pokies

do i see a trend here?

Point is, if you need pokies to stay in business, you shouldn't be in business.

Or more accurately, if you rely on problem gamblers to stay in business, you shouldn't be in business.

Choc

Banned
There are two things I agree with though out of this campaign

1. We did not vote for the Carbon Tax. I am not saying I am against it but we did not vote for it

Fact is there is a lot of policy we never vote on, but this seems pretty big

2. We did not vote for the pokies law AND the only reason the pokies law exists is it is how Gillard won office over Abbott by getting Wilkies vote

he has said, without question if this law fails he will withdraw his support for Gillard and we will go to an election

You can bet your bottom dollar this is why Abbott opposes the reform. He wants an election he know he will win.

Salazar

Choc said:

A League clubs are too busy fucking themselves.

I do plan to go to some more matches, though. It's vaguely relaxing.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Schnitz work perfectly fine and sounds very manly. My lady friend says Schnitty.
Schnitz is fine because it is actually saving valuable time by eliminating syllables... that can be spent by eating said schnitz. Schnitty is just playground talk.

Kinda looking forward to tonight, though. Even though it's an epic wait (5pm work finish until I head to the cinema which is 5 mins walk away at 7pm) I brought Sonic Colours and my DS with me, as well as my iPhone with a bunch of awesome shit on it.

I wonder if work will let me catch some shuteye in the server room for an hour or so. Hmm.

Fredescu

We don't vote for any law, we vote for representatives to make those decisions for us. It could be argued that Rudd won his election partly on the basis that he was going to do more for the environment than Howard was. Arguably, backing down on that was one of the things that caused his approval to tank. Gillard getting back in does suggest doing something about the environment, hence carbon tax.

Choc

Banned
Fred we voted for the GST.

You can't argue that. Howard took it to an election and won a mandate.

We do not vote for many laws, but occasionally, very occasionally we do.

jambo

reptilescorpio said:
Too intelligent an idea. You are fired. Run some schools into the ground before you will be allowed back into Parliament.

Now we're going to inject billions of dollars in to them. Wait, it's been a year, let's just close the schools.

reptilescorpio said:

Schnitz sounds like you just sneezed.

Gazunta

OK funsters, here's an interesting mental exercise.

Let's say through some wacky clerical error anyone can run for PM in the next election.

What are your three main campaign policies?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This reminds me that I have a no vote fine sitting around somewhere.

Fredescu

Choc said:
Does not change the fact he took it to an election :p
I have no idea what you're trying to say. The promises that someone takes into an election can never be the sum total of the laws they will enact during their term, otherwise we'd be more than fucked. "We didn't vote for this law" is shock jock bullshit.

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
I have no idea what you're trying to say. The promises that someone takes into an election can never be the sum total of the laws they will enact during their term, otherwise we'd be more than fucked. "We didn't vote for this law" is shock jock bullshit.

The point is Labor were hammering him on hte GST 'it will ruin the economy' 'people didnt vote for this' etc etc

so he said fuck it, and took it to an election to prove them wrong.

yes, we did not necessarily directly vote on the GST, but he took that policy to an election. Gillard said she wont introduce a carbon tax during the election campaign.....

Like i said i am not necessarily against the tax, lets wait for the details but she did say that she wouldnt do it.

guidop

Fusebox said:
That's insanely cheap. Is that place reliable?
Yes. Aside from them cancelling out of stock orders but these are shipping within 3 days.

EatChildren said:
Isn't that like AU$67, and free postage only in the UK?

EDIT: Oh I see we're included.
Free postage for us plus remove UK tax.

guidop said:
Actually AFL clubs have a big stake in pokies too. I know for instance Collingwood, Hawthorn and Essendon make a fair bit of money from Clubs they own that are packed with pokies - see http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/taxpayers-footing-magpies-pokie-bill-20101009-16d37.html
Yeah I remember Richmond or Melbourne trying really hard to get more pokies about 7 years ago but the local councils were trying to stop them. Profiting off of stealing peoples money is pretty messed up.

Top Bottom